Solaris Divisions, Please Fix Fast

20 replies to this topic

#1 d00mchild

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:53 PM

Solaris is actually great. But as everybody who played it a lot knows. many things in terms of the Divisions are off. Wich leads to a extrem METAbuild exploit. And if you are not running the META you will most likely loose and have a frustrating time.

I really liked Solaris in the first week. but now i start to hate it. And i will play it very rarely until the Divisions are changed. And thats a pitty. Because essentially this is a really fun game mode and i like to play it and have good fights.

But now you can tell if it will be a fight or a stomp by looking at the opening cutscene.
you're in division 3 piloting a Heavy and fighting a kingcrab with 6 ac2. you know already that you are going to have a bad time.

PGI please Fix this before the end of the season. DONT wait for that!!!

#2 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:11 PM

[redacted]

Edited by Throe, 11 December 2018 - 04:32 PM.

#3 d00mchild

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:43 PM

i am not saying that nothing can beat a 6ac2kcr. i am just saying that a most mechs are obsolete in most matches because of there divisions.

#4 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:52 PM

[redacted]

Edited by Throe, 11 December 2018 - 04:32 PM.

#5 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

View Postd00mchild, on 30 April 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

Solaris is actually great. But as everybody who played it a lot knows. many things in terms of the Divisions are off. Wich leads to a extrem METAbuild exploit. And if you are not running the META you will most likely loose and have a frustrating time.

I really liked Solaris in the first week. but now i start to hate it. And i will play it very rarely until the Divisions are changed. And thats a pitty. Because essentially this is a really fun game mode and i like to play it and have good fights.

But now you can tell if it will be a fight or a stomp by looking at the opening cutscene.
you're in division 3 piloting a Heavy and fighting a kingcrab with 6 ac2. you know already that you are going to have a bad time.

PGI please Fix this before the end of the season. DONT wait for that!!!

are you trying to pick maps with the best advantage to your load out or are you just picking one of the smallest most exposed ones because you want to just get up in their face?

i litterally just had a match vs a 6 ac2 crab in my 4 machine gun 1 ML spider and i almost won but time expired (to be fair i was pretty beaten up by i had armor stripped from CT and just needed to get in with the MG's to crit everything)

i know in my crab battle masters can light me up if they are built right

Edited by Ph30nix, 30 April 2018 - 03:27 PM.

#6 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:31 PM

What people aren't realizing is that by pushing these so called "Meta" mechs out of the division, your not actually FIXING anything.

New "meta" mechs will take their place as the go to in a said division...

It's going to have to be a constant shuffle Up/Down. PGI FIX PLZ! like there's a instant magic decision is rather, well, dumb to be honest.

#7 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:30 PM

Running a proper build on a mech that leads to you being highly competitive...

IS.
NOT.
EXPLOITING.

#8 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:29 PM

I can fight King Crabs in Division 3, i did not yet win against one tbh, but it was superclose (Stomcrow). But i feel that Division 5

CATAPHRACT 4X is really broken.

Did anyone actually defeat one and how?

#9 Old-dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:11 AM

View PostUakari, on 30 April 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

CATAPHRACT 4X is really broken.
Did anyone actually defeat one and how?

I've had pretty good results against Phracts 4X (and the other mech you encounter often Riflemen) using my Pirates Bane with 2x Light PPC's. Actually, with this build i lost just one game due to a risky move (one shot in the back without armor). If you achieve to get the Steiner map or Jungle you can literally make your opponent go nuts Posted Image

Ps. This build isn't really suited to go up against faster opponents in this division, but considering you see the Cataphracts and Riflemen so often, its worth the risk (and the lolz).

Edited by B3R3ND, 01 May 2018 - 02:13 AM.

#10 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:19 AM

[redacted]

Edited by Throe, 11 December 2018 - 04:33 PM.

#11 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:45 AM

Mechs can have RPI / ELO ratings and automatically be put in Divisions easily.

Maybe PGI has decided to do this per season, where I would just let it run dynamically.

#12 M R T

• PipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:58 AM

View PostDFM, on 30 April 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

New "meta" mechs will take their place as the go to in a said division...

That's not necessarily true. If you look at top of the leaderboards you'll see that divisions 4 and 2, for example, don't have any clear meta. They have good mechs at the top, yes, but there is variation. If there's only 1 or 2 mechs/loadouts present in the top of the leaderboard, then it's is a good indication that the mech is too powerful for its division.

Edited by Morte Nilsum, 03 May 2018 - 12:00 PM.

#13 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:34 AM

Loved Solaris the first week. Haven't played since. Frequent division shake up is required to keep me interested. If a mech had an ELO and automatically adjusted up and down that would be fantastic.

#14 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:01 AM

View PostMorte Nilsum, on 03 May 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

That's not necessarily true. If you look at top of the leaderboards you'll see that divisions 4 and 2, for example, don't have any clear meta. They have good mechs at the top, yes, but there is variation. If there's only 1 or 2 mechs/loadouts present in the top of the leaderboard, then it's is a good indication that the mech is too powerful for its division.

^^

It's easier to fix if one doesn't overdraw the problem. The Vindicator 1X armor quirks are way too strong for D7 weapon loadouts; that's why it wins. The pilot has to play very poorly to lose when you're not going to kill them before they can deal 300+ damage. The King Crab 6x AC/2 is difficult to deal with in D3 because the other two 100 ton 'Mechs that do that are in Division *1*.

These aren't omnipresent because they are "meta," they are omnipresent for being massively OP for tier.

#15 M4DH4X

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:56 PM

Certainly if you're not running an Annihilator, you will lose in their division. Seems broken to me.

#16 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:31 PM

THERE IS AN EASY SOLUTION

add 1-2 new maps that rotate meaning that any meta must handle many terrains...most can't...meta dies and people must have a good overall build for their individual play style and skills.

Is there a meta in quick play?

#17 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:46 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 November 2018 - 12:46 PM.

#18 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:11 PM

There are some mechs you encounter very often in certain divsions that dont seem to belong there:

Cataphract X4 Divison 5. I you see a player with a very good W/L Rate i get a Cat x4 as opponent most of the time. The are unbeatable with most mechs, unless your Cat pilot is does perform very poorly.

King Crab in Divsion 3. I killed them with lights and even a Roughneck, but the make the heavies obsolete in that division. Why would i take a heavy with 30 tons less armor and not a great mobility if i encounter a KC every second match? Eigher I take a KC too or go for a light for mobility.
If i take my KC i win like 80 or 90 % of the matches, so most of the time i just dont do i because its not fun, and i loose against a KC of course.

Those AC2s. If you are in a closer range assault and your opponent has AC2s you are dead most of the times. My side torsos are ripped off before i get close when my opponent can aim.

But that will get fixed. KCs in Div 3 and CATx in Div 5 perform insanely well, so i guess they will be moved.

I liked the idea of matching lights with assaults at first, but i feel just taking weight classes might have been better, at least in 1 vs 1 matches. Matches lights against assaults often end with the assault standing back against wall and not moving.

Edited by Uakari, 07 May 2018 - 02:13 PM.

#19 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

View PostM4DH4X, on 06 May 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

Certainly if you're not running an Annihilator, you will lose in their division. Seems broken to me.

Just takes a lot of hits haha Was running a poptart on this one.

Posted Image

#20 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:08 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 November 2018 - 12:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users