113 replies to this topic

#101 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:12 PM

I'll probably stay til the lights go out (the bright ones, not the mech class) mostly because I like it AND IT'S A FREAKING BATTLETECH GAME!! I've have killed to have been able to play a game like this as a kid.

The only parts of the game I don't like are Solaris and Domination on Polar Highlands. And that's mostly due to my lack of skill.

Edited by Bowelhacker, 01 August 2018 - 08:12 PM.

#102 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:15 PM

View PostImperius, on 30 July 2018 - 07:53 AM, said:

Many whales and streamers have left MWO and it’s getting real bad.

Who is still around and why?

Also

If you quit MWO why?

Please be specific and offer suggestions that may solve your issues to bring you back.

Short term to bring me back. Revert engine desync and adjust 2x Gauss 2x ER-PPC Ghost Heat value to allow 1 alpha.

Long term to keep me. Announce and move MWO to Unreal 4 and prove your commitment to the online service. I see no more need to invest into this game if this is the end.

Why I'm here (at least on a forums): I've invested around $750 into this game - I just can't throw them out of window, so sometimes I play this game, when I can't play other better games due to some reasons (they're blocked on my work for example).
Why I've left (stopped actively playing) - 3 reasons, as always:
1) Lack of proper matchmaking (problem started prior to loss of majority of playerbase) - constant stomps, loss streaks, etc. Game isn't enjoyable at all.
2) Lack of proper map/mode design - lack of balanced maps, almost all maps are Meta-biased and map vote system isn't truly random - certain maps are forced into rotation, so choice is simply removed.
3) Lack of balance or even inverted balance - Lights are tanky, Assaults are squishy, Clans are still OP, etc.

Edited by MrMadguy, 01 August 2018 - 08:16 PM.

#103 S O L A I S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 390 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:58 PM

View PostNightbird, on 30 July 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

The people left are the people who enjoy the game and the people who hate the game but are masochists?

I am still here because when Nightbird is not around I almost look like a decent player.

#104 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:15 PM

I'm going to just go 10 matches for every alt.

Too many good games coming up in the next few months.

#105 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:42 PM

Lurking around and playing irregular matches. Playing Star Trek Online after they added their new expansion for free.

My wallet is closed anway due to the one sded nd horrible tought through PTS Clan Nerfs

Edited by Black Ivan, 01 August 2018 - 11:08 PM.

#106 Taffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 500 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:07 PM

It just got boring for me. I check the forums once in a while to see what's going on.

There is nothing they can do. The game is just too stale. I can only play deathmatch for so long. Even if they added 10 new maps and 100 new mechs, I wouldn't care.

In the future, if they make another online Mechwarrior game, I'd say copy Living Legends as much as you can. Large maps with objectives, basically. I want a game I can get into, I'm just so tired of the plain old deathmatch stuff.

#107 Max Von Lakes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 164 posts
  • LocationThe Lakes, England

Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:26 AM

I'm still here, since closed Beta.
Had a few spells off, and my logging in is less frequent lately.
Would have been considered a whale for a long time, but the wallet is shut for now.

The overuse of lock on cancer weaponry puts a serious downer on the game, I'm my opinion. LRM/ATM/SSRM have a place, but 7 or more mechs using them exclusively is ridiculous.
The larger group tactic of running 2-3 piranhas/mistlynx with 5-7 cancerboats is very broken, and very un-fun on the receiving end.
The matchmaker is seriously broken; too many games 0-2 kills to 12 kill wipes.
Polar Highlands needs reworked (introduce some cover) or removed until missiles are reined back to being sensible. Once it gets to 10-10:30 pm UK time and that map gets selected... you can pretty much guarantee the sky will be blocked out by missiles from 'Murica.
Faction warfare is so unbalanced, unvaried, and un-fun it's almost torturous.

The positives for me to stay playing, are the (sadly dwindling number of) good friends, and good community members I drop with and against regularly.
I also enjoy the 'Unicorn' games that go to the wire and end with 1 or 2 kill difference, and/or employ different weapons and tactics; sadly though, as I allude to, these matches are becoming increasingly rare.

#108 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:16 PM

I have been bored with this game for a long time. I play because I am a unit leader and to keep the moral up for my Devil Dogs. I participated in the WC this year because of stock mode, which was interesting, but now that we have our 20 matches out of the way, not enough guys are coming on to improve our standings. I do some of the challenges. I am here out of an obligation to my unit. If my unit weren't here, I might still play periodically. But I haven't been enthused about the game in a couple years.

I have time and again suggested things to the devs, and you old guard forum warriors probably remember I was far more active.
Virtually nothing has been done in the direction that I think would improve the state of the game.

What improvements would I want to see that would make me more enthused?

1. First and foremost, get rid of this friggin engine-desync thing. So many mechs I used to enjoy I cannot any more.
2. REAL faction warfare, where our effort means something for our faction. Where taking a planet means something - either adding assets to our force or taking them away.
3. Combined arms in FW. As you take planets, you unlock aerospace, tank, infantry, battle armor assets.
4. Supply lines. The closer you are to your capital, the bigger the payout (so small factions would pay more than big factions, but may not have all the combined arms options due to lack of factories/mustering grounds).
5. RAID MODE in faction warfare, where the bigger the faction is, the more opportunity there is to do raids on their supply lines reducing payouts at the front if the raiders are successful.
6. Battle value used instead of tonnage for matchmaking and drop deck building. Essentially: give a mech a value of 1-100 based upon it's abilities, instead of using tonnage. That way a timber wolf is no longer equal to a black knight, more like equal to a Cyclops or Atlas, let's say. (Of course, we're speaking of the fun, pre-nerfed TWolf, not the neutered crap wolf we have now.) Battle value will allow mechs to be what they are, rather than trying to force them into a false equality. A pre-nerf Kodiak would NOT be equal to a king crab. There would be NO equal other than maybe a pre-nerf Dire Wolf. But this simple fix, which would do away with this obsession to try to balance things by weight, has been deemed "Too Difficult" by the devs, who spend their tunnel vision inspired time to try to make everything perfectly equal, which to me, seems like a form of insanity.

I feel writing all this, though, is a waste of energy. I play other games while hanging in teamspeak for when my my guys need me. Most of the old guard are gone. Sometimes they check in. Sometimes we play other games. New blood is hard to come by when you play in group queue, because you never meet them. And training up yet another guy on how to play the game is tedious when you've already trained dozens of people who have over time disappeared.

You do the suggestions I suggested, and I would wake up, and go out and FIND old devil dogs and bring them back into the game. I have their emails, facebooks, etc... The network exists, but something has to be fun and immersive to bring them back - and that includes un-nerfing the clan mechs and assaults. I can't tell you how many guys give up whenever their favorite mechs are no longer fun to play. You rarely see me in assaults when I play now, where I used to run them regularly. And I have 3 hero, and 4 non-hero timber wolves collecting dust. Makes me angry and resentful just thinking about it.

I am here because I love my guys. But I'd actually be enthusiastic and playing more if you got rid of engine desync and replaced tonnage with battle value. And so would so many more people.

#109 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:12 PM

This thread has been moved to Ktown for nonconstructive posting behavior.
Note the quoted text from the Code of Conduct under:

SPAMMING / TROLLING / UNCONSTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOR
- Sending communications for the purpose of causing unrest.
- Posting farewells, such as “I quit”, “I’m done”, “I’m leaving”, and any similar variations.
- Communicating non-constructive comments.

#110 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:06 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 02 August 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

[mod] This thread has been moved to Ktown for nonconstructive posting behavior.
Note the quoted text from the Code of Conduct under:

SPAMMING / TROLLING / UNCONSTRUCTIVE BEHAVIOR
- Sending communications for the purpose of causing unrest.
- Posting farewells, such as “I quit”, “I’m done”, “I’m leaving”, and any similar variations.
- Communicating non-constructive comments.[/mod]

Odd. I read many posts that describe people's frustrations and suggestions on features to remove and/or add to the game to make it better. Frustrated people need a voice, need a place to vent - but I think you can agree that we aren't here because we've given up hope. I hope that Ktown doesn't mean that you guys at PGI aren't reading this and taking note of what is broken and needs to be fixed, and good stuff that will help make the game better and revive the player base.

#111 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:34 PM

Yup definitely a good thread giving good feedback of what people want from MWO. Labeled as non-constructive somehow.

#112 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:39 AM

Ah good to see some things haven't changed.

#113 Positive Mental Attitude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWAYup

Posted 05 August 2018 - 07:55 AM

Spent almost 2 years playing a korean gold farmer game after playing this one too much. Came back to many games after that korean mistake, every game i played besides mwo had a ton of new things going on. MWO had solaris which was released maybe 2 weeks before i came back, no one playing it because the meta got instantly stale. On top of that the playerbase has clearly gotten worse at the game while the old really good players are few and far between. Faction play is now just a terrible version of quickplay, taking much longer with little to no good teams at all left.

Youd think if they ever just implemented what they sold us on that powerpoint many years ago, maybe something even close to world of tanks style we wouldnt be here.

Maybe if we hadnt focused on esports, something none of the mwo community asked for and nobody of twitch actually cares to watch we could be playing and enjoying the game more, with a healthy community filled with rivalries that have ongoing cares and concerns.

Yea this thread really deserved to go to ktown also, no one here expessing anything worth listening to /s

almost forgot we did get this this tho Posted Image

Edited by Positive Mental Attitude, 05 August 2018 - 08:23 AM.

#114 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 09:39 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 July 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

Still here. Gonna be here until the servers go out. This is one online game I am very good at.

Posted Image

This aged...poorly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users