325 replies to this topic

#261 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:00 AM

[color=#00FFFF]

SRM's to remain only when you are deliberately breaking the heat scale on the weapon, we are increasing the penalty to the weapon's heat scale. This change is tuned to have comparable total heat when you fire 5-6 launchers simultaneously to where it was prior to these changes, but past this point higher number of launchers will face stiffer penalties, and deliberately breaking the heat scale will completely negate the heat buff we are attempting to give the base launcher.

[/color]

my translation, stop boating SRM's and carry other weapons!

#262 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:01 AM

They don't know what they are doing with LRM.
I will boykott this by terrorizing QP with my supernova LRM spam.

Will ruin lots of games for the enemy, I promise. The only thing what stopped me from constant 1200DMG is the heat.

SRM / Streak changes are good. They need to be brought more into balance with ranged pinpoint.
DMG wise they will hit harder but they still won't kill as fast as pinpoint dmg.

Edited by Quandoo, 17 July 2018 - 10:05 AM.

#263 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:14 AM

Just bought the LRM90 Nova Cat, kept it almost stock except for adding TAG. First game: 730dmg 2 KMDD...

...at this point am I supposed to complain about nerfs or not enough buffs? I've lost track...

#264 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationHuntress - Pahn City (X:Y Coordinates: 49.19:1,756.45)

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:40 AM

Dear PGI(Russ Bullock) and every Mechwarriors!

It is sure you have realized the differences between the CLAN Autocannons and its IS counterpart.
I think mainly their range. The IS' ACs(simple, ultra, LBX) have 30-50% more range than their CLAN counterparts. How can it be possible? It is basic the CLAN weapons are better in any spot. For example, the sarna do also claims the battlefield specs of LB20-X are identical between the IS and the CLAN versions, the only difference being in the size and weight. It is basic! In contrast, you did make the IS weapons better, have greater range, all the ballistic weapons have greater range.
And the ACs, Ultra-ACs? How can it be possible the CLAN AC20 should shoot 4 times to do 20dmg, the IS one has 1shoot/20dmg? At the same range??? If the Clan AC20 damages 20 with 4shoots, it should have an AC5's range!!! Even if we speak about what the sarna also claims, there are a lots of AC types in the same class, some have bigger cal and lower projectile speed with shorter range: some have smaller cal with higher projectile speed with longer range, BUT all the weapons in the same class has the same damage. In contrast, the Clan weapons shoot 4 times to damage the same value as the IS ones do it AT LONGER RANGE in 1SHOOT! Equip a twin Clan-AC20, shoot, and does 4times more heat than a twin IS-AC!!! What is this IS tuning ********?!
And do not speak about you graciously let the 55tons max limit in the scouting to the Clans in the name of something and the Stormcrow became available. But! Why does not the Stormcrow have two ballistic hardpoints? The IS mechs have lots of variety of the hardpoints in the case of symmetric and assymmetric loadout. Why can't I do it under the Clan side? Why can't I construct a twin and symmetric ballistic mech in scouting? Why is not there ordinary mechs on the Clans side?
Why is not there a 100tons omni with FF armor, head energy hardpoint and all the variety? Why the IS has 50-100% more ordinary mech in all the variety of hardpoints/construction? Why do not have the capability to equip FF, endo-steel, DoubleHS on the Clan mech when you draw 1 Clan-mech after 3 or more IS mechs?
In addition, when you do an IS tuning, you do it in the name of balance! You can explain it everytime why you tune the IS!
Maybe I am wrong, but was not the Clans that began an invasion against the IS?!!! Not the Clans have a 250years of advantage in the technology? And we did not speak about the advancments during this time! The IS did destroy the StarLeague technology! The Clans have it all the time and advanced it!
What kind of balance you speak about??? Accept it, the Clans have the advantage and do not obstruct the pilots!
Just see the Solaris! The Annihilator leads the leaderboard! The ANH has all the modern equipments and what did you let on the CLAN side??? Direwolf? An obsolate crap Direwolf with Standard armor??? Oh, sorry, is not there an ordinary 100tons Clan mech in the class? Really? Who is the responsible for it? And why are there 14 IS and 13 Clan mechs in the Solaris? And why can't I use my MAD-IIC-D from Division 2 in the Division 1? It is in the same weight-class compared to a MAD-IIC-SC which is available in the D1. And it has energy hardpoint in the head, while the Scorch does not have it. The pilot steps forward to the D1 for better mechs, and gets it on the IS side, but does not on the Clan side. All of you obstruct both the Clan side and the clanner pilots! It is disgusting!
Umpteen, I am looking forward with interest if the Blood Asp would have FF armor and endo-steel or not. It does not have ballistic+energy capable omnipod, only has omnipods with energy or ballistic Hardpoints separately.
We can speak about the Urbanmech's armor. 360points for a 30tons mech, really? And of course it has FF! A 55tons Stormcrow ha 360points!!!

