352 replies to this topic

#121 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 07 April 2018 - 05:42 AM

Im meh on the MG nerf or any nerf since the engine desync. All the mechs I liked where hit hard due to the engine desynce that I am numb to any other change.

#122 Olliman

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 05:45 AM

lol mist lynx now officially s**t-tier

#123 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 07 April 2018 - 05:52 AM

View PostOlliman, on 07 April 2018 - 05:45 AM, said:

lol mist lynx now officially s**t-tier

... well its nothing new for it.

#124 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:13 AM

As people like to point out, this is only a game, so who cares what a bushmaster can do, in R.L.

Nerfs and buffs happen for game balance.

Loving looking at the cry babies, claiming the cry babies are ruining the game for them, when if it's not fun for everyone, they don't have a game period.

Get over yourselves, it hasn't ruined the game just made it a bit more fun for people that are needed to keep the game operating.

Don't like it, do what I did, stop supporting the game, stop spending monies, and stop logging in until there is something you want..

Lets face it a machine gun nerf isn't going to stop the ego's from playing or entering mechcon 2018

#125 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:22 AM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 06 April 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

If MGs are so OP, why didn't PGI think of this before they release a 20 TON MECH with so many ballistic points? Or did they? But the alternative doesn't bear thinking.

All I see is PGI slapping themselves in the face now anyway.

Because P.G.I didn't think more than it's popular and will make us money.

Because the players that wanted it didn't think, or care about the effect another mech capable of boating was going to have, they just wanted it..

Because the office pet fish died.

There were a few people on these forums maybe they still play that predicted the Piranha would never be released because it boated to many MG's

Boating linked with pin point accuracy was always going to be a problem for this game, so add a mech that can boat, the weapons it boats get nerfed.

PPC's, stalker

Uac's, Jaeger Mech, Cataphract.

Artemis has been nerfed to make Srm boats less effective, Catapult, Cyclops

Why does this nerf make people so angry, surely as they're so 'wise' they must have known it was comming.

#126 Olliman

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:37 AM

"C-Bill Release Date: July 3rd 2018"

Means it is time to nerf. In order to try to make it look like they are not nerfing the mech (that a lot of customers recently paid a lot of money for), they are of course nerfing the class of weapons that mech happens to rely on.

#127 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:43 AM

View PostAlexander of Macedon, on 07 April 2018 - 03:59 AM, said:

**** it, if this actually gets pushed through I'm only going to run a cutefox with triple LAMS and a ton of heatsinks. If we can't have fun the taters don't get any either. Not like they'll notice a light sitting behind them shooting down all their missiles.

OOOOOooooh yeeeeh Fox Hunting seasons again!
ThanksPosted Image

#128 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:03 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 06 April 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

Well HERE IT IS... Nerf incoming.

Shout-out to all the low skill players who have continually whinged about something that kills you because you simply have no basic map awareness or how to shield/twist.

And to those that don't understand the real underlying issues as to WHY MGs are a little bit good - and no, they don't need a nerf at all.

So I hope you're all satisfied!

RIP cSPL
RIP IS SPL
RIP MGs

Got to be ******* kidding me! That mech is so useful in FP to free up tonnage for the rest of the deck and now it's going in the crapper. You snowflakes that made this happen that WON'T listen to the better players advice that WILL prevent you from getting SCHOOLED (pun intended) are the reason we are pissed off!

#129 roekenny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:03 AM

View PostCathy, on 07 April 2018 - 06:22 AM, said:

Why does this nerf make people so angry, surely as they're so 'wise' they must have known it was comming.

Just cause were "wise" don't mean were not peeved about it. Hell I don't even use them but pissed lights are been abused again. As issue not that they can be boated because boating has been the meta for years (if not from the beginning) because it's easier to weapon group and people are lazy. Also they would nerf laser vomit and high alpha builds but they are what pays the bills as high tonnage plenty of slots, high mounts I've not seen one of these mechs in a while *cough* Thanatos, sunspider, fafnir *cough*
Now I'm not saying there's a conspiracy PGI are nerfing lights to cater for these mechs what are in line with the current meta but get utterly wrecked by small nimble lights buuuuut...... Posted Image *dons tinfoil hat*

#130 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:16 AM

I have never had a issue fighting against a PIR, why? Because I take the advice of my betters. if my meh player ability can sit here and rant about the mech being fine for what it does and yet the nerfs are still conning... it's infuriating! Yet again clan is getting screwed because people won't listen to better players give them advice and want to sit back with their ppc/Len assault and wonder why they,are getting beat down by a mech that weighs as much as 1 of their leggs... /rant

#131 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,725 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:21 AM

THE ONLY PEOPLE YOU SHOULD BLAME ARE PGI.

