• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:20 PM

CLAN JADE FALCON vs CLAN WOLF
MINI CAMPAIGN

Day 1 - Skirmish
Aug 10th 00:00 UTC to Aug 11th 00:00 UTC

"Clan Jade Falcon engages Clan Wolf Units on Blackstone in an attempt to secure a staging area for further operations."

Day 2 - Domination
Aug 11th 00:00 UTC to Aug 12th 00:00 UTC

"Clan Jade Falcon attempts to take Oberon VI from Clan Wolf on. The Hyperpulse Generator located on Oberon VI is still nonfunctional."

Day 3 - Conquest
Aug 12th 00:00 UTC to Aug 13th 00:00 UTC

"Clan Wolf units report Clan Jade Falcon Disrupting refinery operations on gas giant "Odin" in the Sigurd System"

Day 4 - Assault
Aug 13th 00:00 UTC to Aug 14th 00:00 UTC

"Local Sigurd colonies report increased Clan Jade Falcon presence. Clan Wolf, caught off-guard by the attacks, plan to retake settlements"

Day 5 - Siege

Aug 14th 00:00 UTC to Aug 15th 00:00 UTC

"Jade Falcon shows the intention to capture Butte Hold III. This time there will be no easy Victory for Clan Wolf"

TSP Owners receive 250,000 C-Bills Per Challenge Completed!

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:24 PM

Good going PGI

#3 ApexSun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX USA

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:27 PM

WOOT! the last invite was quite a nice thing other than the planets only going to those most populated unit but meh, what else can ya do. It was fun.

#4 Sleepyboy14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationChicago, Terra

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:32 PM

Interesting.
Also Matt if we ever do get a Refusal War event, could the end result led to creation of Clan Wolf in Exile and Clan Jade Wolf?

Edited by Sleepyboy14, 07 August 2018 - 02:42 PM.

#5 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:33 PM

Alright, several days of forewarning is greatly appreciated. Now the unit I'm in can go back to being proper Wolves instead of Dragons.

#6 Sedmeister

• PipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 66 posts
  • LocationKuzuu Prefecture, Benjamin Military District, Draconis Combine

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:33 PM

Not sure if I have the time or inclination for this event <clan scum> but a big thank you to PGI for the Kurita V Davion event. I really enjoyed that one. Great work.

#7 MacCaileanMor

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:41 PM

Now you should consider having two or three of these missions going on any given night. Make the units pay to buy mechs, transport mechs, supply the mechs, and have a contract price associated with the mission. Add in some salvage. Pretty soon you would have a meta game.

#8 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 07 August 2018 - 02:44 PM

For love of Kerensky's beard PGI, it is CLAN Jade Falcon.

#9 Geewiz 27

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:45 PM

Awesome news, good work PGI super pumped. Kurita v Davion campaign was great. Can't wait!

#10 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:10 PM

=== Initial Pre-Event Review ===

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 07 August 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors!

We just wanted to give everyone a heads up that we will be running a Jade Falcon vs Clan Wolf Mini-Campaign similar to the recent Kurita vs Davion Faction Play Event. We will be looking to improve the challenges however we will be keeping the challenge period to 24 hours per phase.

We hope you are enjoying the Faction Play Mini-Campaigns events and will join us for the Clan version.

The MechWarrior Online Team

Day 1

Aug 10th 00:00 UTC to Aug 11th 00:00 UTC

Day 2

Aug 11th 00:00 UTC to Aug 12th 00:00 UTC

Day 3

Aug 12th 00:00 UTC to Aug 13th 00:00 UTC

Day 4

Aug 13th 00:00 UTC to Aug 14th 00:00 UTC

FYI: This is not a Refusal War event. However, the tensions caused by Faction Play Mini-Campaigns could lead to such an event.

