Fp Poll

Social Gameplay News

89 replies to this topic

Poll: FP's future (369 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you still interested in FP?

1. Sir, Yes, Sir! (188 votes [48.83%])

Percentage of vote: 48.83%

2. No, it is bad! (60 votes [15.58%])

Percentage of vote: 15.58%

3. Maybe, if (some) improvements are made (129 votes [33.51%])

Percentage of vote: 33.51%

4. Maybe, let me explain in thread (8 votes [2.08%])

Percentage of vote: 2.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Mech Nuggets

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts
  • LocationHalfway down in Curry Sauce

Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:58 AM

Buff Dropships!
I mean according to the Technical Readout a Leopard Dropship is supposed to have 3xLRM20, 2xPPC, 5xLL and 7xMed.
that alpha should wipe out anyone that dares to come close to the dropzone, and yet, I can walk to the dropzone shooting mechs that are dropping in fresh survinving three or four waves of dropships if I boogie off the DMG suffiecently.
Also view it from a "realistic" perspective. Picture yourself as the Pilot of the Dropship, flying towards the designated Drop Point, your Sensors pick up 12 heavily armored and weaponized hostiles lurking at the dropzone. You pic up the microphone of the intercom and call out to the Mech Pilots sitting in their Mechs: "Good Morning Mechwarriors, This is your Captain speaking, as we approach the dropzone you will feel turbulence incoming, don't worry those are just the Mechs that outnumber you three to one, They also appear to have full armor and are ready to fire. Expect no turrets, artillery fire or any other form of support. I know this may seem insane but the directive says to Git Gud. So while I open the bays and you drop to the ground I will hover for 30 seconds and chainfire my lasers on every target once to scratch some of their paint."
The Dropship currently is no valid asset, It only scares off mechs that are already heavily damaged, the pilot of a dropship should start firing as soon as he has a lock, raining on enemies lurking just outside the dropzone, it should focus enemies by most damaged to least, taking one mech out after the other. The Pilot should be doing everything in his power to make sure his Mechs land safely!
Picture the Commander talking to the Pilot in charge: "You did what?!? You deliberatly dropped an entire Lance of Mechs into an ambush? And then you fired one Laser at a time at 12 different targets? and after 30 seconds you left... Are you kidding me? You should be executed for assisting the enemy. Is this a game to you, do you think this is funny?"

Get rid of the Gate Generators!
Okay, gates need to be powered to open and close, I get it. But these gates have been designed to withstand enemy attacks. They are to protect the base from being raided. This is their sole purpose. The architect must've been high on crack or the officials just straight out mindless.
The Architect in the Sales-Meeting: "Okay, so here's my design. This gate is invincible, it can withstand any attack, not even a Longtom could destroy it!" The crowd goes wild, officials are screaming: "Shut up and take my money". The arcitect tries to say: "But there is one drawback, You have to place the Power Source near the gate!" again the officials scream "The gate is invincible!!! Shut up and take my money!" "But," the architect replies "when the power source becomes damaged the gate opens up" "The Gate itself is invincible tho, right?" "Uhm, Yes" "Shut up and take my money!"

Why? I don't get it! someone explain it to me please, Why can't the gate itself have the same hitpoints or more than the gen does? On every single map people have figured out how to open the gates without being shot to pieces, what started out as a good idea lost it's validity once the generator was placed outside the gate on Grim Portico.

So for the heck of immersion, Give the gates HP and get rid of those useless and unlogical generators. Electrical powered gates that open once there is a power shortage. Are you kidding me? they were installed to protect a orbital cannon..

#22 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:31 AM

View PostMech Nuggets, on 20 June 2018 - 01:58 AM, said:

Buff Dropships!
I mean according to the Technical Readout a Leopard Dropship is supposed to have 3xLRM20, 2xPPC, 5xLL and 7xMed.
that alpha should wipe out anyone that dares to come close to the dropzone, and yet, I can walk to the dropzone shooting mechs that are dropping in fresh survinving three or four waves of dropships if I boogie off the DMG suffiecently.
Also view it from a "realistic" perspective. Picture yourself as the Pilot of the Dropship, flying towards the designated Drop Point, your Sensors pick up 12 heavily armored and weaponized hostiles lurking at the dropzone. You pic up the microphone of the intercom and call out to the Mech Pilots sitting in their Mechs: "Good Morning Mechwarriors, This is your Captain speaking, as we approach the dropzone you will feel turbulence incoming, don't worry those are just the Mechs that outnumber you three to one, They also appear to have full armor and are ready to fire. Expect no turrets, artillery fire or any other form of support. I know this may seem insane but the directive says to Git Gud. So while I open the bays and you drop to the ground I will hover for 30 seconds and chainfire my lasers on every target once to scratch some of their paint."
The Dropship currently is no valid asset, It only scares off mechs that are already heavily damaged, the pilot of a dropship should start firing as soon as he has a lock, raining on enemies lurking just outside the dropzone, it should focus enemies by most damaged to least, taking one mech out after the other. The Pilot should be doing everything in his power to make sure his Mechs land safely!
Picture the Commander talking to the Pilot in charge: "You did what?!? You deliberatly dropped an entire Lance of Mechs into an ambush? And then you fired one Laser at a time at 12 different targets? and after 30 seconds you left... Are you kidding me? You should be executed for assisting the enemy. Is this a game to you, do you think this is funny?"

Okay, gates need to be powered to open and close, I get it. But these gates have been designed to withstand enemy attacks. They are to protect the base from being raided. This is their sole purpose. The architect must've been high on crack or the officials just straight out mindless.
The Architect in the Sales-Meeting: "Okay, so here's my design. This gate is invincible, it can withstand any attack, not even a Longtom could destroy it!" The crowd goes wild, officials are screaming: "Shut up and take my money". The arcitect tries to say: "But there is one drawback, You have to place the Power Source near the gate!" again the officials scream "The gate is invincible!!! Shut up and take my money!" "But," the architect replies "when the power source becomes damaged the gate opens up" "The Gate itself is invincible tho, right?" "Uhm, Yes" "Shut up and take my money!"

Why? I don't get it! someone explain it to me please, Why can't the gate itself have the same hitpoints or more than the gen does? On every single map people have figured out how to open the gates without being shot to pieces, what started out as a good idea lost it's validity once the generator was placed outside the gate on Grim Portico.

So for the heck of immersion, Give the gates HP and get rid of those useless and unlogical generators. Electrical powered gates that open once there is a power shortage. Are you kidding me? they were installed to protect a orbital cannon..

Thank you very much for your participation!

But please follow my wish from the first Post here:

"Please dont discuss WHICH improvements can be made in this Thread. For that i will start another one when the time is come."

#23 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:53 AM

I voted Yes ...... and maybe.

I think by now just about anyone that's read a post from me will realise that I only play QP if I REALLY REALLY have to for events and that CW/FW/FP is the main reason I still play this game after 6 years.

However..... lately I have found my interest waning and I get the impression that the sentiment is widespread throughout my circle of friends a fewer and fewer are showing up online. As a mode FP has H U G E potential but it diesn't even have to be grandiose to pull off the hatrick of being immersive, challenging AND fun. I can think of a few things that might pull this off but it would require work and is unlikely to happen. So the "maybe" is due to me wanting to hear what the Dev's have to offer

#24 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:46 AM

View PostMech Nuggets, on 20 June 2018 - 01:58 AM, said:

Buff Dropships!

Okay, gates need to be powered to open and close, I get it. But these gates have been designed to withstand enemy attacks. They are to protect the base from being raided. This is their sole purpose.

Dropships;

I would not mind seeing a few more weapons on Dropships, it makes sense pretty much all around. However, how would you get teams to not just sit there after things go bad - or even just sit there in some modes, and use the DZ as a safety blanket?

Everyone knows it would happen...

Dropship turn's it's weapons on them for cowardice? No more friendly drops unitl DZ clear of enemies?

