• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:30 PM

View PostPeppaPig, on 07 March 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

Very easy solution - get rid of map voting system

I actually never wanted map voting, in part for this very exact reason. People will always vote only for the maps that best suit their mechs, and most people build mechs for maps they are likely to drop on (if they are not the majority on map preference).

I mean, I love Therma and Caustic (will, old Caustic at last). I hardly if ever get on those maps, because "hot", "bad map", "I hate that map", "What ********** voted for this ****** map. I hope you die" (actually heard that last one). Random map selection removes this, but then everyone blames PGI and claim it's "rigged" because they "got landed on the same map (randomly) 6 times in a row!" or "I only ever get this map, someone's cheating the system"... So...

#63 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:29 PM

"My roomates keep voting to watch movies I hate on movie night."

"Very easy solution: set your television on fire."

#64 Scooter Libby

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 05:04 PM

I just want to drop my two cents here in case the devs are watching. Wouldn't want an unrequited pile-on without the other side. Because I for one quite appreciate the map as is.

Polar highlands offers refreshing variety from the other map options, one which favours different tactical approaches.

AMS and ECM tactics really shine, as well as coordinated murderball rushes. Camping, firing lines, and rambo tactics are less effective than all other maps. No other map rewards mobility and coordination to this degree. Some of my most memorable matches were on Polar Highlands. Maybe this map is more problematic at lower player tiers, where teams might be less coordinated, but on my drops it always rocks.

Seriously, when an experienced team sees a surplus of LRMs coming from over the horizon, we smile and charge. Easy pickings. Don't run and hide! Because we know that equipping LRMs takes a lot of tonnage/slots. So they will be handicapped in a brawl.

Edited by Scooter Libby, 21 April 2021 - 05:04 PM.

#65 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 21 April 2021 - 11:12 PM

View PostScooter Libby, on 21 April 2021 - 05:04 PM, said:

I just want to drop my two cents here in case the devs are watching. Wouldn't want an unrequited pile-on without the other side. Because I for one quite appreciate the map as is.

Polar highlands offers refreshing variety from the other map options, one which favours different tactical approaches.

AMS and ECM tactics really shine, as well as coordinated murderball rushes. Camping, firing lines, and rambo tactics are less effective than all other maps. No other map rewards mobility and coordination to this degree. Some of my most memorable matches were on Polar Highlands. Maybe this map is more problematic at lower player tiers, where teams might be less coordinated, but on my drops it always rocks.

Seriously, when an experienced team sees a surplus of LRMs coming from over the horizon, we smile and charge. Easy pickings. Don't run and hide! Because we know that equipping LRMs takes a lot of tonnage/slots. So they will be handicapped in a brawl.

https://gal.pathetic...?/86/category/8

#66 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 April 2021 - 05:26 PM

Necro necro necro,
you posted yesterday!
Necro, necro necro,
how did you find this place?

You had a neat opinion,
and wanted to opine
but you had missed the topic
back in the mists of time!

Necro, necro, necro,
I'm sure it's all okay
(with forum moderation)
for you to post away!

You should just make a new post
and not be so careless -
'cause necroposting topics,
is 'gainst the TOS!

Necro, necro, necro,
you've got egg on your face
Necro, necro, necro,
please check the last post's date!

Edited by Void Angel, 22 April 2021 - 05:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users