• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:03 AM

Hey Folks.

Regarding to this Thread:
https://mwomercs.com...laris-launches/
and the not longer being available Twitch Stream with Russ talking about FP.

With combining the newest patch notes and Roadmap to August (with no single word about FP) there are only 2 possibilities for me:

1. FP should have been shut down for 2 weeks because they wanted to improve it.

2. they wanted to shut it down because they dont want that we play FP anymore.

I heard a promise about improvements for FP or, at least, some, few, a little amount of tweaks.

I got motivated again to prove PGI that we are active (in FP), that we are constructive, that we are taking beginners into our units and recruit and teach them, so that they stay in this beginner-unfriendly-biome.

So here we are standing now.

The Veteran core of MWO literally living in FP & PGI who wants a good running business.

Important times for PGI: The Worldchampionship & MW5, an increasing popularity of BT-Games because Battletech was such a succesful release, a growing playerbase.

It can come good times for PGI. The lately polls are a good sign that they are willed to involve their community better again.

But it is the year of decision.

For me it is absolutley clear that, if FP will still be ignored of PGI, i am very sure to quit MWO.

You promised me! And i am a humorless german who is only making promises if he is holding them!!!!

I am so angry like never before and without being arrogant...with me you would loose one of the few valuable members who are ripping his *** to improve the gaming experience for the community.

I cant count the Pug-Dropleads i did, the recruits i had, the hours on TS showing beginners how to survive your Skill-Maze, i organized tournaments and drink'n drive evenings, i started connecting all IS-players to more organization (like my General says: Bishop you are our secretary of state), on our OSOs-TS are folks from all over the world.

Why did i say this? Because i think PGI dont know what the players are doing to keep MWO alive.

It is time that we get something back!!!

So i would like a clear statement and answers to these questions:

1.) Do you plan a future for FP? If not, why dont you shut it down then?
2.) What direction you are driving with MWO? Immersive players with longtime-motivation or F2P-Solo-2-month players with bought 1 package and move on?
3. Why are you promising things and dont hold them? Is this part of your culture and normal to you? If so, i excuse my greenness.
4.) Why do you not make a statement for future plans of this game after MW5 release?

I know that i have to go to tweet or something to really reach somebody of PGI, but i dont have an account and i wont make one.

But if i am in war i look for getting all information available, not only the talkings of my officers, also the opinion of my front soldiers and if possible of my enemies and the people.

PGI, you are at war and have to fight to survive this year...if MW5 fails you are done. You need us.
I cant speak for my whole unit but i know that the organized majority of us stay because of FP and NOT because of QP, which is redunant to me and my other guys.

No FP - No Motivation - No PGI

#2 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:50 AM

They said after launch of Solaris they will have more time for FP. Never said an exact date. 5 months after Solaris, is still after solaris.

And I am a little bit hesitant over your demanding of "improvements" for FP.

Most of the time PGI wanted to "improve" something, it turned out worse than before.
Just remember the long tom fiasco.

By the way, this fiasco could have easily been solved. (1 week after long tom, PGI:" We made a mistake. Damage of long tom, will be reduced to the damage of 2 arties, And frequency will be reduced to 6 min.) But stubborn Russ, couldn't admit he made an mistake. Players needed to be convinced, that long tom was good. But it was not good.

What "improvements" do we want?

- supplie lines? "We" want a mash of hundreds of supplie lines, very complicated, and very simulation like. PGI as small company is not able to deliver and will instead code 2 supply lines.

- Factories on the planets and if you conquer the planets, something will happen. I am afraid of this "something".

- Jumpship jumps? If you are not in reach you can not participate in the fight? We have already so few players, no need to lock someone out.

I think what "we" want is Star Citizen in the Battletech universe. But this takes a lot of time and money. Let's hope Star Citizen will need much more time, so that we can play MWO for a couple of years.

#3 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:45 AM

It's dead, Jim.

#4 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:34 AM

PGI can't even get weapon balancing correct, I would rather them not touch Faction Play unless the changes they propose are backed by the FP community, lest they make it a bigger train wreck. I've said countless times how their balances are always blankets, affecting every mech on a tech side, yet they say they try to make every mech a viable mech. If you are going to nerf everything that runs Clan Lasers, how will the underperforming mechs such as the 60 feet buried TBR ever rise from the grave? If you are going to do engine desync, the Omnimechs will definitely be hit harder than Battlemechs since now the engine only provides top speed and not mobility. How does it even solve anything?

Until PGI decides to communicate with its community, especially the top pilots which are probably the most knowledgeable, to find out how to make things right, they can just put more people to work on the next mech packs and disappoint the veterans by leaving FP to rot while they try to fix Solaris, an already deader mode than FP 2 months after release.

And don't worry Bishop, I'm pretty sure most of the FP regulars are with you; no FP no MWO, I'm not gonna play some ******* mode where people nascar and roll around with terrible mix builds.

Edited by Yondu Udonta, 15 June 2018 - 04:35 AM.

#5 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:15 AM

View Posttee5, on 15 June 2018 - 02:50 AM, said:

They said after launch of Solaris they will have more time for FP. Never said an exact date. 5 months after Solaris, is still after solaris.

And I am a little bit hesitant over your demanding of "improvements" for FP.

Most of the time PGI wanted to "improve" something, it turned out worse than before.
Just remember the long tom fiasco.

By the way, this fiasco could have easily been solved. (1 week after long tom, PGI:" We made a mistake. Damage of long tom, will be reduced to the damage of 2 arties, And frequency will be reduced to 6 min.) But stubborn Russ, couldn't admit he made an mistake. Players needed to be convinced, that long tom was good. But it was not good.

What "improvements" do we want?

- supplie lines? "We" want a mash of hundreds of supplie lines, very complicated, and very simulation like. PGI as small company is not able to deliver and will instead code 2 supply lines.

- Factories on the planets and if you conquer the planets, something will happen. I am afraid of this "something".

- Jumpship jumps? If you are not in reach you can not participate in the fight? We have already so few players, no need to lock someone out.

I think what "we" want is Star Citizen in the Battletech universe. But this takes a lot of time and money. Let's hope Star Citizen will need much more time, so that we can play MWO for a couple of years.

tee, you didnt say anything wrong in my opinion (except that Star Citizen things which is arguable), but your ideas are around HOW to improve FP. I'm totally in for gathering good ideas about that, but first i want to underline the words which were given from PGI.

I am unsecure about the future of FP because there is no real official statement. I think the Roadmap of this patch note would have been the best possibility of PGI to show us their thoughts about it.

Or if they are only brainstorming about FP they could have written at least 1 (!) sentence in the Roadmap about FP, that they are on it.

Important for me and my plannings of buying mechs in future. If there is no intention anymore to work on FP, i see no logical reason for me to ever buy a mech again. For Nascar-Yolo-QPlay i have more than enough mechs.

So i am asking: "Whats your status PGI?" not "What will you do in detail for imroving FP?" - That would be the 2nd step for me.

So you are right, but too early ;P

View PostYondu Udonta, on 15 June 2018 - 04:34 AM, said:

PGI can't even get weapon balancing correct, I would rather them not touch Faction Play unless the changes they propose are backed by the FP community, lest they make it a bigger train wreck. I've said countless times how their balances are always blankets, affecting every mech on a tech side, yet they say they try to make every mech a viable mech. If you are going to nerf everything that runs Clan Lasers, how will the underperforming mechs such as the 60 feet buried TBR ever rise from the grave? If you are going to do engine desync, the Omnimechs will definitely be hit harder than Battlemechs since now the engine only provides top speed and not mobility. How does it even solve anything?

Until PGI decides to communicate with its community, especially the top pilots which are probably the most knowledgeable, to find out how to make things right, they can just put more people to work on the next mech packs and disappoint the veterans by leaving FP to rot while they try to fix Solaris, an already deader mode than FP 2 months after release.

And don't worry Bishop, I'm pretty sure most of the FP regulars are with you; no FP no MWO, I'm not gonna play some ******* mode where people nascar and roll around with terrible mix builds.

You are right. I' wish more communicative work together between PGI and their players. So many big AND small game companies can manage that in real good way, PGI can do that as well.

Often i see newer players testing Faction Play, but the majority leave again after a short time because of different reasons, mostly because of the difficulty.

Perhaps we have to start thinking in other ways how to improve the experience of players in this mode, not over weapon balancing or other points regarding the mechanic of the mechs themselves.

But yeah, first step is a not silence game company which is talking to us and second step is to work together for exchange of our thoughts.

I am confident enough to say at this point many many other players can make better suggestions of the mechanics than me and i would be really happy to see in a near future, that we are creating a list of valuable points for FP, which is in harmony between PGI and their playerbase.

Some polls for the start and a little sign of living PGI and the angry german wouldnt be that angry anymore.

It dont have to be a huge and complete overhaul of the mode, some little tweaks for better quality of life would be great for the start.

And there i am thinking about the way how and when the players can communicate with each others and how you can find and organize groups ingame. UnKnown Player and his thread is a really good idea and opportunity:
https://mwomercs.com...-on-both-sides/

#6 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:50 AM

Well spoken.

For me at least the direction I want Faction Play to go in is the direction of player/unit/faction self organisation.

More like phase 2 than now but also more fleshed out and with strategic impact from taking territory, preferably a way to win wars and major objectives that is built into the system itself and not based on events.

Loyalists should have access to tools for faction politics so the factions can control who is at war and where the priorities in attacking and defending are. Captured planets should go to the capturing faction rather than the unit. Also loyalists should be able to use their factions resources to put up lucrative contracts for mercenary units.

Mercenaries on the other hand should choose who to fight for depending on what contracts the loyalists offer for them, and then they should fight where the faction they join wants them to fight. Extra rewards for completing special objectives in their contract such as capturing or defending an important planet.

Yeah, the factions needs to be distinct again. Loyalists need to be distinct from mercenaries in how they function. The map needs to be a real strategic macro game in the hands of the players. Owning planets needs to come with strategic gameplay impact, not just reward systems.

The current direction of oversimplification, reduction of player influence, removal of distinct factions and no strategic macro game has almost killed Faction Play. This overall backpedaling on the Community Warfare vision has caused way more damage than the specific design blunders like Long Tom etc.

In other words, make it into Community Warfare like you originally planned to do.

Edited by Sjorpha, 15 June 2018 - 05:52 AM.

#7 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:51 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 15 June 2018 - 04:34 AM, said:

See tho the community has communicated on balance, And CW. And PGI has responded with "LOL". They have made clear to us that this is uncle russ's vision. His childhood dream. We just supply cash.

Its moot anyway at this point. Once the laser nerf goes thru the mode is gonna die for real. Nobody's gonna want to play in garbage tech against super quirked IS mechs.

(Im 8/10 on my pgi conspiracy theory's, I believe the will use the assured massive drop in players to justify finally removing the mode that they never wanted.)

#8 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:01 AM

All the recent major changes (mercs, reducing loyalty penalties etc.) are what ruined the mode for me. There is NO reason to fight anymore, I only some online to spend time with friends that I made whilst the mode was engaging.
The old forum wars about clanners and IS houses were great.
Fighting IS vs. IS and Clan vs. Clan, awesome.
Sadly, all of this is gone, I no longer care what the map looks like , I no longer care if we tag a planet, I no longer care if we push back against a particular clan because the players we're fighting against won't be there in the next few days because they will flip flop to another faction again.

There is no depth anymore and it is this which makes the mode almost redundant because it literally becomes quick play with respawn and no tonnage penalty for grouping.

Battletech is popular because it has depth, you are fighting a defined enemy, your choices have repercussions, your failures are punished etc. The MWO universe has become a garden filled with bubble wrap and beige. Posted Image

#9 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:40 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 15 June 2018 - 05:51 AM, said:

See tho the community has communicated on balance, And CW. And PGI has responded with "LOL". They have made clear to us that this is uncle russ's vision. His childhood dream. We just supply cash.

Its moot anyway at this point. Once the laser nerf goes thru the mode is gonna die for real. Nobody's gonna want to play in garbage tech against super quirked IS mechs.

(Im 8/10 on my pgi conspiracy theory's, I believe the will use the assured massive drop in players to justify finally removing the mode that they never wanted.)

View PostUnKnownPlayer, on 15 June 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

All the recent major changes (mercs, reducing loyalty penalties etc.) are what ruined the mode for me. There is NO reason to fight anymore, I only some online to spend time with friends that I made whilst the mode was engaging.
The old forum wars about clanners and IS houses were great.
Fighting IS vs. IS and Clan vs. Clan, awesome.
Sadly, all of this is gone, I no longer care what the map looks like , I no longer care if we tag a planet, I no longer care if we push back against a particular clan because the players we're fighting against won't be there in the next few days because they will flip flop to another faction again.

There is no depth anymore and it is this which makes the mode almost redundant because it literally becomes quick play with respawn and no tonnage penalty for grouping.

Battletech is popular because it has depth, you are fighting a defined enemy, your choices have repercussions, your failures are punished etc. The MWO universe has become a garden filled with bubble wrap and beige. Posted Image

The point is, if they do not plan to make something with FP i would like to know that as well.

#10 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:53 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 15 June 2018 - 07:40 AM, said:

The point is, if they do not plan to make something with FP i would like to know that as well.

Then to twitter you must go.

#11 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:08 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 15 June 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

Then to twitter you must go.

I do not accept their cheap excuse.

