Clan Crocodile Tears Wins A Glorious Victory!

81 replies to this topic

#21 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:36 PM

View PostVonbach, on 13 May 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

This sort of thing is why IS has been on the short end of the stick for years.
Any attempt to take away the clans OP toys leads to a chorus of hysterical shrieking.

I was just wondering what it is that you are doing in your IS mechs. I know IS is competitive with Clan options and I can see your stats you have a 0.62 overall KDR. If you're using mainly IS mechs and never use Clan due to you perceiving them as OP then I can see how the confirmation bias is kicking in here. There is something you are doing incorrectly in the mechs.

People can help you use better builds and better tactics with your IS mechs that can allow them to do great.

#22 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 695 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:57 PM

View PostChampion of Khorne Lord of Blood, on 13 May 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

I was just wondering what it is that you are doing in your IS mechs. I know IS is competitive with Clan options and I can see your stats you have a 0.62 overall KDR. If you're using mainly IS mechs and never use Clan due to you perceiving them as OP then I can see how the confirmation bias is kicking in here. There is something you are doing incorrectly in the mechs.

People can help you use better builds and better tactics with your IS mechs that can allow them to do great.

Nice try. I don't play meta mechs nor am I a try hard which is why I don't play clans in the first place.
If i wanted better builds or "better tactics" in other words playing like a coward I'd just play the hellbringer
and get it over with.

#23 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:59 PM

View PostVonbach, on 13 May 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

Nice try. I don't play meta mechs nor am I a try hard which is why I don't play clans in the first place.
If i wanted better builds or "better tactics" in other words playing like a coward I'd just play the hellbringer
and get it over with.

So you don't play any good mechs on IS and call Clan mechs OP because you don't want to use builds that counter them or tactics that counter them.

I'll remember to leave your opinions in the trash bin until you choose to improve your situation.

#24 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 695 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:03 PM

View PostChampion of Khorne Lord of Blood, on 13 May 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

So you don't play any good mechs on IS and call Clan mechs OP because you don't want to use builds that counter them or tactics that counter them.

I'll remember to leave your opinions in the trash bin until you choose to improve your situation.

Nice try. Clan mechs are OP. Thats why people play them. Some people need their training wheels.
Some people just go from LRMS to Clans. Some people actually earn their kills.

#25 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:19 PM

View PostVonbach, on 13 May 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

Nice try. Clan mechs are OP. Thats why people play them. Some people need their training wheels.

Given that you die 4 out of 5 games, they're clearly not working hard on earning them from you.

#26 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:20 PM

You're the one who wants to be able to run bad builds and use bad tactics and still be able to walk all over your opponents and then state that your opponents are tryhards and their mechs are OP if you can't.

#27 The Soul Hunter

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:25 PM

View PostVonbach, on 13 May 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

and get it over with.

*Snort* I brawl all the time and brawling is far from the meta. I usually play builds that are fun even if they're not meta. Recently I've been playing a lot of IS mechs trying to master the ones that the new weapons breathed life into. I get annoyed with the cowering and poke wars that happen but even with that I have a overall k/d of 1.55 to your overall k/d of .62. You're doing something wrong if you can't break at least a 1.0 k/d with all the survival quirks IS has. Either you're positioning is off or you're running some not so good builds. I'm gonna assume you're a lower tier player which means you should have an even easier time of doing well in qp.

#28 Mortalcoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 299 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:26 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 13 May 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

Mechs played most as of lately:

Cyclops

Javelin

Roughneck

Warhammer

Piranha

All IS. Keep qqing.

Glad you were fully able to actually read and comprehend the response.

OH ****, if people play a mech, that means it is overpowered, that is the only answer, not that maybe they want a challenge, maybe they want a change, nope only answer is OP OP OP! and cyclops, roughneck, and warhammer were just given out for free with MC purchases. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. hmmm.

Edited by Mortalcoil, 13 May 2018 - 07:31 PM.

#29 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:00 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 16 May 2018 - 08:31 PM.
unconstructive, discriminatory language

#30 Wil McCullough

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:10 AM

View PostVonbach, on 13 May 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

This sort of thing is why IS has been on the short end of the stick for years.
Any attempt to take away the clans OP toys leads to a chorus of hysterical shrieking.

actually most clan players are fine with nerfs. you'll be hard-pressed to find a clan pilot who didn't think the ach was OP before the spl nerfs for example.

yes, clan laser vomit need looking at, but this proposed nerf is hella overboard. it literally BREAKS a lot of clan mechs that aren't meta at all, while leaving the most meta ones barely touched (mciii i'm looking at you).

clans have had lots of op toys taken away over the seasons and while there's always been grumbling, if you take a closer look, most people only start getting REAL salty cos the "clans op" faction like to take the opportunity to jump up and down like baboons and fling doodoo around.

just look at mortalcoil. the guy has been creating threads after threads for the last two days just to mine salt. obviously clanners are gonna get pissed.

#31 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:15 AM

Silly thread.

The proposed nerfs and resultant “whining” of “crocodile tears” had very little to do with folks wanting to protect clan tech or whatever. It had everything to do however with the reality that the nerfs were essentially nothing more than the imposition of busy work on the community. The nerfs would have forced some existing laser vomit to go to different configuration of weapons to still be laser vomit with a barely noticeable decrease in alpha, or include a Gauss Rifle into their build in order to avoid the GH and maintain their alpha potential.

In effect, the proposed nerfs would force folks to rebuild a bunch of mechs with no actual impact on game play other than to hurt a few mediums and lights (2HL Shadow Cat or Adder for example), the scary long range, high alpha builds would still be just as scary but with a slightly different selection of weapons. Boo who. Whining about such silliness isn’t clan crocodile tears, its being annoyed by busy work when you would rather be playing the game.

Nerfing always sucks, but especially when it will result in nerfing the wrong things. In this case, if the proposed change doesn’t actually impact the game in the way they assert that the change is designed to (see silly commentary in the patch about 30 pt GH base line and 40% level of clan superiority, or for real entertainment see Russ’s twitter commentary of late in light of same, or Paul’s assertions of a couple months ago about how PGI “doesn’t make big changes” or Chris’s commentary throughout the last year regarding build diversity and player choice) then not making the change is a good thing. It shouldn’t take “whining” to make them see what is not only self evident but contrary to their own assertions.

#32 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:17 AM

View PostMortalcoil, on 13 May 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

OH ****, if people play a mech, that means it is overpowered, that is the only answer, not that maybe they want a challenge, maybe they want a change, nope only answer is OP OP OP! and cyclops, roughneck, and warhammer were just given out for free with MC purchases. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. hmmm.

Sleipnir came free with an mc purchase?

I didn't purchase any mc. So it didn't come from that.

Nor did any of the 6 warhammers I own.

Not really sure what your point is beyond pointless bitching.

#33 Luminis

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:21 AM

If IS Mechs are as inferior as Vonbach thinks, I gotta be mighty proud of my positive KDR and WLR in my IS Mechs. Especially my Annis which outperform most of my Clan Mechs in KDR, WLR, Kills per game, survival rate and damage done, including the oh so OP Hellbringer.

Maybe I just get an insane skill boost from the yellow UI. Gotta be the case, since all IS Mechs are underpowered as hell.

#34 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:21 AM

The OP never came back and probably never intended to. Thus, I am left with no other choice:

Posted Image

#35 Ensaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 831 posts
  • LocationOn a frozen rock .....

Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:35 AM

Dude, you get your butt handed to you in every thread where you parrot some crap you heard in some dark discord channel. Enough already. Learn what's actually happening, or just move on.....you look ignorant long enough, people may start to think you really are.....

#36 Mortalcoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:45 AM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 14 May 2018 - 06:17 AM, said:

Sleipnir came free with an mc purchase?

I didn't purchase any mc. So it didn't come from that.

Nor did any of the 6 warhammers I own.

Not really sure what your point is beyond pointless bitching.

facepalm. Yet another forum post that has no idea what they are talking about.

#37 Nerdlyte

Rookie

• Warrior - Point 4
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:55 AM

get spaced freeborn scum

#38 Luminis

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:46 AM

View PostLuminis, on 14 May 2018 - 06:21 AM, said:

If IS Mechs are as inferior as Vonbach thinks, I gotta be mighty proud of my positive KDR and WLR in my IS Mechs. Especially my Annis which outperform most of my Clan Mechs in KDR, WLR, Kills per game, survival rate and damage done, including the oh so OP Hellbringer.

Maybe I just get an insane skill boost from the yellow UI. Gotta be the case, since all IS Mechs are underpowered as hell.

Since I tell people to put up, I felt like I ought to take my own advise, so here's some stats from my profile:

Posted Image

I'm pretty mediocre by my own standards admittedly, but hey, at least no significant influx from group or CW on any of these Mechs (aside from the Deathstrike, I think). Be that as it may, someone's gotta explain to me how I can manage that if others have bad stats solely because of how underpowered IS Mechs are.

#39 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:56 AM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 13 May 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

It's funny watching people dismiss this as "whining."

The proposed nerf was total nonsense and seemed to have been developed completely arbitrarily. It looked like a spin of the balance wheel, and not an actual answer to an actual issue. This was not a well thought out proposal.

No one is saying that addressing clan-laser-vomit is a bad idea. Doing it in a well thought out manner that keeps clan lasers unique, useful and fun is what it needs, not a drunken stab in the dark.
I kind of thought some of the 'balance' changes were established from Solaris data which in my opinion is a bad place to accumulate data as it's based off 1v1 matches of more than probably an extremely min/maxed 'mech.

Making any balance changes based on Solaris results excludes the FW/QuickPlay/Group Competitive play realms where even the smallest of changes have LARGE impacts in balance.

If PGI wishes to make Solaris based changes it would be MUCH better to make 'mechs perform one way for Solaris and another way for every other game mode.

Exclusivity of Solaris based balance changes should NEVER 'leak' into the other areas of the game because, ABSOLUTELY, these are VERY different games.

#40 Luminis

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:04 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 14 May 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

Exclusivity of Solaris based balance changes should NEVER 'leak' into the other areas of the game because, ABSOLUTELY, these are VERY different games.

Absolutely. This is pretty evident by just looking at the pegging orders in the given divisions.

Now, one might argue that these changes just coincide with how Solaris is playing out but I kinda doubt that's the case.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users