Patch Notes - 1.4.176.0 - 17-Jul-2018

325 replies to this topic

#121 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:56 AM

The Solaris Division link in the announcement is not updated.

#122 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:02 AM

Increasing the heat penalty for Streak SRM6's is great..... Now those little A-hole Piranhas wont have much to fear when engaging a Heavy/Assault. Thats nice... they were already HOT.

Hey How about you address the fact that your precious light mechs are terrorizing the game and running ALOT of people off new and old players alike. Every patch release is nerf this, buff that but i dont see anything that is really going to help the game survive. I sat in a queue lastnight with a friend for literally 8 minutes before the matchmaker (if it can be called that) finally dumped us into a game with a bunch of tier 4 and 5 players that ran around with their thumbs in their butts getting killed one at a time.

No mechwarrior game in history has ever allowed a 35 ton mech to blitz an assault or heavy and make the pilot feel helpless. You once had a nice mechanic in the game when it was in closed Beta that prevented this..... remember it? KNOCKDOWN? That was what kept the mini-madness in check until someone decided it wasn't needed. Someone that DOES NOT EVEN PLAY THE GAME.

Oh and hear come the white knights... "They don't have much armor" and "The overheat"

Or is it... "git good" ?

Light mechs shouldn't have the battlefield effectiveness they do. They are for scouting, Tagging and speed objectives. Its really funny how in ALL previous mechwarrior games the light mech was a novelty mech at best and was never capable of standing up to a larger Alpha capable mech.

This game has become one bundle of bad decisions and Developer mistakes over the years and is a far cry from what it once was back in 2013 before we had skill points and engine de-sync.

Bring it on White Knights.... "FLAME ON!" As we used to say back in Mechwarrior 3..... Oh wait... most of you weren't alive then... sorry.

#123 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:06 AM

I believe the heat nerf to srm and buff to lrm contradicts the dev's reasoning for doing it in the first place on each. I don't like the spread nerf due to I paid skill points to get my lrm spreads down and that was not addressed, or ignored, or the dev's are totally oblivious on contributing factors.

#124 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:12 AM

An extra map for Solaris would be nice, good to see command wheel getting the heave-ho, that had no place outside of group play and tbh, it shouldn't follow 'Mechs at all in any mode.

#125 IronEleven

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:13 AM

View PostSarru, on 14 July 2018 - 07:09 AM, said:

So that means that all this weeping is out of envy to our pretty numbers, right? Posted Image

Frustration dealing with morons who don't meaninfully contribute to the team and getting rewarded for it.

#126 Tetatae Squawkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,028 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Kaetetôã

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:17 AM

View PostBLOODREDSINGLE, on 14 July 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

Increasing the heat penalty for Streak SRM6's is great..... Now those little A-hole Piranhas wont have much to fear when engaging a Heavy/Assault. Thats nice... they were already HOT.

Hey How about you address the fact that your precious light mechs are terrorizing the game and running ALOT of people off new and old players alike. Every patch release is nerf this, buff that but i dont see anything that is really going to help the game survive. I sat in a queue lastnight with a friend for literally 8 minutes before the matchmaker (if it can be called that) finally dumped us into a game with a bunch of tier 4 and 5 players that ran around with their thumbs in their butts getting killed one at a time.

No mechwarrior game in history has ever allowed a 35 ton mech to blitz an assault or heavy and make the pilot feel helpless. You once had a nice mechanic in the game when it was in closed Beta that prevented this..... remember it? KNOCKDOWN? That was what kept the mini-madness in check until someone decided it wasn't needed. Someone that DOES NOT EVEN PLAY THE GAME.

Oh and hear come the white knights... "They don't have much armor" and "The overheat"

Or is it... "git good" ?

Light mechs shouldn't have the battlefield effectiveness they do. They are for scouting, Tagging and speed objectives. Its really funny how in ALL previous mechwarrior games the light mech was a novelty mech at best and was never capable of standing up to a larger Alpha capable mech.

This game has become one bundle of bad decisions and Developer mistakes over the years and is a far cry from what it once was back in 2013 before we had skill points and engine de-sync.

Bring it on White Knights.... "FLAME ON!" As we used to say back in Mechwarrior 3..... Oh wait... most of you weren't alive then... sorry.

Posts like this make me want to play lights more often.

#127 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:46 AM

RANGED DPS

#128 Manei Domini Krigg

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,005 posts
  • Locationred team

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:11 AM

Please add bolt-on "LRM-100 launcher" Posted Image

#129 Koruthaiolos

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:16 AM

Still not listening and sorting solaris division by weight? lol

#130 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:18 AM

Or is it... "git good" ?

Actually incorrect, lights were very effective against heavy and assault mechs in MechWarrior 3

#131 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:22 AM

View PostFalconer Cyrus, on 14 July 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

> The Match Maker will now direct matches played by EU and OC opponents to the NA servers.
What does this mean?!

I was curious as well.

The way I read it is, we're closing down E.U and O.C servers, without actually admitting we are.

Edited by Cathy, 14 July 2018 - 09:25 AM.

#132 Lt Blackthorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:26 AM

Or is it... "git good" ?

Don't worry, diddums, the scary tryhards will be leaving the game soon. You'll get to enjoy a month or two of suppressing terrain with your buds before PGI shuts down the game due to lack of activity.

#133 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:41 AM

It's a pity, for closing this game...
But menagment is incompetent!!!
I want to give money, not only for new mechs, but for lot of inexistent thinks.
Like upgrading regular mech to custom heroes for money.
MC rewords for best light, med., ... Pilot of month. Mentioning the FW groups...
Nobody falow this game, exept us.
Prothon is best player of all time, and only 80 of us watch his Twich.

BUT...
There is feeling that GAME OVER is close. And my 3000+ hours of grinding go away...

#134 Lt Blackthorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:41 AM

At this point shouldn't they just replace all patch notes with this?

#135 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:46 AM

View PostKurbeks, on 14 July 2018 - 07:09 AM, said:

How about we finally make that Lurms can be only be fired on NARC'ed, TAG'ed and UAV'ed enemies. And on lesser accuracy if indirect LoS on Lurmer.
(with little fix,yes?)

Agree x 100

#136 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:09 AM

View PostCathy, on 14 July 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

I was curious as well.

The way I read it is, we're closing down E.U and O.C servers, without actually admitting we are.

I'd assume it's to make finding matches faster due to low pop in Solaris

#137 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:16 AM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 13 July 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

reminder:

brawling- dead

small lasers of any variety- dead

pulse lasers of any variety- dead

mechs with agility- dead

poptarts- dead

erppc sniping- dead

all lrm warrior online

While I don't think the Lrm buffs are a good idea, I'm just wondering, why do you think pulse lasers or brawling are dead? It's not impossible to get a good push going, and brawling in that. Hell, I almost use pulse lasers exclusively if I'm using energy weapons. And the clan small laser isn't too bad right now (I have no idea what state it will be in after the RECKONING though).

I don't know about your case, of course, but I find that at least for me I can still get quite some good brawls in my agile mechs, using pulse lasers.

Poptarting is pretty much dead tho, can't argue there.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also can pretty consistently pull off my ERPPC Adder, so I don't think PPC sniping is too dead yet, although it isn't as common as it once was.

Edited by Mason West, 14 July 2018 - 10:17 AM.

#138 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:39 AM

Or is it... "git good" ?

Spoken like an Assault pilot who can't play his mech properly. Lights actually ARE meant to be battlefield effective. ever heard of the "Striker" role? Mechs like the Commando are actually meant as frontline combatants meant to rip apart larger mechs in hit and run attacks.

This is also why an Assault needs to stick with their team, so people can cover each other's flanks. Stop blaming a Mech class that regularly beats you due to your own ineptitude.

#139 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:40 AM

And while we are it. Instead of continued Lurm Buffs each patch which will make plp use long range weapons and hide behinds rocks, killing brawling which was in bad place eitherway.

How about we finally buff underperforming weapons. Like both faction AC/UAC20's, IS LBX20 and few others.

#140 Serenna187

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:50 AM

View PostKanil, on 13 July 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

The Zeus dorsal fins are a really clever usage of the bolt on system. Good work to whoever thought that up.

A nice idea to replicate the Zeus X design with bolt-ons indeed

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users