45 replies to this topic

#41 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:03 PM

You know what? Decided... I'll just add my own Uziel stats to show a more broad spectrum of it. It also helps to add more data overall, just because.

2S: 11 matches, W/L 0.83, K/D 0.63, DpM 248.
3P: 25 matches, W/L 1.50, K/D 0.85, DpM 221. (This is my Solaris mech.)
3S: 49 matches, W/L 0.96, K/D 0.56, DpM 293.
3S(S): 49 matches, W/L 1.67, K/D 0.51, DpM 292.

Each of these do have to include a lot of matches (comparative to their recorded numbers) being test builds as I figured the thing out. And when I was checking it out, i had to deal with it's release hit boxes, complete lack of any health quirks and much fewer weapon quirks, and new tech being introduced at the same time. (I had these on pre-order.)

#42 The 4th Amigo

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 07:21 PM

Boy howdy is this thing worthless in Solaris. Tried several different configs and the Centurions (Yen Lo Wangs, ANH9 something machine gun killer) kill me in about 3 hits. I've tried snub nose PPC/HMG, dual AC5s, and the previous builds. There simply isn't enough damage possible for an Uziel to dish out before it dies.

I did try looking at the rest of the tiers and the only thing I have reasonable in D6 is an old Hunchback from when the game started. I have nothing in D5 that is capable of killing a mech quickly based on what I've been paired against in D6 and D7. I am still getting outclassed and now I get paired with folks that have W/L ratios of 2.33. So that is a short match. I guess I'll keep an eye on this thread and hope someone will figure out how to win with an Uziel. I already know I won't meet my D7 contract deadline.

Edited by The 4th Amigo, 05 May 2018 - 07:22 PM.

#43 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:01 PM

View PostThe 4th Amigo, on 05 May 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

Boy howdy is this thing worthless in Solaris. Tried several different configs and the Centurions (Yen Lo Wangs, ANH9 something machine gun killer) kill me in about 3 hits. I've tried snub nose PPC/HMG, dual AC5s, and the previous builds. There simply isn't enough damage possible for an Uziel to dish out before it dies.

PPCs have slower reload times, which don't typically work well in Solaris unless your mech is reasonably quirked for it. Dual AC5s isn't bad, but it's a low alpha. If you have the accuracy, it can do it though.

Have you tried the AC2 version? Just wondering. Should be able to spit out enough lead down range to do something.

But do recall, Solaris is a competitive game mode. You are going to need every advantage you can get. So, if your mech isn't completely skilled, or at least have it's survival tree nearly maxed out, then you don't have as much health available compared to your opponents (most likely). So at least get that done before considering the mech for Solaris.

I will comment though, not every mech works for everyone. The Uziel may just not be a good mech fit for you. Solaris is also a high end comp mode (more or less), and as such, you may just not have enough skill within the game yet to truly work within that specific game mode. Then again, how do you improve your skills? Practice... So it may just be a matter of playing more and trying to find ways to improve yourself.

#44 The Schwartz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:54 AM

Yea in D7 that Vindicator build of MRM40 3xmguns 2x lasers deals out some vicious damage and can sacrifice 1/2 it's mech to keep fighting. It's almost like a game of rock paper scissors though. D6 You do have that centurian build 3xsrm 4's 1ac/20 that is brutal burst damage and comes with a shield arm. So in context most of the maps are within medium range distance most of the time so stuff like shielding is important. Uziel just isn't very good at that and to get good firepower you almost need an xl... which is a bad idea in there.

Probably best? option with it is to leg something before it can close the distance "or blow out the cockpit"? idk the twin snubnose with the ac looks okay on paper but man is it hot and your opponents while slow for their class, still aren't slow enough for the uziel imo. I've not lost a match yet to an uziel... with 120 matches. idk just doesn't seem that great in there.

Also inD6 i could see that phoenix hawk being a right problem too with it's dps and speed

#45 Nean

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

Uziel in solaris is a pretty bad idea if you don't have it reconfigured or built for brawling. Those cents will destroy you in no time whatever.

Also I've never been more afraid of a vindy than in solaris.

#46 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:05 PM

UZL-3S Light Gauss+4 Medium Pulse Lasers, XL280.

On live you can get a dub in there if you get all of the armor bonus skills if you up only 40 points in the legs.

Best used on maps where you can keep your medium pulse lasers in play while having cover or high ground. It's quite a bit of fun. You're snapping off shots every three or so seconds and trying to maneuver in and out of cover. The Uziel's agility really comes into play on maps like mining collective and the jump jets don't hurt either. However the arm mounts are far apart making your gauss shots converge poorly. And often you'll hit your own cover trying to shoot around things.

If PGI could bring the arms in a little more and maybe even reduce the length of the shoulders. It would be hugely improved.

Edited by MechaBattler, 26 August 2018 - 12:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users