Countdown To Blood Asp Release May 15Th

146 replies to this topic

#21 Spaartaaa

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:30 PM

View Postarmyunit, on 09 May 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

Am I totally trippn' or was this mech/patch always due for release on the 15th? I could've sworn it used to be due on the 22nd

Edit: Guess I've been seeing things all this time wow Posted Image

I also have the 22nd in mind, so it was really the 22nd and they changed it.

And as early adopter i also dislike the shoulder design :P

#22 Mike Barnes

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:34 PM

View PostSpaartaaa, on 09 May 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

I also have the 22nd in mind, so it was really the 22nd and they changed it.

And as early adopter i also dislike the shoulder design Posted Image

Yeah, I was almost positive it was the 22nd. I even had a conversation with someone else who thought it was the 22nd last night.

Also the highmounts while I think I'll be able to live with them, are not the extra arms I thought they would be.

#23 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:39 PM

for everyone saying "The Gauss should be flipped", someone DID post the canon pic of the mech, and they're on the LOWER chunk of those upper torso bits. fact is, you're still going to have to expose your mech to some fire to shoot them, you whiny trashborns :P

#24 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:27 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 09 May 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

for everyone saying "The Gauss should be flipped", someone DID post the canon pic of the mech, and they're on the LOWER chunk of those upper torso bits. fact is, you're still going to have to expose your mech to some fire to shoot them, you whiny trashborns Posted Image

I think you misunderstood...

I don't want the gauss barrels to be on the upper half of the shoulder cannon pods.. I want the gauss riffle's barrel triangle to point downward like the artwork, not upward..

#25 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:23 AM

ASP and you shall receive . Posted Image

#26 -Quiet-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:06 AM

looks nice but - ... countdown your users and players --- a lot stop play, leave , etc ... you need to do something ,adding more things to the shop will not help us\pgi .. if no onesaround Posted Image

Edited by Bios303, 10 May 2018 - 01:08 AM.

#27 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:13 AM

well, i ask myself if we get the promissed Solaris Quick Play Map this patch. I havent seen any Screenshots of it...

#28 R3pt1l3

Rookie

• Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:52 AM

I really hope that PGI does take our feedback seriously and change the length of the shoulder barrels. They really are too short and out of proportion. I know the art on the pre-order page is concept art but it certainly looks much better and proportionate in those images.

#29 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:50 AM

Take a close look at the difference between the ballistic mount and the energy one. The ballistic one looks longer. There's a decent sized shadow underneath the barrel, whereas the energy picture has no shadow at all. Im assuming that without a mount the hardpoint disappears (like on the madcatmkII). Given that there are no variants with both energy and ballistic, its likely that the ballistic pods are different than the energy pods. Its just hard to see since the one with ballistic pods is front facing.

Wont know 100% till they release more pics, but id wager ballistic points are twice the length of the energy points judging by the shadows there.

#30 Nekkriss

• Pip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:42 AM

View PostMike Barnes, on 09 May 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

Yeah, I was almost positive it was the 22nd. I even had a conversation with someone else who thought it was the 22nd last night.

Also the highmounts while I think I'll be able to live with them, are not the extra arms I thought they would be.

It was deff the 22nd because when they announced the release initially I was excited because it released the day before my b-day, thought the perfect timing for one of my favorite mechs.

#31 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:46 AM

Posted Image
Where did those long slender gun bois go?

#32 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:58 AM

I'm happy to get my Blood Asp.
I even got the MadCat mk2 as a Blood Asp replacement in the first place.
(similar as i got the Phract, Cat and Orion for a Marauder replacement earlier)

It seems the shoulder cannons are too short.
Spoiler

Spoiler

if you compare the concept art and the pictures here, you can see that the concept art shoulder guns are build with 4 sections.
The Laser screenshot shows 2 sections
the Gauss screenshot shows 3 or 4 sections, but the front section still seems smaller than the concept art, where it as long as the rear section (mount).

I hope the next screenshot (camos) will show more details from the side or 3/4 view to better compare the barrels.

and... I will still be happy to pilot this beast Posted Image

Edited by Reno Blade, 10 May 2018 - 05:00 AM.

#33 Callsigntal0n

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:09 AM

While everyone else is critical of the gun pods I look at that cockpit glass and for what makes sense as a headshot area compared to other mechs of equal tonnage it looks like it's going to have a massive headshot killzone. Almost as bad if not bigger than the madcat mk2 or the Highlanders both normal and IIc. I am confident in headshotting a highlander or at least hitting the cockpit around 300m away if my target is standing still long enough for me to get positive I'd. With the Blasp though I feel like I could at least hit the cockpit if not kill it at 400m with a dual gauss hit. Ofc we will have to wait and see the in game version and the size comparison screenshots but I just feel this mech is going to get "domed" more often than most others if targeted by a highskill player and will be more susceptible to "lucky shots" i call a lucky shot getting killed completely fresh from 450m away by a dual hgauss fafnir. Because of a lucky headshot. He aimed at someone else missed them and domed me. But that's a rant for another time.

#34 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:17 AM

Faction camo vid is out.

Gotta say, I'm a bit more disappointed now. Looks like the ballistic shoulder pods are overall larger than the laser ones (both longer AND taller).
I can't help but feel this was an intentional balancing decision on PGI's part. Which means it's probably likely that the mech won't be getting ST armor quirks either. Posted Image

And what's up with the long UAC-2 models while the Gauss rifles are tiny stubs?? I mean don't get me wrong, the UAC-2s look great, but it really would have been nice if the Gauss rifles had gotten the same treatment.

Finally, that BAS-A with no shoulder pods looks really odd lol (not to mention, the weapons on the arms are not symmetrical). It'll probably end up being the best out of all of them, unfortunately.

To be honest, I would rather have seen them go down the Hellspawn route, and given the Blood Asp armor quirks but kept the pods regardless of whether or not a weapon was in there.

Edited by armyunit, 10 May 2018 - 09:20 AM.

#35 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:23 AM

Looks like the arms were copy/pasted onto the shoulders :/

#36 Axex

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationInterned on Yorii

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:00 AM

Let's just shoot some IS mechs.

#37 StalowyZolw

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:36 AM

Another disappointment for me is how uac2's are spread in triple ballistic torso. I expected them to be all in shoulder pod, and even they cant fit all in shown model, there is still place for another one in pod. It could easily take two weapons. IMO all ST hardpoints should be in pods.

#38 Vanguard836

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:42 AM

Why are the pods so short and big ? According to the art they were supposed to be longer and smaller....Gauss needs to be reversed or put inside the pod....Really kills the look of the mech :/

#39 Daemonara

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 10 May 2018 - 11:17 AM

I think the Blood Asp would look amazingly cute if it had a tail, like a t-rex/grimlock kind of tail! Posted Image

#40 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:09 PM

Is it... Is it too late to see if they will lower the overall height of the shoulder mounts to make it more like the concept art? That concept art was just fraking awesome and I hope the 3D art team makes some slight tweaks to make sure we keep that same level of awesome! Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users