Gate Gens;

Yea, never been 100% behind gate gens, but see the purpose/intent they are meant to serve. IF there were to be a change, I would rather see them stay and the function they serve but add the ability to destroy the gates themselves. Dramatically increase HP so the Gates are the 'easy but slow' way and gen destruction is the 'harder but quicker' way. Two options each with a plus and minus, a balance.

#25 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:56 AM

CW/FW is the only mode that's at least halfways acceptable, so my answer is an ERPPC-supported SIR YES SIR .

#26 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:58 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 20 June 2018 - 02:31 AM, said:

"Please dont discuss WHICH improvements can be made in this Thread. For that i will start another one when the time is come."

Well then, let us await the next thread.

~Leone.

#27 Mech Nuggets

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:44 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 20 June 2018 - 09:46 AM, said:

Dropships;

I would not mind seeing a few more weapons on Dropships, it makes sense pretty much all around. However, how would you get teams to not just sit there after things go bad - or even just sit there in some modes, and use the DZ as a safety blanket?

easy... complete the objective

#28 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:47 AM

View PostMech Nuggets, on 20 June 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

There is no reward for "completing the objective" though. I want my loyalty points, man. A game where I do the objective, and that's it, nets me like 300-500 points. A game where we all kill the enemy team nets me twice that.

Also, I really don't like sitting around waiting 10 minutes for a game to start, for it to end in 5 minutes of play. I'd prefer the enemy put up a fight, but if not, I'm going to farm them.

#29 Mech Nuggets

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:25 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 20 June 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

There is no reward for "completing the objective" though. I want my loyalty points, man. A game where I do the objective, and that's it, nets me like 300-500 points. A game where we all kill the enemy team nets me twice that.

Also, I really don't like sitting around waiting 10 minutes for a game to start, for it to end in 5 minutes of play. I'd prefer the enemy put up a fight, but if not, I'm going to farm them.

nah, farming sucks, on both ends... I'd rather drop quicker again and get a real fight, than clubbing seals to stroke my epeen

#30 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:56 PM

View PostMech Nuggets, on 20 June 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

nah, farming sucks, on both ends... I'd rather drop quicker again and get a real fight, than clubbing seals to stroke my epeen

Posted Image

#31 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

I try to play FP every day

mostly so I know what I am taking
it basically sucks pretty bad

it seem to be where PGI wants it to be
so like the try hards say suck it up butter cup

#32 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:52 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 20 June 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

it basically sucks pretty bad

I'm sad to hear that. Usually you can get at least some enjoyable matches within a week.

What sucks in your opinion exactly? A short sum up would be nice.

#33 Lances107

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:50 PM

Faction play is the core of MWO, and it is where the best of the best hash it out. When you have two units who know what they are doing meet up, the fights can get intense fast, and move very fast. To the point where any mistakes will get you killed. I have fought the headhunters of Davion, defeated them, and they have defeated my unit from time to time. I have also fought Evil with the same results. These were tough fights that always forced me to improve my game.

More to the point the events in faction play need allot of work. Tharkad being at the top of my list. I fought hard for a whole week with my unit, by the end, we were all worn out. The good end we took second best Jade falcon unit, and barely missed the first place. None the less we still missed the mark. The event was a stat sheet grind fest of faction play. For such an important event in faction play, you would think an intense unique map would be developed for it? Where is the Jade Falcon vrs Clan Wolf q for such an event? The faction play is not messed up in my opinion, I think its decently balanced at this point and time, but if they want people to take an interest. Then the events need to be more than a simple stat sheet. I know many pilots who would gear up if Jade Falcon was to take on Clan wolf in the q via faction play, via an event. If it comes down to population, you do not have to make it a week long ordeal. Tharkad does not have the population issue, so to me there is no excuse on that end. One last thing.

The idea that fp should be soloed needs to die. As I said this is where the best units meet up. Players should be informed that it is best to join a unit, learn the game, and then take on faction play. I have seen too many bad ideas trying to turn fp into qp. The thoughts of one player.

#34 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:48 PM

I voted yes and maybe.

(Not sure you intended that to be possible with the poll Bishop but there is a second setting for the poll to allow multiple votes or not)

I would like to play FP more but I just don't find it interesting enough in it's current format so I only go there on occasion to get a different variety of matches.
It's not a balance thing for me it's about the depth of the mode offering more than Quick Play.
I'd like to be engaged and immersed in it.
Feel like there is something more than just 4 mechs instead of 1 per match.

I might start playing MWO more regularly again if there was.

#35 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:50 PM

I posted this in the other similar thread too, but wlll also post it here, cose' I think it has merit..

I have been literally saying this for years.. Faction Play needs to be "campaign mode" while QP needs to be "arcade mode" - not by name, but by how they are treated..

Right now, QP is main course, and FP is main course with dropdecks..

Here are, yet again, a few suggestions on how FP should be:

1) Factions must be distinctive - Certain mechs available only to certain factions at normal prices - all other factions have to buy on black market at higher prices

2) Planets must have value - logistics, supply lines, mech factories - all to help lower mech and weapon prices and availability. Holding planets must have value. Loosing planets must be felt by everybody in that faction.

3) Loyalist vs. Mercenary vs. Freelancer must be a serious tradeoff in terms of not just match rewards, but mech availability, prices, and event availability.

4) There needs to be much much more immersion - we need to feel that we are a part of an interstellar war.. not an e-sport arcade shooter. Give us news from the front, give us famous heroes, celebrity faces and frequent special missions.

5) IS vs IS and Clan vs. Clan combat needs to be a thing.

6) Disband all units - focus on factions. Open dedicated Faction VOIP servers and TS servers - In-game. No more Evil, CWI, 12DG.. only Clan Wolf, Steiner and such..

7) Add proper tutorials for FP, with how to play, good strategies, and training.

8) Make the maps and map rotation make sense... If a frozen planet is being attacked, don't drop us on Vitric.. Also, make attack phases make sense, and be immersive.

9) Raid events - Make events that are a few days long, and effect the war effort, have a clear objective (like taking a valuable planet, or destroying it's mech factory ect.), and have the results of that raid have an impact on the factions involved. (Like if a planet with a mech factory producing Atlases got leveled, Atlas prices are 10% more expensive for a week).

10) Make more FP-only maps.. don't make them totally one-sided like or impossible to win on like Vitric.. Add other objectives other than taking out Omega. Space cannons are not the only important thing when attacking a planet.. Make us hunt for VIPs, disrupt supply routes, take out bridges, factories, or space ports.

11) No Ghost drops - if no players join to oppose attackers, fill the ranks with A.I. controlled opposition - possibly including tanks, aerospace and other assets besides mechs.

12) Faction leadership sponsored by PGI - hire people who will take on famous celebrity leadership roles, like Melissa Steiner, Victor Davion or the clan Khans. Make them manage factions, pick attack routes based on popular vote, and help new players. Make their presence in-game visible and useful. Make them drop-command.

13) If one side reaches objective, like if the clans win Terra or IS takes a clan homeworld - season ends, and there is a loud, obvious announcement, special event and rewards, and only after you publicly acknowledge the result, then you can reset the map.

Edited by Vellron2005, 20 June 2018 - 11:56 PM.

#36 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:33 AM

View Post50 50, on 20 June 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

I voted yes and maybe.

(Not sure you intended that to be possible with the poll Bishop but there is a second setting for the poll to allow multiple votes or not)

I would like to play FP more but I just don't find it interesting enough in it's current format so I only go there on occasion to get a different variety of matches.
It's not a balance thing for me it's about the depth of the mode offering more than Quick Play.
I'd like to be engaged and immersed in it.
Feel like there is something more than just 4 mechs instead of 1 per match.

I might start playing MWO more regularly again if there was.

Thank you Sir!

My opinion is similiar to yours. I wanted that people can vote mutliple, because there can be multiple reasons for opinions (and i have no idea what i am doing^^).

View PostVellron2005, on 20 June 2018 - 11:50 PM, said:

I posted this in the other similar thread too, but wlll also post it here, cose' I think it has merit..

