Patch Notes - 1.4.176.0 - 17-Jul-2018

325 replies to this topic

#61 ArcRoyale

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:15 PM

Well, I know which Alpha Strike Mech Pack I'm getting. Time for the Archery Contest!

#62 Tertius

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:35 PM

PGI: please stop buffing LRMs... that's the baddest thing anyone can do at the moment. You seroiusly need to nerf LRMs.

This keeps killing the game. There are too much LUMR-Boats now and you even give them more? Ba descicion. This may get many people to quit the game.

Edited by Tertius, 13 July 2018 - 11:47 PM.

#63 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:47 PM

A missile health buff for ATMs I think would have done more for the weapon system; it would be nice to not have to fire ghost-heat-causing volleys just to get damage in.

And the 3's hardly the only launcher with that problem, although I suppose it's a miracle the issue even got identified at all.

#64 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:52 PM

View PostJman5, on 13 July 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

Nice to see the AMS ammo increase. Though I still would like to see its ammo count tied to Magazine Capacity in the skill tree.

Fully agree that it needs to buff the ammo. Doing that might require two of the heating nodes to add some extra cooling to the LAMS.

I really like this patch and here is why.
"While we understand where the feedback is coming from when it comes to certain clan performers, this is not consistent with the entirely of the clan lineup. As 'Mechs that are limited more on a tonnage basis due to weight class or locked equipment need to be accounted for just as much as those that can effectively utilize more heat sinks."- They are addressing my main concern, you can't nerf, nor buff everything to account for outliers.

I most often play support mechs, I tend to avoid the meta, as I view that as even more EasyMode than LRM-boating. Continually nerfing weapons disproportionately punished the iffy mechs in order to try to kerb the over-performers. All and all, I am very happy with this change as it breathes some life back into my odd-builds. Though I detest theLRM Super-Novas, in general I do not object to an assault running LRM's; but they should not be your only weapons, and at some point you need to step a bit closer and share some of your armour, not doing that gets the hate, which then gets directed at the poor innocent rain-on-your-brain-till-you-die-of-pain-weapon.

#65 Gryphorim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:52 PM

So, did weapon retrofits of any kind make it into the July patch?

#66 Leviathan MDK

• PipPip
  • The Universe
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:56 PM

increase ams by 10%: me shooting 10% lrms over the enemy time to drain the ams. not even bothering to lock. or just take out dual HGR faf for personal encounters.
SRMS ok, don't like SSRMS and just rip em out of mechs and sell them.
Lams beter heat efficient would be an issue, if a lot of players would use them.

By the way. getting locks with LRMS is getting harder and harder because of the increasse of ecms up to the 100t, so. LRMS buff? nah.
Decreassing lock time would be a real buff over al the stuff PGI is changing. Haven't used my SNV-A in ages because of all the ecms and the easy to lose locks in the game these days.

#67 Shaky Snake

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAEST

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:03 AM

I'm keen to know what the LRM grouping number is for IS LRMs and Clan LRMs - As mentioned with the ATM3s getting a tighter grouping to decrease their vulnerability to AMS, so with the clan grouping becoming wider, does this mean that Clan LRMs are more vulnerable to AMS than the IS ones?

I think it's worth understanding the answer to that as well as the proposed laser nerfs in totality (rather than the isolation of a patch and a PTS) before PGI goes about making decisions on 'balancing'.

#68 Hadesuwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:12 AM

Guess we are getting yet another LRM Armageddon as if we haven't had enough of those already.

#69 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 583 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:22 AM

I'm just happy I'm on vacation for this month. Pretty sick of those lurmaggedons already.

#70 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:34 AM

I like the bit about fixing it so you cannot get to the top of the mountain at D6/E6... the map in question is river city and in what are we into now... 2 1/2 years... I've never felt the need to go there because...HELLO MCFLY.... you're a big arsed silhouetted target against the open sky behind you...without any cover...I mean novelty maybe for stealth/ecm sniping during the night time cycle perhaps... but really... quite a useless place to be otherwise. Super high spots on the edges of maps aren't particularly useful except to direct traffic from and call stuff. And you can do the same from any building top in the E5 spot much easier.

#71 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:37 AM

It's been said thoroughly in the thread already but I must add my voice to the fire: I don't approve of even more LRM buffs at all. LRMs are not a fun part of the game to deal with and giving them three (3!!!) buffs in a row is only making them more prevalent, making the game less fun to play. The tiny AMS buff is welcome but not enough. Reverting the LRM buffs would be better.

Edited by Mister Maf, 14 July 2018 - 12:38 AM.

#72 Stealth 1S1K

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:55 AM

View PostWinaddar, on 13 July 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

What do you expect when the devs play IS lurm boats?

Wait what you mean the Devs actually play this???? In all my years I have only seen 1 in game and that was while he was in with a streamer.

#73 BoMbY

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:58 AM

LRM buffs, and planned c-laser nerfs? Really? Is that the playstyle you want for this game?

#74 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:59 AM

LRMs
  • LRM 5
- Heat reduced to 2.2 (from 2.4)
  • LRM 10
- Heat reduced to 3.6 (from 4)
  • LRM 15
- Heat reduced to 4.5 (from 5)
  • LRM 20
- Heat reduced to 5.4 (from 6)

Oh, yeah! We have not enough lurmers so far!

#75 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:04 AM

> The Match Maker will now direct matches played by EU and OC opponents to the NA servers.
What does this mean?!

#76 Pelmeshek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:13 AM

Same level of game degradation. Nice work PGI.

#77 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:20 AM

Mostly good, though I think Clan LRMs don't need the spread nerf since they already have the ripple-fire pattern.

Also, the ATM3 is not the only ATM launcher hard-countered by AMS... The ATM6 is lucky to get more than 1 missile through.

#78 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:22 AM

View PostMister Maf, on 14 July 2018 - 12:37 AM, said:

It's been said thoroughly in the thread already but I must add my voice to the fire: I don't approve of even more LRM buffs at all. LRMs are not a fun part of the game to deal with and giving them three (3!!!) buffs in a row is only making them more prevalent, making the game less fun to play. The tiny AMS buff is welcome but not enough. Reverting the LRM buffs would be better.

And all the lrm nerfs and ams buffs we also revert?

They nerfed artemis (direct fire) but buff(ed) indirect massspamming.
The old artemis (and lockarc) together with the velocity buff would have been enough to make lrms ok,
not more ammo, less heat and more spread.
I dont want them to force me to upgrade my lrm60 to lrm 80. Posted Image

Edited by Kroete, 14 July 2018 - 01:26 AM.

#79 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:34 AM

View PostStealth 1S1K, on 14 July 2018 - 12:55 AM, said:

Wait what you mean the Devs actually play this???? In all my years I have only seen 1 in game and that was while he was in with a streamer.

I've encountered the devs ingame a couple times. Most recently was on Polar LRMlands; I asked them who was responsible for said map being approved, and he replied that he liked the map. Hmm.

View PostFalconer Cyrus, on 14 July 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

> The Match Maker will now direct matches played by EU and OC opponents to the NA servers.
What does this mean?!

When a European and Oceanic player get matched in Solaris, it will connect them both to the North American server instead of giving one their regional server while the other connects to a server on the literal opposite side of the planet.

View PostKroete, on 14 July 2018 - 01:22 AM, said:

And all the lrm nerfs and ams buffs we also revert?

They nerfed artemis (direct fire) but buff(ed) indirect massspamming.
The old artemis (and lockarc) together with the velocity buff would have been enough to make lrms ok,
not more ammo, less heat and more spread.
I dont want them to force me to upgrade my lrm60 to lrm 80. Posted Image

Yes, I find this adequate.

Edited by Mister Maf, 14 July 2018 - 01:35 AM.

#80 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 14 July 2018 - 02:00 AM

I would like to say well done to PGI for the LRM changes, yes changes as there are both buffs & nerfs. I totally understand why you are doing this & that is to promote variety in loadout's & an attempt to stop the boating of energy weapons in that it deters the whole pokey pokey thing that is going on in game. There is a reason the top players do not use LRM's & that is because in their current state they are ineffective due to the many counters. Are there any dedicated LRM teams out there? I don't think so & for the same reasons as above.
You have obviously hit a nerve with these changes due to the fact they are a direct counter to the current meta & folks will cry when you offer a counter to their play style & they must drop a weapon to carry AMS.
If LRM's are so bad then why is it so detrimental to the game to give them a small boost? if LRM's are so bad why are people getting taken out by them? Anyone who is, surely must up their game as they have been taken out by the worst weapon with the most counters in the game.
Bring on the Lurmageddon, it makes a change from the Laser Burnageddon & might also hold back all the dual Heavy Gauss builds as well...

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users