*facedesk* Posted Image

Well, PGI's Event Handlers, I can see you're not listening to one of the things the Player Base had spent time on Previous Events to try to get across to you. Your Player Base does NOT like being 'Pressure Cooked' with short Time Limits, as well as the effects it has on human minds and bodies, and you've been told plenty enough to have 48-Hour Minimums for each and every Phase/'Day' of an Event. I (and many others) can only hope you've learned some other lessons from the "Kurita vs. Davion" Event and all the problems that were degrading upon it. Frankly, since you're bent on such short Time Limits, check your Challenges carefully and keep them realistic, or start listening to your MWO Community about having 48-Hour Minimum Time Allocations for every Phase/'Day' of any Event you happen to do. Posted Image

For the moment, I'll start this off with an Event Rating of...

7.5/10

...because of this "stuck on 24-Hour Limits" mentality which I see you're unwilling to get off of, and we'll see where it goes from there. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "I've finally hit the point of being a 'Zero Punctuation'-Variety Critic... sans the foul language..." Devnull

[Edit by Post Author due to fighting with Formatting Insanity in the above Quote...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 07 August 2018 - 04:13 PM.

#11 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:15 PM

No defensive this time, please :)

#12 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:18 PM

View PostNinjah, on 07 August 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

No defensive this time, please Posted Image

I have to second that, particularly after the 'Siege Turret Fiasco' from "Kurita vs. Davion"... That was a mess! Posted Image

EDIT -- I think we can agree that requiring an Assault Base Capture in a Challenge is also a BAD idea! :wacko:

~D. V. "RNG = NOT Fun!" Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 07 August 2018 - 04:20 PM.

#13 Geewiz 27

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:50 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 07 August 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

=== Initial Pre-Event Review ===

*facedesk* Posted Image

Well, PGI's Event Handlers, I can see you're not listening to one of the things the Player Base had spent time on Previous Events to try to get across to you. Your Player Base does NOT like being 'Pressure Cooked' with short Time Limits, as well as the effects it has on human minds and bodies, and you've been told plenty enough to have 48-Hour Minimums for each and every Phase/'Day' of an Event. I (and many others) can only hope you've learned some other lessons from the "Kurita vs. Davion" Event and all the problems that were degrading upon it. Frankly, since you're bent on such short Time Limits, check your Challenges carefully and keep them realistic, or start listening to your MWO Community about having 48-Hour Minimum Time Allocations for every Phase/'Day' of any Event you happen to do. Posted Image

For the moment, I'll start this off with an Event Rating of...

7.5/10

...because of this "stuck on 24-Hour Limits" mentality which I see you're unwilling to get off of, and we'll see where it goes from there. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "I've finally hit the point of being a 'Zero Punctuation'-Variety Critic... sans the foul language..." Devnull

[Edit by Post Author due to fighting with Formatting Insanity in the above Quote...]

Hey D V I think your being a bit harsh here dude, it states in the description they are "Mini campaigns".. My personal opinion the time frame is good. So it might not be enough time for everyone to get it done, where is it written that everybody has to? And not that hard either 1 really good drop or 2 avg ones usually took care of it. I'm perfectly happy with these Mini event's if it meens they are more regular occurrence. I would also assume they could be precursors to bigger event's like Tukayid and the like. just my 2 cents.Posted Image

#14 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:28 PM

View PostGeewiz 27, on 07 August 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

Hey D V I think your being a bit harsh here dude, it states in the description they are "Mini campaigns".. My personal opinion the time frame is good. So it might not be enough time for everyone to get it done, where is it written that everybody has to? And not that hard either 1 really good drop or 2 avg ones usually took care of it. I'm perfectly happy with these Mini event's if it meens they are more regular occurrence. I would also assume they could be precursors to bigger event's like Tukayid and the like. just my 2 cents.Posted Image

Most of the objectives were accomplished in a drop or two for most Kuritan participants, but the objectives (Victories, especially), took much longer, or were outright impossible, for Davion. Of 7 drops I had time to play during the Assault phase, I won only one single match, and not by capturing their base (so we didn't get that reward, which came with an MC prize, and was one of the few actually worth getting).

#15 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:46 PM

View PostGeewiz 27, on 07 August 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

Hi there. You're not the only person to read a bit more into my posts today than what I've been saying. I guess being a bit more fine-grained on my part would help. :mellow:

Now, I was NOT saying it had to all be a 100%-ensured chance of completion. What I was saying is that there should be enough time to enable 100% of participants to even have a mere chance at completion. I (and many others) happened to be running into issues with not having a chance to even attempt certain Challenges on the Previous Event. That in a nutshell is why 24-Hour Time Limits are too small, and why 48 Hours is an absolute needed Minimum Time Limit. :blink:

On top of this, not everyone is capable of completing a Challenge Set in less than 4 runs. You must have been really darn lucky in that regard. As I noted in the Previous Event (and many others did), some of us were hitting 10 to 20 runs, but still getting done out of having a chance to do a particular Challenge or two. I've even got an example of that from someone else on this very thread...

View PostC337Skymaster, on 07 August 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

Most of the objectives were accomplished in a drop or two for most Kuritan participants, but the objectives (Victories, especially), took much longer, or were outright impossible, for Davion. Of 7 drops I had time to play during the Assault phase, I won only one single match, and not by capturing their base (so we didn't get that reward, which came with an MC prize, and was one of the few actually worth getting).

...and I was having the problem too, even though I was on the opposing Kurita Side of the "Kurita vs. Davion" Event! :(

So, in addition to all that, I should note that I do agree with you on a couple things, albeit with an exception... I would like more of these Mini-Events for Faction Warfare as well. And yes, it would be good to see some of them lead up to bigger things and awesome Mega-Events. Where I differ is that I think PGI should be more realistic about Time Provisions versus those Heavy Challenges, because a literal single day is too small for most folk... particularly some older ones I know. :)

Geewiz 27, thanks for the chance to really expand the discussion. (Your post is getting a 'Like' for that!) I appreciate it, and I hope you have a better insight into my thoughts on the matter now. Maybe once PGI's Staff reads this, they'll understand why their sticking to 24-Hour Limits is rather unrealistic. Have a good day, okay? B)

~Mr. D. V. "To some extents, we do agree... To other extents, there are reasons I never could..." Devnull

[Minor Edit by Post Author for something not displaying properly... and to add a Missed Thought!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 07 August 2018 - 05:51 PM.

#16 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:08 PM

The first FP mini-event was GREAT. Fun, nice rewards, and achievable.

Thank you PGI for deciding to repeat it.

The only thing I'd change from a design perspective would be the turret kill requirement. (That incented some players to play selfishly in turret rushes, and making it harder to carry them and win matches for those who were playing for the team win.)

If you could remove or lower the 10-match probation period for Loyalists who switch to participate in the event, that too would be welcomed.

Edited by Appogee, 07 August 2018 - 06:33 PM.

#17 Shaky Snake

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts
  • LocationAEST

Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:11 PM

Love that we’ve got events that encourage FP, and that we get the opportunity to do clan v clan and IS v IS. Personally, I hope the trend continues!

Some general feedback however; it’d be great if you could split some of the goals between scouting and invasion - the balance deserves to go towards invasion, but scouting helps and can be fun in its own right. Also, making the goals achievable on both sides, as those turret kills were a real PITA and difficult to achieve if with the queue times and 50% chance of getting defence.

Small things in the grand scheme, but thanks for putting these events on!

#18 Fryepod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 111 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUpstate, New York

Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:13 PM

Was a fun event even on the davion side of things. Never get enough of that IS vs IS action, pretty much played all weekend.

Will probably do the clan one but we'll see. Maybe solaris instead 😂
< filthy free birth.

#19 MechWpnsTech

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:32 PM

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Refusal_War

#20 Righter8

• PipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor