• 80 posts
  • Locationcorpus christi texas

Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:59 AM

View PostNinjah, on 15 July 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

My LRM boat on Polar Highlands:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Are you *sure* LRMs aren't OP already?

I like the blurry cant read what mech you were in. besides ive played yall [Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 16 July 2018 - 09:22 AM.
unconstructive, name & shame

#202 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:03 AM

Ok, this is the worst patch ever.

But i guess it doesn't matter anymore. You could also change the mechs with little pink bunnies throwing stones at each other. No difference.

But then you had to sell Bunny Packages and early adopter awards are fresh eggs.

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 17 July 2018 - 04:12 AM.
unconstructive, staff abuse

#203 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:10 AM

View PostToxicresidue, on 16 July 2018 - 01:59 AM, said:

I like the blurry cant read what mech you were in. besides ive played yall [Redacted]

No haxx involved here - I can provide original timestamped screenshot if needed. And it's a SNV-A, 4 x LRM20 + Artemis and 4 MPL. Has a BAP and a Targeting Computer I.

Edited by draiocht, 16 July 2018 - 09:22 AM.
Quote Clean-Up

#204 Darkmenace

• Pip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:30 AM

So I have to ask when did IS in the game have better tech than Clan? These changes are such a joke in that the tech balance is going completely counter to the original material this is suppose to be based on. I know this comes off a short sighted but this is just freaking nuts.

#205 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:57 AM

..glad I bought 'Battletech' by HBS.

so I have some pc-game to play while mwo drowns in lurmageddon pt 3? or 4? I've lost count.
I'll completely QUIT QP for now and will try to stay in scouting/fw - and if that goes to the wastebin also..
see battletech.

#206 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:28 AM

View PostDarkmenace, on 16 July 2018 - 06:30 AM, said:

So I have to ask when did IS in the game have better tech than Clan? These changes are such a joke in that the tech balance is going completely counter to the original material this is suppose to be based on. I know this comes off a short sighted but this is just freaking nuts.

Yes in lore Clan were better than IS.

But this is a game with 12 vs 12. Shouldn't it be balanced, so that it is fair for both sides?

I mean you could do 8 vs 12. then Clan tech could be better.
But then you have problems with quickplay and everybody only would want to play Clan because Clan is better.

To counter this you would need to adjust the reward system. Because there are only 8 Claners and it is easier to make a kill in Clan Tech. Every made kill in a Clan machine would give not so much xp and c-bills, like doing the same in an IS machine.

#207 Ahh Screw it - WATCH THIS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 130 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:38 AM

View PostStinger554, on 15 July 2018 - 08:46 PM, said:

Show me that LRM boat on Solaris City. Then you'll see how I'm certain they are not currently OP.

Being good on one map(or even two) does not make a weapon OP.

AC/20 is only good on one or two maps.

Where is the AC/20 buff?

#208 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:48 AM

View PostAhh Screw it - WATCH THIS, on 16 July 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

AC/20 is only good on one or two maps.

Where is the AC/20 buff?

Its no just aC20. Its both factions AC and UAC 20's. And IS LBX20. who need boosts. Same as with HGR

Edited by Kurbeks, 16 July 2018 - 07:49 AM.

#209 GTKA

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:19 AM

View PostKurbeks, on 16 July 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

Its no just aC20. Its both factions AC and UAC 20's. And IS LBX20. who need boosts. Same as with HGR

the HGR does not need any buffs, ac 20 simply needs a velocity buff and how is the IS lbx20 bad?

#210 Corduroy Rab

• PipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 41 posts
  • LocationI'm not giving my location to some machine.

Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:21 AM

This is the worst patch in the history of patches, possibly ever.

Seriously though does a weapon system that encourages passive play and leads to uninteresting matches need a buff? If this is so needed why is lurm spam so ubiquitous?

#211 Lucky Noob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:02 AM

i soo love all the Salt here. Posted Image

LURMZ are OP now..

no, i dont wanna change my Build to fit an AMS....

LURMZ are sooo bad...

if most Players woud fit 1 AMS on there Mech there woud nobody play Missles anymore.

but nooo my Build, i only have an ( insert free Tonnage here) i cant loose 1.5 Tons.

If Missles where good the Pros woud use em, As they dont use em they not good enough. That simple.

ah and yes if the AMS woud, lets say reduce Laser Damage by 1 Point per Laser, i am sure all woud equip it.

AH you Boys and Girls never fail to entertain me.

*pats his Lurmz Mech*Posted Image

Edited by Lucky Noob, 16 July 2018 - 09:04 AM.

#212 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 519 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:12 AM

View PostLucky Noob, on 16 July 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

LURMZ are OP now..

LURMZ are sooo bad...

if most Players woud fit 1 AMS on there Mech there woud nobody play Missles anymore.

but nooo my Build, i only have an ( insert free Tonnage here) i cant loose 1.5 Tons.

If Missles where good the Pros woud use em, As they dont use em they not good enough. That simple.

ah and yes if the AMS woud, lets say reduce Laser Damage by 1 Point per Laser, i am sure all woud equip it.

sorry man, but -you- can't think 2 steps ahead, can you? *no offense*

everybody WILL slap AMS on. that in turn will kill streaks and especially ATMs, which are in a bad state already (atms, atm).

also, it does -nothing- but to encourage lurmers to carry even more lurms, while at the same time discourage the non-lurmers to tank, cause the lurmers get more and more. increased spread does NOTHING but to punish the non-lurmers, cause nobody is gonna get killed by lurms (more people shooting the tanks). at the same time, raw dmg-numbers for lurmers increase thx to velo, ammo and heat-buffs. the spread doesn't matter to them, as they want their meaningless dmg in the first place.

problem with lurmers is NOT that they kill everybody - problem is that they are NOT in the frontline, GETTING everybody (on their team) killed by that.

I could carry on, but... oh why?

lurmers gotta lurm, and PGI wants there to be 24 lurmers per game, so... go on, hf.

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 16 July 2018 - 09:18 AM.

#213 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:13 AM

LURMZ are OP now..

LURMZ are sooo bad...

Lol. When I play my LRM mech, I laugh at guys who boat AMS. I carry 4,000 rounds of LRM ammo. I will run you dry on ammo long before I run out of LRM's. Unless you literally have 2-3 kit foxes / novas with 3 AMS and 4-5 tons of AMS ammo each, I will eventually run you dry.

And even if you do that, congrats you used 3 mechs to counter 1, so now you will be drastically under gunned.

AMS is not a good solution against LRM's. Unless you hardcore boat it it's basically ineffective, and if you do hardcore boat it and happen to not get any LRM's on the enemy team, GG you just wasted your mech's tonnage.

#214 Conner Ward

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:19 AM

View Posttee5, on 16 July 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

Yes in lore Clan were better than IS.

But this is a game with 12 vs 12. Shouldn't it be balanced, so that it is fair for both sides?

I mean you could do 8 vs 12. then Clan tech could be better.
But then you have problems with quickplay and everybody only would want to play Clan because Clan is better.

To counter this you would need to adjust the reward system. Because there are only 8 Claners and it is easier to make a kill in Clan Tech. Every made kill in a Clan machine would give not so much xp and c-bills, like doing the same in an IS machine.

Since uneven teams supposedly would break the matchmaker, Clans and IS should never be on the same side, even in QP and the game should be balanced by tonnage where Clans get maybe 2/3 the tonnage of the IS side.

LURMZ are OP now..

LURMZ are sooo bad...

Yes it is easy for any IS Mech, or 2nd-line Clan Mech (non-Omni) to fit an AMS and a half-ton of ammo. Most Omni-Mechs have to sacrifice the set-of-8 bonuses in order to equip an Omni-Pod that has an AMS hardpoint, so this is another nerf to Clans that some people forget about.

#215 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:26 AM

Considering LRM tactics: I find it's best to lurm from 400-250m. DPS is insane at that distance and you can often see my LRM boat way in front of everybody. I also lock my own targets because my Target Decay is maxed out and my Lock Times are also insane - with BAP and TC I combined it takes 1 to 1.5 sec to acquire a lock. Maybe PGI overbuffed targeting times.

Edited by Ninjah, 16 July 2018 - 09:30 AM.

#216 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:38 AM

View PostNinjah, on 16 July 2018 - 09:26 AM, said:

Considering LRM tactics: I find it's best to lurm from 400-250m. DPS is insane at that distance and you can often see my LRM boat way in front of everybody. I also lock my own targets because my Target Decay is maxed out and my Lock Times are also insane - with BAP and TC I combined it takes 1 to 1.5 sec to acquire a lock. Maybe PGI overbuffed targeting times.

Do you know that bap/cap and tc dont reduce locktime?
They reduce the time to get targetdata (paperdoll).
The locktimes are reduced by tag, narc and artemis.

Edited by Kroete, 16 July 2018 - 09:40 AM.

#217 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:44 AM

View PostKroete, on 16 July 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

Do you know that bap/cap and tc dont reduce locktime?
They reduce the time to get targetdata (paperdoll).
The locktimes are reduced by tag, narc and artemis.

Yeah I get that but something seems off. It just locks on really fast.

#218 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:49 AM

View PostSerial Number, on 13 July 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

"The Match Maker will now direct matches played by EU and OC opponents to the NA servers."

? Was this meant for Solaris? Since it's in "Bug Fixes and Improvements" section...

Sorry I forgot to clarify "The Match Maker in Comp Play..." fixed it now.
This only affect Comp Play.

#219 BEARDOOM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:52 AM

I want C-AC20 Buf!!!
For now is useless weaponry!
Biger velocity, or only 2 Shell's per shoot.

Pandora is opened.

Maybe Merc's 5 will give better multiplayer engine and upgraded gameplay!
But I hope that we will have some benefits fir 3000+hour's in MWO.

#220 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,296 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:58 AM

<*reads Patch Notes, then facedesks*> -_-

Well, PGI just ALMOST had a Perfect Patch. Then they went and Increased Clan LRM Spread. Clans do NOT need nerfs against their Damage Potential. The next time I take an Inner Sphere Contract, I want ALL Clan Weapons to be both Deadly AND Useful. Those ineffective "Missile Spread" Skill Tree Nodes are going to need one hell of an enhancement now. :angry:

And why the hell am I seeing all this sarcasm about how this was quote-unquote good? It was NOT. Missiles don't lock anywhere near 0.5 sec, period. And ALL Light Mechs are going to get a FREE PASS with LRMs being made severely inaccurate, as are Assault Mechs due to not taking damage to their torsos, unlike what should happen. <_<

Are there just a small bunch of people out there who have managed to reach a point where PGI tries to nerf them, but instead ends up hurting everyone else? That's the only reason I can see certain weapons (Clan Lasers, ALL Ballistics, and Near ALL Missiles) being viewed as overperforming anymore. I'm really getting sick of being mashed into the floor as a Casual-class Player because the weapons I use can't function due to Nerfs meant to block Overperforming Higher-than-Tier-1 Competitive Players. :(

~Mr. D. V. "Inner Sphere should NOT be Easy Mode... Stop killing everyone else by Nerfing the Overperforming Players!" Devnull

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users