Seriously, they chose to introduce a mech that exploits the build rules in order to screw a bit of cash out of the fanboys and whales. Then they nerf the exploited weapon system.

What on earth did you expect? An OP mech that made it easy to mess up almost any other mech even in the hands of average pilots not to cause a problem?

The community here is full of idiots if you couldn't see this coming the moment they announced the Piranha.

The blame lies squarely on PGI, don't put it on anyone else.

P for Pretty
G for Goddamned
I for Incompetent

Edited by Dogstar, 07 April 2018 - 07:26 AM.

#132 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:29 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 06 April 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

No MG itself has big issue in regards to its critting. This is just like the time when PGI nerfed LRMs even when they were bad, cause both LRMs and MGs are not fun to fight against, due to certain part of their mechanics--even if the weapons themselves are considered not OP. Which is why HGR nerf might also be coming soon.

Hey El, no... More nerfs are coming because of TTK in Solaris..... Not might, will. Another thought, someone earlier complained about the "Snowflake's causing this by complaining..." No as well: the players that have Russ's direct line are the experienced elite players and they are the ones he listens to.... They are MWO's "bread and butter" and he and his staff do what they want.......because they've been around the whole time. Snowflakes come and go all of the time but the "elite few" have been here from day one.... Let's not be confused since this is a business and those who spend the most have the front seats in any business.....

Food for thought....

#133 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:32 AM

View PostMystere, on 07 April 2018 - 03:57 AM, said:

As per Sarna, MGs do perform like an AC2 (i.e. damage = 2), but at much shorter range. Posted Image

Yea thought more in terms of dmg @RANGE.

#134 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:45 AM

View PostAsym, on 07 April 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

Hey El, no... More nerfs are coming because of TTK in Solaris..... Not might, will. Another thought, someone earlier complained about the "Snowflake's causing this by complaining..." No as well: the players that have Russ's direct line are the experienced elite players and they are the ones he listens to.... They are MWO's "bread and butter" and he and his staff do what they want.......because they've been around the whole time. Snowflakes come and go all of the time but the "elite few" have been here from day one.... Let's not be confused since this is a business and those who spend the most have the front seats in any business.....

Food for thought....

Funny, cuz I don't really see too many high skill vet players complaining about the PIR directly (maybe adjustments to MGs). It's mostly low experience or skill players complaining about the chassis being outright OP (even though no one so far has brought evidence of mediocre players doing consistently high damage/kill games against skilled opponents).

And it seems a bit silly to announce nerfs to a chassis/weapon system months before it goes up for sale for C-bills, gonna be pretty crappy for sales if money is the only end goal.

#135 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:45 AM

Oh my why? Yes the piranha is a tiny tiny bit op and only in the right hands and there are other clan lights that can carry too much MGs. But nerf MGs in general? No! Why hit all mechs with few hardpoints completely unjustified just because of 3 clanmechs that can boat too many. Pgi at its best.

#136 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:17 AM

what idiot release a mech with 12 MG gun points away? it's almost a sale scam.
how about give all other mechs that have ballistics about 10 ballistic ports for example the King crab which would make sense for ones.

#137 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:22 AM

View PostAbisha, on 07 April 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

how about give all other mechs that have ballistics about 10 ballistic ports for example the King crab which would make sense for ones.

Because it's a canon mech with a canon loadout... That some players wanted in game.

Edited by kuma8877, 07 April 2018 - 08:23 AM.

#138 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:23 AM

View PostAbisha, on 07 April 2018 - 08:17 AM, said:

Lore

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Piranha

Posted Image

Edited by Nightbird, 07 April 2018 - 08:23 AM.

#139 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:23 AM

View Postkuma8877, on 07 April 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

Because it's a canon mech with a canon loadout...

Canon or not, it should've been pretty obvious that it would cause issues with MG balance because of its unique capability.

#140 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:25 AM

View PostFupDup, on 07 April 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

Canon or not, it should've been pretty obvious that it would cause issues with MG balance because of its unique capability.

PGI pre-nerfed the MG twice before the release, they increased spread and reduced crit.

56 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 56 guests, 0 anonymous users