• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 45 posts
  • Locationin my BIG ass robot

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:49 AM

So...
Enemy :
8xMG on a light mech. + some light laser

I on the other hand have 2x ERM lasers and a ERPPC.

I alpha him first on his right leg (btw: hes a light too), then continue to shoot his legs from relative close distance while we both are running in circles.
My first reaction was : hes going down before me...
Everytime i shoot, his legs lits up and my crosshair lits up.

He shoots my leg off, i can still turnarround and alpha his legs again...

He kills me (cudos to the other player)...
End of match : he still lives, did +600 damage and killed 4 players. So hes no beginner !

I on the otherhand killed nobody and did 279 damage !Posted Image

WOAT ? Posted Image 279 damage on 1 player (a light mech + hes the only one i encountered)
That cant be right !!! I didnt use air support.
If my hits where all 100% hit then 5xerppc+5xdouble ERML doesnt give me 279 damage...that has to be closer to 150 damage.

UHM ? Im I missing something ?
I'm getting more and more confused by this game math of damage dealt or taken...
But.... still loving it Posted Image

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:19 AM

You must have used a strike without knowing, or maybe caused non-fatal ammo explosion.

#3 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:20 AM

There are bugs in the system as far as counting assists and damage for sure. Based on what I've seen and heard from others, you probably got credited with the damage from someone else's air strike. Good for you as long as they don't accidentally drop it on their own team. You can see other bugs if you hang around to the end of the match and look at the final scoreboard. Not uncommon to see an AFK or disconnected player who never participated in the match do 0 damage but rack up 6+ assists.

#4 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:22 AM

Can confirm, many times getting assists and KMDDs for mechs I didn't even see.

#5 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:26 AM

I see no issue with math. The lasers would have spread between legs and only ten out out the fifteen points of damage would been delivered to leg directly, 2.5 would have have been splash damage to torso.

I am assuming you were fighting a Mist Lynx? Your load out was not appropriate for fighting lights. He out DPSed you and won as he should of. Which numbers are you disputing?

Edited by Spheroid, 18 March 2018 - 08:26 AM.

#6 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:28 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 18 March 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

I see no issue with math. The lasers would have spread between legs and only ten out out the fifteen points of damage would been delivered to leg directly, 2.5 would have have been splash damage to torso.

I am assuming you were fighting a Mist Lynx? Your load out was not appropriate for fighting lights. He out DPSed you and won as he should of. Which numbers are you disputing?

Sighz... he's not disputing the fact he lost, but that he had 279 damage on a light mech when he didn't use strikes or fire his weapons enough.

#7 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:33 AM

View PostNightbird, on 18 March 2018 - 08:28 AM, said:

Sighz... he's not disputing the fact he lost, but that he had 279 damage on a light mech when he didn't use strikes or fire his weapons enough.

We have no video or record of the fight. I can easily imagine the extra damage attributed to ppc splash or damage transfer reduction on the leg. The end of match damage number does not appear unreasonable to me.

#8 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:38 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 18 March 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

We have no video or record of the fight. I can easily imagine the extra damage attributed to ppc splash or damage transfer reduction on the leg. The end of match damage number does not appear unreasonable to me.

Well, the only 8MG lights are the Myst Lynx and Piranha. If the former, how many hitpoints can it have theoretically? 279 damage is not survivable with max skill tree.

#9 Chef Kooker

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 18 posts
  • Locationswe

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:50 AM

Don't know if this happened. But if you shoot of a torso you get credited with doing dmg to the arm that fell off as well. The inflated number might be that you shot of another part indirectly.

#10 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:50 AM

Perhaps you were shooting the dead leg unknowingly and it counted as damage (not sure if it does)

#11 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:18 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 18 March 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

or maybe caused non-fatal ammo explosion.

This is likely the case. If you managed to blow off an arm during your fight, it was probably because you got lucky and triggered an ammo explosion. All of that damage should count toward your damage score, even if the limb is unable to sustain that much damage before blowing off. One ton of C-MG ammo is 200 damage, so you probably detonated a half ton or so. If you didn't knock off a limb... then likely a bug and you got credit for someone else having done something.

#12 TechChris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Midwest, I think??? Dang "Drinkin Man's" Shooter bad for my memory! ^_^

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:24 AM

Lol,
Given your recount of it as a 8MG, plus some light lasers, I'm going to assume it was a mystlynx since that's the only mech that commonly runs that build (not to mention is one of only 2 mechs that even can).

So what more then likely happened (and pretty much is only possibility that fits if we assume your recount of the encounter is true and accurate, which I'm going to do) was you dealt something like 79 damage to the mech with your weapons, but while you were at it, you critted out a ton of ammo. A full unused ton of MG ammo would have dealt 200 damage to the mech it was equipped on, and damage from ammo explosions are credited to the mech that critted it (in this case you), plus since the mystlynx is an Omni mech it could have lived thru it since omnis come with built in c.a.s.e. which in MWO limits the ammo explosion damage to just the component it was equipped in. Thus the numbers would add up.

#13 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:41 PM

You did not hit only his legs. Take account size of mechs, hardpoint locations and the fact that both of you were moving fast.

#14 DerHuhnTeufel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

Probably a bug, OP. If you'd actually done 279 damage to him, he'd be dead, there's no way to spread that kind of damage out over a mist lynx in any way and have it survive.

#15 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

All sorts of issues with this game who knows anymore..

#16 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

View PostDerHuhnTeufel, on 18 March 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

Probably a bug, OP. If you'd actually done 279 damage to him, he'd be dead, there's no way to spread that kind of damage out over a mist lynx in any way and have it survive.

Calns have overpowered free CASE that protects even the limbs. It is extremely rare to see a Clan mech die to ammo explosion.

#17 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:20 PM

Wait, so ammo explosion damage is fully counted even if it's mitigated by CASE? If I cause a full ton of MG ammo to explode in a Clan mech's arm, I get credit for 200 damage even if CASE prevents it from transferring to the torso?

That's weird.

Edited by Kaeb Odellas, 18 March 2018 - 05:22 PM.

#18 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 05:27 PM

Someone should test it, I don't think that's the case though. Just load up a mech with no armor and blow up lost of ammo with MGs. Does damage exceed max HP?

(Private lobby)

Edited by Nightbird, 18 March 2018 - 05:27 PM.

#19 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:28 PM

View PostNightbird, on 18 March 2018 - 08:38 AM, said:

Well, the only 8MG lights are the Myst Lynx and Piranha. If the former, how many hitpoints can it have theoretically? 279 damage is not survivable with max skill tree.

If it's the Myst Linx G with full survival quirks, you're looking at a combined total of about 395 hitpoints.

So yeah, it's definitely doable

#20 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 18 March 2018 - 08:31 PM

People underestimate the amount of damage/HP mechs can actually represent especially with a maxed out survival tree. The Mist Lynx can be up to 395 HP as said. A single farmed Annihilator can put you up to 900 damage.

But you aren't likely to see that amount of damage from single mechs because mechs often die before being able to use all their HP.

Edited by Krivvan, 18 March 2018 - 08:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users