113 replies to this topic

#21 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:55 AM

I visit and comment on the forums still from time to time, but I haven't actively played the game in several months (maybe a year). The reason is just simply because I have played the game for years, and I have had my fill of MWO. It was a great ride and experience, but like everything, there is a point of over-saturation and it is just time to move on.

After all, this game is old, and nothing lasts forever no matter what changes are being made or what changes could be made. It is the nature of gaming. People move on.

PGI knows this. That is probably one of the reasons why they are developing a new product in the form of MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, to have a new revenue stream.

I have a feeling this game still has a fairly strong player base and will continue on for quite a long while. Still, this game is long in the tooth, and it is going to experience people (especially the old-timers) start to move away and play other things (my self included).

I'll be here for MW5:Mercs though, so PGI won't get a rid of me permanently :)

#22 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:58 AM

Question: Why is it important whether or not the top players still play? What are they to you?

#23 John Stoner

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:58 AM

Streamers leaving, because they earn not enough money with streaming MWO. And to be honest that BS of this game is dead, gets slowly enoying. In some other games hear that since 7 years and suprice, way more alive then those haters thought.

Sure PGI will always balancing this game, because sometimes the Laser ppl are mad and after patch the LRM ppl. Also could MWO need some better graphics. But to be honest let them finish 1st MW5 (plus some Addons (no DLC's)) and then they can move on with MWO.

#24 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:05 AM

Been around lurking since closed beta (back when it was just pure IS vs IS). Installed and uninstalled the game throughout the years (mainly to save necessary hard drive space if anything). I'm still keeping a close watchful eye on mech packs near the end of each month. However, ever since the hard nerfs, lack of immersion, repetitive game play, and burning out on quick play has left me no desire to play MW:O. I've always had wishful thinking of what MW:O could have been. Now, I'm only here lurking on the forums for the hope of the "classics" nuseens returning to MW:O.

#25 JadeLight

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:15 AM

This game really has good replay ability. I promise you there is more to the game, you just have to find it. Far too many roles to master for me to get bored.

#26 Geg

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:18 AM

I have been here for a few years. Will probably be here until the game End of Life's or another Battletech FPS/Simulators get's developed. I don't think things are perfect, but I also don't think that the current outrage matches it's effect on game play.

Edited by Geg, 30 July 2018 - 10:18 AM.

#27 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:20 AM

The exodus is accelerating. Pretty soon PGI will have succeeded in eradicating all skill in this game. Great job, PGI, that e-spurts ambition looks totally promising now with your one-button missile meta.

#28 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:34 AM

the current state of the game is make it to MW5

#29 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:35 AM

Admittedly not playing much at all. Booted it up a few times. But just couldn't bring myself to click play. It's not that I don't find the game fun. There's just not enough to keep coming back to the same exact thing. There's no purpose and little sense of immersion.

I'll probably feel like playing again at some point

#30 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:40 AM

I play less than I have been as it's already been said plenty, lack of fun, no emersion and this crazy attempt trying to balance things just makes it worse. As I said before, I bought my mechs at the time based on the existing performance AT THE TIME. Now I fee like I have been ripped off and am not willing to purchase any new stuff as a result.

I am a Freelancer an play both IS and Clan mechs. But it's not like it used to be and wish they would take us back to December of 2016 or before the Engine Desynch and leave things alone.

#31 IronEleven

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:40 AM

View PostSavage Wolf, on 30 July 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

Question: Why is it important whether or not the top players still play? What are they to you?

My unit leader, the folks who organized FP drops, the people who taught me to get better at the game, streamers and their associated communities, my teammates during the most fun and memorable matches I've had in this game. All gone.

#32 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:42 AM

I'd like to thank HBS for giving me something I enjoy more than the current MWO matchmaker. And yes, that's what pushed me over the edge- realizing that the matchmaker isn't going to match me with similar players, just attempt to stuff everyone into the same games with a "here, carry the trash".

I haven't even updated MWO for the past two patches at this point, but I'm all for the Aurigan Reach at this point. Heck, it even has melee!

#33 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:56 AM

Looking at Steam charts we're in a low point but no different from Sept 2017 and June 2016. Maybe if we drop below 800 that would indicate a real trend.

https://steamcharts.com/app/342200

#34 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

I'm retired from active play. Play events with MC and even that is hard to do... Both teams I was on are gone... A few of them are whales that buy everything but really, don't play at all anymore. They tried a few games in Solaris and most left again.

I volunteered (or, was volunteered; even if I greatly out-rank him...you can't argue with a CSM....) to stay some what involved in case PGI gets the game back to some level of rational game play with decent populations..... I'm still here and read the forums in between waiting for other games to load up.....

#35 Cyanogene

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:17 PM

Don't really play anymore. The wait between short matches isn't worth my time. Occasionally visit the forum to collect salt.

#36 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:39 PM

Just waiting for new toys to play with and events to stock up that MC for a Battlemaster Hellslinger

Edited by Armored Yokai, 30 July 2018 - 01:40 PM.

#37 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:51 PM

I'm still around. I go on MWO vacations from time to time where I've lost interest completely, but I do that with any game that I've played too much. Eventually I will cycle back around to MWO. Been on a War Thunder kick recently. Starting to get real tired of War Thunder though. I might make my latest comeback soon.

#38 Varathius

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:17 PM

I played all MW games since MW1 including all expansion packs. I am now again playing MW4 Mercs on one of my retro PCs, and all I can tell you is I am having a blast.
I see no reason why Graphics would want someone to stay long term, I could play a game on MW2 graphics if it is good and not centered on brutal money making (the reason I left here). I will be giving this another shot.

#39 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:20 PM

View PostNightbird, on 30 July 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

Looking at Steam charts we're in a low point but no different from Sept 2017 and June 2016. Maybe if we drop below 800 that would indicate a real trend.

https://steamcharts.com/app/342200

what about the people that are playing and not using steam?

#40 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:55 PM

I've spent a good amount of money and time on this game but finally uninstalled it last Friday. Don't see myself coming back anytime soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook