#141 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:12 PM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 15 May 2018 - 04:51 AM, said:

I disagree. The arms would have been low and still far out. Rotating them up a few more degrees barely added any horizontal distance between them (which was already a ridiculous amount), and got rid of a lot of the vertical distance between them and the cockpit.

Yeah, but the way it is now, it is too easy to hit a friendly or the corner of a building with one of your arm mounted weapons, unless you put each arm on separate weapon groups.

#142 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:16 PM

I'm loving the Blood Asp, even with the not-so-large gauss shoulder mounts. I even admire the -A for its thug-attitude. My only wish would be a proper housing for the two energy weapons instead of the hexagonal pods that he shares with the other models.

#143 Herr Flow

Rookie

• Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:24 AM

I am in favor of the former larger and more pronounced ballistic hard points (can we PLEASE get them back???). Yes, it's easier to shoot them off, but at the same time, they would be higher, so even better for peaking. And while the silhouette from the side would be broad and easy to hit, it would be sleek from the front. That would amount to the same pro/con tradeoff of the Marauder: a killer from the front, but don't show your sides to the enemy. Besides: The high hard points just look awesome, that made me interested in this Mech..

#144 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:32 PM

View PostHerr Flow, on 16 May 2018 - 03:24 AM, said:

I am in favor of the former larger and more pronounced ballistic hard points (can we PLEASE get them back???). Yes, it's easier to shoot them off, but at the same time, they would be higher, so even better for peaking. And while the silhouette from the side would be broad and easy to hit, it would be sleek from the front. That would amount to the same pro/con tradeoff of the Marauder: a killer from the front, but don't show your sides to the enemy. Besides: The high hard points just look awesome, that made me interested in this Mech..

I like the height of the current shoulder hardpoints, but I'd like them to be longer so I can see them out my cockpit window. The current mounts are excellent for peeking; I had a match on Alpine where all I needed to see was a small bit of the enemy mech and I could fire at it and hit it without worrying about hitting a ridge line because the mounts are well above my targeting reticule.

#145 Ery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:01 AM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 15 May 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

The KDK-3 did not have quirks originally. It was just really good by itself. So PGI hit it's torso twist limits with the nerf bat.

KDK-3 had some structure and movement quirks at release

http://snafets.de/mw..._v1_4_069_0.htm

Edited by Ery, 17 May 2018 - 02:01 AM.

#146 EthanisAwsome

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:57 AM

The blood asp quirks don't meen anything since if you change 1 omni pod you loose them all of them. I was also hopeing to see the side torsos fixed to have the longer gun pod but no joy. I also don't think the gun pods have hit boxs because i have fired rounds straight threw them and got no hit marker

#147 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:41 PM

View PostEthanisAwsome, on 17 May 2018 - 03:57 AM, said:

The blood asp quirks don't meen anything since if you change 1 omni pod you loose them all of them. I was also hopeing to see the side torsos fixed to have the longer gun pod but no joy. I also don't think the gun pods have hit boxs because i have fired rounds straight threw them and got no hit marker

The Clan quirks work that way because of all the incessant "Clans are OP, please balance" whining that went on for years, it is just one of the many ways that Clan Mechs are nerfed.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users