Faction Play - A New Hope (Pgi Taking Input)

1163 replies to this topic

#881 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:55 PM

View PostNinjah, on 27 September 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

PGI putting resorces into FP? Don't make me laugh. We'll get a couple of trivial fixes, just enough for milking to continue for a few more months and that's it.

Stop wasting your time giving suggestions to a brick wall and find something better to play. Best thing to do right now is to boycot the game till it dies and PGI loses the licence or they actually do some work. Which will never happen.

you can go F your self. i love battletech and MWO. you can go ahead and leave. no one is stopping you. seems to me that for some one who hates this game so much...you are fairly active on the forums. just stop talking if you really dont give two shits.

Edited by dante245, 27 September 2018 - 11:29 PM.

#882 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:03 PM

View PostNinjah, on 27 September 2018 - 12:11 AM, said:

PGI putting resorces into FP? Don't make me laugh. We'll get a couple of trivial fixes, just enough for milking to continue for a few more months and that's it.

Stop wasting your time giving suggestions to a brick wall and find something better to play. Best thing to do right now is to boycot the game till it dies and PGI loses the licence or they actually do some work. Which will never happen.

also...you find me a team based....giant mech combat game that allows you to customize and build your mech, all the while containing rich lore and history? there IS NO OTHER GAME THAT EXIST that is like MWO. period!! hawken went belly up, and ALL battle royal and FPS shooters can go F them selves. they all such. there all toxic player bases of idiot hipsters and 12 years olds telling me they slept with my mum. fortnight being the worst. so boycotting the only game that gives this experience is about the most moronic thing to do!!

also you misspelled resources lol

Edited by dante245, 27 September 2018 - 11:28 PM.

#883 Frankensiefken

Rookie

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:43 PM

Ghost drop online,

Really need more people playing FW it's sad having two ghost drops in a row with a 12 man in group.

#884 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 September 2018 - 03:37 PM

View PostCoyote_, on 28 September 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

Ghost drop online,

Really need more people playing FW it's sad having two ghost drops in a row with a 12 man in group.

I would like to play more but the MM hardly ever matches you up as a solo player? you can wait for hours to get a Clan drop and up to 45 min for a IS drop as a pug. So whos fault is it no one is playing FP?
You know who is responsible right? If the rewards were better for the time played and it was easier to get drops as solo players im sure FP would be played a lot more than it is.

Now your going to hear well duh why don't you find a team to drop with? First off I would assume a lot of players don't have time anymore to constantly be on a team like me and some don't want to team all the time plus the fact is its not easy to find teams playing anymore on TS3 or discord.

So until PGI decides to make it easier and profitable for pugs to drop in FP its going to be a almost dead game mode.

#885 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 September 2018 - 04:57 PM

PGI....GET AN MARKETING TEAM!!!

#886 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:23 PM

View Postdante245, on 28 September 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

PGI....GET AN MARKETING TEAM!!!

Only thing close to that is good ‘ol Matt.

#887 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:21 AM

View Postdante245, on 27 September 2018 - 11:03 PM, said:

also...you find me a team based....giant mech combat game that allows you to customize and build your mech, all the while containing rich lore and history? there IS NO OTHER GAME THAT EXIST that is like MWO. period!! hawken went belly up, and ALL battle royal and FPS shooters can go F them selves. they all such. there all toxic player bases of idiot hipsters and 12 years olds telling me they slept with my mum. fortnight being the worst. so boycotting the only game that gives this experience is about the most moronic thing to do!!

also you misspelled resources lol

since 2 Years MWO have the Same Community , look in the Chats in QP , thats the new MWO generation ...after the most Veterans thats not more in groups or the Groups not playing further MWO leave this games .

you can go F your self. i love battletech and MWO. you can go ahead and leave. no one is stopping you. seems to me that for some one who hates this game so much
Posted Image thats the basic Ground for the Situation today and the less Population..the Most leaves ...the Whales goes most after Russ B. says thats she not further the Interesting part for the future of MWO..MWO will in Future Esport and Casuals

very much reports for bad Language now

Posted Image

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 30 September 2018 - 02:32 AM.

#888 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 01:48 AM

its an old game not so shiney

#889 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 02 October 2018 - 02:32 AM

@Paul
Bit of a question on the maps which kind of popped up in this thread:
https://mwomercs.com...maps-maps-maps/

The question I want to ask is in regards to the out of bounds area.
1. Is it possible to have a map load with a different out of bounds area along with different drop zone locations to create variety in the drops?
2. Would it be possible to adjust the out of bounds area during the game using objectives?
3. Is it then possible to have an out of bounds according to team?

The line of questioning here aimed at enabling something like a rush mode on some of the biggest maps we have, but also to get some random variety out of the maps with each drop.
It has been raised before about having different drop zone locations to create that variety but I'd like to suggest using adjustable out of bounds areas in that as well.

#890 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:00 PM

Its the middle of October. How about a status update. What work has been done on the FP roadmap?

#891 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:57 PM

All hope has died.

#892 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:12 AM

#893 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:07 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 30 September 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

its an old game not so shiney
THEY COULD UPDATE THE GRAPHICS ENGINE! its not that hard, if they say its not do able...i give you evidence A...World of Tanks. they just about a year ago updated there engine, still plays great and almost no increased demand on there game, and there now using HAVOC instead of what they were using. looks much better, but the EXACT SAME GAME, they didn't create WOT 2.0 they just made WOT better. PGI OWNS the rights to unreal, they just made a game in UNREAL, so convert this game to UNREAL. it makes perfect sense. would open the door for new people to get interested in the game, better hit detection, new features "melee, weather effects that actually affect you, etc".

#894 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:19 AM

Cryengine or unreal ...both have on problem.. you brought programmers with experience

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 16 October 2018 - 02:20 AM.

#895 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:35 AM

They've been working on the laser revamp and comp stuff for the past 2 months. Give them another 3 weeks for a new road map and if no FP stuff start refunding packs. Pitchforks ready. (Pre-order a pack or two)

#896 Full Meta Jacket

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:03 AM

It's been two patches since the FP ideas were collected.

Surely simple changes, such as increases to Incursion structure hit points, could have been implemented in the past two months.

#897 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:57 AM

The way how PGI stepmotherly treats MWO is simply embarrassing.

Also I can't find anything about the friendlist refresh button in the patch logs.
The last thing that I heard from the PGI official was, that it wouldn't take much effort to implement it and that was like 2 months ago.

If PGI should still exists after the launch of MW:5, then I hope that they will port MWO as a multiplayer part to MW:5 so that they don't have to maintain 2 engines/games.

Right now I've got the gut feeling that PGI is unable to cope with developing/maintain two games at the same time.

#898 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:09 AM

View PostHanky Spam, on 16 October 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

Right now I've got the gut feeling that PGI is unable to cope with developing/maintain two games at the same time.

Considering developing 1 game at a time has proven difficult, you may be onto something.

#899 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:42 PM

Paul intimated in the other official thread that there will be no new information until Mechcon.

Once that information, what ever it is, is public you can expect action an unspecified time after that.

Realistically I think that means mid next year at the earliest, how ever that is nothing more than a guess on my part.

This was Pauls last post in that thread.

You guys really need to start following that thread.

Edited by slide, 16 October 2018 - 09:45 PM.

#900 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:23 PM

I think I heard that "after MechCon" line before... how about you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users