47 replies to this topic

#41 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 March 2018 - 09:58 PM

Just means DHS will damage quicker how i read it.

Edited by Samial, 17 March 2018 - 09:59 PM.

#42 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:11 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 17 March 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

The relevant change would be to either nerf the dissipation on cDHS or buff it on IS DHS, nerfing health wont adress the real issue which is that cDHS are so easily massable which is why clan laser vomit is so dominant.

^ This.

#43 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:23 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 17 March 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

Oh and kriivan in case you didn't notice, ppc cooldown was nerfed to 5 seconds. Try having a mech with a single ppc and be relevant. It's not really gonna happen.
That time change is absolutely noticeable and makes using the weapon not even worth it in some situations.

What meta build ever even used a single PPC? At any point in the game's history?

#44 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:34 PM

View PostKrivvan, on 17 March 2018 - 10:23 PM, said:

What meta build ever even used a single PPC? At any point in the game's history?

Why does everything need to be meta..

#45 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:02 PM

View PostJess Hazen, on 17 March 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

how pgi thinks about balance
at the beginning of the day nerf clan
at the end of the day nerf clan

never bother balancing cbills costs

Who gives a flying fig about spacebucks? Besides, a competently built IS robot ends up adding on the costs the Clanbot gets to pay buying the chassis to begin with.

View PostJackalBeast, on 17 March 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

Oh and kriivan in case you didn't notice, ppc cooldown was nerfed to 5 seconds. Try having a mech with a single ppc and be relevant. It's not really gonna happen.
That time change is absolutely noticeable and makes using the weapon not even worth it in some situations.

It's not like you were DPSing with a PPC anyway. Fun fact: In tabletop, PPCs are actually about 50% slower than MWOs, with a delay of 3 (that's 7.5 seconds) between shots.

#46 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 17 March 2018 - 11:18 PM

View PostSamial, on 17 March 2018 - 10:34 PM, said:

Why does everything need to be meta..

Because it's what the discussion was about, no?

#47 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:35 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 17 March 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

When you watch the best players play even just solo queue, you notice they tend to not favor pure laser vomit, even when just coming up with a new build on the fly.

Think of the most Meta Clan Assaults in the game. Think of their most meta builds. How many are actually pure laser vomit? The standard Death Strike is Gauss Vomit. The Mad Cat Mk. 2 is a pure Dakka build. The Dire Wolf is mostly taken for ballistic builds.

Now, it's not as if I'm trying to argue that Clan laser vomit is bad. Definitely not. Or even that IS laser vomit is better. That isn't true either. It's just that Clan laser vomit isn't a one true sole defining feature of the meta.

1. When I watch Proton play Clan mechs I see him either in Gargoyle boating small pulses or Mist Lynx/Pirahna with MG (naturally) and heavy smalls. Heavy smalls FFS!

2. The Clan assault meta (if it can be called such) is something like DEATHSTRIKE And mentioning Dire Wolf and meta in the same paragraph certainly does not add to the credibility of your judgement, to put it politely.

3. At no point have I claimed that Clan laser vomit is or should be the only meta in the game. Far from it, I do encourage diverse builds and various weapon systems. I am just butthurt that for the Clans it is literally the only way to go, meta or not, and that the Clan tech base gets hammered time and again. St. Paul O.B.O. (Our Balance Overlord) seems only to consider how the Inner Sphere tech base stands up to the Clan one without a care in the world about the Clan side of the fence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users