Patch Notes - 1.4.157.0 - 20-Mar-2018

211 replies to this topic

#101 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 812 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:20 AM

Chaothulu, there aren't enough likes in the universe for me to give to your post.

You know why a locust never dares to face hug an atlas in a tabletop game? Because a kick from an atlas has the same force as an ac-20, and landing it will not only destroy the locust's leg, it will also rip off the side torso and be just shy of demolishing the center torso as well. If they aren't going to give us melee, the least they can do is up collision damage.

#102 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:25 AM

PGI needs to rework the way the Gauss chargup / firing works, because it is too easy for players to create a macro through their mouse software to automatically release the shot once the Gauss is charged up. I don't use Gauss rifles much these days, but If I were a betting man, I would wager that most of the "top-tier" Gauss snipers use a similar macro. My idea of a solution would be just to make it so Gauss rifles in the game just automatically fire at the end of the chargup period, or just get rid of the chargup altogether. There are many other not-quite cheats out there that people use too. My opinion on this is that if a player is using anything other than the in-game controls settings, then they are unsportsmanlike. Also, if nothing is done to circumvent the Gauss chargup macros then be prepared to see heavy Gauss dominating Solaris.

#103 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:49 AM

I am pretty sure you are not correct here. I use Gauss Rifles on occasion and I do not find something useful. I am pretty sure most of who you consider "top-tier" would agree. Very few of them would see a need for such a crutch.

Such a macro has several drawbacks, for example it would prevent you from not firing a shot for in case you no longer have a firing solution, or it would force you to take aim before the chargup is done and have zero time for corrections once the rifle is charged.

I am afraid you have very little idea of what you are talking about.

Edited by MrKvola, 19 March 2018 - 08:49 AM.

#104 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:57 AM

View Postmad kat, on 18 March 2018 - 02:39 AM, said:

You really do have to laugh out loud. Another patch with evidence that PGI never play this game. Let's buff the Banshee in all the locations it doesn't need but ignore the area it desperately needs buffs. The thing is a walking centre torso and I don't think I've ever died from st loss with an XL (ok maybe once or twice).

Nerfing air strikes..... Fine by me I don't think anyone actually uses then anyway. Overshadows artillery strikes? Lol.

Same problem with the king crab. Its very XL friendly because hardly anyone ever even hits the thing anywhere except the CT.

#105 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 11:28 AM

View PostMrKvola, on 19 March 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

I am pretty sure you are not correct here. I use Gauss Rifles on occasion and I do not find something useful. I am pretty sure most of who you consider "top-tier" would agree. Very few of them would see a need for such a crutch.

Such a macro has several drawbacks, for example it would prevent you from not firing a shot for in case you no longer have a firing solution, or it would force you to take aim before the chargup is done and have zero time for corrections once the rifle is charged.

I am afraid you have very little idea of what you are talking about.

I did not say anything about any player's ability to aim, what I am saying is that there is a method available that some players use to basically remove the chance of human error from the guass charge-up / cooldown mechanic (using a macro like this automatically releases the firing button at the correct time, so there is no chance of missing a cooldown). And yes, not having to concentrate on the cooldown does allow a player who uses a macro like this to focus more on aiming which would give them an advantage. I am just suggesting that PGI find a way to make macros like this ineffective.

#106 AncientOfDays

• PipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 22 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew Tazewell, TN

Posted 19 March 2018 - 12:51 PM

of course nothing to do with OPTIMIZATION of the game itself...another heavy resource patch that our comps have to account for...geez, might as well invest my money into a super computer...!

#107 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:07 PM

View PostAncientOfDays, on 19 March 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

of course nothing to do with OPTIMIZATION of the game itself...another heavy resource patch that our comps have to account for...geez, might as well invest my money into a super computer...!

No, just a $150 HDD.

#108 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:15 PM

i dont understand the clan doubleheatsink health nerf. it weakens their ability to critpad, and it only hurts if their opened up somewere. to me, this seems like itll hurt brawling clan mechs more than the intended target (clan midrange vomit). the only concievable way this hurts the clan vomit would be if IS brawling made a bigger comeback.

#109 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 01:43 PM

View Postnaterist, on 19 March 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

i dont understand the clan doubleheatsink health nerf. it weakens their ability to critpad, and it only hurts if their opened up somewere. to me, this seems like itll hurt brawling clan mechs more than the intended target (clan midrange vomit). the only concievable way this hurts the clan vomit would be if IS brawling made a bigger comeback.

It does make sense, since all of the previous tuning that PGI has done has basically made IS Mechs superior at brawling and Clan Mechs better at Mid / Long range. The new IS tech has definitely made IS Mechs better at Mid range though.

Edited by Ed Steele, 19 March 2018 - 01:44 PM.

#110 Rogue Three

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:36 PM

View PostAMEN Jesus is my Lord and Savior, on 18 March 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

[/i][/b][/b]

Descriptors are lacking.

Can a note* (Click here to see definitions for these terms.) be implemented somewhere so that people wouldn't have to google them to no avail? How is a nubi supposed to know what to strive for in an event that calls for certain achievements without knowledge as to what exactly is required of them? For example: Does "UAV locked damage" refer to what your particular system's part does to enemy UAV when you stand around it for a certain duration? and what does that damage means anyway? Is the enemy UAV disabled somehow? How? And how is this different from ECM locked damage? Ignorance is bless? May we know for sure.

Counter ECM locked damage is damage done by a weapon that requires a target lock (LRM, ATM, SSRM) to a unit that was protected by ECM (so you had to wait a long time to get your lock).

