Why Was It Necessary To Give Er Micro Lasers Gh?

15 replies to this topic

#1 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,100 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:26 PM

because they kind of suck, and thats with 15 of them.

#2 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:29 PM

If you ask me, Micro Lasers should have been an energy machine gun variant.. Click and hold to burn..

#3 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:33 PM

PGI's spreadsheet says they are fine, stop complaining

#4 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:00 PM

I use eight or so uPLs with MGs and ECM on a Bellonarius. Its the only mech I use micros on, all my other experiments failed. You even have to hit and run an urban mech to survive, but backstabbing and harassing with it does work.

#5 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,100 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:01 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 03 July 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

If you ask me, Micro Lasers should have been an energy machine gun variant.. Click and hold to burn..

well you kind of have to 1-2 punch everything because firing 15 ermics can kill you (the one thing they are good at). and when you do you can keep firing every half a second till the heat bar is full. duration is .75 so you can cycle your lasers without them ever going off without incuring ghost heat. macro that and you got a laser machine gun. though 12 actual machine guns are better.

but they are still anemic. 12 ermicros is well under the 30 damage line pgi has drawn in the sand, but gh kicks in at 8. whole alpha is 36 damage, so its like old school 6x cspl boat without the range, and where if you fire the whole thing you die. ghost heat, sure, but not mech exploding levels of gh should you accidentally shoot early.

Edited by LordNothing, 03 July 2018 - 11:17 PM.

#6 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,100 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:32 PM

finally had a couple decent games with this fishlight. both involved back stabbing assaults rather than the usual hit and run game you usually do with locusts. the reason most of the small class lasers were nerfed was because of the cries of 100 ton potatoes whining that their back armor couldnt save them from the elite squirrel master race. the irony is the nerfs have caused me to do the very thing that they were intended to stop me from doing.

#7 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:57 AM

Well with the PIR 2 and 3 microPL are pretty decent with the burn time and CD and get a good 3 or so shots on a heavy or assault rear before they go into panic mode, and it's a real good knife fighting weapon againsts other lighta.

But micro ERL they just suck imo they just a IS small laser that half the weight, and should get a buff, ans both should a gh buff.

#8 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:01 AM

wait.. we have microlasers in the game?

I remember seeing them on the civil-war-"paper", and also on the pts.. think that's it. Posted Image
aside from that "you at least gotta try"-guy that we've all been at least once, nobody uses them anyway;
so ghostheat on a weapon nobody uses doesn't really matter anyway, right?

'cause PGI being PGI Posted Image

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 04 July 2018 - 03:02 AM.

#9 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:35 AM

I may not agree with you on a fair few things, but on this day? On this day I fully agree, that would have been much more interesting.

Edited by Verilligo, 04 July 2018 - 05:35 AM.

#10 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:05 AM

Bad weapon is bad. Its not so much the dmg (maybe a little, its bad too) as it is the terrible range. Face hugging is not something you should do (even if you are doing dmg) to any mech.

Just cuts off shots from your team mates.

#11 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM

Given the current MWO balancing direction I'd say that would make more sense for the Micro Pulse Laser rather than the ER Micro Laser. The ER Micro could instead have a super short duration to the point of being PPFLD (if not just making it literally PPFLD with 0 duration).

#12 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:06 AM

With 15 micro lasers you already have 3.75tons for 12DPS and 36 damage staggered alpha. With 4 tons of SPL, you only get 14 damage alpha and 6 DPS and shorter range with only duration as the benefit. If anything, should be nerfed further, only saving grace is no lights aside from Piranha can boat this.

#13 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:22 PM

View PostNightbird, on 04 July 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

With 15 micro lasers you already have 3.75tons for 12DPS and 36 damage staggered alpha. With 4 tons of SPL, you only get 14 damage alpha and 6 DPS and shorter range with only duration as the benefit. If anything, should be nerfed further, only saving grace is no lights aside from Piranha can boat this.

cSPLs have better optimal range, better hardpoint efficiency and way better heat efficiency even before spooky heat. And these are the turbonerfed cSPLs no one seems happy with. If this is really the bar we're measuring micro lasers against, that should tell you how bad off they are.

#14 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:25 PM

There's nothing wrong with CSPLs though? 6 CSPL Cheeta wrecks face

https://mwomercs.com...ta-is-too-good/

Trading tonnage efficiency for hardpoint efficiency seems fair, just that a lot of mechs are hardpoint starved

#15 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:59 PM

View PostNightbird, on 04 July 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

There's nothing wrong with CSPLs though? 6 CSPL Cheeta wrecks face

https://mwomercs.com...ta-is-too-good/

Trading tonnage efficiency for hardpoint efficiency seems fair, just that a lot of mechs are hardpoint starved

From that same thread:

View PostNightbird, on 06 June 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Not really, CSPLs are pretty much worthless on every other mech.

So... is the ACH the only mech in the game now, or are they still worthless >90% of the time?

#16 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:48 PM

SPLs are good on locusts, fleas, firestarters, phoenix hawks, cheetas, novas, stormcrows. A hand full of mechs, most it's bad on

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users