#22 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:24 AM

View PostAnunaki, on 03 June 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

I have not played in a few weeks due to life. I tried this weekend and came back to zero in que on every division!? That sucks. I liked this mode and now it's already dead even on a weekend? Good grief..... Guess I have to strip down all my solaris builds and ignore mechs that suck in regular que.

Not surprising for a few reasons.

1. PGI created 7 divisions. This was insane. Aside from telling everybody which mechs they think suck the worst, dividing it up that much meant that it needed more pilots to operate at all, further straining the already low player population. It seems that 4 divisions like Solaris 7 from MW4 was too difficult to do.

2. There is no FFA (Free-for-All). What we wanted the most out of Solaris was a FFA!

3. It is not what we remember. Apparently, just a simple copy-and-paste from MW4 (that was released 15 years ago, btw) that we all know and love Solaris 7 from was far too difficult for PGI to figure out.

Conclusion: It can easily be fixed by:

1. Reforming it into 4 divisions (light, medium, heavy and assault). Real simple, right?

2. Giving us a FFA mode--with bigger full-assed unique maps that are not half mini-maps that are cloned to make the other half--that would start when either enough people sign up or time runs out, in which case it starts with however many players that are signed up at the time, thus making it a bit more interesting.

3. Just give us what we remember. That is what we always wanted. Simple as that.

Only PGI, Disney and the government can take something great that many know and love and utterly destroy it.

Edited by Jep Jorgensson, 20 June 2018 - 09:30 AM.

#23 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 995 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:31 PM

I was thinking that Solaris was going to be visible to anyone that wanted to watch it, like a stream.

I also thought you would be able to challenge individuals and not only blind drops.

I believe broken builds have made players quit after being smashed, not by skill, but via leggers and Flea machine gun build.
Sponsors: I thought there would be sponsors for all levels of player

Solutions? If you use full leg armor, double leg armor. If you destroy mech by dual legging it is a tie.

Sponsors: Maybe Tidy Bowl for really bad win rates, with same bolt ons. And elite players having elite stuff

#24 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 995 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:25 PM

ALSO!!!!!!
There are no reasons....besides technical..... We shouldn't be able to talk with enemy pilot!!!
with the right to mute...
I may use bagpipesPosted Image

Edited by plodder, 18 July 2018 - 09:15 PM.

#25 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:41 AM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 20 June 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

Not surprising for a few reasons.

1. PGI created 7 divisions. This was insane. Aside from telling everybody which mechs they think suck the worst, dividing it up that much meant that it needed more pilots to operate at all, further straining the already low player population. It seems that 4 divisions like Solaris 7 from MW4 was too difficult to do.

2. There is no FFA (Free-for-All). What we wanted the most out of Solaris was a FFA!

3. It is not what we remember. Apparently, just a simple copy-and-paste from MW4 (that was released 15 years ago, btw) that we all know and love Solaris 7 from was far too difficult for PGI to figure out.

Conclusion: It can easily be fixed by:

1. Reforming it into 4 divisions (light, medium, heavy and assault). Real simple, right?

2. Giving us a FFA mode--with bigger full-assed unique maps that are not half mini-maps that are cloned to make the other half--that would start when either enough people sign up or time runs out, in which case it starts with however many players that are signed up at the time, thus making it a bit more interesting.

3. Just give us what we remember. That is what we always wanted. Simple as that.

Only PGI, Disney and the government can take something great that many know and love and utterly destroy it.

Totally agree.
BTW: ARE there matches to watch? I haven't tried lately, but before, it was just plain empty as a.. I don't know .. desert Posted Image

Edited by Gartenlaube, 25 June 2018 - 02:41 AM.

#26 Old-dirty B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:04 AM

Just queue up and you will get a match quite quick, most people are just checking the queue and counter and are basically waiting for others to do so... if we all are waiting nothing will happen.

#27 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:00 PM

View PostGartenlaube, on 25 June 2018 - 02:41 AM, said:

Totally agree.
BTW: ARE there matches to watch? I haven't tried lately, but before, it was just plain empty as a.. I don't know .. desert Posted Image

Because there are HUGE variance of mech power inside weight classes. But i agreee there shouldnt be a mix more than 1 level between weight classes. Light lights/meds and etc.

#28 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:21 AM

there was a commando tdk in top 10 of its origional division before it got moved DOWN a division, good light pilots can kill assaults.

#29 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:07 AM

View PostGartenlaube, on 25 June 2018 - 02:41 AM, said:

Totally agree.

I have never seen an option to spectate a match. It has been pretty sparse lately. Events keep it that way too. I want to see more Solaris and more options.

#30 G a i s u t o

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:23 AM

no bought mechs to play 1vs1 in massiv multi player game, what is Solaris good for units? Useless game mode as last resort cause MWO no have players cause good game modes got abondkanded like FP and even quick is boring as hell, just one new broken map (Solaris City). Looks like from game 20 years ago, it is crap...

#31 Ranger Aodhan

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:25 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 18 June 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

Not having a QP event 1st weekend of solaris would have helped. Having people play 10 games for initial ssr placememt of 1200 1500 or 1800 would have helped.

