Quick Play And 8V8

831 replies to this topic

Poll: Quick Play and 8v8 (4169 member(s) have cast votes)

Should MWO:S7 switch Quick Play to 8v8

1. Yes (1985 votes [47.61%])

Percentage of vote: 47.61%

2. No (2011 votes [48.24%])

Percentage of vote: 48.24%

3. Maybe - Let me explain in the thread. (173 votes [4.15%])

Percentage of vote: 4.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#701 Cizjut

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:24 PM

Even with certain, tiny drawbacks it would be the best gamemode.

Just do it, place a beta queue for it, see what sticks and what doesnt. Other awful gamemodes have been added, why not try it at least.

In advance, it will stick. Its so obvious that the 12v12 game is stale and should be played only for Conquest mode, where splitting matters. Any other awful gamemode is blobbing and popping people. 8v8 on the other hand makes Dominion interesting at least, even MVP could make a comeback if one player gets the designated role

DO IT. DO IT NOW DAMMIT

#702 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 07:03 AM

PGI, please no, please dont kill the game

#703 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 05 May 2019 - 08:55 AM

View PostRakia Time, on 05 May 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:

PGI, please no, please dont kill the game

The original thread was from June 2018...atm PGI does not have the ability to switched number of pilots per pilot. I would go for switching up from 12vs12 to 10vs10 , IS formation and Clan formation but it is not going to happen.

#704 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:41 PM

How ami going to score 500 with 1000 damage if it's only 8v8?!

#705 eishiba

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 05:04 PM

I vote no. Th reason I like qp is because of 12 vs 12. That's alot of players. It's just fun. If they are going to do it then make it an option. But if they are going to make an alternate qp then add to the game and make something far different and better such as... Take the 24 players and pit them all against each other in. Every man... Or mech... For himself! Now that would be a challenge.

#706 siskokidd

Rookie

• The Warlord
  • The Warlord
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:44 PM

please try this in a PTS as it would make for more dynamic games and better teamwork. also it would make the 12 v 12 in faction more appealing if 12v12 QP ended up being taken out entirely. another benefit is better matchmaker options during peak hours and faster queue times during slower hours.

#707 colt

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:56 AM

8v8 NO. It would kill game play in the long run. What if there multiple disconnect? I don't see bots showing up.

If wheels are coming off the cart MWO wise, i would suggest make bots at this point to fill in if the community is that small now.

#708 Gofer

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:33 AM

I'd really like the PGI team to stop looking for ways to try and create artificial buzz within the game that lacks original source support. 12v12 / 8v8.... just more of the same.

Change it up with a straight up Clan v IS drop using the 10 on 12 ratios common within lore.

Don't whine about "not fair"; the PGI team has made the Clan mechs and weapons systems more robust than IS ones right out of the box since inception.. regardless of how much they try to disprove it the IS does NOT have an abundance of ECM+JJ+ALLtheWEAPONslots configurations that the Clans enjoy. They do not. At all. And the Light engine is NOT a fair compensation for the integral and unexploding power plants driving Clan mechs.... Accept it. Embrace it... and configure the match making system to read the IS/Clan designation and stack up accordingly.

Allow us to continue using the maps as available - they are fine... perhaps remove the skirmish option so that the game win condition will not allow a mech hiding to protect some KDR during this format. I

In all ways, this should be an IS / Clan Bar fight where the best pilots try to prove that their side has what it takes...

Consider this option, perhaps, Heritage Hard Mode and let the mechs fall where they may.

my 2 cents

Cmdr I. M. Gofer
Annihalus Irregulars

#709 GoatHILL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 399 posts
  • LocationA dark corner

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:21 PM

I'm very much against 8v8.

But if they were to do it now after Russ's latest updated it would kill in positive hopes for MWO's future.

#710 BayouDeputy

Rookie

• The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:56 PM

Something that I have been thinking about for some time now. With there being a diminished played base, why not do away with the difference in the queues. Instead of there being a Solo Queue and a Group Queue why not make it so that everyone is put into the same queue regardless of tier and/or if they are solo or in a group. In order to keep it fair for those who are solo instead of grouped up, keep the current tonnage restrictions when in a group to keep from having a 10 - 12 pilot premade team of nothing but assaults.

#711 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:32 AM

View PostBayouDeputy, on 06 June 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

Something that I have been thinking about for some time now. With there being a diminished played base, why not do away with the difference in the queues. Instead of there being a Solo Queue and a Group Queue why not make it so that everyone is put into the same queue regardless of tier and/or if they are solo or in a group. In order to keep it fair for those who are solo instead of grouped up, keep the current tonnage restrictions when in a group to keep from having a 10 - 12 pilot premade team of nothing but assaults.

It's worth a try.. would be nice to be able to drop with a friend in qp without worrying about not finding a match.. if it turns out to be a disaster, they can limit the group size to a max of 4.

#712 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:00 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 07 June 2019 - 04:32 AM, said:

It's worth a try.. would be nice to be able to drop with a friend in qp without worrying about not finding a match.. if it turns out to be a disaster, they can limit the group size to a max of 4.

Except they've already done that. And it led to half the player population leaving the game due to not wanting to pick which friends they want to drop with and which they don't. If you want to kill what is left of actual units in game, then sure, go ahead.

#713 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:08 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 13 June 2019 - 05:00 AM, said:

Except they've already done that. And it led to half the player population leaving the game due to not wanting to pick which friends they want to drop with and which they don't. If you want to kill what is left of actual units in game, then sure, go ahead.

If you think that's why the population left... you're not seeing the forest for the trees..

#714 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:32 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 13 June 2019 - 06:08 AM, said:

If you think that's why the population left... you're not seeing the forest for the trees..

I know for a fact that half of my unit left because of THAT exactly, but hey, you can see whatever forests you want tbh, not like it matters anymore.

#715 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:23 AM

I still believe that MWO was better when it was 8v8, the game was much less about which team is able to "deathball" more effectively back then. Also people are constantly unhappy with how the matchmaker currently works, so if Quick play went back to 8v8, then there would be more players in the queue so low-tiers would not get matched against high-tiers as much.

Edited by Ed Steele, 13 June 2019 - 11:24 AM.

#716 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:26 AM

View PostKaptain, on 23 November 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

As someone who played since close beta I am %110 for 8v8.

Quicker match making
Better match making (less Tier spread)
Less guns on the field
More freedom of movement
Easier to keep track of enemies
Easier to communicate with your team
Easier to organize 7 strangers vs 11
Better game performance (FPS)

Playing the 4x4 test server games always makes me miss the 8v8 days.

All that said we need an actual ranking system.

As a fellow closed-beta player, I can attest that all of this is accurate. And don't forget that the game would run better on lower-end computers because there are 8 less mechs for your computer to keep track of and render.

Edited by Ed Steele, 13 June 2019 - 11:28 AM.

#717 Colonel Wolfe

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:49 AM

I think 8v8 is a great idea.

#718 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:07 PM

I do, too. It's too bad the poll is almost exactly split between the two options.

The reason I like 8v8 is because it makes matchmaking a little easier, with mistakes being less punishing. I'd like quickplay to be 8v8, with team play and Faction Warfare 12v12. That way you get a slightly different game experience with more difficulty in the more competitive arenas.

#719 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:22 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 18 June 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

I do, too. It's too bad the poll is almost exactly split between the two options.

The reason I like 8v8 is because it makes matchmaking a little easier, with mistakes being less punishing. I'd like quickplay to be 8v8, with team play and Faction Warfare 12v12. That way you get a slightly different game experience with more difficulty in the more competitive arenas.

You can watch videos on Youtube of MWO from before they changed it to 12 V 12. I like 12 V 12 in Faction Play, but 8 V 8 was better for Quick Play.

#720 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:15 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 18 June 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

You can watch videos on Youtube of MWO from before they changed it to 12 V 12. I like 12 V 12 in Faction Play, but 8 V 8 was better for Quick Play.

I would like PGI to allow both, or have a switch that would allow the game to run 8vs8, 10vs10, 12vs12, run each for 2-3 weeks, at least 2 cycles each. 8vs8, a majority of the time allowed a max 4-man while 10vs10 pays homage to Clans with 2 Stars each.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users