Clan Crocodile Tears Wins A Glorious Victory!

81 replies to this topic

#61 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:10 PM

View PostGrus, on 14 May 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

It already is. Don't forget that YES, IS weps do less damage, but IS doesn't have to do a lot of damage to kill a clan mech. The damage to kill ratio is really close.

That's why suggested they needed to nerf IS a bit too.

#62 4rcs1ne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 474 posts
  • LocationKnoxville,TN

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:58 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 13 May 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

I would imagine those players wouldn't want to lose their crutch. >.>

IMO, this is an overly simplistic viewpoint.

Not everyone complaining about the laser nerfs were doing so with absolute meta mechs in mind. They were also protesting the fact that Clan mechs like the Gargoyle, Executioner, and Ice Ferret, which all rely on lasers, would have gotten shafted into even further oblivion.

Making bad mechs even worse is not what I call good balance. But that's just my opinion tho

#63 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:57 PM

View PostMatt2496, on 14 May 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

IMO, this is an overly simplistic viewpoint.

Not everyone complaining about the laser nerfs were doing so with absolute meta mechs in mind. They were also protesting the fact that Clan mechs like the Gargoyle, Executioner, and Ice Ferret, which all rely on lasers, would have gotten shafted into even further oblivion.

Making bad mechs even worse is not what I call good balance. But that's just my opinion tho

Well that's a better argument than most people are putting up. Mostly they're just acting indigent, slamming PGI with insults, then making remarks about how the game is going down hill.

It does seem like if they're going to go through the GH change. They should make other changes. What if they unlink Small lasers from the GH group?

#64 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:54 PM

View PostVonbach, on 13 May 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

This sort of thing is why IS has been on the short end of the stick for years.
Any attempt to take away the clans OP toys leads to a chorus of hysterical shrieking.

If they had taken away all the structure and armor quirks for IS the proposed nerf would have been received much differently.

You can't make the alpha's equal across the board while IS has such massive heath benefits and shorter burn times.

Intelligent players get this.

They also get that the 72 pt alphas that you can rattle off twice before running and hiding is stoopid. So moving forward there is going to be some reeling in of the massive power creep dropped with the new tech.

We do however need to get more IS folks into the spirit of protest as the nerf to IS large pulse was/is complete BS.

#65 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:13 PM

View Posttker 669, on 14 May 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

We do however need to get more IS folks into the spirit of protest as the nerf to IS large pulse was/is complete BS.

Oh, don't be ridiculous. There's no point. As the last two years have over and over again shown, PGI could not possibly care less what IS player think.

#66 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:31 AM

View PostMystere, on 14 May 2018 - 06:21 AM, said:

The OP never came back and probably never intended to. Thus, I am left with no other choice:

Posted Image

Hey! I've only been gone for 24 hours - other people do have a life outside of the MWO fourms you know!

#67 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:06 AM

It's posts like this that have poisoned the well when it comes to any discussion on Clan/IS balance.

#68 Mortalcoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:05 AM

View PostLupis Volk, on 16 May 2018 - 01:06 AM, said:

It's posts like this that have poisoned the well when it comes to any discussion on Clan/IS balance.

Do you think the well might have been poisoned when every single Clan nerf, no matter how small, was removed from the patch, while every IS nerf went through, including buggy armor distribution nerfs that seem to be breaking mech chassis in mech lab.

Edited by Mortalcoil, 16 May 2018 - 10:08 AM.

#69 Seranov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:32 AM

View PostMortalcoil, on 16 May 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

Do you think the well might have been poisoned when every single Clan nerf, no matter how small, was removed from the patch, while every IS nerf went through, including buggy armor distribution nerfs that seem to be breaking mech chassis in mech lab.

Those are, once they are working properly, actually buffs. The fact that PGI is trying anything like this with their tenuous grasp of the garbage engine that is Cryengine is a sign that they actually want to make things better, regardless of how possible that might be.

Honestly, they should just drop everything and focus on moving to Unreal, so that they can actually hire folks who can work with code to make the game better, as opposed to mostly doing damage control and the occasional XML edit. The game is in a reasonably balanced state right now, and it'd be fine to dedicate a few months to get the game to a state where they can make real, meaningful changes to it.

#70 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:23 AM

Whatever else you can say about the laser nerf, as proposed it was “ham-handed”....yes, it reigned in some builds that were probably a bit too strong (for their weight particularly), but it also took more than a few hardpoint (and/or tonnage) poor mechs down with it.

#71 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:28 AM

View PostLupis Volk, on 16 May 2018 - 01:06 AM, said:

It's the clanboi hyperbole that's the really off-putting thing on this forum

#72 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:36 AM

Homie, don't pay attention to the avatars. That **** is just for FP.

A lot of the people arguing against this are die-hard IS players. Or people like me that own an equal number of both.

Damn near no one is advocating against a nerf to clan laser vomit, but we're all very against how ham handed and stupid this ghost heat nerf was going to be.

Ask just about anyone arguing against it, we'd all be totally okay with a damage nerf to HLL and CERML.

The nerf doesn't even address the current clan meta of Gauss+Lasers to Flavor.

#73 Luminis

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:44 AM

View PostDogstar, on 16 May 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

It's the clanboi hyperbole that's the really off-putting thing on this forum

You want me to quote some of the IS hyperbole we had recently? Because, if one was to take that stuff seriously, one would be led to believe that Gargoyles and Executioners eat Annihilators for breakfast.

#74 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:48 AM

View PostLuminis, on 16 May 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

Gargoyles and Executioners eat Annihilators for breakfast.

going to disagree... but if you can get an EXE close enough to an ANH you can scoot right behind it with MASC and game over that sucker.

Mr. Gargles on the other hand... I feel sorry for it.

Edited by Prototelis, 16 May 2018 - 08:18 PM.

#75 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:57 AM

This really shouldn't be a partisan issue. Yeah, the Clan laser game is probably too strong and needs to be toned down. No, ghost heat band aids are not the way to do it.

#76 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:40 PM

View PostMortalcoil, on 16 May 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

Do you ever say anything true?

I don't remember the huge UAC nerf being removed from any patch. I don't remember all the mobility nerfs to the Night Gyr, Marauder IIC, Kodiak, and various other clan mechs being removed from a patch. I don't remember Clan ERPPCs nerfs being removed, I don't remember CLPL nerfs being removed, I don't remember the CSPL nerf being removed. How about clan machine guns the patch before last, or the removal of extra armor quirks from the highlander IIC-C, or the nerfs to the Shadow Cat, or clan equipment health nerfs, or the CXL penalties on side loss nerf, or the SRM and LRM spread nerfs, or the UAC heat gen nerfs, or the skill tree values nerf, or the old negative quirks still on the Timber Wolf.

But yet you're OH SO ANGRY over a nerf that would just put the nail in the coffin for Clans getting removed. wewlad

#77 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 16 May 2018 - 04:55 PM

View PostChampion of Khorne Lord of Blood, on 16 May 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

His post said this patch, nothing about past patches..... reading comprehension can be your friend.

#78 Wil McCullough

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:01 PM

I don't remember the huge UAC nerf being removed from any patch. I don't remember all the mobility nerfs to the Night Gyr, Marauder IIC, Kodiak, and various other clan mechs being removed from a patch. I don't remember Clan ERPPCs nerfs being removed, I don't remember CLPL nerfs being removed, I don't remember the CSPL nerf being removed. How about clan machine guns the patch before last, or the removal of extra armor quirks from the highlander IIC-C, or the nerfs to the Shadow Cat, or clan equipment health nerfs, or the CXL penalties on side loss nerf, or the SRM and LRM spread nerfs, or the UAC heat gen nerfs, or the skill tree values nerf, or the old negative quirks still on the Timber Wolf.

But yet you're OH SO ANGRY over a nerf that would just put the nail in the coffin for Clans getting removed. wewlad

If he was around at the pulse laser nerfs, he would know that clan pilots thought the cspl nerf was a little heavy handed, but were more concerned that the is spl got nerfed as well for no reason.

But gotta stick it ti whitey i guess.

Seems some of the more vocal is players like to screw themselves harder if it allows them to screw clanners.

#79 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:34 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 14 May 2018 - 09:13 PM, said:

Oh, don't be ridiculous. There's no point. As the last two years have over and over again shown, PGI could not possibly care less what IS player think.

My friend I like you very much. When IS if I see you online, you are an auto invite.

Personally though I don't think PGI are clanners that created a game to get over on IS folks. They care about their business.

#80 Mortalcoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:09 PM

I was referring exclusively to this patch, boyo. Are you implying that I thought literally every single clan nerf ever was removed? Use your brain.

This patch...

This patch

Edited by Mortalcoil, 16 May 2018 - 07:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users