Having a solaris event next month will help.

Solaris is not dead. As long as you are willing to be the one sitting in queues not looking for someone else queueing i get a game every 6 mins at worst IN THE QUIET hours. I will admit they are not always close matches but Merata Kell and I have been having some good back and 4ths and he is playing mechs no one else does. The meta is not as small as you think.

Not having a QP event 1st weekend of solaris would have helped. Having people play 10 games for initial ssr placememt of 1300 1500 or 1700 would have helped.

Having a solaris event next month will help.

Solaris is not dead. As long as you are willing to be the one sitting in queues not looking for someone else queueing i get a game every 6 mins at worst IN THE QUIET hours. I will admit they are not always close matches but Merata Kell and I have been having some good back and 4ths and he is playing mechs no one else does. The meta is not as small as you think.

I agree with you on the event thing. They really need an event for solaris. I'm ok waiting in the queues for a while, but not if the only person I play is going to beat me every time. matches of equal skill are much more fun.

#32 JetPirate

• Pip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:16 AM

Okay, im done. +3/-29. King crabs and anh ac2ac2ac2ac2ac2ac2ac2ac2ac2ac2 builds. Stupid matches when you all match tryin catch light mek and getting tie(lose). I just played my last solaris match in this game. No more.

#33 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:45 AM

I did not play it for the last 2 months. Stopped when they changed the timer to 3 min, changed all my builds back for QP. The 2 min timer still way too annoying. The event with the 17th patch got me in again.

Still annoying as hell to wait for 2 min to finally perhaps getting no game, people still not queuing and just hopping in 30 secs before the timer runs out when there are alredy people waiting. So i still think 1 min timer would be much better.

BUT

I had a lot of fun playing it today. had a bad start with getting stomped by some AC 2 3 Large Pulse KC when i was in my roughneck. Another match where I stomped some newbie. But then the good and interesting games where coming and the gameplay was very balanced i must say.

Also the possibility to save builds helps A LOT, so thank you for that.

Having most fun in division 6 and 7 with my uziel and centurion atm.

#34 Fae Puka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:17 AM

Yes, it is dead - somebody took a big stick and hit it repeatedly on the head until it didn't move anymore . . . . oh wait, wasn't that predicted when folk pointed out it would be for Try-hards and within a few days would drop down to just one or two Sol 7 Meta Mechs per division?

Well done to PGI and the "Try-hards" for fulfilling our prophesies. Posted Image

#35 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:38 AM

Don't blame the try hards... The problem is just that it's kinda boring, and you're only able to queue up for one division at a time. If you could queue up for say, all 7 divisions at once, and it picks the best matches out of all available opponents in all available divisions, then it would have been a lot more fun, and easier to get fair matches.

#36 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:38 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 15 July 2018 - 08:38 AM, said:

Don't blame the try hards... The problem is just that it's kinda boring, and you're only able to queue up for one division at a time. If you could queue up for say, all 7 divisions at once, and it picks the best matches out of all available opponents in all available divisions, then it would have been a lot more fun, and easier to get fair matches.

Actually, select what divisions you want to participate in then selects your mech for each division, considering the number of queues there are simply in Solaris.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 15 July 2018 - 09:39 AM.

#37 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:18 AM

They need to axe AC/5 boating in Solaris the same way they axed death stars. At least the Inner Sphere slug guns, since Clans have to use something with spread.

Edited by SmokedJag, 15 July 2018 - 10:27 AM.

#38 Dartangan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 104 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:29 AM

1. Solaris isn't dead, I get constant matches anytime of day.

2. For some of us it's just what we wanted, but we're too busy killing folks in there to comment in here. I just stumbled upon this post, but as an active Solaris player, I think they did a great job with Season 1.

3. Granted, there's things they could do better:

* FFA? no thanks, isn't that what quick play is? lol
* The divisions are fine, I'd just not like to see any adjustments DURING the Season. Which leads me to my final point:
* 1 month seasons, not 3.... You'll see a lot more activity that way too.

...and if we're granting wishes, an LFG function for Solaris 2v2's.

-Dart

#39 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:32 PM

View PostDartangan, on 16 July 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

* FFA? no thanks, isn't that what quick play is?

No, it is not. Quick play is team deathmatch, while FFA is deathmatch with no teams at all, every mech for itself. For lore explanation see http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Grand_Melee

#40 Dartangan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 104 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:02 PM

I know what it is, and we've actually simulated one as best we could before private lobbies when we still had a 500 member active playerbase and we didn't have time sync-dropping to have a single elimination tournament (4 divisions L-M-H-A) with everyone who wanted to play... So, the unsponsored pilots participated in one of those, we lined everyone up along the lip of the crater in caustic and whoever won that got a wild card into the tournament. (we did this 2 years in a row, with commentators, etc, before PGI finally had an official "launch").

From my perspective, that took a lot more luck than any mode I've seen in this game thus far... Well, the guys everyone thought were good didn't have a chance... While interesting, no thanks. You wanna do that, there's private lobbies now for those shenanigans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users