Double Xp Event, Double Xp Conversion And Conversion Rewards!

49 replies to this topic

#21 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:41 PM

Thanks for this event. My brand new Warhawk and Nova Cat each with 4ERPPCs really needed the exp because the are way too hot to be viable. This will make the grind less painful.

#22 Leidulfr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:44 PM

View PostOrion ji, on 25 May 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

shouldn't the amounts be switched? It shouldn't be more expensive per MC, it should be less.Posted Image

You're seeing it wrong... For spending 1 MC during this time, you get to convert 50 XP, whereas normally, you would only get to convert 25 XP for that same 1 MC.

#23 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:17 PM

Really do have to laugh.

....My Xp isn't tracking correctly.

For example the last game i was in i supposedly got 2k xp went to add skill points to a mech to find i had no xp spare???!!!-Must of had something to do with the game freezing as it tried to load back into the mechlab

Quality PGI {LT-MOB-25} up as usual SNAFU.

Edited by mad kat, 25 May 2018 - 02:17 PM.

#24 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:45 PM

I kinda had a feeling there would be a nice event for the weekend . Thanks PGI . Hmm what mech to max out ...

#25 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:26 PM

I do appreciate this. But how exactly is this an event? No goals to reach or missions to do?

#26 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:24 PM

View PostRipper X, on 25 May 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

I do appreciate this. But how exactly is this an event? No goals to reach or missions to do?

event
noun
something that happens or is regarded as happening; an occurrence, especially one of some importance.

#27 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:15 PM

C-bill event soon??? Asking cause I am enjoying these missions, its nice to have something to work towards when you log in. Im hoping for a month long mission. Been playing mwo alot lately. Bruno

#28 Arkama

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:12 PM

What's even the point of this event? To get people to waste their hard earned MCs so they are forced to spend real money?

#29 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:03 PM

double xp, i'm always ken for double, especially after a sale and a free mech

#30 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:55 PM

View PostRipper X, on 25 May 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

...how exactly is this an event? No goals to reach or missions to do?

Your goal is to spend $100 converting XP.

You can see your progress on the little circular wheel.

Have A GREAT TIME!

#31 TechChris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Midwest, I think??? Dang "Drinkin Man's" Shooter bad for my memory! ^_^

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:25 PM

Well I'll be darned......

First ya threw out a nice mech sale....

Then people requested/mentioned/gently complained for a mech bay sale, and low n behold you threw that in too....

Then ya gave us some more mech sales....

Then people requested/mentioned/gently complained about needing to XP all these new mechs they had gotten, and holy heck ya threw that out too!

Well done PGI!!!

I seriously hope ya guys didn't pull anything or have any serious side effects, we all know listening to your players or keeping up on the forums n other such things is not your forte, but this was a nice turn of events, well done.

#32 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:33 AM

The conversion is a joke.

You need like 20.000 MC to convert a million of xp you have to earn first with other mechs.
If you have such amounts of XP on your mechs, you will earn it in no time by playing. Got around 15 points for just on match...

Maybe you should get away from the idea of the rich super noob to something what pays off for the regular player. When did you evaluate your prices / customers the last time ?

Edited by Quandoo, 26 May 2018 - 03:41 AM.

#33 dominikabra

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:07 AM

Thanks for listening to the feedback and bringing in a double xp event!

I think the conversion bonuses are just that, bonuses. Not needed or required, just an extra incentive for doing it. I understand PGI has to make a living. Converting those XP points without the bonus would give just the conversion with no added benefit, so I'd start thanks for that.

#34 Arthur SIlverlake

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 05:53 AM

Does anyone think that the Conversion Rewards are not worth it?

with the conversion of 50 Xp for 1 MC, to hit the Max reward that would in turn equal 20,000 MC. that is almost the 100 Dollar Price tag of MC.

People who can make it either have to do the 100 bucks , or got lucky with the loot events and haven't spent it over a year and a half., (even then atleast for me with my luck I only hit about 8000 Free MC)

#35 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 26 May 2018 - 07:42 AM

Ahahahaha.

No.

#36 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:58 AM

View PostArthur SIlverlake, on 26 May 2018 - 05:53 AM, said:

Does anyone think that the Conversion Rewards are not worth it?

with the conversion of 50 Xp for 1 MC, to hit the Max reward that would in turn equal 20,000 MC. that is almost the 100 Dollar Price tag of MC.

People who can make it either have to do the 100 bucks , or got lucky with the loot events and haven't spent it over a year and a half., (even then atleast for me with my luck I only hit about 8000 Free MC)

Never got lucky with MC in loot bags. I need MC to skill about 4 Clan Mechs/Omnimechs.

#37 ArdvarkX

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:41 PM

the comments are comical

#38 ADI84000

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:12 PM

looking at that half nova image made me sad , 3 medium lasers one hand 3 medium lasers other hand.... when it should be 6 medium lasers in each hand or even 6 mediums and 6 small lasers, but heat and cooldown for these lasers where nerfed so much that they are not viable in the nova .... small pulse.... well that was super nerfed to.... and yet the nova did not get anything considering all the weapons it uses was nerfed... really bad ....atleast bring small pulse lasers to 5 damage... and er small cooldown and heat how it was before..... no one uses er smalls at all since that nerf... or small pulse... so sad...poor nova...

#39 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:43 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 25 May 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 25 May 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

ATTENTION PGI --- The indicator for "Time Left" is NOT displaying properly. Can someone PLEASE put a Fix on that? Posted Image

~D. V. "It's glaring at me... Augh!" Devnull

Sorry for the delay, but I just got the chance to catch up. Thank You for fixing the "Time Left" Indicator, PGI. Particularly anyone handling Events (e.g. Matt Newman & Tina Benoit, as well as anyone else I'm unaware of)... :)

~D. V. "It's all good here!" Devnull

#40 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 03:00 AM

Earning double XP in game is great, the game should always be like this (or even better).

As others have pointed out, for 20,000 MC we can convert 1,000,000 XP, however to convert that much XP into usable skill points would cost 56,250,000 C-bills. The event rewards total 11,000,000 C-bills.

If one were to whale for the extra 45,250,000 C-bills required to use the XP it would cost 28,000 MC (7*6.5m C-bill bundles at 4000MC each)

That's a grand total of 48,000 MC, which can be bought for $199.90 USD.

For this you get 1,250 skill points, enough to master 13 mechs (with 67 skill points left over).

That works out to $15.37 per mech.

To master just one mech would cost 1,456 MC in XP conversion. Plus 3200 MC for the C-bills to turn the XP into usable skill points. So mastering one mech would cost 4,656 MC which can be bought for $29.95 USD

Skill points shouldn't cost C-bills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users