#1 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:25 AM

Move the KING CRABS on DIV1. WTF, IS THIS JOKE for those who suffered on DIV 3?>? Or put some kind of GH on the proper ballistics at some point. You penaltise the use of double AC20 but not the 6+ AC2. Who the heck is balancing the game? Does he even play at Solaris?

#2 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:29 AM

yes they are very annoying, and if the player is good i hardly stand a chance.

Had good results using Wolfhound with med pulses though, going for legs. Also piranha with 6 heavy meds works very well.
but as i said in another thread, they are making heavy mechs almost obsolete in div 2 and 3, why taking a heavy if there is a good chance to face a KC? Rather take a light right away or a KC myself.

#3 Jettrik Ryflix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 183 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh?

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:40 AM

Yeah, I think they should swap the King Crab with the Mauler. The Mauler is hilariously outclassed in D1, it would get trashed by the D2 KGC 95% of the time.

#4 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:05 AM

It's going to be 3 months before the new 'hand-tuned' divisions come out. Until then, just play the 1-3 meta mechs and avoid everything else!!!!!!!

#5 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:57 PM

Yeah, i had a look at the leaderboards.

Annihilator AC2s Div 1, King Crab AC2s Div 2, King Crabs with some lasers and ACs Div 3, Jagermech with 4-6 AC or LB2s in Div 4 mostly used.

I just hope they dont nerf AC2s in general just because of Solaris. But some AC 2 nerf when it s more than 4 used would help to make the game a better experience for many i think.

Personally i dont use those builds because i just think it s no fun. Of course it still takes a lot of skill actually hitting your shots.

#6 SmokedJag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:05 PM

Called this when the (lack of) changes were annonced. Instead of kicking the KCG to the division with the other 6xAC boats they promoted the only Cbill assaults a Crab would fear. (Brawler) Warhawk, KDK3, and Annihilator 1E (heat sink and energy boat). Everything else is either too slow to close, too fragile, or MC/cash only.

Get that Annihilator type Crab build up there with the rest of the Annihilators.

#7 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 21 July 2018 - 02:59 PM

I came to play MechWarrior online 6 years ago to make my own builds and test them on battlefield. If 100% of server plays the same builds then just remove mechlab and apply the meta to all. I see so many nice ideas from casual players that die on the fly because : 1.Meta is the poison of the game and 2. Solaris arenas have nothing to do with Solaris games as they supposed to be. Instead of promoting the selling point of previous mw titles of "Build your own idea" ,the first question a guy does is : "whats the meta nowdays?" How this game will attract new players if there is no space for new ideas. And before the toxic comments appear like : Git Good or go get a crab yourself or the other , my point is not to complain but correct a mistake. There is no actual counter for that King Crab . And if you happen to kill a few (I did), you need to have a specific way to do it that will get destroyed by the rest of division. So do you choose to gamble vs an exploit or just play and relax.?

#8 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:39 PM

I can't wait to smash these guys with my Scorch. Anything to get away from Annihilator spam!

#9 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:52 AM

The cherry on top is division two piranhas . I had a fight not so long ago. IF A DEVELOPER WATCHES THE FORUMS let me inform you that the atlas cannot aim at the piranha. You know what this thing is called? It is called an exploit. And you let it happen legitimately.

From Wikipedia:

In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.[1] Exploits have been classified as a form of cheating; however, the precise determination of what is or is not considered an exploit can be controversial. This debate stems from a number of factors but typically involves the argument that the issues are part of the game and require no changes or external programs to take advantage of them.

W A K E U P AND FIX YOUR GAME. THE LOVE AMOUNTS FOR THIS GAME START TO DEPLETE.

Edited by Alexandros, 22 July 2018 - 10:56 AM.

#10 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 22 July 2018 - 12:10 PM

king crab is so easy to kill in div 2. dunno why y'all are having problems with them.

View PostAlexandros, on 22 July 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

The cherry on top is division two piranhas . I had a fight not so long ago. IF A DEVELOPER WATCHES THE FORUMS let me inform you that the atlas cannot aim at the piranha. You know what this thing is called? It is called an exploit. And you let it happen legitimately.

From Wikipedia:

In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.[1] Exploits have been classified as a form of cheating; however, the precise determination of what is or is not considered an exploit can be controversial. This debate stems from a number of factors but typically involves the argument that the issues are part of the game and require no changes or external programs to take advantage of them.

W A K E U P AND FIX YOUR GAME. THE LOVE AMOUNTS FOR THIS GAME START TO DEPLETE.

it's not an exploit. you can aim down at them. adapt. take arm weapons.

If you can't play one mech, take a different one. There's not just one mech.

#11 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 12:13 PM

View PostUakari, on 21 July 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

Yeah, i had a look at the leaderboards.

Annihilator AC2s Div 1, King Crab AC2s Div 2, King Crabs with some lasers and ACs Div 3, Jagermech with 4-6 AC or LB2s in Div 4 mostly used.

I just hope they dont nerf AC2s in general just because of Solaris. But some AC 2 nerf when it s more than 4 used would help to make the game a better experience for many i think.

Personally i dont use those builds because i just think it s no fun. Of course it still takes a lot of skill actually hitting your shots.

you mean people who farmed 12 potatos to get to top spot?

The real people who have played are those with at least 20-30+ wins/losses. those are the real players with actual meta.

Edited by Scout Derek, 22 July 2018 - 12:14 PM.

#12 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:33 PM

View PostUakari, on 21 July 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

I am fairly certain that thec dev mentioned that solaris balancing will not affect normal gameplay.
That said, i do hope ac2 will get nerfed in solaris. It's really stupid imo, the mech with the most AC2s wins, simple as that.
Div1? boat AC2s!
Div2? boat AC2s!
Div3? boat AC2s!
Div4? boat AC2s!
Div5? Starts to get a bit more diverse, but if anything fails, get a rifleman with... *drumroll* AC2s!
Div6+7 finally get a bit more diverse.

