125 replies to this topic

#41 Press Play On Tape

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 35 posts
  • LocationGenova, Italy

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:31 AM

Mega prizes for a total useless game mode.
Proud to be illegible. Posted Image

#42 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:34 AM

View PostPain G0D, on 28 June 2018 - 02:50 AM, said:

Guess we all grinding Solaris now huh ? XD

LOL.

NO!

#43 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:56 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 28 June 2018 - 02:26 AM, said:

Someone took their over-sensitive pills this morning. I wasn't "looking down" with "shallow categories"... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were unaware and/or forgot about Russ calling everyone #cheapskates and then APOLGISED FOR DOING IT just over 12 months ago - That is what I was referencing there...

If you do have 500 mechs and are somehow space-poor. Good for you. Why? Because if you go back and actually look at what I suggested, you're better off no matter what. There are already 4-5 people saying GXP is preferred which is kinda summing up my point perfectly.

No idea why you had to take the discussion to a personal level in the first place. I did not do that. It is not a good thing to do with a discussion, ever.

I just voiced my opinion on the matter, as did you. In no way did I mention your contribution or even tried to disprove it. Apparently I play the game in a different way to you. This does not make my position less valid, even if it does not seem to be the opinion of the majority, at least at the moment.

I know all about Russ and his unfortunate statements. They do not excuse your usage of them and you assuming what my position is without any facts to support your assumption. It was uncalled for. Also, using his statements kind of brings you down to his level of speech, do you really want to do that?

I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt and believe that you did not do that on purpose this time... but please, consider how you lay out your arguments in the future.

I see you mostly as a constructive member of the community coming up with some great ideas and suggestions, as seen above. Thank you for all that. Please continue doing what you do. Can we just please avoid situations like this, they are highly unnecessary...

#44 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:56 AM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 27 June 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

Not sure, don't want to re-configure my Centurion once again for this failed and boring mode...

theres this majical new thing pgi added to the game last patch, lets you save builds and load different ones.

To all the people complaining queue times are terrible.......... I dont know what timezone your playing but I play solaris in Oceanic / Asia Pacific Evening, The quietest time of 24 hour day for population in the game, as long as I sit in the queue, instead of looking for other people to queue against I get drops at worst every 4 minutes...... too many looking not enough queing.

I also think 5 different Solaris 7 titles would be nice depending on how well you did.

#45 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:10 AM

Also, when a EU selected region player fights a Oceanic selected region player, you REALLY NEED TO PLEASE put that fight on the NA server..... leave the rest as they are.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 28 June 2018 - 05:11 AM.

#46 Hellfire666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:17 AM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 27 June 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

"Hmm, those rewards look pretty, perhaps trying getting back to top 500?"

*Goes to Solaris.

*Sees 0 queue.

*Wasting time sitting on queue for 20 min.

*Quietly goes back to Quick Play.

Well, at least I am still under top 2000, if that means anything at this point.

This is me every time I swing in to check it out. Can't get rewards on a game mode nobody plays. Such a waste of a years worth of dev time. So many other issues could have been addressed instead.

#47 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:10 AM

View PostHellfire666, on 28 June 2018 - 05:17 AM, said:

Such a waste of a years worth of dev time. So many other issues could have been addressed instead.

^This^ x 10k

Edited by Mighty Spike, 28 June 2018 - 08:22 AM.

#48 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:18 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 27 June 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

Actually pretty generous considering it is per division, not just overall.

People, you do realize if you do over 200 damage that counts as 100 match score for the grab bag...according to my research. Can say that 189 damage on a loss did not, nor did 156 on a win (PIR vs my Nova Cat).

This is based on Solaris rankings, it's not a match score-based loot bag event.

View PostDee Eight, on 27 June 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

MAYBE if they'd announced this at the start of Solaris it would have kept players interest... hardly worth my time now after not bothering with it again since the second week of it being available.

Big agreemence, I wanted to enjoy Solaris but the ten to twenty minutes of staring at the timer only to give up and go back to QP has destroyed the mode for me.

#49 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:34 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 28 June 2018 - 03:08 AM, said:

Give me credits to buy bolt ons and i would play solaris a lot more.

Some random bolt on for something i might not even own in a supply cash isn't cutting it.

BIG AGREEMENCE

Also how come there is no inventory tab for bolt-ons?

I have bolt-ons but there is no goddamned way I am going to go through various menus, mech by mech, looking for them.

#50 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:34 AM

Why for Solaris and not for CW? CW got resetted..and nobody got anything...

#51 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:54 AM

View PostOmniseed, on 28 June 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

I've been doing a bit of solaris today to get into the top 500 in divisions, and you do indeed get loot bags from solaris. Just do 200+ damage and you're guaranteed it.

#52 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:15 PM

View PostOmniseed, on 28 June 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

I was just making a point to those that might be interested in upper their status on the ranks to be eligible for the GXP awards that they also can get the grab bags while the event is going on. I see you and a number other are not even interested, that is fine. The statement is for those that might be interested.

#53 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:16 PM

I have to agree with wasting time on solaris. Many bugs and issues could have been solved ... but when people smell money ...

Edited by Calebos, 28 June 2018 - 12:17 PM.

#54 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:28 PM

These rewards are for both solo leaderboards and the 2v2 group leaderboards. Rewards will stack.

As for inquiries about the GXP rewards being limited to the ranks below top 100, this was decided to allow the lower ranked players experiment further with min/maxing their 'Mech Skills and perhaps help them improve in the next Solaris season.

#55 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:34 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 28 June 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

These rewards are for both solo leaderboards and the 2v2 group leaderboards. Rewards will stack.

As for inquiries about the GXP rewards being limited to the ranks below top 100, this was decided to allow the lower ranked players experiment further with min/maxing their 'Mech Skills and perhaps help them improve in the next Solaris season.

Thanks for clarification of the 2v2. More GXP for me!!!

So does that mean you guys aren't going to revisit GXP? It's pretty important to a fair few as they've posted so far... Honestly I'd rather not be in the top 100 at all as GXP is just _that_ much better overall than a few million cbills which you can earn in an hour of grinding it some MC you can get from a weekend event. It's almost a demotivating reward structure.

#56 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:52 PM

Its a sad day when the players can set out a better rewards table then the pgi dev team. Dont care if I get in trouble, sometimes the true hurts. Ash is 100% correct on this matter, GXP is king.

#57 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:27 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 28 June 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

No.

I am Top 100 in Divisions 1, 3, 4, and 5.

With my current mech collection I will need 4,675,809 GXP to finish skilling all of my mechs. I also need GXP to immediately skill up mechs for competative play. This means XP is worth a premium to me. By having a backwards reward system I am required to throw of matches in order to get the rewards I want, which goes completely against the spirit of Solaris, and not only disrupts my experience, but the experience of everyone I'm matched up against.

I will throw matches to get the rewards I want if this is not corrected.

Edited by Alcom Isst, 28 June 2018 - 02:17 PM.

#58 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:37 PM

View PostRhialto, on 27 June 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Dang I quit playing Solaris but maybe I should have a look if any is close to Top 500 to score a warhorn...

Quoting myself... haha! So I took a look and I have a division where I'm at 518... I will wait a bit and see if it goes below 500 by itself with all the players now trying to rush a place in any top.

Hey Tina, read your PMs! You're late!

#59 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:21 PM

Also when does Season 1 end Tina?

It is like QP and it is start of the month or it is patch day mid month?

I'd assume start of the month inline with QP... but Solaris didnt start at the start of the month and I cannot find any information about it anywhere.

#60 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:08 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 28 June 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

Also when does Season 1 end Tina?

Top left of the Solaris main menu.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic