• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:33 AM

View PostHal Greaves, on 16 May 2018 - 06:32 AM, said:

GOONs and NKVA?

Can we just go back to FP 2.0 already?

I know more than a few people who would come back for that.
A return to phase 2 (and nerd politics), plus NKVA hilarity?
That would be a better draw to get former players back to the game than Solaris could ever be.

#26 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:45 AM

View PostHal Greaves, on 16 May 2018 - 06:32 AM, said:

GOONs and NKVA?

Can we just go back to FP 2.0 already?

Agreed.

FP2.0

Best FP.

#27 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:31 AM

Last night there were 6 total players on Solaris queues. Between all divisions.

We can pretend that there were 6 others in Solaris matches, just to be generous.

That's 1 12man.

As hard as PGI has **** all over FW it still draws more players. How can they not be thinking of maybe un-******* it just a bit.

Give is 2.0 back. Undo queue merger. One Bukkit was a terrible idea. Do it and I'll even quit saying "LOL I FOOKIN TOLD YOU WANKERS SO", because I did.

Yes, we know multiple fronts is an issue. Let us drop attack or defend on any front. Problem solved. We cam go back to Clan v Clan, IS v IS and space nerd politics. Even NKVA can go back to joking about genocide on Kentares IV and hanging people from lampposts because that's still a better love story than Twilight and less toxic to the community than the 6+ months of Long Tom.

#28 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:41 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 16 May 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

Last night there were 6 total players on Solaris queues. Between all divisions.

We can pretend that there were 6 others in Solaris matches, just to be generous.

That's 1 12man.

As hard as PGI has **** all over FW it still draws more players. How can they not be thinking of maybe un-******* it just a bit.

Give is 2.0 back. Undo queue merger. One Bukkit was a terrible idea. Do it and I'll even quit saying "LOL I FOOKIN TOLD YOU WANKERS SO", because I did.

Yes, we know multiple fronts is an issue. Let us drop attack or defend on any front. Problem solved. We cam go back to Clan v Clan, IS v IS and space nerd politics. Even NKVA can go back to joking about genocide on Kentares IV and hanging people from lampposts because that's still a better love story than Twilight and less toxic to the community than the 6+ months of Long Tom.

Uh huh.. uh huh... but seriously, who uses wankers any more?...

#29 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:11 PM

View PostGrus, on 16 May 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Uh huh.. uh huh... but seriously, who uses wankers any more?...

Certain accents in the UK.

It's also a very evocative term that's not censored or viewed as a bannable profanity.

Like abreviating "both of", which will get you a vacation.

#30 Lt Blackthorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:55 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 16 May 2018 - 06:18 AM, said:

Not really if they are playing that poorly and delivering ZERO meme's

G0ONs do a better job...

A S H Senpai noticed us. Posted Image

Actually Songy has been showing up for some FP drops with G0ON for the last few weeks. We haven't seen the other guys, though.

I guess G0ON really was destined to reawaken Bushido. Posted Image

#31 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:24 PM

#32 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:06 PM

Convince me NKVA has returned and have Scoops hit me up on steam ... I'll pull 12 NS guys back. Been playing BattleTech like crazy.

#33 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:39 PM

Give is 2.0 back. Undo queue merger.

One queue at least leads to matches outside of the primetime hours with the current playerbase, which the shattered queue system in 2.0 didn't. 2.0 was plain dead outside of prime hours, with no matches kicking off at all, despite having a higher total player count.

During the peak of phase two, i was studying for my final law exames, which means i would be at home every single day. I'd always go to bed and get up early, was the better rythm for me, so i couldn't play during primetime. I still wanted to play one match of CW each day. So what i did was sitting on my desk, queueing a CW match, studying, checking all 30 minutes if there was another planet with people queueing etc.

There were so many days in which i got a ghostdrop if i was lucky. So many days of not even a ghostdrop kicking off for 6 to 8 hours. Not even 12 people worldwide ending up in the queue i had access to.

Phase 2 wasn't all roses aswell. It was dead in the water outside of prime hours. With the merged queues, i can atleast get matches during off hours semi reliable, and WAY more reliable than i could in the highest peak of phase 2.

Last night there were 6 total players on Solaris queues. Between all divisions. We can pretend that there were 6 others in Solaris matches, just to be generous. That's 1 12man. As hard as PGI has **** all over FW it still draws more players.

That was to be expected honestly. Solaris was a plain bad idea. If PGI should know one thing, it's that the main body of their playerbase is not up for competition. They don't want it. They are here because there is no single player Mechwarrior game right now. They hope for a single player experience off a multiplayer game, and behave accordingly.

You remember how quickly the 12 man queue turned into a ghost town? It was like 2 weeks. Prior, you saw units fielding full premades all day every day while claiming "we don't enjoy curbstomping the queue, we hope for good competition, bla bla bla".

After a few matches of getting the **** slapped out of them by SJR and (back then) Lords all of a sudden it was "damn we can't find enough players anymore, muh schedule" and boom, 12 man queue was dead.

This playerbase is way, way too casual for a ranked 1v1/2v2 mode. PGI should have realized that before spending any kind of development time on Solaris.

Edited by meteorol, 17 May 2018 - 09:41 PM.

#34 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:57 PM

View Postmeteorol, on 17 May 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

2.0 was plain dead outside of prime hours, with no matches kicking off at all, despite having a higher total

Ah I was wondering when the BS would start in this thread. Glory to phase 2!

#35 Lt Blackthorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:22 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 17 May 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

And here I was just wanting some dank war crime memes.
Posted Image

#36 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:54 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 17 May 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

Sorry, i probably imagined sitting hours in queue most days of the week without getting a drop during off hours. Studying does crazy stuff to your brain.

Oh no wait, i didn't, because i sat hours in queue without getting a drop or only getting a ghostdrop most days of the week.

Crazy stuff.

Edited by meteorol, 18 May 2018 - 12:56 AM.

#37 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:55 AM

All phase 2 was missing was the ability to do attack/defend on any faction allied front. That's it.

I am more likely to get ghost drops now than I did in Pacific hours in 2.0. Most the time FW now is totally dead most the time. You let people have a faction identity and they're more likely to play.

One Bukkit bled hundreds and hundreds of players from FW. Many hundreds.

#38 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 May 2018 - 06:47 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 17 May 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

Convince me NKVA has returned and have Scoops hit me up on steam ... I'll pull 12 NS guys back. Been playing BattleTech like crazy.

Given their numbers so far they have not convinced themselves yet!

#39 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:23 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 17 May 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

We're not pulling the numbers we used to because half of us are still too convinced the game is dogshit to reinstall

The smart half

On the other hand I'm okay with not making a splash because it means we don't get a ban email every week for posting threads about selling blood names in the clan wolf forum

#40 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:34 AM

View PostChef Kerensky, on 19 May 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

We're not pulling the numbers we used to because half of us are still too convinced the game is dogshit to reinstall

The smart half

On the other hand I'm okay with not making a splash because it means we don't get a ban email every week for posting threads about selling blood names in the clan wolf forum

Actually that's not really an issue anymore. PGI succeeded where NKVA failed and all but exterminated the Clans. They just did it by making FW so bad even the terribad emotionally fragile lorehounds who had to report everything that touched their safe space don't play anymore. On the plus side you're welcome to swing by and help us desecrate their graves. Entertainment is all they're good for. Can't even use them as fertilizer, the plants grow up so inept they can't even point their leaves at the sun. They just hope that if they report all the other plants for CoC violations they'll be alone in the garden and might survive anyway.

Also Kurita is functionally the same faction as Davion now. One big happy family.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users