UAV locked damage is damage done by a weapon that requires a target lock to a unit observed by a UAV (as opposed to looking directly at that unit yourself or using an ally's targeting data).

#111 AncientOfDays

• PipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:51 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 19 March 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

No, just a $150 HDD.

Really...? I have the best money can buy for right now...brand new Graphics card and In a 2 month old Alienware Aurora R6 with all the trimmings...(not going to list them here), but yeah, still have to set mt settings to low just to keep from freezing in game or disconnecting in the lobby...!

#112 Cryzak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 132 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:43 PM

^^SSD makes wonders for waiting time. Much better upgrade than any graphics card if you still using HDD.

#113 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

View PostAncientOfDays, on 19 March 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

Really...? I have the best money can buy for right now...brand new Graphics card and In a 2 month old Alienware Aurora R6 with all the trimmings...(not going to list them here), but yeah, still have to set mt settings to low just to keep from freezing in game or disconnecting in the lobby...!

Something is messed up with either your PC or your software / MWO install. I too have the best (Sub $1500) graphics card and modern hardware and I don't have the problems that you describe (I do have two issues though, one is an MWO bug which I have reported and the other seems to be an inherently problem with Cryengine).

#114 AncientOfDays

• PipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:07 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 19 March 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

Something is messed up with either your PC or your software / MWO install. I too have the best (Sub $1500) graphics card and modern hardware and I don't have the problems that you describe (I do have two issues though, one is an MWO bug which I have reported and the other seems to be an inherently problem with Cryengine).

Unfortunately this is not the case. My case is not isolated...There are many Mechwarriors here that have reported the exact same thing. I have seen pilots disconnecting left and right in every match we play. Since these patches they are more frequent that the pilots like myself are disconnecting. It can't be all our comps... This game needs optimized...I am not the only one that feels this same way... just ask around on the forums there are other pilots like myself telling of their freezes and crashes and most of all disconnects throughout the matches...

View PostCryzak, on 19 March 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

^^SSD makes wonders for waiting time. Much better upgrade than any graphics card if you still using HDD.

...and yes I will be looking into an SSD instead of the primitive HDD that is installed from factory...(should've chosen the SSD upgrade before building it)...!

#115 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:09 PM

Perhaps you've overtuned your system? MWO is a bit counterintuitive when it comes to resource needs.

I play on a 4th gen i7 with a SSD and a 1050Ti and its pretty good at medium at native resolution and 100+fps at low.

Perhaps you are trying push the hardware at a too-high resolution. Are you streaming at the same time?

So many factors can affect this game which is why its so hard to compare experiences...

#116 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:19 PM

View PostAncientOfDays, on 19 March 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

Unfortunately this is not the case. My case is not isolated...There are many Mechwarriors here that have reported the exact same thing. I have seen pilots disconnecting left and right in every match we play. Since these patches they are more frequent that the pilots like myself are disconnecting. It can't be all our comps... This game needs optimized...I am not the only one that feels this same way... just ask around on the forums there are other pilots like myself telling of their freezes and crashes and most of all disconnects throughout the matches...

...and yes I will be looking into an SSD instead of the primitive HDD that is installed from factory...(should've chosen the SSD upgrade before building it)...!

Is your game crashing, or disconnecting? If you game is disconnecting then it is probably an issue with your internet connection (possibly between where you are and PGI)/ your network settings / your router / your anti-virus program or firewall (or all of the above). I agree that the game is poorly optimized but it does not cause a properly configured PC (that meets the system requirements) to crash. There are many troubleshooting threads on this forum, maybe one of them has information that can help you (if you have not already checked).

Edited by Ed Steele, 19 March 2018 - 05:22 PM.

#117 AncientOfDays

• PipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:22 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 19 March 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

Perhaps you've overtuned your system? MWO is a bit counterintuitive when it comes to resource needs.

I play on a 4th gen i7 with a SSD and a 1050Ti and its pretty good at medium at native resolution and 100+fps at low.

Perhaps you are trying push the hardware at a too-high resolution. Are you streaming at the same time?

So many factors can affect this game which is why its so hard to compare experiences...

No, I don't stream, but I have tuned m GTX1060 6GB so many times in either way, that it's not my system. It's the game and the devs know it. I have played other games using the Steam client and done many bench marks all showing great performance out of my rig set up now. But when I boot up MWO, there's so much lag and loss of FPS, especially in River City and Forest Colony, that either I disco or I freeze...Ending up with penalty after penalty because of this game!

#118 AncientOfDays

• PipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:28 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 19 March 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Is your game crashing, or disconnecting? If you game is disconnecting then it is probably an issue with your internet connection (possibly between where you are and PGI)/ your network settings / your router / your anti-virus program or firewall (or all of the above). I agree that the game is poorly optimized but it does not cause a properly configured PC (that meets the system requirements) to crash. There are many troubleshooting threads on this forum, maybe one of them has information that can help you (if you have not already checked).

It's both...and there are many others that have stated the same. Well my bench marks and the other games i have tried do not lie. It's this game, and that's the truth. I have a Upload of 30 and no issues with connections with other games in multiplayer, except for this one.

#119 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:49 PM

Like I said... overtuned... :D

#120 Ropya

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:59 PM

Still something on your end.

7700k, Gtx 1080, 32gb 4kram...playing in 4k, and pretty much maxed settings.
Every now and then I'll dip below 50fps. Like when a RAC smacks me in the face.

And I crash more than I DC. I've crashed once since Christmas.

Check your drivers, and net connections n.

Edited by Ropya, 19 March 2018 - 06:02 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users