• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTranquil

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:36 PM

New feature:
Build Profile Saving and Sharing
Have you always wanted to save or export a 'Mech's loadout or Skill Tree build to share other MechWarriors? Or import or load in a 'Mech's loadout or Skill Tree build from other MechWarriors?

Yes, I have. A lot of years ago. Seriously, you finally managed to copy Smurfy-Functionality and announce it like this? Are the hashcodes compatible with smurfys at least?

You are aware how ridiculous this is after all these years? I mean,... nice to have it finally, but most of the original players will never know, because you scared them away by how you handle Faction Warfare.

Edited by Meldric Ward, 13 June 2018 - 11:40 PM.

#62 NUMBERZero1032

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 148 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:39 PM

PGI, please, look. You buffed LRM velocity without buffing AMS to compensate. Now you increase LRM ammo and again not buff AMS to compensate? PUH-LEASE. Give the AMS some LOVE.

#63 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:00 AM

Ok, so this patch somes with some positives and some negatives..

Here are the positives:

1) Missle Ammo count increase.. from 180 to 240.. that's about 3 extra shots of LRM20 per ton.. and means my highes ammo count will jump from 3500 missiles to 4416.. Don't know when I'm ever gonna spend that in a QP match, so I might start thinking about mounting additional heat sinks or something.. will see..

2) Loadout saving - well better late then never i guess.. this should have been implemented back in alpha.. but ok.. At least we finally got it.

3) Removal of Timberwolf negative quirks - again, a long awaited thing.. I know people that quit the game over those..

4) Blood Asp arm energy mount fix. I personally requested the arm energy mount fixes,and I formally thank PGI for implementing them. Also, moving a weapon hardpoint to the shoulder cannons as a secondary slot was logical and highly requested, so thank you for that too.

Negatives:

1) Huge amount of fixes related to the Solaris City map - while the fixes themselves are not negative, what is negative is the sheer amount of things that needed to be fixed - pointing to the conclusion that the Quality control department was once again found lacking..

2) Blood Asp changes without structure buffs - so, I applaud the changes, I know many people wanted them. The weapon nacelle changes however, should be accompanied with increased toughness of those, now higher and easier to hit geometry. They are considerably higher and much much easier to hit now.. yet the hitbox got no structure/armor buff? Does not bode well for overall toughness and usefulness of the mech.

The positives outweigh the negatives on this one.. And I'm proud PGI listened to some constructive criticism..

Edited by Vellron2005, 14 June 2018 - 12:07 AM.

#64 P0607

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:00 AM

Also while we're on topic of ams. I also stand for some buffs for it, but that's not what I wanna mention. I wanna ask if you could maybe add a little cbills bonus for the shot down missiles? Not too much so everyone doesn't start boating it, but just a bit for those support mechs? They usually gain less cbills because of lack of weapons exchanged for ams, so that reduces the motivation to play such builds (especially when you're short on cbills).

Edited by P0607, 14 June 2018 - 12:02 AM.

#65 jeht

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:09 AM

• Restricted to Stock Inner Sphere 'Mechs only.
  • Restricted to 3039 Tech.

Could someone knowledgeable clarify this for me?
1. Are we going to have a stock loadout button with 3039 tech (and assuming, other tech years 3050/55/60/etc)?

Mechwarrior who has been absent for a long time.

#66 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:12 AM

View Postjeht, on 14 June 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

• Restricted to Stock Inner Sphere 'Mechs only.
  • Restricted to 3039 Tech.
Could someone knowledgeable clarify this for me?
1. Are we going to have a stock loadout button with 3039 tech (and assuming, other tech years 3050/55/60/etc)?

Mechwarrior who has been absent for a long time.

That's for people playing competitive mode. The official World Championship tournament this year is stock 'Mechs only, IS only, 3039 tech only. So no Clans, no Pulse or ER lasers, no Gauss Rifles, no Double Heatsinks or XL Engines.

#67 jeht

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:23 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 14 June 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

That's for people playing competitive mode. The official World Championship tournament this year is stock 'Mechs only, IS only, 3039 tech only. So no Clans, no Pulse or ER lasers, no Gauss Rifles, no Double Heatsinks or XL Engines.

Rats. Was hoping that there was a stock loadout option for normal QP. Just wanted to see my many mech varients have reasons to be used, rather than the current cookie cutter meta approach.

cheers mate.

#68 Winterbleed

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:33 AM

View PostNUMBERZero1032, on 13 June 2018 - 11:39 PM, said:

PGI, please, look. You buffed LRM velocity without buffing AMS to compensate. Now you increase LRM ammo and again not buff AMS to compensate? PUH-LEASE. Give the AMS some LOVE.

Clearly their intent is to encourage the entire player base to play only LRM boats. They have been encouraging the weapon system so much recently.

Why don't we play that game then and see what they think? I propose the entire player base choose a designated date and time to drop in LRM boats and only LRM boats. Then we should all walk inside of minimum range of each other and alpha strike until our ammo is spent. We should then all quit to desktop for the rest of the evening and find something else to do.

