125 replies to this topic

#61 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:13 PM

Oh right. Didn't realise that was there! Thanks.

#62 SpessMarine

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:42 PM

I briefly broke top 100 in a division, but I stopped playing after the matchqueue-pocalypse. Do we have to actually maintain our rank to be eligible for the reward?

#63 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

I would rather get 250,000 GXP than the 3rd place 1000 MC reward.

And I am pretty sure I wont be getting better than top 10 in any div.

If you dont rebalance rewards to give top finishers gxp/gsp there are going to be a LOT of ties in the next month and very pissed off people sitting in games for 10 mins chatting with each other about what they think of pgi . Waiting for the tie so they both lose ssr trying to try to get out of the top 100, you will have 3 people with 2000 SSR then everyone else fighting to get BELOW 1700.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 28 June 2018 - 04:49 PM.

#64 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:10 PM

Can PGI find another model for the solaris competition match maker? I feel it is unfair to group assaults, heavies, mediums, and lights in the same division. I am mostly a medium pilot and manage to put down a few heavies and assaults, but I feel I would have enjoyed solaris and ranked higher if the divisions were ranked by weight class.

#65 Krasnopesky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:06 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 28 June 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

These rewards are for both solo leaderboards and the 2v2 group leaderboards. Rewards will stack.

As for inquiries about the GXP rewards being limited to the ranks below top 100, this was decided to allow the lower ranked players experiment further with min/maxing their 'Mech Skills and perhaps help them improve in the next Solaris season.

At least let us choose the GXP reward if we are above rank 100. I am above 100 in almost every division both 1v1 and 2v2, I don't want to have to tank my elo just to get a lower reward that I actually want.

#66 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:40 PM

Anyone looking for 2v2 for 25 games. Hopefully there is a solaris 2v2 event b4 end of season. Looking to get top 500 not top 100

#67 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:12 PM

These rewards are for both solo leaderboards and the 2v2 group leaderboards. Rewards will stack.

As for inquiries about the GXP rewards being limited to the ranks below top 100, this was decided to allow the lower ranked players experiment further with min/maxing their 'Mech Skills and perhaps help them improve in the next Solaris season.

Thank you for the clarification, but the GXP reward is far more valuable than any reward offered. At the current GXP conversion rate, it costs 12,500 MC to convert 250,000 XP to GXP. I have several mechs I use for faction play or comp play, which are terrible for quick play. Having a "shortcut" to skill them up faster without having to smash my head against the quick play wall is very valuable. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

By not giving the 250,000 GXP reward to higher tiers (you don't even have to give more to higher tiers, 250,000 is a lot) you're basically telling everyone to throw matches so they can get to the rewards tier they want.

#68 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:14 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 27 June 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

MAYBE if they'd announced this at the start of Solaris it would have kept players interest... hardly worth my time now after not bothering with it again since the second week of it being available.

they did announce it when Solaris started.

#69 Leidulfr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:15 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 28 June 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

I would rather get 250,000 GXP than the 3rd place 1000 MC reward.

And I am pretty sure I wont be getting better than top 10 in any div.

If you dont rebalance rewards to give top finishers gxp/gsp there are going to be a LOT of ties in the next month and very pissed off people sitting in games for 10 mins chatting with each other about what they think of pgi . Waiting for the tie so they both lose ssr trying to try to get out of the top 100, you will have 3 people with 2000 SSR then everyone else fighting to get BELOW 1700.

View PostEisenhorne, on 28 June 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

Thank you for the clarification, but the GXP reward is far more valuable than any reward offered. At the current GXP conversion rate, it costs 12,500 MC to convert 250,000 XP to GXP. I have several mechs I use for faction play or comp play, which are terrible for quick play. Having a "shortcut" to skill them up faster without having to smash my head against the quick play wall is very valuable. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

By not giving the 250,000 GXP reward to higher tiers (you don't even have to give more to higher tiers, 250,000 is a lot) you're basically telling everyone to throw matches so they can get to the rewards tier they want.

View PostIts my first day, on 27 June 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

Posted Image

Edited by Leidulfr, 28 June 2018 - 11:18 PM.

#70 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:43 AM

Where are all the people throwing matches to lower their rank? I could really use some of that elo but i've been getting rekt pretty hard today getting to my 25 game minimum haHAA

#71 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:09 AM

View Postdr3dnought, on 29 June 2018 - 12:43 AM, said:

Where are all the people throwing matches to lower their rank? I could really use some of that elo but i've been getting rekt pretty hard today getting to my 25 game minimum haHAA

I am waiting till the end of their working day friday, which is my Saturday Afternoon, so about 18 hours from now.... Hoping they will see reason, that a " and all rewards below" system is the only system that will work (obviously reduced the amounts of the higher rewards to balance out "an all rewards below" system)

Edited by Cadoazreal, 29 June 2018 - 01:12 AM.

#72 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:33 AM

View PostCadoazreal, on 29 June 2018 - 01:09 AM, said:

I am waiting till the end of their working day friday, which is my Saturday Afternoon, so about 18 hours from now.... Hoping they will see reason, that a " and all rewards below" system is the only system that will work (obviously reduced the amounts of the higher rewards to balance out "an all rewards below" system)

I wouldn't get that hasty. Like wait until Solaris has a few days or a week left, wait to see if PGI to fix the Solaris rewards that encourage you to sabotage your rankings before you sabotage your rankings.

I absolutely have too much faith in this game but man do I hope. Posted Image

#73 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:52 AM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 29 June 2018 - 01:33 AM, said:

I wouldn't get that hasty. Like wait until Solaris has a few days or a week left, wait to see if PGI to fix the Solaris rewards that encourage you to sabotage your rankings before you sabotage your rankings.

I absolutely have too much faith in this game but man do I hope. Posted Image

I have 3 accounts to tank "try new builds on", if this doesnt change.

It will take 14 days at least, 18 days left in season. Either PGI update this their Friday work day or they better not change it after ive "tried new builds in the last 17 days"

Edited by Cadoazreal, 29 June 2018 - 06:20 AM.

#74 banana peel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:38 AM

In that case, can i officially require to downgrade all my possible Solaris7 rewards to the top-500 listed in the original post? (will send respective e-mail to support and Paul, if nothing changes)

At the start of the season i didnt realy care for rewards (the magnitude of them). But i certantly wasnt ready to get smaller rewards than people below me in the rankings.

I really want GXP. But losing matches on purpose isnt an option for me. I'd rather quit the gamemode altogether.

Edited by banana peel, 29 June 2018 - 02:39 AM.

#75 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:26 AM

I really enjoyed Solaris for the first 2 weeks. PGI let it die with the worst implementation. They did not adjust the Divisions nearly enough to shake up the STALE STALE Meta in each division. Then they added in a 3 minute timer to make the place a boring ghost town. Just a couple lost souls roaming around for a victim hapless enough to wander in.

#76 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:08 AM

Disagree about GXP.
I'm still sitting on thousands of HSP, and +500k GXP and have hundreds of mechs and more arriving every month, plus its summer so like so many others just not on gaming as much.
Still try to play maybe a couple hours a day and just need cbills for light engines and other parts. Compounding this is I very-rarely sell any inventory because sometimes stuff comes in handy again and selling for half price then grinding later to rebuy is 2 steps forward and 1 step back (imo).

So I prefer the idea to choose either gxp or cbills as someone already mentioned.

Or... how about PGI adds a player-to-player trade system so we can auction off some GXP for CBills and vise versa? Posted Image

Never bothered with solaris and there's a lot of comments about super long wait times which isn't encouraging... :/

Having a 3 minute blank wall doesn't help, need some indicator in game of how many players joined in the last hour. Maybe have a 24 hour history showing every hour how many players that attempted to join to at least give us an idea of the best times to try?
Note: I wrote attempted to join, it does not necessarily mean they were successful in getting a match, also same player attempting again should not be added until at least 10 minutes have passed since their previous attempt to stymie exploitation.
Purpose is to give some idea of the best times to try Solaris.

Edited by Max Rickson, 29 June 2018 - 07:09 AM.

#77 Borg 4

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:25 AM

Im in agreement with all those who said that having no gxp for the top 100 is a problem. Gxp helps players avoid the long grinding sessions that new mechs require, grinding for xp and paying the over 4million c-bill cost to skill out a mech is really a drag, especially at the beginning, when it is hard to do much in a mech with no skill points. Better players would rather have gxp than other stuff, because it is a timesaver. ive seen good players throwing games a lot lately to drop their rank so they can get the gxp rewards. The reward structure should encourage players to do their best and be compeditive, not throw games in order to earn a timesaver. The higher the rank, the higher the gxp reward should be!

#78 GBxGhostRyder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:37 AM

Unless they change the format too
lights Vs lights
Mediums Vs Mediums
Heavy's Vs Heavy's
Assaults Vs Assaults

For divisions I'm not wasting my time playing Solaris 7 no matter the rewards you wait forever for matches and a light with a crappola load of machine guns kills you in like 5 seconds when your in a medium heavy OR ASSAULT so no thanks ill stick with QP until they ever get around to fixing FP.

#79 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:05 AM

View PostMax Rickson, on 29 June 2018 - 07:08 AM, said:

and +500k GXP and have hundreds of mechs and more arriving every month, plus its summer so like so many others just not on gaming as much.

Do you know how much GXP it costs to skill a mech to 91pts? Or rather 120pts which is more commonly needed based on balance/comp/queue differences?

72,000GXP / 96,000GXP

Hence 250,000GXP. While not going 'that far', is pretty important to many that have outlined this view so far.

#80 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:17 PM

All the folks that say they want divisions divided by weight class should reconsider. Doing that would make the meta issue MUCH worse. Better to give higher rewards to players that pilot less used mechs in their division, a rarity bonus if you want.

(Ps.: The fact that this forum's spellcheck still says 'mech' was wrong is ridiculous.)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users