#12 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:09 AM

looking back at the man years of broken promises and great things are coming.......

Posted Image

#13 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:23 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 15 June 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

I do not accept their cheap excuse.

Lol They dont care what you accept. You want answers? Go get em.

#14 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:24 AM

You have become cynical Tanner.

#15 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:31 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 15 June 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

Lol They dont care what you accept. You want answers? Go get em.

Thank you Lord.

I know that they dont care, but really, you sound like Russ himself.

And i dont care for PGI anymore when i am gone. But contrary to you, i try something.

Edited by Bishop Six, 15 June 2018 - 08:32 AM.

#16 Hal Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:02 AM

ill enjoy what i can until the death of FP really

#17 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:27 AM

Check out @PUG_TheScotsman’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/...5262951426?s=09

I'd love to get into a big thread on what would make FP great but until I KNOW PGI has the drive and determination to follow through, I can't summon the energy to think about it. I at least asked the question for you on Twitter though.

#18 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:06 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 15 June 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

Check out @PUG_TheScotsman’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/...5262951426?s=09

I'd love to get into a big thread on what would make FP great but until I KNOW PGI has the drive and determination to follow through, I can't summon the energy to think about it. I at least asked the question for you on Twitter though.

In an unrelated thread a while back I tried to delicately push Russ regarding future FP development.
All he was willing to give was that they would be discussing it.

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6089027

#19 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 147 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:09 AM

@Bishop Six: agree with you.

All i see ATM are useless (but anyway nice looking) Bolt ons. No. I am sorry. Too expensive for me.

I also playing most of my time FP. All the other game modes are too much luck (getting the right Team, getting the right Map) and to less fun. I can bring a team or just play solo in FP. Both is even better than Quickplay. But as Bishop said: there is no new features. No improvings of old known issues in FP. Where are u PGI? All doing MW5 and just farm this for the new Project...?

#20 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:51 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 15 June 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

Hey Folks.

Regarding to this Thread:
https://mwomercs.com...laris-launches/
and the not longer being available Twitch Stream with Russ talking about FP.

With combining the newest patch notes and Roadmap to August (with no single word about FP) there are only 2 possibilities for me:

1. FP should have been shut down for 2 weeks because they wanted to improve it.

2. they wanted to shut it down because they dont want that we play FP anymore.

I heard a promise about improvements for FP or, at least, some, few, a little amount of tweaks.

I got motivated again to prove PGI that we are active (in FP), that we are constructive, that we are taking beginners into our units and recruit and teach them, so that they stay in this beginner-unfriendly-biome.

So here we are standing now.

The Veteran core of MWO literally living in FP & PGI who wants a good running business.

Important times for PGI: The Worldchampionship & MW5, an increasing popularity of BT-Games because Battletech was such a succesful release, a growing playerbase.

It can come good times for PGI. The lately polls are a good sign that they are willed to involve their community better again.

But it is the year of decision.

For me it is absolutley clear that, if FP will still be ignored of PGI, i am very sure to quit MWO.

You promised me! And i am a humorless german who is only making promises if he is holding them!!!!

I am so angry like never before and without being arrogant...with me you would loose one of the few valuable members who are ripping his *** to improve the gaming experience for the community.

I cant count the Pug-Dropleads i did, the recruits i had, the hours on TS showing beginners how to survive your Skill-Maze, i organized tournaments and drink'n drive evenings, i started connecting all IS-players to more organization (like my General says: Bishop you are our secretary of state), on our OSOs-TS are folks from all over the world.

Why did i say this? Because i think PGI dont know what the players are doing to keep MWO alive.

It is time that we get something back!!!

So i would like a clear statement and answers to these questions:

1.) Do you plan a future for FP? If not, why dont you shut it down then?
2.) What direction you are driving with MWO? Immersive players with longtime-motivation or F2P-Solo-2-month players with bought 1 package and move on?
3. Why are you promising things and dont hold them? Is this part of your culture and normal to you? If so, i excuse my greenness.
4.) Why do you not make a statement for future plans of this game after MW5 release?

I know that i have to go to tweet or something to really reach somebody of PGI, but i dont have an account and i wont make one.

But if i am in war i look for getting all information available, not only the talkings of my officers, also the opinion of my front soldiers and if possible of my enemies and the people.

PGI, you are at war and have to fight to survive this year...if MW5 fails you are done. You need us.
I cant speak for my whole unit but i know that the organized majority of us stay because of FP and NOT because of QP, which is redunant to me and my other guys.

No FP - No Motivation - No PGI

Buy a MechPack!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users