Matcmaking Is Broken For Faction Play

65 replies to this topic

#21 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:13 AM

What I don't get is why someone would objective rush vs pugs.

Sometimes we'll do a mercy kill and just finish objective rather than farm to 48 but that's usually when it's like 8-30.

#22 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:34 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 May 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

Sometimes we'll do a mercy kill and just finish objective rather than farm to 48 but that's usually when it's like 8-30.

Gotta practice gen rushing vs pugs so you're good enough to gen rush when you play BCMC, EVIL, KCOM, etc.

#23 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:36 AM

Have to take your pick, listen to them complain about an objective rush or getting clubbed.

Get an Attack over to make money on Defense.

Get the match over in hope for a real opponent.

Just a few things off top of head heard while in TS.

They are going to loose, why make it painful for them? Better for them to hope for a peek a boo opponent next drop vs playing against a team playing CW.

#24 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:18 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 17 May 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

They are going to loose, why make it painful for them? Better for them to hope for a peek a boo opponent next drop vs playing against a team playing CW.

I've been on the losing side as a PUG before, against a 12 man unit. I'd rather fight it out with all 4 of my mechs, than to be gen rushed and just lose immediately. Sure, we'll lose. But I will make significantly more loyalty points / c-bills if I'm allowed to fight until the end. Even with the worst team ever, I can usually eek out ~700,000 c-bills and ~650-750 loyalty points. Better than nothing.

#25 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:41 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 17 May 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

Gotta practice gen rushing vs pugs so you're good enough to gen rush when you play BCMC, EVIL, KCOM, etc.

Kcom is great at gen rushing.

They did it to a group of us on Boreal and some of the guys I was with were mad about it. On one hand they had the only group going that was an actual threat, so we really wanted to fight it out with them.

On the other hand though the map is cancer, and sitting and trading long range, especially when teams are close in skill, is very boring.

That and gen rushing on siege maps is legit, like it or not, and my opinion is that it is the defenders fault if it happens because it is totally defensible. If my group had not gone full ham on long range mechs and brought two dps/mid range mechs, we would have stopped it.

In fact I actually think I wouldn't even call what Kcom does as gen rushing. They leveraged objectives and the difference is that they fought very well and covered guys shooting the gens.

The folks that ignore enemy mechs and completely focus objectives are silly. Outside of Incursion this is not very effective against people I play with.

#26 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:44 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 17 May 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

That makes no sence.. Why wouldn't you want to shoot at those guys?

#27 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:07 AM

View Postneofightr, on 13 May 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

just finished the fastest faction match I have ever seen, less than 3 minutes.
A very organized single clan unit of 12, all in a single type mech proceeded to sprint to our based and wipe it out in under 3 minutes.
Matchmaking in FP is done on a first-come-first-served basis.
As Fuerchtenichts pointed out, when you first go to Faction Warfare you get a full-screen warning that tells you "tryhard zone, here be dragons" in no uncertain terms. You don't go to FP to derp around, you go there to step up your game and validate your badass cred.

View Postneofightr, on 13 May 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

I am ok with that provided QP allowed for 4 mech drop sessions else not interested in a unit right now. Only appeal for FP for me is the 4 mech drops.
You seem to suffer from a rather common misconception: that you need to be member of a unit to drop with a premade.

Nothing further from the truth - premades are all too happy to get another player filling one of their free slots, since the fact you came to them indicates you're showing more willingness to communicate than a typical pug (and pugs in FP can be terribad). Drop by one of the TeamSpeak hubs ( personally I hang out on ts3.hhod.com:7345 ), find a group that's dropping at the time and ask if they'd be willing to take you on.
Of course, do remember that units may have other activities (inter/intra-unit tournaments, competitive teams, training) that's members-only.

Edited by Horseman, 18 May 2018 - 02:08 AM.

#28 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:44 AM

View Postneofightr, on 13 May 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

just finished the fastest faction match I have ever seen, less than 3 minutes.

A very organized single clan unit of 12, all in a single type mech proceeded to sprint to our based and wipe it out in under 3 minutes.

The devs need to monitor faction match stats to see if this could be a problem for their matchmaking formulas.

Thankfully the next match was more worth it for the random group. We only lost by 24 mechs.
Can't believe there isn't another large opposing unit in que to match up to this clan unit.

