Fp Poll

Social Gameplay News

89 replies to this topic

Poll: FP's future (369 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you still interested in FP?

1. Sir, Yes, Sir! (188 votes [48.83%])

Percentage of vote: 48.83%

2. No, it is bad! (60 votes [15.58%])

Percentage of vote: 15.58%

3. Maybe, if (some) improvements are made (129 votes [33.51%])

Percentage of vote: 33.51%

4. Maybe, let me explain in thread (8 votes [2.08%])

Percentage of vote: 2.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:33 AM

Posted Image

#42 BUMMBUMM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 254 posts
  • LocationHannover

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:00 AM

Still interested, but it would be more if FP's underlying concept got the dire needed overhaul.

#43 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:27 PM

i only play events now so if you want me to show up in fp i need more fp events.

#44 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:39 AM

Still 87 % of all participants love Faction Play <3

Keep voting guys!

#45 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:41 PM

View PostBishop Six, on 23 June 2018 - 01:39 AM, said:

Still 87 % of all participants love Faction Play <3

Keep voting guys!

This vote is not a legitimate census of player opinion as it is in the FP section. People dont come to this part of the forums unless they are already interested in the mode.

#46 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 June 2018 - 12:53 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 23 June 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

This vote is not a legitimate census of player opinion as it is in the FP section. People dont come to this part of the forums unless they are already interested in the mode.

Unfortuntaley that was my mistake. I wrote to moderation to move the poll, but no reaction so far. Because of this i started the other thread in GD.

#47 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 July 2018 - 02:50 AM

IM DONE.

THX FOR YOUR SUPPORT GUYS; EVEN THE SALTY ONES :)

SEE YOU ON BATTLEFIELD; WE WONT SEE HERE ANYMORE O/

#48 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:50 AM

Late reaction, but reaction.

Please vote guys! Thx!

#49 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:25 AM

Yes i'm interested. But it just doesn't have that much people to play with, as well as designed for very cohesive teams. At least if there were a lot of people, it would probably dilute the player-base of it's seal-clubbers.

#50 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:38 AM

I'm only interested in the game modes that actually work well, that being Conquest and Siege.

The whole factions and IS map conquest is just bad. Why play any other faction than the one currently winning?

And I need a matchmaker. There is no point in a mode where only the strong have any fun.

#51 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:37 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 16 July 2018 - 03:25 AM, said:

Yes i'm interested. But it just doesn't have that much people to play with, as well as designed for very cohesive teams. At least if there were a lot of people, it would probably dilute the player-base of it's seal-clubbers.

I play a -lot- of FP, and usually don't have a problem getting matches. People do play it quite a bit. Just can't really drop solo, that can take forever if you get bumped by units. We were dropping as a 6 man yesterday, as long as you have a solid 6 guys you can make up for the puggle potato salad you get stuck with sometimes.

Earlier in the night we dropped as a full 12 man against MS. We had one moment in there where we were trying to circle around them on Forest Colony skirmish, and they held a cliff above the beach on the north that we were advancing on. It was pretty awesome, we had to rush the beachhead and take them out. We had a few guys with Gausshammers able to cover the advancing guys and eventually take the position.

All in all, I find it really the only mode worth playing. QP is far to annoying to play unless you take a boring midrange trade build. I take a LRM boat and get HPG or Mining, or I take a brawler and get Polar... or I get stuck with a completely brain dead team. No thanks. I'd rather be able to pick what mechs I want for the fight, and get to use some strategy in my mech choices.

#52 Archbishop Six

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:57 AM

Can we have FP back pls?

#53 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:33 AM

No. Any video game with teams greater than four becomes Toxic... No. It drove off so many people; to the point PGI "shut it down" and Solaris is the strategic intent. They thought the ePeen guys would flock to S7 !!! What they didn't realize was that it "was the toxic farming and seal clubbing" that was the actual attraction of Faction Play. The power to "control" and make life a misery some really got off on.....

So, players who really liked the team work but abhorred the toxic behaviors left. There was no logical reason to stay and be abused every night... Faction Play is, to this day, a complete and absolute disaster.... You are now reaping what you've all sown......we voted with our keyboards and stopped spending and playing..... I seriously doubt it will be back as many of you want.... If I were the CEO, I would 100% gar-un-tee you it would not be back and if I had a reason to bring it back, there would not be teams > that four pilots.... Sorry.

#54 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:02 AM

View PostAsym, on 18 July 2018 - 05:33 AM, said:

Toxic players, blah blah blah. Something about if I were the CEO.

Dude,
It was the CEO (President actually) that made the effort to kill large teams (see unit tax)...which made a lot of folks leave the mode not “toxic teams”.

It was the CEO who dumped Nuclear Tom into the mode and was adamant for 9 months that it was “fine” despite everyone telling him it was a disaster. That made people leave not “toxic” teams.