I have been literally saying this for years.. Faction Play needs to be "campaign mode" while QP needs to be "arcade mode" - not by name, but by how they are treated..

Right now, QP is main course, and FP is main course with dropdecks..

Here are, yet again, a few suggestions on how FP should be:

1) Factions must be distinctive - Certain mechs available only to certain factions at normal prices - all other factions have to buy on black market at higher prices

2) Planets must have value - logistics, supply lines, mech factories - all to help lower mech and weapon prices and availability. Holding planets must have value. Loosing planets must be felt by everybody in that faction.

3) Loyalist vs. Mercenary vs. Freelancer must be a serious tradeoff in terms of not just match rewards, but mech availability, prices, and event availability.

4) There needs to be much much more immersion - we need to feel that we are a part of an interstellar war.. not an e-sport arcade shooter. Give us news from the front, give us famous heroes, celebrity faces and frequent special missions.

5) IS vs IS and Clan vs. Clan combat needs to be a thing.

6) Disband all units - focus on factions. Open dedicated Faction VOIP servers and TS servers - In-game. No more Evil, CWI, 12DG.. only Clan Wolf, Steiner and such..

7) Add proper tutorials for FP, with how to play, good strategies, and training.

8) Make the maps and map rotation make sense... If a frozen planet is being attacked, don't drop us on Vitric.. Also, make attack phases make sense, and be immersive.

9) Raid events - Make events that are a few days long, and effect the war effort, have a clear objective (like taking a valuable planet, or destroying it's mech factory ect.), and have the results of that raid have an impact on the factions involved. (Like if a planet with a mech factory producing Atlases got leveled, Atlas prices are 10% more expensive for a week).

10) Make more FP-only maps.. don't make them totally one-sided like or impossible to win on like Vitric.. Add other objectives other than taking out Omega. Space cannons are not the only important thing when attacking a planet.. Make us hunt for VIPs, disrupt supply routes, take out bridges, factories, or space ports.

11) No Ghost drops - if no players join to oppose attackers, fill the ranks with A.I. controlled opposition - possibly including tanks, aerospace and other assets besides mechs.

12) Faction leadership sponsored by PGI - hire people who will take on famous celebrity leadership roles, like Melissa Steiner, Victor Davion or the clan Khans. Make them manage factions, pick attack routes based on popular vote, and help new players. Make their presence in-game visible and useful. Make them drop-command.

13) If one side reaches objective, like if the clans win Terra or IS takes a clan homeworld - season ends, and there is a loud, obvious announcement, special event and rewards, and only after you publicly acknowledge the result, then you can reset the map.

Thank you for your participation!

I see it is like always difficult for people to focus on the red line.

I dont want suggestions in this Thread because:

1. Overview to complicated
2. in case PGI read this here i want structure between the topics: Motivation, Suggestions and official statements.

But i am doing Dropcalls, so i am used to be flexible with the behaviour of my teammates Posted Image

So, i will gather up all ideas from this Thread to transfer it to another one i will open soon.

I thought about a certain structure of this soon coming suggestions Thread (because german things). This structure should be help us and PGI to be productive.

I keep running like Forest Gump:

https://twitter.com/...737433884348416

Edited by Bishop Six, 21 June 2018 - 02:00 AM.

#37 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:28 AM

CALL TO ARMS !!!! KAMERADEN IN DIE SCHLACHT !!!

https://mwomercs.com...s-need-support/

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE !!!!

#38 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:59 AM

View PostMech Nuggets, on 20 June 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

Ok, so, farm them in the DZ.

Fine with me.

Easy.

#39 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:23 PM

maybe if dinosaurs are added

#40 Lances107

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:26 PM

Vellron2005

Units should never be disbanded, it is because of my unit, I was able to improve my game. Units also allow the collection of specific players. The unit I am in is all Jade Falcon. Some of what you said I agree with but I am not sure how much of it is realistic. At this point, I would settle for them just to get events right, instead of making events stat sheets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users