#21 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:10 PM

View PostKrivvan, on 06 April 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

What if the nerf directly addresses something like the high crit-ability against equipment? As I'm aware, he never said what the nerf was going to be, just that there was going to be one. And the last several nerfs/buffs were on the level of heat from 2.1 to 2.0.

Also, I'm not really one that thinks Lights are in a bad place. At worst the shortest range lights would be in a bad place, but poke Lights are doing quite well. I'm not worried about them.

But you are a solid light pilot - far far above the average.

And look probably overreacting a little here but that is needed sometimes to get the attention to the real / big issues and outstanding ones too like cSPL / IS SPL etc etc etc

#22 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:11 PM

Fun OP, Must NERF all the things.

#23 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:12 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 06 April 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

JUST. ADJUST. THE. CRIT. SYSTEM. FOR. MGS.

good lord.

That's not the issue. They're performing too well for their weight, especially the Clan versions. So they're bringing them in line with what they want for ultra light weapons.

Although I would like to see them rework how the crit system works past a certain number of MGs. I don't like weapons being deleted nearly instantly either. : /

#24 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:15 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 06 April 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

That's not the issue. They're performing too well for their weight, especially the Clan versions. So they're bringing them in line with what they want for ultra light weapons.

Although I would like to see them rework how the crit system works past a certain number of MGs. I don't like weapons being deleted nearly instantly either. : /

They're only performing too well in numbers of 8+.

Be very careful with the "too good for the tonnage" position, because that's the same logic that got the IS ML nerfed.

#25 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

Haven't run MG's in a while, did they ever fix the thing where 6+ of them would invisi-crit and crank up your damage rating to silly readings while doing little to no actual damage because you still hadn't cleared the armor?

#26 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:19 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 April 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

They're only performing too well in numbers of 8+.

Be very careful with the "too good for the tonnage" position, because that's the same logic that got the IS ML nerfed.

Well I'm thinking that it's really more an issue with the Clan version being only .25 tons. I'm hoping they'll leave the IS MGs alone. It would make up for the tech disparity.

#27 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

The issue isn't with weapons itself, it's with boating an insane amount of them.

Like boating 6xAC20(yes I know that isn't real, that's not the point), boating alot of anything can be bad.

Maybe have a cap on how many MG's can be used at a time?

or

Reduce it's crit effectiveness per MG added?

or

Make MG's more inaccurate(COF) per MG added?

I don't know, I just don't want MG's to be useless again.

#28 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:25 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 06 April 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

Too well? have you seen the spread?

#29 Scyther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:26 PM

Ghost heat baby, ghost heat!

(j/k!)

#30 ShadowFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:33 PM

I know many will disagree but my two bits say mg's should do jack versus armor. Real life and the Battletech books both say mg's are only useful vs. light skilled/unarmored targets.

#31 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,926 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:33 PM

Wow.
Shocked.
Who would could have anticipated such a broad brush, and utterly short sighted nerf.

FFS.

#32 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:35 PM

View PostShadowFire, on 06 April 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

I know many will disagree but my two bits say mg's should do jack versus armor. Real life and the Battletech books both say mg's are only useful vs. light skilled/unarmored targets.

No, Battletech books say that Machine Guns are as effective against armor as an AC/2.

By the way, the Inner Sphere "Machine Gun" weighs more than 1100 American pounds (500 kilograms). That's not exactly a dinky modern AK-47 that you're picturing in your mind.

#33 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:36 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 06 April 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

Too well? have you seen the spread?

I mean for .25 tons they seemed to be doing just fine. I guess it really depends on how far they're taking the nerf.

#34 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:38 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 06 April 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

I mean for .25 tons they seemed to be doing just fine. I guess it really depends on how far they're taking the nerf.

Ya for sure. Was just referencing the spread changes implemented several patches ago, as a side nerf.

#35 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,063 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:42 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 06 April 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

Jesus H ******* Christ.

The only problem mech was Piranha -- why not just give them nega quirks for ****'s sake?

its the kodiak all over again. gimp an entire weapons system just because there are a couple hardpoint inflated mechs causing all the problems. and gimp a bunch of machine gun wielding legacy mechs in the process. we have been down this road before, you think pgi would learn something. unless of course this was all intentional to encourage people to buy mech packs (this kind of thing is why i stopped).

this is where negaquirks should be used. people complain about it , pgi dont want to touch it, but this is exactly the thing those should be used on. alternatively, a thing ive been saying ever since the civil war pts: less crit, more damage. or do some combination of the two. or when you nerf machine guns, give all the machine gun lights with 4 or fewer guns mg rof quirks (higher values on mechs that already have them).

Edited by LordNothing, 06 April 2018 - 05:52 PM.

#36 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

I don't really care, this game has gone on the wayside. Server/game instabilities affecting hitreg etc are getting more irksome then ever.

#37 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:50 PM

View PostShadowFire, on 06 April 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

The GAU-8 30mm, from the A-10, only weighs in at 619.5 lbs. The GAU-12 25mm (from the Harrier) only weighs 270 lbs. The M230 30mm (Apache) weighs a hefty 127 lbs.... ALL of these will put holes through heavy armor today.

#38 ShadowFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:03 PM

View Postkuma8877, on 06 April 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

The GAU-8 30mm, from the A-10, only weighs in at 619.5 lbs. The GAU-12 25mm (from the Harrier) only weighs 270 lbs. The M230 30mm (Apache) weighs a hefty 127 lbs.... ALL of these will put holes through heavy armor today.

Rear/Top armor only with the speed of a jet/helo behind it.

#39 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:08 PM

View PostShadowFire, on 06 April 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

Rear/Top armor only with the speed of a jet/helo behind it.

None of those platforms imparts any real speed benefits to the velocity of the round. Apaches kill armor just fine from a hover, and A-10's and Harriers providing close air support aren't exactly speeding around the battlefield all top gun like.

And how long do you think something with ablative armor stands in front of that weathering the storm? Now imagine MG's that actually weigh a 1/2 ton and what that could do.

Edited by kuma8877, 06 April 2018 - 06:15 PM.

#40 visionGT4

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 313 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:22 PM

View Postkuma8877, on 06 April 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

None of those platforms imparts any real speed benefits to the velocity of the round. Apaches kill armor just fine from a hover, and A-10's and Harriers providing close air support aren't exactly speeding around the battlefield all top gun like.

And as you know those Apaches killing armor from a hover are utilising heavy ATGM's. The only guns killing MBT's are of the high pressure 120mm - 125mm type firing APFSDS-DU/T.

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users