Fp Poll

Social Gameplay News

89 replies to this topic

Poll: FP's future (369 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you still interested in FP?

1. Sir, Yes, Sir! (188 votes [48.83%])

Percentage of vote: 48.83%

2. No, it is bad! (60 votes [15.58%])

Percentage of vote: 15.58%

3. Maybe, if (some) improvements are made (129 votes [33.51%])

Percentage of vote: 33.51%

4. Maybe, let me explain in thread (8 votes [2.08%])

Percentage of vote: 2.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:10 AM

View Postadamts01, on 04 August 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

A game as small as this with so many buckets is absolutely insane. They really do need to scale back. Group Que could be deleted an 95% of players wouldn't notice. I'd say the same for Solaris, but it's too new for that. It was such a waste of money. Scouting was a decent idea, but really not much more than another bucket, just a goofy 4v4 for big mediums. RIP lights. I am surprised to hear that PGI is taking another look at CW. I think that mode is the single greatest letdown this community has had, and if they manage to do something cool then a lot of players would return. I'd be happy to check it out. But.... I don't have much faith in that.

Group queue could be deleted...

I stopped reading.

#82 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:57 PM

View PostImperius, on 04 August 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

Group queue could be deleted...

I stopped reading.

It's sad, but it's true. Everyone started leaving once tonnage restrictions went in. I hear you can find a match during US prime time, but the mode is a ghost town outside of that. No one in Australia or Asia even bothers to try to find a match any more. If they do something with CW and make it decent, it makes sense to make that the group mode, and leave QP for solo players. Bottom line is that we have too many buckets for so few players. So what goes?

#83 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:08 PM

No.. 12 mans rolling PUG's are not fun for anyone. Then there is the hour wait time, only to be bumped out of the que at the last second to have to wait another hour. Yes this actually happened to me last time I attempted to play FP.

Edited by GeminiWolf, 04 August 2018 - 07:10 PM.

#84 Kynesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:36 PM

View PostGoatHILL, on 20 June 2018 - 12:08 AM, said:

Get rid of QP modes.
Get rid of trial mechs.

Give us ISvIS / ClanvClan again.
Give planets meaning economy, lore, something.

That would be an extremely efficient way of deleting at least half the player base and intake of potential new players.

#85 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 09:43 PM

I voted "maybe, let me explain."

I hate respawn and have no interest in building a drop deck. If FP were more like QP (12v12 match; no respawn) matches would be faster and there'd be more of them available. I think there'd be more players like me willing to give it a try.

#86 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:02 PM

View Postadamts01, on 04 August 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

It's sad, but it's true. Everyone started leaving once tonnage restrictions went in. I hear you can find a match during US prime time, but the mode is a ghost town outside of that. No one in Australia or Asia even bothers to try to find a match any more. If they do something with CW and make it decent, it makes sense to make that the group mode, and leave QP for solo players. Bottom line is that we have too many buckets for so few players. So what goes?

Yup I’m aware. Who would have thought people would quit playing a team game when they are penalized for making a good team and winning? 3/3/3/3 was just fine.

#87 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:45 PM

View PostMister Glitchdragon, on 04 August 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

I voted "maybe, let me explain."

I hate respawn and have no interest in building a drop deck. If FP were more like QP (12v12 match; no respawn) matches would be faster and there'd be more of them available. I think there'd be more players like me willing to give it a try.
That's essentially what group que is. It was pretty awesome for a year or two out of Beta.

View PostImperius, on 04 August 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

Yup I’m aware. Who would have thought people would quit playing a team game when they are penalized for making a good team and winning? 3/3/3/3 was just fine.
It was 100 times better before, but it did still have the problem of no one for comp teams to go up against. Large games have enough players to have a match maker. Small games have lobbies and let players shift to create balance. Tonnage restrictions were a catalyst to Group Que death, but it would have died anyway, as MWO offered zero way to get good matches. I don't blame comp-level 12-mans though, they were just looking for a place to play, and like you said, they were doing it right.

#88 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:49 PM

Yes if weapon balancing between factions ever takes place.

#89 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:29 AM

Think it needs 1-2 parts weapon balancing, 1 part mech balancing and 10 parts player mentality/skill fixing.

#90 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 August 2018 - 12:15 PM

Thanks for this event!

I see much interest in FP and we had many funny games!

We are hoping for further events and are working on improvments:
https://mwomercs.com...i-taking-input/

Vote!

Edited by Bishop Six, 06 August 2018 - 12:16 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users