572 replies to this topic

#21 aardappelianen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 195 posts
  • Locationamsterdam

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:19 PM

more agility and durability for my mad dog C yay ! thnx pgi ! this wil help against those pesky quad lbx kodiaks in div2 :P

#22 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 667 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:19 PM

STOP

#23 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:29 PM

Several clan Battlemechs (Mad IIC, Supernova comes to mind off hand) that have no ability to change their hardpoints as well as Omnimechs that come equipped with 8/8 stock omnipod bonuses based off of large numbers of energy hardpoints are suddenly put into a strange place with the new laser Ghost Heat changes.

You guys did think this one through, right?

Edit - the 6 med pulse laser cougar + linebacker just got the woodshed treatment. rip. Add the Nova and the Ice Ferret too.

Edit (2) - the laser nerfs are off the table. amazing. I guess the database tab came unstuck from the Hellbringer page and gosh and begorrah, they discovered there ARE other clan mechs that have absolutely nothing going for them unless they boat some medium lasers! I'm so proud of them!

Edited by FireStoat, 12 May 2018 - 03:42 PM.

#24 Tranderas

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:30 PM

Fire Chris. Getting rid of the one advantage clan has over IS is ridiculous. "Balance." Hah. Will be nice balanced ghost drops from Tuesday on.

#25 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:31 PM

View PostTranderas, on 11 May 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Fire Chris. Getting rid of the one advantage clan has over IS is ridiculous. "Balance." Hah. Will be nice balanced ghost drops from Tuesday on.

The sad thing is it shouldn't be an advantage, or the only one. There's just only so many fun/effective weapons in the Clan arsenal.

#26 Commander James Raynor

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:32 PM

That's it. I'm cancelling my preorders and ending all ties with this game. Had enough of the absurd clan nerfs.

#27 Igor Kozyrev

• WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • 1,881 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia, Siberia

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:35 PM

This is just all around awful. You take away our favourite toys to bring "balance", but all you do is disappoint is. Make more weapons back op, give us more options instead of taking them away. Make mechs more agile, bring back stupid good jumpjets from 2013, bring back gauss ppc, unnerf laservomit and all small lasers so they can brawl again. Give us blinding flamers back, triple range on AC's, etc, etc, etc. Yeah, everything will become deadlier, but if you make mechs agile as they were before skilltree/desync, they'll have more options to stay alive. It's just awful. Every sinle balance change after mech rescale was awful. Make a goddamn test server with all those changes and let us try it out. When everything is op, nothing is op.

Edited by Igor Kozyrev, 11 May 2018 - 04:40 PM.

#28 Itachi The Prodigy

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 29 posts
  • Locationinside your wife...

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:40 PM

View PostCommander James Raynor, on 11 May 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

That's it. I'm cancelling my preorders and ending all ties with this game. Had enough of the absurd clan nerfs.

Indeed I'm Tired of Clan nerfs... I dont know why PGI can't just solve the issue by fixing ghost heat.

#29 Lt Blackthorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:43 PM

I thought PGI said that Solaris was not going to affect balancing decisions?

These Annihilator nerfs are 100% a reaction to Solaris meta. Now a mode that is barely even played anymore (Sorry, PGI, but the mode bombed and you know it) is affecting overall game balancing decisions. You should consider banning mechs from Solaris before messing around with overall game balance. Annihilators had previously been banned from serious 1v1 tournaments for a reason and, to be frank, they need those quirks to sustain the firepower that you say is their role in a larger team setting. They either need their own division or need to be banned from the mode, in the same way the Stormcrow was removed from scouting when it was a problem there.

The clan MPL nerfs also baffle me. Clan mid-range vomit is strong and deserved a nerf, but MPLs were definitely the most balanced of clan energy weapons in their previous state: fun, useful, and not OP at all.

Edited by Lt Blackthorn, 11 May 2018 - 10:14 PM.

#30 TheSprinkle

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 67 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

If you're going to implement laser ghost heat this stringent, you need to make exceptions on chassis that can't do anything else. This patch will make the MAD-IIC more useless than it already was.
I see what you're trying to do, and it makes sense, but I don't think this is the way to go about it.

#31 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:46 PM

Weren't Clans only able to fire 2 large lasers without GH trigger to begin with? Am I reading it wrong? I thought the mediums were set to 6.

Edit: Oh okay, so they just worded it really weird. You can only fire 1 heavy large laser now. And 4 meds.

Edited by MechaBattler, 11 May 2018 - 04:55 PM.

#32 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:46 PM

/jaw hits ground.

That's a hell of a Heavy Laser nerf, on top of the increaed duration and cooldowns already implemented.

#33 Hayek Lahiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 105 posts
  • LocationHoard

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

What even is this patch? Heavy lasers are hot enough as is. Where is the public test server for this ****?

Edited by Platinum Top, 11 May 2018 - 04:49 PM.

#34 BurningDesire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:51 PM

View PostIgor Kozyrev, on 11 May 2018 - 04:35 PM, said:

This is just all around awful. You take away our favourite toys to bring "balance", but all you do is disappoint is. Make more weapons back op, give us more options instead of taking them away. Make mechs more agile, bring back stupid good jumpjets from 2013, bring back gauss ppc, unnerf laservomit and all small lasers so they can brawl again. Give us blinding flamers back, triple range on AC's, etc, etc, etc. Yeah, everything will become deadlier, but if you make mechs agile as they were before skilltree/desync, they'll have more options to stay alive. It's just awful. Every sinle balance change after mech rescale was awful. Make a goddamn test server with all those changes and let us try it out. When everything is op, nothing is op.

oh yay that would be fantastic so anything smaller than a 60T mech can be instantly killed, the whole point is to increase TTK not make another ****** COD clone.
That being said the dual heavy gauss is a thing that needs changing

#35 x_Oryan_x

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:52 PM

Can Clans Lasers not get a nerf in a patch? Seems like almost in every patch they mess with clan lasers. Would not mind all the nerfing if clans had more weapon chooses like IS. An if you can not do that give clan ACs a buff love to see clan AC first one slug and not mult like UACs like the IS for balance...

Edited by x_Oryan_x, 11 May 2018 - 04:54 PM.

#36 Noguchi-san

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:52 PM

Well - i heard it before that PGI does not like the Clans and nerfed them constantly over the last years.
As a fresh and new Player i never seen any of them Devs play their own game and i believe that they just nerf dem Clans because so Tier 5 Players told them to do so - Russ?

#37 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:53 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 11 May 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

Weren't Clans only able to fire 2 large lasers without GH trigger to begin with? Am I reading it wrong? I thought the mediums were set to 6.

Yeah, and now you can only fire the following before tripping ghost heat:

1 HLL
3 HML
4 ERML
4 MPL

#38 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:54 PM

View Postprocess, on 11 May 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

Yeah, and now you can only fire the following before tripping ghost heat:

1 HLL
3 HML
4 ERML
4 MPL

Ah okay. Freaking weird way of wording that.

#39 Hayek Lahiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 105 posts
  • LocationHoard

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:55 PM

View PostBurningDesire, on 11 May 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

oh yay that would be fantastic so anything smaller than a 60T mech can be instantly killed, the whole point is to increase TTK not make another ****** COD clone.
That being said the dual heavy gauss is a thing that needs changing

You do know that nerfing is causing players to utilize focus fire more which causes players to die quicker, right? Buffing mobility would actually help TTK.

#40 Bownd

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:55 PM

These nerfs are just adding to the drop off in numbers in this game. Rethink this through PGI. Introducing new mechs and maps aren't helping.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users