What Do You Have To Do To Get A Sponsor?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:07 AM

Patrons are nice but what do we need to do / archive to be concidered to be sponsored?

I like Solaris but it dosn't realy earn me any money as I play it for the fun and I doubt that I ever will be high in rank so do I even have a chance to make any seriouse money in solaris or will I be forced to do quickplay to get some cbills?

It would be kinda sad when only the top 10 has any chance for playing this in a good way (income wise) as I like the fast way the matches run and how I seam to be more and more matched with people of similar skill it becomes even better.

Edited by Nesutizale, 21 April 2018 - 07:09 AM.

#2 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:17 AM

I got into 15th place in Division 1 on day 1 and only got one sponsor. I'm thinking that the ranking you have with your patron may also have some effect on it, but no confirmations.

Besides that they pay practically nothing. I think it was sub 1000 cbills that the sponsor gave. I'm really thinking you have to level up your patron a lot if you want good gains.

#3 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:06 AM

The sponsor bonus is pretty terrible, I had 3 sponsors too so yeah

#4 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:58 AM

Would be nice from PGI do post something about how the get them and what multipiers we can expect. Same for patron.
Could be incentive to become better, knowing that it will be rewarded to put in the effort.

#5 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:17 AM

I was Rank 2 in Div 3 solo for like, the first 3-4 days untill the weekend hit, and i have had to work. I think i had 5 sponsors? i'll check when im home. I actually don't notice anything different from when i didnt have them, and no i have them.

#6 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:19 AM

View PostYondu the Ravager, on 21 April 2018 - 08:06 AM, said:

The sponsor bonus is pretty terrible, I had 3 sponsors too so yeah

I find the fact you being T4 trash and being 5th in the rankings a little odd....................

Edited by LordLosh, 22 April 2018 - 09:20 AM.

#7 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 01:16 PM

lol shots fired

#8 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:07 PM

I have one sponser in division 2. Appearently only W/L ratio matters, since i only have 7 games in total in that division.

#9 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:25 PM

I'm a bit surprised to see I can pick a different Patron for each Division... seems a bit silly. Shouldn't I just pick one, and all my Solaris winnings count toward that Patron?

#10 Golm

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:21 PM

I just got a sponsor (Meers Skobel), Div 1. Elo about 1650. Rank about 160. Not sure if that matters.
It appears to give me:
+2% Cbills
+1% XP
+2% ACC.

I assume those percentages get better as you rank up.

#11 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:23 PM

View PostLordLosh, on 22 April 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

I find the fact you being T4 trash and being 5th in the rankings a little odd....................

but T4 is a PUG ranking. That is how the PUG teams you are on are skilled. Winning being the most important skill measure.

#12 Grayson Dillinger

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationKansas, USA

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:44 AM

View PostThroe, on 22 April 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

I'm a bit surprised to see I can pick a different Patron for each Division... seems a bit silly. Shouldn't I just pick one, and all my Solaris winnings count toward that Patron?

This is no different than NASCAR
Just because you have a Patron or Sponsor in the Camping World Truck Series doesn't mean they carry over to the Monster Energy Series or Xfinity Series. (Yes, I just "rednecked" MWO by bringing up NASCAR...)

#13 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:23 AM

This is no different than NASCAR
Just because you have a Patron or Sponsor in the Camping World Truck Series doesn't mean they carry over to the Monster Energy Series or Xfinity Series. (Yes, I just "rednecked" MWO by bringing up NASCAR...)

Hmmmmm..... no... there aren't any camping 'Mechs. Sorry, your logic doesn't work here.

By splitting the 'Mechs into such Divisions in the first place, I think they've really acknowledged their poor game balance with finality. They've used their already poor game balance as an excuse to "provide more variety" in Solaris.

I think it's a bad excuse. I think they should've aimed at really balancing the chassis already in the game, and then we might not need Divisions at all.

But, either way, at the end of the day, these are all still 'Mechs. The Divisions don't really represent vast differences in the way the 'Mechs are played. We don't have different "tracks" for different Divisions, as with Motocross vs NASCAR. So it still doesn't really make any sense for SSR to vary by Division, even if the 'Mechs are kept separate.

As for sponsors, the last time I checked, I got a few hundred CBills from my sponsor on a win. Even with 10 sponsors, that's a pathetic additional reward, and again, the sponsors are still separated by Division, so if I want to "maximize" the additional rewards from my sponsors(which still don't make up for the already terrible CBill rewards per match), I've got to play exclusively in a single Division.

Edited by Throe, 24 April 2018 - 09:23 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users