Self solve the problem. It's not up to pgi to sort YOUR issue out. Join a unit, play socially and enjoy some teamwork.

#29 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:25 AM

We did yesterday. After 4 times Conquest in a row (2x on River City...) we got Incursion on River City.

Everyone on TS was not amused and we decided to end this quick this time. Here you have a reason why some groups doing this Posted Image

Edit:
And like Eisenhorne said: We are recruiting for example (OSOS - Resistance is futile o7) and often we have fresh players on ts and in our unit....

I guess you guys don't know, but the majority of our unit is WAY more older than 30 years! We have guys who are 55, 60 years old (and you know their names perhaps because they play daily Posted Image - most of our unit is between 40-60 years.

So dudes, we OSOS often get flamed when we do objectives (actually we are doing this rarely), but wee are old guys with jobs and families and for that we are very happy to show some young lads how the older ones shoot your mechs Posted Image

So, yes we train objectives because we take everyone with us who is nice...thats not over quality and we have to train basics often.

Edited by Bishop Six, 19 May 2018 - 12:32 AM.

#30 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:23 PM

View PostBishop Six, on 19 May 2018 - 12:25 AM, said:

We did yesterday. After 4 times Conquest in a row (2x on River City...) we got Incursion on River City.

Everyone on TS was not amused and we decided to end this quick this time. Here you have a reason why some groups doing this Posted Image

Edit:
And like Eisenhorne said: We are recruiting for example (OSOS - Resistance is futile o7) and often we have fresh players on ts and in our unit....

I guess you guys don't know, but the majority of our unit is WAY more older than 30 years! We have guys who are 55, 60 years old (and you know their names perhaps because they play daily Posted Image - most of our unit is between 40-60 years.

So dudes, we OSOS often get flamed when we do objectives (actually we are doing this rarely), but wee are old guys with jobs and families and for that we are very happy to show some young lads how the older ones shoot your mechs Posted Image

So, yes we train objectives because we take everyone with us who is nice...thats not over quality and we have to train basics often.

BCMC's average age is probably 38.

Oh and then there is this...
https://youtu.be/RRJGgN0iM2E

#31 Jaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:32 PM

View Posttker 669, on 19 May 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

How dare you assume my age! I'll have you know I identify as a 65 year old in the ego integrity versus despair stage of my life.

Edited by Jaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain, 19 May 2018 - 07:16 PM.

#32 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

Posted Image

#33 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:39 PM

View PostJaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain, on 19 May 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

How are you assume my age! I'll have you know I identify as a 65 year old in the ego integrity versus despair stage of my life.

Point is that we are old....most people will not even understand to what stage you are referring.

#34 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:42 PM

View Posttker 669, on 19 May 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

Point is that we are old....most people will not even understand to what stage you are referring.

Listen here grasshopper.../where did that cane go to... grrr.. where is the restroom now!!!???

#35 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:44 PM

View PostBishop Six, on 14 May 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

That's clear: Take the blue pill and say everyone else is cheating!

Might it be a blue pill shaped as a fist? :P

#36 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:37 PM

Definitely my taste of music! :)

#37 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:04 PM

View PostBishop Six, on 19 May 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

Definitely my taste of music! Posted Image

Yeah that is one of our hip young whipper snappers though.

The rest of us blast swing on our gramophones.

Still amazed though at how when I push the buttons on this big flat thing, I can control some of the stuff running around inside the TV.

Sorry gotta go, nurse here with my meds.

#38 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:09 PM

Yeah...and we are sitting in our suits with monocle and ties and we make formally congratulations each other:

"Dear Sir, that was a bloody good Shot!"

"Huh, what? Can you speak up?!"

Edited by Bishop Six, 19 May 2018 - 11:10 PM.

#39 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:08 PM

I was in a drop last night where we actively chose not to farm the dropzone so as not to scare people off playing FP entirely...

#40 Positive Mental Attitude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWAYup

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:53 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 20 May 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

I was in a drop last night where we actively chose not to farm the dropzone so as not to scare people off playing FP entirely...
10 minutes waiting for match, 5 mins waiting for it to start. 3 mins per mission in game.

#Edit

efficient

Edited by Positive Mental Attitude, 21 May 2018 - 08:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users