Hot Drop Event And Sale!

111 replies to this topic

#81 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:16 AM

It should be "get 5000 match score" instead of grind. Still doable by everyone but is possible to skip the grind if you put some effort.

#82 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:04 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 07 July 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

Hmm, lets see ...
Got the HBK-4P, SHD-2H, TBT-7M and UZL-3P already, so those are out.
Already have a CN9-AL, BJ-A, 3 GRF, a WVR-7K, 2 ASN and 2 BSW.

Which would leave the CDA-2A (tried one for the event, sold it again), KTO-18, ENF-4R, VND-1AA, CRB-27B and PHX-2 as choices. Any recommendations there?

View PostGamerPro4000, on 07 July 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

Enforcer is a solid pick. Its the bests variant out of all the other enforcers. It can equip AC10, 2 tons of ammo, with 5 medium lasers, LF engine and a -20% auto cannon cool down.

Here is my build code for the enforcer.
Ai3:20j0|OG|OG|LgpZ0|i^|i^qZ0|Y?|Y?rP0|Y?|Y?|Y?sP0|l?tX0|OG|GOuX0|OG|GOv10w606060

Would go for the Enforcer as well, it's a great Mech. I run it with 2 LL and 3 ML, but this build here is even better.
Second choice would be the Crab. Rest is crap. ;)

I own most of the chassis (would pick the Stormcrow if not already in my bay) and I think one variant each is enough. So there are the
Kintaro
Phoenix Hawk
Trebuchet
Vindicator
Wolverine
which I don't have yet. The Kintaro and the Vindicator are just bad, so there are 3 obvious choices left. Hm.
Maybe the Wolverine.. or the Trebuchet, but I already have the Hunchback 4J as LRM boat. Hm.
Any opinions on that?

#83 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:01 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 09 July 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

Since I have close to no clan mechs, I used the trial ones, and that Masakari config worked for me. Even decapitated an Awesome in close combat - his cockpit hitzone is just at the height of the Gauss in that configuration. Posted Image

You know you just need to complete 50 matches part for your free mech .

The clan Kmdd is for the silly cockpit items . I am skipping that .

#84 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:07 PM

View PostPain G0D, on 09 July 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

You know you just need to complete 50 matches part for your free mech .

The clan Kmdd is for the silly cockpit items . I am skipping that .

Oh, I know that, I even answered someone elses question about it here:

View PostBuenaventura, on 08 July 2018 - 04:03 AM, said:

[ X ] Only complete 50 matches with min 100 matchscore

At least that's what I get from the page where you claim the medium champion (not hero).

But I wanted to have those cockpit items. Posted Image
Just had to endure those horrible clan voices for about 10 games and I was done with that part.

#85 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:31 PM

View PostToek, on 09 July 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

Just 250000 C-Bills once completing all the 50 matches with 100 matchscore! Relation doesnt fit in my oppinion.

The big prize was the free mech. The TSP shines with smaller events. Do you want to have a free mech for something trivial, or scale the TSP reward up to 25 Million? Both ways would break bigger events.

edit: After thinking about it: Decoupling the 50 matches from the KMDDs-part would have been a reasonable middle ground. Well - my free stuff is still free enough

Edited by FallGuy0815, 09 July 2018 - 01:32 PM.

#86 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:15 PM

I picked the Trebuchet and really like it. I was looking at the Crab and Wolverine but the Trebuchet won out. Had a very good first game in it, nice to have so many missiles I can waste a few on longshots.

#87 Xezar 123

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:35 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 09 July 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

Oh, I know that, I even answered someone elses question about it here:

But I wanted to have those cockpit items. Posted Image
Just had to endure those horrible clan voices for about 10 games and I was done with that part.

Just keep playing, what you do with the trial mechs also counts for the number of matches which you need 50 anyway. I guess the only issue was the Warhawk, everything else are okay. I already got them, and I only started playing this game like 2 weeks ago.

#88 Toek

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:51 PM

View PostFallGuy0815, on 09 July 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

The big prize was the free mech. The TSP shines with smaller events. Do you want to have a free mech for something trivial, or scale the TSP reward up to 25 Million? Both ways would break bigger events.

edit: After thinking about it: Decoupling the 50 matches from the KMDDs-part would have been a reasonable middle ground. Well - my free stuff is still free enough

I am also fine with all the free stuff, dont get me wrong. I think 2,5 million would be the way to go for TSP for an event of this size/grind.

Edited by Toek, 09 July 2018 - 10:52 PM.

#89 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:47 AM

I hope the rest of you are having more fun out there than I'm having. PGI's Damned MatchMaker keeps putting me mostly with teams that don't do any of the following...
  • Actively Communicating
  • Keeping Each Other Alive
  • Focusing Fire
  • Locking Targets (even just to help themselves track opponents)
  • Finding Enemy Weak Points
  • Generally Working As A Team
  • Avoid "Nascar"ing (which would prevent them getting chewed up in their backs)
  • Avoid playing like as if they're doing some sort of 'One Man Army' kind of game
...and it's making it impossible for me to complete this Event. I'm NOT some 'Bloody Damned Team-Carrying Magic Legend' of any kind, and I'm way beyond disgusted and sick of the abuse that I'm taking because everyone else would rather fail, which traps me in their fate as well. <_<

Frankly, the way the Event is set up, and the way that people have decided to play due to it, have all caused me to reach a point where I can NOT properly provide a Rating that would be useful. I'm just about to give up and quit on this Event, and leave MWO right along with it... Nobody who is already stressed out deserves this kind of abuse in a Multiplayer Online Game which Requires Teamwork in order to enjoy it! :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "...getting actively screwed over..." Devnull

#90 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:20 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 10 July 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

I hope the rest of you are having more fun out there than I'm having. PGI's Damned MatchMaker keeps putting me mostly with teams that don't do any of the following...
  • Actively Communicating
  • Focusing Fire
  • Avoid playing like as if they're doing some sort of 'One Man Army' kind of game
...and it's making it impossible for me to complete this Event. I'm NOT some 'Bloody Damned Team-Carrying Magic Legend' of any kind, and I'm way beyond disgusted and sick of the abuse that I'm taking because everyone else would rather fail, which traps me in their fate as well. Posted Image

Frankly, the way the Event is set up, and the way that people have decided to play due to it, have all caused me to reach a point where I can NOT properly provide a Rating that would be useful. I'm just about to give up and quit on this Event, and leave MWO right along with it... Nobody who is already stressed out deserves this kind of abuse in a Multiplayer Online Game which Requires Teamwork in order to enjoy it! Posted Image

Hey, I'm right there with ya. The things I've been seeing lately have me wondering what the hell some people are thinking, lol.

#91 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:31 AM

*snip*

I feel ya sometimes the team i'm on seems to willfully fling them selves on teh guns of the enemy while screamign to those still alive "why didn't you stop me!?"

View PostGen Lee, on 10 July 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

Hey, I'm right there with ya. The things I've been seeing lately have me wondering what the hell some people are thinking, lol.

see above.

Though I will say, and i started a thread to this effect a few weeks back... I've had more luck in games where i get people talking (even just bsing) at the beginning of a match. It's like having to hold a freaking icebreaker from the beginning of a corporate event every damn match, but the results have been that once teh communication damn is broken people do seem on average to act in a vaguely team based manner.

For what it's worth i finished the event yesterday and it wasn't super terrible considering the payoff.

#92 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:02 PM

So was between the wolverine and the Vindicator. Grabbed the vini, you know you play too much when you nearly have every mech on the list. :)
Oh and pgi I only have one mech bay left now.

Edited by BrunoSSace, 10 July 2018 - 12:03 PM.

#93 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:10 PM

• Actively Communicating
  • Focusing Fire
...and it's making it impossible for me to complete this Event. I'm NOT some 'Bloody Damned Team-Carrying Magic Legend' of any kind, and I'm way beyond disgusted and sick of the abuse that I'm taking because everyone else would rather fail, which traps me in their fate as well. Posted Image

Frankly, the way the Event is set up, and the way that people have decided to play due to it, have all caused me to reach a point where I can NOT properly provide a Rating that would be useful. I'm just about to give up and quit on this Event, and leave MWO right along with it... Nobody who is already stressed out deserves this kind of abuse in a Multiplayer Online Game which Requires Teamwork in order to enjoy it! Posted Image

Basically the same here for weeks. We should team up. ;)

tha

#94 memorandum

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 76 posts
  • Locationmidtjylland, denmark

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:11 PM

View PostCadoazreal, on 07 July 2018 - 05:21 AM, said:

For anyone wondering a mech bay is included.

thx i was looking for this info

#95 jonomy

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:08 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 July 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

Augh!!! I'm caught in a Heatwave where I live, and my Air Conditioning has broken down!!! I am physically unable to keep my computer running MWO safely, and am having to lose both Active Premium Time from the Previous Event, as well as Participation Time on This Event's Challenge! Can we get 24 Hours added on the other end of this Event to compensate for those caught out by the Extreme Hot Weather?!?!? Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "I'm totally broiled out of participating here!!!" Devnull

I don't have air conditioning - PC stopped twice last month. Bad News, but it is sort of the luck of the draw. Like getting a bad hand in a card game or not getting loot bag pulls by the time they go away.

#96 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:41 PM

View Postjonomy, on 10 July 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

I don't have air conditioning - PC stopped twice last month. Bad News, but it is sort of the luck of the draw. Like getting a bad hand in a card game or not getting loot bag pulls by the time they go away.

Well, I at least got that Air Conditioning issue fixed, so I'm back up and running. Good luck on getting yours fixed now... :)

~D. V. "Not a problem for me anymore..." Devnull

#97 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:48 AM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 10 July 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

So was between the wolverine and the Vindicator. Grabbed the vini, you know you play too much when you nearly have every mech on the list. :)
Oh and pgi I only have one mech bay left now.

Didn't it come with a mech bay?

#98 Xezar 123

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:14 AM

View PostBwah Ha Ha, on 11 July 2018 - 04:48 AM, said:

Didn't it come with a mech bay?

I am pretty sure it does. I have a full mech bay and I still got my crab.

#99 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:30 PM

UPDATE -- I've managed to get through the Match Count and other requisites. Got the items from the Tracker completion, too. Now to pick from a small list of 7 Mechs. That's the tough part, I think? :(

~D. V. "Now processing a hard choice..." Devnull

#100 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:29 PM

And what 7 Mechs are on your list?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users