It was the CEO’s elimination of actual faction play (see the one bucket solution) drove folks out too, not toxic teams.

It was the lack of decent rewards; it was the easily understood reality that being a true loyalist was in effect a punishment (level 20 now what?); it was tonnage imbalance; it was a lack of basic understanding of new players that this mode was probably not for them despite the warning sign; it was the lameness of the planetary rewards; it was the lack of immersion; it was the limited maps, it was the fluctuating state of balance as defined by the never ending cycle of OP mechs, UP mechs, their nerfs, and occasional buffs and the resulting everyone being on one side of the tech as a result of that crap state of affairs; it was the admitted extended periods of time where PGI gave CW zero development attention as admitted by Russ; it was the quick playification of the mode and calling it “major development”, etc. etc. etc. that drove people from the mode, not “toxic” teams.

Hell, frankly, it was the more “toxic” teams that made the mode fun. For some odd and inexplicable reason they too were driven from the mode. Hmm. I wish there was a possible explanation as to why so many left. Give me a sec. It’ll come to me.

#55 Daurock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:03 AM

Sadly, I'm not that interested anymore.

I REALLY wanted to like the mode. Larger, Longer, battles with more strategies appeal to me greatly. The Wave mechanic is unique to the mode, and I really wanted to see more of that. Making a Drop deck is an interesting, and appealing extension of making individual mechs, and I enjoy that as well.

However, like some have said, asking Me (and/or my half dozen RL friends that also occasionally play) to regularly face off against a full pre-made has made the mode un-fun enough that despite all the things i really like about the mode, I actively avoid it at this point. As I'm not interested in finding a large group of strangers to play with, My only option is to leave it alone. As long as the MM does not enforce large groups facing off with other large groups, I'm just not interested anymore.

Edited by Daurock, 18 July 2018 - 07:03 AM.

#56 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:29 PM

I wanted to post something about forum warriors that do not play MWO anymore, yet are very vocal and negative about any initiative to make the game better, but I decided to bite my tongue, it's not like PGI care after all.

#57 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:07 AM

Logged in just to take part in the poll.

I would love to like FP.

Improvements would need to be made.

Not sure there's still enough players left playing MWO to even bother with it.

If PGI brought the FP they originally announced during the "reveal", I think most players would enjoy it. I know I would.

#58 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:22 AM

Would like to play, but it needs more population. To get that it has to be a mode people want to play. Without a much needed overhaul it will stay as it is

#59 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:26 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 18 July 2018 - 06:02 AM, said:

Dude,
It was the CEO (President actually) that made the effort to kill large teams (see unit tax)...which made a lot of folks leave the mode not “toxic teams”.

It was the CEO who dumped Nuclear Tom into the mode and was adamant for 9 months that it was “fine” despite everyone telling him it was a disaster. That made people leave not “toxic” teams.

It was the CEO’s elimination of actual faction play (see the one bucket solution) drove folks out too, not toxic teams.

It was the lack of decent rewards; it was the easily understood reality that being a true loyalist was in effect a punishment (level 20 now what?); it was tonnage imbalance; it was a lack of basic understanding of new players that this mode was probably not for them despite the warning sign; it was the lameness of the planetary rewards; it was the lack of immersion; it was the limited maps, it was the fluctuating state of balance as defined by the never ending cycle of OP mechs, UP mechs, their nerfs, and occasional buffs and the resulting everyone being on one side of the tech as a result of that crap state of affairs; it was the admitted extended periods of time where PGI gave CW zero development attention as admitted by Russ; it was the quick playification of the mode and calling it “major development”, etc. etc. etc. that drove people from the mode, not “toxic” teams.

Hell, frankly, it was the more “toxic” teams that made the mode fun. For some odd and inexplicable reason they too were driven from the mode. Hmm. I wish there was a possible explanation as to why so many left. Give me a sec. It’ll come to me.

And, terrible, tactically stupid maps...

And, yes, to what you've said: I wasn't here until Feb of 2017 and the first unit I had quit the game and the second unit then, after CW patch, quit the game.... The second unit was due to toxic behaviors. The first unit because they realized in late 2016 that PGI was going to stop support for FP and head toward a more traditional FPS format (S7); and, here we are !

Truthfully, for a great many of us, it was the toxic game play. It's what we discussed and what drove us off. Literally - no joke.
I don't mind a challenge but, when people literally start threatening each other and start TK'ing each other: it's time to leave.

If I were the CEO, I'd take on the "large team" challenge and start by un-nerfing (a terrible use of words) all of the mechs and start over again based on what many SME know about lore and the beginnings. The maps would radically change as well as the missions. But, it's a bit late for what could have been me thinks.... MW5 is it and, it just may be all that is left supported....

One should be prepared for that eventuality.

#60 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 July 2018 - 02:00 AM

Tired of QP and Solaris?

Add me and try FP :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users