#81 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 29 June 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

(Ps.: The fact that this forum's spellcheck still says 'mech' was wrong is ridiculous.)

I'm pretty sure the spellchecker is just a feature of the web browser on text edit windows, not a feature of the website itself.

#82 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:57 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 29 June 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

Do you know how much GXP it costs to skill a mech to 91pts? Or rather 120pts which is more commonly needed based on balance/comp/queue differences?

72,000GXP / 96,000GXP

Hence 250,000GXP. While not going 'that far', is pretty important to many that have outlined this view so far.

First off you are under the mistaken impression that I am new to MWO, yet I'm not. (Formerly Akillius since 2013)
Also like the vast majority of the playerbase, I don't visit the forums very often.

I've already outlined why GXP is irrelevant to some players.
So in addition to my previous comment, I've a horde of GSP thanks to the 1:1 cbills-module renege by PGI.
All those Modules given as early adopter rewards, event items, purchased with cbills, etc... all turned into GSP.
Its true that GSP don't cost any cbills, hsp, xp, nor gxp and 1 GSP equals 1 skill point.
However dropping 91 GSP on a mech just takes the challenge and fun out of MWO and the game looses purpose to some extent. At one point some mechs got 239 skill nodes unlocked just because GSP is like grains of sand and for the lols.
As a result after some trial and error I now only put 25 GSP = 25 SP on each and every new mech, then put on my +5% XP Hanging and Standing items and farm the rest of the SP. And the XP can be easily converted to GXP for just a little MC.

So like others who've posted here. No I do not care about GXP, only CBills, for my own purpose which just happens to be more in line with new players needs and that is why PGI should consider one of my previous suggestions, preferably the ability to choose between either GXP or CBills.

Additionally it appears that in this topic you've started patronizing anyone with a differing opinion on this GXP issue of yours.
Hopefully you can return to your previous disposition of constructive commentary, creating suggestion topics, and attempting to help new players on occasion.

No need to reply, I rarely return to any topic I've replied to since I rarely check the forums and no forum notifications.

#83 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:29 PM

It seems, that you too, missed the clear statement that -overall- everyone was better off and it covers both sides of the coin in terms of what players might want or value as important.

I'd suggest you look up the actual meaning of patronising. I simply asked a question.

#84 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:50 PM

3rd
3rd in Division Decal
(and all Decal rewards below)
1000 MC
12,500,000 C-Bills
- Champion Warhorn

- Solaris Season 1 Warhorn
Top 10
Top 10 in Division Decal
500 MC
8,000,000 C-Bills
Top 25

Top 25 in Division
(and all Decal rewards below)
250 MC
6,000,000 C-Bills

Maybe we weren't clear enough in earlier posts, can someone spot whats missing

Edited by Cadoazreal, 29 June 2018 - 07:50 PM.

#85 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:59 PM

2v2 won't take off for Solaris until there's a PUG version of it. Requiring 2v2 to use the totally-ignorable in-game "friends" system eliminates most of the playerbase.

#86 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:33 PM

general experience points in my experience are more valuable than mc.

100MC is the equivalent of 2500 general experience points, or 250000 gxp is worth 10000mc if you want to pay to play.

100mc is not even a whole mech bay on a half price sale. 250000 mech xp at about 2000xp per game takes 125 games to earn, which is something like 20 hours of game play.

To buy a mech bay I have to turn up at work for less than 5 minutes, i can't just buy experience, i have to grind that or spend more if i wanted to buy them from mech xp -> gxp, consequently GXP is the best prize in the game for me because time is money.

Course i don't really care cause i'm not even in the top 5000 in any solaris category, lol.

Edited by Laser Kiwi, 30 June 2018 - 04:34 PM.

#87 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:36 PM

That's a nice trolling PGI. 11/10. When I first read about GXP I thought: hey, I will play some matches in each division and get alot of GXP, finally PGI is doing something decent with rewards. But it all were dreams....

#88 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 01:36 AM

huh ?

#89 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 02:59 AM

People seams to have come back to Solaris. When the prizes where anounced I was at ~8000, now I am about ~13.000 ?!

