Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:15 AM

June 5th Mech Release!

Hellspawn for C-Bills

HELLSPAWN HSN-7D 7,418,649 C-Bills

HELLSPAWN HSN-8E 7,758,769 C-Bills

HELLSPAWN HSN-9F 6,943,721 C-Bills

HELLSPAWN HSN-7P 7,173,269 C-Bills

HELLSPAWN HSN-8P 6,974,769 C-Bills

ALSO, HellSpawn Camo Pattern Unlocks 50% off until June 10th 2018, 00:00 UTC!

Piranha for MC

PIRANHA PIR-1 1,490 MC

PIRANHA PIR-2 1,590 MC

PIRANHA PIR-3 1,575 MC

PIRANHA PIR-A 1,705 MC

PIRANHA PIR-B 1,515 MC

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:19 AM

MG nerf in

#3 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:34 AM

Hellspawn getting any other quirks? Seems a bit barren.

#4 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:37 AM

July will be Piranhageddon.

#5 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:41 AM

View PostMikayshen, on 05 June 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

July will be Piranhageddon.

Behold the CP-10-Q "Kingfisher". Notice the perfectly balanced front and rear armor.

I bet it could solo 2-3 Piranhas at once.

Edited by Eisenhorne, 05 June 2018 - 10:41 AM.

#6 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:57 AM

Here is what to expect for the C-bill releases of these mechs:
July - Piranha
August - Black Lanner
September - Sun Spider
October -Fafnir
November - Blood Asp
December - Flea

#7 Ery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:17 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 05 June 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

MG nerf in

Hey! Wait! We have another Month (to survive !? :D )

#8 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:59 AM

MG nerf in

If they got a brain, a CLUE on why Piranhas are dangerous. Its the mech NOT the MG's. Finally MG are kinda wortwhile ( flamers and rockets too in some situations) its just hilariously sad if they nerf them because of ONE mech.
Have a slight hope though. The mg's didnt get butchered after the Cheetah and Lynx got their MG pods.

Nerfing an okay weapon system because of a good chassis exploitng the advantages, makes other chassi dependent or at least more useful with mgs falling short... a blanket nerf WILL damage/ kill some mechs.

I dont have the Piranha quirks in my head now, but removing (along with the PIR's uniqueness of the chassi) some could do *shrugs* Just dont take it too far PGI, just dont!
Acc/ Dec

Edited by Tordin, 05 June 2018 - 12:02 PM.

#9 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:09 PM

View PostTordin, on 05 June 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

If they got a brain, a CLUE on why Piranhas are dangerous. Its the mech NOT the MG's. Finally MG are kinda wortwhile ( flamers and rockets too in some situations) its just hilariously sad if they nerf them because of ONE mech.
Have a slight hope though. The mg's didnt get butchered after the Cheetah and Lynx got their MG pods.

Nerfing an okay weapon system because of a good chassis exploitng the advantages, makes other chassi dependent or at least more useful with mgs falling short... a blanket nerf WILL damage/ kill some mechs.

I dont have the Piranha quirks in my head now, but removing (along with the PIR's uniqueness of the chassi) some could do *shrugs* Just dont take it too far PGI, just dont!
Acc/ Dec

Why not create a ghost heat-like penalty for MGs? B/C *EVERYONE* loves GH! amirite?

Make it so that if you fire 7+ MGs of any type, you start getting diminishing returns in rate of fire and/or crit chance...

#10 Jasrion Blastlehoffer

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:15 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 05 June 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Behold the CP-10-Q "Kingfisher". Notice the perfectly balanced front and rear armor.

I bet it could solo 2-3 Piranhas at once.

I understand that your post is in jest, just though I'd point out that without an active probe you'll probably never be able to lock and therefore fire any streaks.

#11 Bravado

• PipPipPip
  • Colonel
  • Colonel
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:18 PM

View PostJasrion Blastlehoffer, on 05 June 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

I understand that your post is in jest, just though I'd point out that without an active probe you'll probably never be able to lock and therefore fire any streaks.

It has one.

#12 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

View PostJasrion Blastlehoffer, on 05 June 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

That's why it equips an active probe :)

#13 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:46 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 05 June 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

Why not create a ghost heat-like penalty for MGs? B/C *EVERYONE* loves GH! amirite?

Make it so that if you fire 7+ MGs of any type, you start getting diminishing returns in rate of fire and/or crit chance...

Yeah... ghost heat on face-time, only useful once armor is gone/ en masse support weapon...
keep giving them ideas like that, Im sure its hmm... appetizing in the eyes of some Posted Image

#14 Hellfire666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:59 PM

MG nerf in

Close - it will be next month when PIR goes out for cbills.

#15 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:32 PM

Argh... Thanks to the Recent Sales that came, and without Events containing (C-Bills)/(MC) to prevent people from exhausting their funds, I am totally tapped out. I can't pick up a HellSpawn right now, even if I wanted to, which puts the Camo Sale automatically beyond my reach. :(

Sadly, I don't think I've seen one of these on the battlefield in quite some time. Maybe there will be a resurgence with this (C-Bills) Release, but something tells me that won't last. There must be a reason that the Mech is so unused. I guess I'll glance at it (even though I'm simply unable to get one), just to understand why. -_-

~D. V. "How do I get a Mech & Camo without the (C-Bills) to purchase it? I can't get in on this..." Devnull

#16 Ixidor Dinne

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPlanet Arkab, Buckminster Prefacture

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

Eh just sell off some of your junk weapons, it will really add up.

And is the hellspawn any good anyway?

#17 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:55 PM

View PostIxidor Dinne, on 05 June 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

Eh just sell off some of your junk weapons, it will really add up.

And is the hellspawn any good anyway?

The hellspawn is a potato.

#18 Ixidor Dinne

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPlanet Arkab, Buckminster Prefacture

Posted 05 June 2018 - 01:56 PM

Plain baked potato or loaded baked potato....lol

#19 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:39 PM

View PostJaspbo1, on 05 June 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

Hellspawn getting any other quirks? Seems a bit barren.

Two of them seem like they outright have their quirks mixed up. The one with 5 energy hardpoints and 2 missile hardpoints has missile quirks and the one with 2 energy hardpoints and 5 missile hardpoints has energy quirks. Not even quirks for the bigger weapons like PPCs or something. I'll be buying one for C-bills because I've always liked the chassis and the hero does interest me, at least for this moment despite its already glaring issues. Still though it seems like PGI is severely overestimating the Hellspawn's potential due to it's jumpjets. They remind me of pre-quirk Hunchbacks.

View PostD V Devnull, on 05 June 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

Argh... Thanks to the Recent Sales that came, and without Events containing (C-Bills)/(MC) to prevent people from exhausting their funds, I am totally tapped out. I can't pick up a HellSpawn right now, even if I wanted to, which puts the Camo Sale automatically beyond my reach. Posted Image

Sadly, I don't think I've seen one of these on the battlefield in quite some time. Maybe there will be a resurgence with this (C-Bills) Release, but something tells me that won't last. There must be a reason that the Mech is so unused. I guess I'll glance at it (even though I'm simply unable to get one), just to understand why. Posted Image

~D. V. "How do I get a Mech & Camo without the (C-Bills) to purchase it? I can't get in on this..." Devnull

I don't understand why they would launch a new mech for C-bills without putting it on sale. Aside from the Quirkening and the inroduction of new tech with Civil War I don't think there has ever been more excitement around a chassis than it's C-Bill release. In three weeks the excitement will mostly be gone and people will have a pretty solid opinion of where the mech stands. Wouldn't you want to try to sell a few extra mechbays before that happens? Most players don't really sell their mechs so it is a solid buy and if a player takes one out for a spin and likes it they might even cough up for a hero variant.

If you don't capitalize on that excitement you just miss out. Not only does PGI miss out on potential sales but players miss out too. Some of us like the mechs that aren't considered that good. I still love all of my Hunchbacks and I just finished my Hunchback collection in the latest sale despite them being middling. I'm probably going to buy the remaining two Commandos that I don't own, same for the Ravens.There are folks out there playing with Firestarters, Kintaros, Dragons, and Awesomes every day and when you kill the excitement for a chassis there's going to be players who don't buy it and miss out on something that they otherwise would have really enjoyed. Even if they weren't going to spend more money (though a disproportionate amount of MWO players do spend money) they would play more often, fill the lobbies, make the matches less mundane and filled with the usual builds for players who do pay.

If we were going to spend real money on it it would've been through the package or the MC so it's not anything is lost. Just shave 20% off on release. That's about enough to spec it out how we want to, or at the very least to give it the absolutely essential DHS.

Also PGI stop these sales on Unlock camos only. Why? It still costs more the same as five applications of the camo. How many players are going to own five variants of the same chassis too make it worthwhile? A lot of chassis don't even have five variants and in most of those that do there tends to be a big overlap. The Hunchbacks that I own are all very different but that is the chassis gimmick. The Trebuchet has five variants and do you really believe that there are more than a very few amount of players who will look at each one and determine that all five are worth keeping because of relatively minor differences? One-shot and decal sales, please.

Edited by IllCaesar, 05 June 2018 - 02:51 PM.

#20 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:58 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 05 June 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

The hellspawn is a potato.

It’s a STEALTH ARMOR POTATO!
I love my asymmetrical, speedy, extra-wide Vindicator cousin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users