PGI can draw what conclusions they may after pouring over THOSE metrics.

#69 HenktheTank

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:40 AM

First, the Ammo changes are nice but why does the Gauss weapons don't get more ammo? Especially Heavygauss that has only 5 shots for 125 damage per ton needs more its just not enough.

#70 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:46 AM

I was dreaded to open patchnotes but this time it is actually a nice patch. See PGI you can do it, just forget about nerfing and we're good.

add. increase AMS ammo too plz

Edited by Nema Nabojiv, 14 June 2018 - 12:50 AM.

#71 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:51 AM

Did you get rid of the game-breaking engine-desync crap yet? Perhaps you forgot to write about that in the patch notes?

Crossing my fingers.

#72 Lord Fatal1s

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:54 AM

Très bon patch sa ! En espérant que le Battlemaster ne finira pas comme le Banshee.

#73 N I K O L A I

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:20 AM

No balance changes? Posted Image Please unbalance this game and make it fun again! :)

#74 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:41 AM

If PGI is going to extend the Blood Asp's gun barrels, they should at least give the side torsos armor quirks to compensate for the changes.

#75 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:57 AM

View PostP0607, on 14 June 2018 - 12:00 AM, said:

Also while we're on topic of ams. I also stand for some buffs for it, but that's not what I wanna mention. I wanna ask if you could maybe add a little cbills bonus for the shot down missiles? Not too much so everyone doesn't start boating it, but just a bit for those support mechs? They usually gain less cbills because of lack of weapons exchanged for ams, so that reduces the motivation to play such builds (especially when you're short on cbills).

This a thousand times yes, something running 2-3 AMS systems, is sacrificing a lot of damage, that directly impacts earnings for a game. With all the extra Ammo, more people will have to run AMS, about time the support element in this game got some love instead of just pew pew you ded.

#76 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:24 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 13 June 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Timber Wolf Design notes: As the only 'Mech previously assigned negative quirks,

Well, good to know the Dire Wolf S and W no longer exist.

#77 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:40 AM

Okay, four pages in before I could catch up... Argh... :blush:

View PostTina Benoit, on 13 June 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

An edit had been made to the Comp Play section of the patch notes:
We have moved the Sunday time slot to Saturday to better accommodate all time zones.

View PostK O N D O, on 13 June 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

Thanks Tina.
AP/OC appreciates this.

Pardon my confusion, but why wasn't this simply made an "Open 7 Days A Week" thing? I may not be getting into Comp. Play myself, but this seems weirdly inconsistent and could create scheduling nightmares for those that are. Not everyone has at least one of those three days (Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday) a week open. :wacko:

View PostCatten Hart, on 13 June 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

It's actually surprising to me that there aren't any real 'nerfs' this patch. Hopefully you aren't just taking extra time to prep that nerfbat swing.

View Postcougurt, on 13 June 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

that sounds like exactly what's happening going by the recent posts from paul and chris.

View PostElizander, on 13 June 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

The TBR Prime has no negative quirks and a set bonus of +10% accel and +10% decel. I played it with max agility and it still felt nowhere near it's old performance. Posted Image

View Posttee5, on 13 June 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

First I thought hurray they are removing negative Quirks from the Timberwolf.

But then I read more in depth, and found out they are only camouflageing the negative Quirks so that nobody sees them anymore.

I guarantee you if you just remove the negative quirk, you will not see billions of Timberwolfs on the map.

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 14 June 2018 - 12:46 AM, said:

I was dreaded to open patchnotes but this time it is actually a nice patch. See PGI you can do it, just forget about nerfing and we're good.

So it seems a lot of people didn't pay good attention to that section of the Patch Notes. There was indeed a Nerf, albeit hidden from view. I should point out that some TimberWolf OmniPods carried built-in Negative Quirks prior to this Patch. Even then, if you read PGI's wording carefully, you'll notice that they're rolling many of those Negative Quirks into the Baseline Stats. One can only hope that PGI's changes don't really end up leaving that Mech worse than it was before, as I get the impression that some of the Variants are going to end up badly hurt in their CTs, compared to others. Let's hope it doesn't result in some kind of "Meta OmniPod Monster" build. :huh:

This reminds me... Mechs that I've piloted with the "Reverse Speed" Quirk have indeed had it functioning since the New Skill Tree arrived. What is going on with PGI removing those Quirks, when they're part of the Mech's personality? It actually helped with build diversity, and removing it is only causing people to all go to "cookie cutter builds" for efficiency as the Mechs are being semi-homogenized in terms of mobility. :(

@ Tina Benoit --- Pardon my curiosity as to if you're still reading this post, but is there any chance you could request a "Quirk Change Info" addition to the Patch Notes? It would be nice if we could get a PDF or Table indicating the results of the Quirk Changes to those Mechs receiving them. ^_^

View PostP0607, on 14 June 2018 - 12:00 AM, said:

I wanna ask if you could maybe add a little cbills bonus for the shot down missiles? Not too much so everyone doesn't start boating it, but just a bit for those support mechs? They usually gain less cbills because of lack of weapons exchanged for ams, so that reduces the motivation to play such builds (especially when you're short on cbills).

View PostZortPointNarf, on 14 June 2018 - 01:57 AM, said:

This a thousand times yes, something running 2-3 AMS systems, is sacrificing a lot of damage, that directly impacts earnings for a game. With all the extra Ammo, more people will have to run AMS, about time the support element in this game got some love instead of just pew pew you ded.

I can DEFINITELY AGREE WITH THIS, you two. There SHOULD be a Compensation given for helping a teammate to survive through that manner of operation. Probably 30 (C-Bills) minimum for every Missile that gets shot down (only slightly over equal to 1 Point of Damage, thereby also adjusting for ATM-based attacks), as that's actual teamwork the AMS User is indeed committing to. Why PGI hasn't already made this change in the Final Scoring for matches is well beyond my own ability to guess... :mellow:

View PostWill9761, on 14 June 2018 - 01:41 AM, said:

If PGI is going to extend the Blood Asp's gun barrels, they should at least give the side torsos armor quirks to compensate for the changes.

Just give it a Patch or two. Maybe even just a HotFix. It just takes time for PGI to know what it is that they missed. If too many Blood Asp Mechs get cut down easily, then they'll know it must have quirks for having such Side Torso protrusions. ;)

View PostIdToaster, on 14 June 2018 - 02:24 AM, said:

Well, good to know the Dire Wolf S and W no longer exist.

Oh, they exist. Problem is, I bet PGI hadn't thought about those Head-mounted Energy Weapon Slot OmniPods. Either that, or we the players are missing something in terms of final balancing on that Mech. (Is it just me, or is the Dire Wolf's Head Hitbox unusually tiny?) At least the Dire Wolf got some recent Armor Quirks as a Ninja Addition to its' other OmniPods. My problem now is figuring out how to make use of some of those, being as the Dire Wolf isn't quite near as tanky as it should be for a 48-Kph-Limit Mech. :unsure:

And now to look ahead to see what madness happens... :o

~Mr. D. V. "In hopes of some clarification from PGI's Staff..." Devnull

#78 Noguchi-san

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:12 AM

We have moved the Sunday time slot to Saturday to better accommodate all time zones.

But why even restricting it to only 3 days per week? Is the playerbase realy that small?

#79 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:14 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 14 June 2018 - 12:00 AM, said:

Ok, so this patch somes with some positives and some negatives..

Here are the positives:

1) Missle Ammo count increase.. from 180 to 240.. that's about 3 extra shots of LRM20 per ton.. and means my highes ammo count will jump from 3500 missiles to 4416.. Don't know when I'm ever gonna spend that in a QP match, so I might start thinking about mounting additional heat sinks or something.. will see..

2) Loadout saving - well better late then never i guess.. this should have been implemented back in alpha.. but ok.. At least we finally got it.

3) Removal of Timberwolf negative quirks - again, a long awaited thing.. I know people that quit the game over those..

4) Blood Asp arm energy mount fix. I personally requested the arm energy mount fixes,and I formally thank PGI for implementing them. Also, moving a weapon hardpoint to the shoulder cannons as a secondary slot was logical and highly requested, so thank you for that too.

Negatives:

1) Huge amount of fixes related to the Solaris City map - while the fixes themselves are not negative, what is negative is the sheer amount of things that needed to be fixed - pointing to the conclusion that the Quality control department was once again found lacking..

2) Blood Asp changes without structure buffs - so, I applaud the changes, I know many people wanted them. The weapon nacelle changes however, should be accompanied with increased toughness of those, now higher and easier to hit geometry. They are considerably higher and much much easier to hit now.. yet the hitbox got no structure/armor buff? Does not bode well for overall toughness and usefulness of the mech.

The positives outweigh the negatives on this one.. And I'm proud PGI listened to some constructive criticism..

well, to sum up what you said in a very short version. The Blood Asp shouldn't get those quirks, or we end up with the KDK-3 problem we had. The Blood Asp was never known to be a durable Assault, it was really built on the principal that "the best defense is an overwhelming offense." why you still see Dire Wolves around, simply for the fact every other Clan Assault isn't really as durable, except maybe MAD-IICs.

key with your BA is just making sure to stick with the team. no amount of quirks saves an un-assisted assault caught in the open anyways.

View PostNoguchi-san, on 14 June 2018 - 06:12 AM, said:

But why even restricting it to only 3 days per week? Is the playerbase realy that small?

the one for comp play is. to be honest, most of the player base for the game has always just been the guys and gals who play Quickplay. it's fun, the wait times aren't bad, and it's not ridiculously competitive or trash-talky most of the time.

Edited by Arkhangel, 14 June 2018 - 06:18 AM.

#80 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:14 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 14 June 2018 - 08:47 AM.
staff abuse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users