Division 7 Vnd Is Way Too Op

division 7 vnd op

15 replies to this topic

#1 Instinct

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:26 AM

Well I've been playing div 7 a bit, using a BJ-1 with several builds and the free champion UZL-3P(C). From my viewpoint, a VCD with MLM40 is way too much for division 7 mechs.

The gameplay is always the same: VND closes in, tries to get head on head, and shoot. Because of the huge armor buffs, its simply pure luck (and/or bad gameplay of the VND pilot) to either shoot down his side torso containing the MLM's or to kill it.

So I've adapted my builds, going to an ac/20 plus a few med lasers, but that was not enough. Then I went to the uziel, and built a slow dual ac10 mech. Now from the weapon stats, the uziel is slightly superior, but when you factor in the armor buffs, there is little chance left to win.

I feel like there is simply no build to counter that.

I feel like 50% of all division 7 matches now are against this build, and its just boring, because you know, unless the enemy pilot has an extremely low skill, you will die.

So this boils down to: get a VND, or be ***** in 50% of the matches. Maybe, using a light mech may help, by constantly outrunning the VND, but other then that... no chance.

Please Piranha, check your stats, and if I am right, move that MLM40 capable VND variant to division 6 as soon as possible if you don't want the game experience to suffer badly in division 7...

#2 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:30 AM

but on the plus side. when else in the history of it's existence in MWO could someone say that a vindi is OP? :)

#3 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

Just looking the Quirks for the VND-1X, I'd say that variant probably belongs in Division 6.

#4 Instinct

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:50 AM

View PostTanar, on 25 April 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

but on the plus side. when else in the history of it's existence in MWO could someone say that a vindi is OP? Posted Image

Right, thats a first. Posted Image

View PostThroe, on 25 April 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

Just looking the Quirks for the VND-1X, I'd say that variant probably belongs in Division 6.

My experience painfully agrees...

#5 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:39 AM

This is like the HGN IIC-C of Division 4.

Way too OP.

#6 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:23 PM

Agree, the armor quirks + ability to mount a MRM40 don't belong with the rest. It's more powerful than a number of Div 6 'Mechs.

#7 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

Try running the 2 MPL spider with max engine and 6 jump jets. 159 kph, with 20% laser duration. run around in circles and leg the vindi's. and laugh

#8 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:02 PM

I have beaten them with my AC20/2mpl YLW more than I lost to them. Best part of a win is still carried by the pilot in div7 I say.

#9 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

Well the general idea is : They will fix these many issues in ~3 months (and not before).

By improving the division choice for each mech, and maybe by balancing which weapons you can/can't bring per division, and reducing the minimum range requirement of the currently completely useless weapons (you know the ones).

In the meantime, it's never going to be more unbalanced then now : If you spot an OP build, go for it.

#10 Instinct

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:56 PM

View Postsuffocater, on 25 April 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

I have beaten them with my AC20/2mpl YLW more than I lost to them. Best part of a win is still carried by the pilot in div7 I say.

Well, YLW is the second strongest mech in div7 so its not entirely surprising. I dare you - try again in a BJ-1 or Uzriel... it's no fun.

View PostHumble Dexter, on 25 April 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

Well the general idea is : They will fix these many issues in ~3 months (and not before).

By improving the division choice for each mech, and maybe by balancing which weapons you can/can't bring per division, and reducing the minimum range requirement of the currently completely useless weapons (you know the ones).

In the meantime, it's never going to be more unbalanced then now : If you spot an OP build, go for it.

Why no fixes while the season is live?

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 25 April 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Try running the 2 MPL spider with max engine and 6 jump jets. 159 kph, with 20% laser duration. run around in circles and leg the vindi's. and laugh

Thats about the only thing that could work... outspeed them and poke (or in your case just run shoot and laugh) Posted Image
Any other light builds you could recommend for that?

I was thinking about a fast uzriel with 2 ppcs... UZL-3P(C)
but not sure if this would work.

Edited by Instinct, 25 April 2018 - 03:56 PM.

#11 d00mchild

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:30 PM

i killed a few vindicators in an uziel with two lbx10. if u jumpjet, torsotwist for ur life and put down some descend hits on the torso its possible to beat them. but i also encountered very good vindicator pilots who just got me with that head on head strat. i think you can fight them off. maybe not in an blackjack.

but in my eyes the real curse of d7 is the spider. they are the hardest to defeat, with their pikipoki game. thats really frustrating.

#12 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:32 PM

View PostInstinct, on 25 April 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

Well I've been playing div 7 a bit, using a BJ-1 with several builds and the free champion UZL-3P(C). From my viewpoint, a VCD with MLM40 is way too much for division 7 mechs.

The gameplay is always the same: VND closes in, tries to get head on head, and shoot. Because of the huge armor buffs, its simply pure luck (and/or bad gameplay of the VND pilot) to either shoot down his side torso containing the MLM's or to kill it.