It's quite hard to ignore that hardpoints+tonnage spend on AC2s will offer a significant chance to win.

#13 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:44 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 23 July 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

I am fairly certain that thec dev mentioned that solaris balancing will not affect normal gameplay.
That said, i do hope ac2 will get nerfed in solaris. It's really stupid imo, the mech with the most AC2s wins, simple as that.
Div1? boat AC2s!
Div2? boat AC2s!
Div3? boat AC2s!
Div4? boat AC2s!
Div5? Starts to get a bit more diverse, but if anything fails, get a rifleman with... *drumroll* AC2s!
Div6+7 finally get a bit more diverse.

It's quite hard to ignore that hardpoints+tonnage spend on AC2s will offer a significant chance to win.

Significant? maybe. Ensured? No, those who boat hexa ac/2s don't know any other meta.

The Real meta is the Orion IIC. I will climb to the top and bash those crabs down back into the hundreds place.

#14 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:06 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 23 July 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

Significant? maybe. Ensured? No, those who boat hexa ac/2s don't know any other meta.

The Real meta is the Orion IIC. I will climb to the top and bash those crabs down back into the hundreds place.

I have not said it's an autowin.
Also, i hope you're being ironic here, i know several on the top ladders, they know the meta.. ALL THE META. They boat AC2 for a reason.
I might not have that many games played but from what i have seen, literally 1 orion on 30 AC2 boats, it doesn't do all that great. I lost, me being stupid and going for the non AC Sidetoso, close fight, good brawl, great match.

#15 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:54 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 23 July 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

I have not said it's an autowin.
Also, i hope you're being ironic here, i know several on the top ladders, they know the meta.. ALL THE META. They boat AC2 for a reason.
I might not have that many games played but from what i have seen, literally 1 orion on 30 AC2 boats, it doesn't do all that great. I lost, me being stupid and going for the non AC Sidetoso, close fight, good brawl, great match.

Oh I know. I said the ensured part on my own.

And I'm not. AC/2 boating sucks in div 2. I invite you to watch some of my matches tonight sometime, and I'll show you that the fearsome ac/2 king crabs suck in div 2.

We are talking div 2 aren't we? Could care less about div 1. Div 1 is dominated by annihilators. nonstop.

#16 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:05 PM

AC2 meta is countered by any compearable damage per second build that fires in bursts. SRMs are great for this, so are clan LB20-Xs. None of this matters vs an Annihilator of course, because they are a cancerous abomination. But for Krabs, they are only meta for those who don't know any b~ I mean yeees. Yes. Disregard this post...

#17 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:34 PM

Just for added proof, here's a screenshot someone took when spectating me against data in his "meta" king crab. (He's at the top cause he farmed other people, wowie! /Sarcasm)

Posted Image

King crab is not meta in div 2. Just saying.

And no, don't say that choosing mech factory they get an easy win, they're still fat torso magnets. And very Immobile.

The losses I surmount come from people who actually brawl properly and one is from a crashing of a game and another a hiccup on the servers.

#18 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:14 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 23 July 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

And I'm not. AC/2 boating sucks in div 2. I invite you to watch some of my matches tonight sometime, and I'll show you that the fearsome ac/2 king crabs suck in div 2.

We are talking div 2 aren't we? Could care less about div 1. Div 1 is dominated by annihilators. nonstop.

It does. It doesn't stand up well to a brawl at close range, especially against an LB10/MRM60 Highlander.

#19 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:15 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 23 July 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

I wasn't taking about divison 2 exclusively, although, i can image that a kingcrab is easier to kill then an anni duo to hitboxes.
I've seem AC2 annis AC2 Crabs AC2 Jagers AC2 riflemans.. it's a repeating theme. AC2 turrets, literal turrets. They don't twist, hardly move, just staring you down while holding the "AC button" TM, it's as stupid as effective.

I partially blame the map layout, you can't really downvote ranged maps since it always boils down to that jungle map (which i think favors range builds too).

In Div5, i managed to brawl down a couple of AC2 boating riflemans, very narrow wins. Used terrain, twisted most of the incoming damage away to the point were i only have an open CT and an open ST left (lf engine) all the while those turrets blatantly giving me their best turreting impersonation. Top notched skillbased combat.. not.

I'm not argueing that those builds can't be brawled down (with an optimized build, on an optimal quirked mech) and a good portion of skill.

What i am on about is that AC2 boats have a low skill but high reward layout. Blatantly pretending to be a turret should not be this rewarding.

On that note, i've looked at the stats for a bit and while this is just an impression and not a sientific research, it's still worth mentioning i think.

A single AC10 (which i assume to be the base level of autocannons) absolutely gets owned by a pair of AC2s,
Same weight

2 slots vs 7 slots
double velocity
25%ish more range
lower heat
roughly 25% more dps

It's becoming fairly obvious why people boat them.

While it's obvious not 100% comparable, those are what?
DPS values of 7-8 PPCs? 4 AC10s? Pinpoint, without heat issues..and 30-50% less weight.
It just screams imbalance, yea they need to facetank, but with such good values, they can easily afford it.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 24 July 2018 - 04:45 AM.

#20 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:58 AM

If you could limit your obliteration of krabs to the higher echelons before the lower ranked players rage quit that'd be grand, Derek. Some of us are on holiday and haven't played our placement matches yet, and I shall be dissapointed if I jump in and I'm facing loads of "Derek's Builds" :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users