And we can speak about the differences between the Marauders. Just look at the structures points. The IS MAD has 48pts on the SideTorso, the MQD IIC has only 35! Despite of the +10tons???!!! And it is just one mech, one component!!!

Where are you weakening the Clans to? How long will you do it???!!! What is the aim???!!! Where is the aim???!!!

It is disguting that and how you tune the IS!

You are disgusting!!!

Edited by Pure NZ, 17 July 2018 - 10:50 AM.

#265 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationHuntress - Pahn City (X:Y Coordinates: 49.19:1,756.45)

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:46 AM

180 missiles in 1ton? Really? Let's count! 1,000Kg:180=~5Kg!!!
5Kg weight missiles with 3-4m length???
Even my shopping cart is more heavy!
Are you OK? Are you crazy?

#266 SirHavan

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:58 AM

Please further reduce IS LAMS heat - we don't get more then two AMS per mech and running dual LAMS will over heat you without even firing a weapon! maybe neg ghost heat? please?

#267 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:13 AM

View PostSirHavan, on 17 July 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

Please further reduce IS LAMS heat - we don't get more then two AMS per mech and running dual LAMS will over heat you without even firing a weapon! maybe neg ghost heat? please?

As a Clanner that does LRMs a LOT, I 100% support increasing the efficiency of IS AMS over Clan AMS, (say 25-50%) but would like to keep LAMS identical. I have trouble reconciling the lore with IS having better energy weapon technology, which LAMS is a part of. (it's also one of the reasons why I find the Clan laser nerfing so frustrating, especially when they're trying to make the IS lasers a better weapon for the actual battlefield, not just a spreadsheet)

#268 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,593 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:28 AM

Jeez that Cicada "Warrhorn" simply annoying after a second that thing..Give me a newspaper Cokpit item to smash that big fat annoying bug...
Someone needs to talk with pgi about the definition of "Warhorn"

Edited by Mighty Spike, 17 July 2018 - 01:27 PM.

#269 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:44 AM

View PostPure NZ, on 17 July 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

Dear PGI(Russ Bullock) and every Mechwarriors!

It is sure you have realized the differences between the CLAN Autocannons and its IS counterpart.
I think mainly their range. The IS' ACs(simple, ultra, LBX) have 30-50% more range than their CLAN counterparts. How can it be possible? It is basic the CLAN weapons are better in any spot. For example, the sarna do also claims the battlefield specs of LB20-X are identical between the IS and the CLAN versions, the only difference being in the size and weight. It is basic! In contrast, you did make the IS weapons better, have greater range, all the ballistic weapons have greater range.
And the ACs, Ultra-ACs? How can it be possible the CLAN AC20 should shoot 4 times to do 20dmg, the IS one has 1shoot/20dmg? At the same range??? If the Clan AC20 damages 20 with 4shoots, it should have an AC5's range!!! Even if we speak about what the sarna also claims, there are a lots of AC types in the same class, some have bigger cal and lower projectile speed with shorter range: some have smaller cal with higher projectile speed with longer range, BUT all the weapons in the same class has the same damage. In contrast, the Clan weapons shoot 4 times to damage the same value as the IS ones do it AT LONGER RANGE in 1SHOOT! Equip a twin Clan-AC20, shoot, and does 4times more heat than a twin IS-AC!!! What is this IS tuning ********?!
And do not speak about you graciously let the 55tons max limit in the scouting to the Clans in the name of something and the Stormcrow became available. But! Why does not the Stormcrow have two ballistic hardpoints? The IS mechs have lots of variety of the hardpoints in the case of symmetric and assymmetric loadout. Why can't I do it under the Clan side? Why can't I construct a twin and symmetric ballistic mech in scouting? Why is not there ordinary mechs on the Clans side?
Why is not there a 100tons omni with FF armor, head energy hardpoint and all the variety? Why the IS has 50-100% more ordinary mech in all the variety of hardpoints/construction? Why do not have the capability to equip FF, endo-steel, DoubleHS on the Clan mech when you draw 1 Clan-mech after 3 or more IS mechs?
In addition, when you do an IS tuning, you do it in the name of balance! You can explain it everytime why you tune the IS!
Maybe I am wrong, but was not the Clans that began an invasion against the IS?!!! Not the Clans have a 250years of advantage in the technology? And we did not speak about the advancments during this time! The IS did destroy the StarLeague technology! The Clans have it all the time and advanced it!
What kind of balance you speak about??? Accept it, the Clans have the advantage and do not obstruct the pilots!
Just see the Solaris! The Annihilator leads the leaderboard! The ANH has all the modern equipments and what did you let on the CLAN side??? Direwolf? An obsolate crap Direwolf with Standard armor??? Oh, sorry, is not there an ordinary 100tons Clan mech in the class? Really? Who is the responsible for it? And why are there 14 IS and 13 Clan mechs in the Solaris? And why can't I use my MAD-IIC-D from Division 2 in the Division 1? It is in the same weight-class compared to a MAD-IIC-SC which is available in the D1. And it has energy hardpoint in the head, while the Scorch does not have it. The pilot steps forward to the D1 for better mechs, and gets it on the IS side, but does not on the Clan side. All of you obstruct both the Clan side and the clanner pilots! It is disgusting!
Umpteen, I am looking forward with interest if the Blood Asp would have FF armor and endo-steel or not. It does not have ballistic+energy capable omnipod, only has omnipods with energy or ballistic Hardpoints separately.
We can speak about the Urbanmech's armor. 360points for a 30tons mech, really? And of course it has FF! A 55tons Stormcrow ha 360points!!!