So I've adapted my builds, going to an ac/20 plus a few med lasers, but that was not enough. Then I went to the uziel, and built a slow dual ac10 mech. Now from the weapon stats, the uziel is slightly superior, but when you factor in the armor buffs, there is little chance left to win.

I feel like there is simply no build to counter that.

I feel like 50% of all division 7 matches now are against this build, and its just boring, because you know, unless the enemy pilot has an extremely low skill, you will die.

So this boils down to: get a VND, or be ***** in 50% of the matches. Maybe, using a light mech may help, by constantly outrunning the VND, but other then that... no chance.

Please Piranha, check your stats, and if I am right, move that MLM40 capable VND variant to division 6 as soon as possible if you don't want the game experience to suffer badly in division 7...

Yeah there are a lot of mechs that need shuffling around the divisions at the moment it's all divided up by each mech chassis but some are grossly overpowered for their class. My 6 x mpl quickdraw 5k in D6 (i think) is easily a division above, My banshee 3E is just unstoppable for anything other than a light and My YLW is again borderline a division above.

My YLW has killed a fair few Vindi's and swatted uziels with relative ease but they really have to go all out to face up to an AC20 and 2 x MPL. focus that left side hard and shield but if the Vindi knows what he's doing he'll leg you regardless of build if hes taking too much damage. That being said if in doubt focus the Vindicators head its a sure CT hit and you can hit it from any angle. Yes you can. Sometimes is the fastest way of taking it down. By the time you've ground that shoulder off you may as well of cored him where 90% of players back off then.

One things for sure Machineguns especially heavy ones really have a place in Solaris now. When an Urbanmech or an Arrow can take down assaults in a 1 V 1 its very satisfying.

Edited by mad kat, 25 April 2018 - 11:34 PM.

#13 Instinct

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:24 AM

View Postd00mchild, on 25 April 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

i killed a few vindicators in an uziel with two lbx10. if u jumpjet, torsotwist for ur life and put down some descend hits on the torso its possible to beat them. but i also encountered very good vindicator pilots who just got me with that head on head strat. i think you can fight them off. maybe not in an blackjack.

but in my eyes the real curse of d7 is the spider. they are the hardest to defeat, with their pikipoki game. thats really frustrating.

Were those running MLM40? I've killed a few vindis too, but 90% of those kills were non MLM builds. with a few very, very, very lucky MLM kills (or simply very bad pilots)

View Postmad kat, on 25 April 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

That being said if in doubt focus the Vindicators head its a sure CT hit and you can hit it from any angle. Yes you can. Sometimes is the fastest way of taking it down. By the time you've ground that shoulder off you may as well of cored him where 90% of players back off then.

One things for sure Machineguns especially heavy ones really have a place in Solaris now. When an Urbanmech or an Arrow can take down assaults in a 1 V 1 its very satisfying.

I'll try that, thanks. Didn't know the vnd's head would basically be a ct hit regardless of the torso angle. I haven't played in a while, then the heavy MG's came out... how are they different from the standard ones? still mainly crit damage, but...?

#14 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:16 AM

View PostInstinct, on 26 April 2018 - 12:24 AM, said:

I'll try that, thanks. Didn't know the vnd's head would basically be a ct hit regardless of the torso angle. I haven't played in a while, then the heavy MG's came out... how are they different from the standard ones? still mainly crit damage, but...?

I'm a bit of Vindi fan so i know from experience that's it's whole 'helmet' shape head and 'mouth'. Check out the image below to see how much of the centre torso is the head. O.k. so its not quite any angle as its jump jet pack obscures a bit then your hitting centre torso anyway!

https://sta.sh/01uus9ma52vt

Heavy machine-guns are great especially if boated. Even just three can work but as always more is better with machine-guns. They do have very low range though and chew through ammo faster but do crit faster too.

#15 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:38 AM

I agree, had to switch to Vindy-1X it puts out 1.5x as much damage as any other mech in the division.

#16 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:14 AM

VND-1X
Heat Dissipation: 7.50 %
BALLISTIC COOLDOWN: -15.00 %
MACHINE GUN ROF: 30.00 %
Energy Heat: -20.00 %
ENERGY COOLDOWN: -20.00 %
PPC Velocity: 20.00 %
MISSILE COOLDOWN: -25.00 %
BASE ARMOR (CT): 20.00
BASE ARMOR (LT): 18.00
BASE ARMOR (RT): 18.00
BASE ARMOR (LA): 16.00
BASE ARMOR (RA): 16.00
BASE ARMOR (LL): 17.00
BASE ARMOR (RL): 17.00

I don't mind the vindi to be in div7, it's just that it won the quirk lottery a bit to hard.
The missile pod is also a bit weird since it does add almost nothing to it's geometry. A timberwolf or a warhammer gets stupidly huge missile pods on top of it added, even for an lrm5. the vindi stores a mrm40 in its tiny sidetorso however.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 29 April 2018 - 02:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users