#90 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:47 AM

Man, shouldn't there have been some Solaris events?
I freaking all but forgot about Solaris like a month after it dropped.

Might be back into it now that they finally allowed us to load/save loadouts/STs....

Those rewards look $$$.

Whats the conversion rate from GXP to chassis XP for skill points?

#91 LadyKayBee

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:46 AM

after the July Patch on July 17th!

Hellfire says it's being released on the 24th. Has the patch date changed, then?

Edited by LadyKayBee, 01 July 2018 - 09:57 AM.

#92 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:10 PM

Can we please fix the exit solaris queue bug that causes a permanent cancelling circle that you have to alt f4 to get rid of

#93 J O B

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:56 PM

Only played Solaris for one day when it came out. Tried it again after the awards announcement. Tried three different times on three different days. Ghost town. Just sat watching the clock in queue. Half hour at a time. The four times I found anyone else to play it was a Solaris vet happy to find a victim. So wait a half hour to have my as handed to me. No thanks. Pgi wasted so many resource rolling this thing out instead of fixing just about anything else. What a shame.

#94 Beadhanger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 115 posts
  • LocationBösensell

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:39 PM

Would be appreciated if you could state that 2v2 is also eligible in the announcement for the event.

#95 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:24 PM

View PostBeadhanger, on 02 July 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

Would be appreciated if you could state that 2v2 is also eligible in the announcement for the event.

They did, you can get rewards for 2v2. good luck actually finding enough matches to get the 25 minimum though, place is a ghost town.

#96 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:34 AM

Question: Do you need 25 games in all 14 Divisions for qualifining in all?
Do your position will bee adjusted when other player do not meet the 25 games rule or do you get acc your position and those who are below 25 just don t get the stuff?

#97 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:19 PM

I would play more if the weight class in each division wasn't all over place, I get tiered of facing 100 ton assaults in Roughnecks and Warhammers or having Piranhas and Mist Lynxes hiding from my Assault mech.

I hope this gives PGI enough numbers to rework the Divisions into something more sane.

#98 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:01 PM

View PostKinski Orlawisch, on 03 July 2018 - 02:34 AM, said:

Do your position will bee adjusted when other player do not meet the 25 games rule or do you get acc your position and those who are below 25 just don t get the stuff?

Most likely it's a double condition. Dormant players won't get any rewards, while active players (25+ matches) will have to get past dormant players' positions for placement rewards.

#99 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:28 PM

View PostKinski Orlawisch, on 03 July 2018 - 02:34 AM, said:

Yes, as I understand it you will need 25 games in each division to qualify for each division given they are division-based rewards.

Will it be adjusted to 'add in' anyone without 25 games and then applied and rewards re-distributed accordingly? Who knows, I would say that is probably going to be an oversight and/or too hard basket based on past things. So you'll have to 'plan' for that, so to speak depending on what rewards you might want.

That said I did 10 games in the last couple of days (needed 10 for a couple Divs), got myself into top 500 for the juicy GXP. Be warned though, if you go 25-0 or even 20-5, that will most certainly mean you'll end up in the top 100 and miss out on that GXP, which is seems most people are chasing ;)

View Postarcana75, on 04 July 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

Most likely it's a double condition. Dormant players won't get any rewards, while active players (25+ matches) will have to get past dormant players' positions for placement rewards.

I honestly don't think it will work like that... One because PGI haven't clarified yet and two, it means extra work. It's easier just to top search "top 500 <25 games" and apply a reward than delete those out and then recalculate the standings.

I mean it would be amazing if PGI are going to go that far... But yeah, I just don't think it'll happen.

#100 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:00 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 04 July 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

I honestly don't think it will work like that... One because PGI haven't clarified yet and two, it means extra work. It's easier just to top search "top 500 <25 games" and apply a reward than delete those out and then recalculate the standings.

I mean it would be amazing if PGI are going to go that far... But yeah, I just don't think it'll happen.

You're probably right. Was thinking to dabble in S7 just for the rewards. I was told most divisions if not all don't even have 10000 players so just clocking 25 matches will get something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users