And we can speak about the differences between the Marauders. Just look at the structures points. The IS MAD has 48pts on the SideTorso, the MQD IIC has only 35! Despite of the +10tons???!!! And it is just one mech, one component!!!

Where are you weakening the Clans to? How long will you do it???!!! What is the aim???!!! Where is the aim???!!!

It is disguting that and how you tune the IS!

You are disgusting!!!

What is disgusting is misinformed rants:

Posted Image

The *ONLY* range advantage IS ballistics have is the LB family and that's *ONLY* for the MAX range, not even the OPTIMAL range... So sure in a single category you can do damage farther, but it will also spread more so not only will it be less effective dmg/ton, but you'll typically get less hits...

#270 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:45 AM

View PostMister Maf, on 17 July 2018 - 04:20 AM, said:

Hang up a second. Kodiak 3 is going up to division 1 while the King Crabs are staying in divisions 2 and 3? Did I read that right? Am I the only one whose experience is the KGC heavily outclasses the KDK in Solaris?? And also heavily outclasses everything else in divisions 2 and 3, for that matter????

You can take it with a highlander pretty easily if you use the highlander's agility to your advantage and the right variant/build.

#271 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:54 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 17 July 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

Jeez that Cicada "Warrhorn" simply annoying after a second that thing..Give me a newspaper Cokpit item to smash that annoying bug...
Someone needs to talk with pgi about the definition of "Warhorn"

I would love to mute warhorns (for me). But yeah, that's just me...

#272 JUGMAN

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:58 AM

I never post but this is going to create a poop storm of negative feedback. The game will be ruined by little poop heads from steam running around in LRM boats. No more gun boat fun. NARC TAG LRM....over and over again. PGI this will be the death for this game. IT may take a year or two but it will happen. Very sad ending to a once fun game.

JUGMAN

#273 Jimmy the Jim Jimmies

• Pip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:30 PM

Every game so far was a LRM fest.
I'm not sure what was expected, but I don't expect to p(l)ay this much longer.

#274 Purple Invention

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:31 PM

I am literally flabbergasted by you PGI! You guys are all dying to take a permanent vacation it seems. Chris pack your travel bag mate!

Now Lets rename the game to: Mechwarrior ONline. LURMAGGEDON!

And keep the exclamation point there to hammer in the point...

Im done spending more on less fun...

#275 Father Bill

• PipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationWherever the Fox needs me

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:33 PM

On a triple AMS Nova equipped with 2 LAMS and 1 AMS in match the AMS does not register. It shows as a LAMS -1 in game. I have tested it on the Nova and it is consistent. I will also test it on the Kit Fox and the Pirahana A and see if they work the same.

#276 Me tarzan

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:39 PM

IS anyone else having an issue launching the client? Everything worked fine before the patch, but now the opening splash screen is playing in super slow motion almost black hole time delay slow. And it is NOT using my GPU. I have an nVidia 1050 Ti.

I have removed and re-installed the portal and client 2 times and rebooted between re-installs.

#277 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:43 PM

Still present...

Posted Image

#278 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 711 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:45 PM

Add to the list

Posted Image

AND

https://youtu.be/SDd1RbyLSHE

#279 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:25 PM

Lol coloring :)

#280 Gryphorim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 382 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:08 PM

So did any weapon retrofits get done? Update to the roadmap said these would be in patch notes, yet there is no mention of any weapon refits or even the changes to the shadowhawk camo that supposedly were holding refits up.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users