225 replies to this topic

#181 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:02 AM

Let's hope your family doesn't get in the way this time!

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 August 2018 - 01:26 AM, said:

8.7/10

Edited by justcallme A S H, 19 August 2018 - 06:02 AM.

#182 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:30 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 19 August 2018 - 06:02 AM, said:

Let's hope your family doesn't get in the way this time!

Indeed. However, if anything is going to affect the Rating further, it would have to do more with...
  • The feel of the Event's Battle Periods versus being able to ignore Real Life trying to derail people
  • A bug in the Event's design which I haven't found yet, likely in the Personal Challenges
  • A problem with the MWO Game Code itself causing a problem to actually operating in the Client
...because as this Event is, it's looking pretty good. It just needs a few differences to get it just right. B)

Oh... And it needs less people (like 'Top-Tier Competitive'-type Players) misinterpreting my posts which come from a 'Casual-Class Player's Point-Of-View. That's particularly when I'm not getting all my thoughts posted clearly while being on an empty stomach and half-tired. ;)

~D. V. "This particular Event Reviewer can't run on Empty. They need time to get all their thoughts posted first." Devnull

#183 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:49 AM

Already done with the personal challenges. For Counter ECM bit, I tagged an ECM Commando and then shot him with streaks. That did it.

#184 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 19 August 2018 - 09:23 AM

Well, I narc'd tagged and used a uav on against any enemy ecm mech, locked on ssrms and still nothing on the event reward - bugged or am I missing something?

#185 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:28 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 19 August 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

Well, I narc'd tagged and used a uav on against any enemy ecm mech, locked on ssrms and still nothing on the event reward - bugged or am I missing something?

Some people are saying that someone else has to do the locked damage while you're countering the ECM. If it's true that's a colossally stupid way to do things. If you go out of your way to hunt down an enemy ECM mech (which doesn't always exist and isn't even required to be in ANY event matches) and counter its ECM, you shouldn't have to sit there waiting for someone else on your team to complete the objective for you. This is especially true given the traditional animus directed toward lock-on weapons in FP. If you want to field lock-on weapons to complete the event task that should be enough.

#186 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:52 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 19 August 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

You need to deal at least some damage to the target having your own lock/counter ecm system on it. Must've missed the damage bit. Worked for me.

#187 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:40 PM

BAPs and UAVs are your friend for the stealth part of the personnal challenge ;)

Took me one match once I discovered that part lol

The hardest part was to find an ECM mech ! :D

#188 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:04 AM

View PostNinjah, on 19 August 2018 - 01:14 AM, said:

Don't be so short sighted, many IS decks are being built right now and units are getting new people you will play against when the event is over so it's good for FP in general. Besides that, next event will probably be Clan only so no reason to skip fun.
I don't play IS....EVER anymore... as a matter of fact I sold off most if not all my IS mechs when i got my first batch of clan mechs. I have like 3 Is mechs.... and I'm not going to quit a loyalist contract..... plus there are many other factors that apply t why i will never touch an IS mech again... Also if you havne't noticed FP is dead...these events are mearly a poorly charge defibrillator, when their over Fp will return to it's almost dead state.... More than half my friends list is filled with people who never come online anymore Does PGI REALLY want to tick off more people by alienating 50% or less of their playerbase? we've already lost a bunch of players..... does PGI want MORE people to leave? I'm already not buying MW5....

Edited by KursedVixen, 20 August 2018 - 02:09 AM.

#189 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:09 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 20 August 2018 - 02:04 AM, said:

I don't play IS....EVER anymore... as a matter of fact I sold off most if not all my IS mechs when i got my first batch of clan mechs.

Thats your fault

.... and I'm not going to quit a loyalist contract.....

Thats your decision.

Also if you havne't noticed FP is dead...

Well...it is not. Actually i am playing every day MWO and only in FP. How can i do that if its dead?

#190 Geewiz 27

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:44 PM

View PostWarmasterRaptor, on 19 August 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

BAPs and UAVs are your friend for the stealth part of the personnal challenge Posted Image

Took me one match once I discovered that part lol

The hardest part was to find an ECM mech ! Posted Image

I'm probably going to do a face palm when I get the answer to this but what's a BAP?

#191 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:50 PM

View PostGeewiz 27, on 20 August 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

I'm probably going to do a face palm when I get the answer to this but what's a BAP?

It’s the Beagle Active Probe, in the equipment section in the mechlab

#192 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:04 PM

Counter ECM a Mech and get Locked Damage - how to get that? I need a mech with ECM in counter mode or BAP but what about the rest part? I have to lock this mech and deal some damage with lock-on weapons like streaks or lrm?

#193 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:34 PM

can the Ghost Bears have a FW event to crash the wedding so WE CAN ACTUALLY PLAY FW THIS MONTH?!?!?!??!?!

#194 Sneaky Ohgoorchik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:57 PM

I don't play IS....EVER anymore....[and all the other stuff]

Qp for you this week. And for me next week. Thats life.

I believe the game needs more sides or no sides at all. Its kind of bad, if a person who associate himself with one faction don't get content. The whole thing should be closer to some tank arena gamd experience. Lore and sides doesn't really fit. I wish devs just make unit global ladder and call it a faction play. That would do.

Edited by Sneaky Ohgoorchik, 20 August 2018 - 10:45 PM.

#195 Avalhar

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 11:07 AM

On the earlier event with FP I received CB for each completed day challanges (tournament supporter pack), now I don't receive them. Something changed?

#196 Karl Carver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 03:12 PM

View PostArchon Melissa Steiner Davion, on 17 August 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

Why yes I am getting married and I do quite look forward to it! I sure hope the flowers are nice!

Im sending Mycosia pseudoflora your favourites........

#197 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:00 PM

Incursion is such the opposite of fun.

We dropped in all Assassins and rolled the base in wave 1 - because that's what Incursion is based around. Nobody on either side got paid really anything - but that's the point, right? Baserush mode?

Incursion is the opposite of fun. It is anti-fun. Nobody on either side likes Incursion when you play it as Incursion. The only way to have fun in Incursion is to play it like Assault - just with a badly designed box to stand in.

Which is terrible because the concepts of getting energy cells for radar, dropships and jammer is great. Just remove the 'blow up the base' part. Increase the health of the three actual functions by like 5x, remove the base pieces, just make destroying them remove their use from the other team. Then play it to kills - or even add that functionality to Conquest. That would be fun; having to decide if you're using lights to cap or you spend the time to run Radar to see where the enemy is, have the Dropships not go to the enemy base but instead the capture areas.

Current Incursion just makes people not want to play.

#198 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 04:13 AM

It seems like the this event shares the same issue with the last IS event (I didn't play the Clan one so I can't comment) and that is how timezones matter way too much, I can login around 9AM BST and see Davion thrashing then login at 9PM BST to see Liao thrashing. Allowing for some way for other loyalists to get involved in the event would help mitigate this problem slightly and obviously allow them to get in on the event rewards too.

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 August 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

Which is terrible because the concepts of getting energy cells for radar, dropships and jammer is great. Just remove the 'blow up the base' part. Increase the health of the three actual functions by like 5x, remove the base pieces, just make destroying them remove their use from the other team. Then play it to kills - or even add that functionality to Conquest. That would be fun; having to decide if you're using lights to cap or you spend the time to run Radar to see where the enemy is, have the Dropships not go to the enemy base but instead the capture areas.

I'm not sure on their actual health, but having them around the same hitpoints for the o-gens might work in FP.

#199 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:23 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 21 August 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

Incursion is such the opposite of fun.

We dropped in all Assassins and rolled the base in wave 1 - because that's what Incursion is based around. Nobody on either side got paid really anything - but that's the point, right? Baserush mode?

My group was dropping mostly with 2 assaults + 2 assassins... wave 1 was always assassins, you go in, find the enemy, if they're assassins you're fast enough to counter, if not you smash their heavies with your assassins and rough up their base a bit. Then you'd bring in the assaults to actually fight, and you still have another assassin left if you need to quickly respawn to defend the base or kill theirs.

It was pretty lame. Did have a decent fight vs G-NX, they went for a similar strategy, so we had an assassin vs assassin fight wave 1, then got to fight with heavies / assaults for the rest of the match. Not sure why they got salty at the end saying stuff like, "This is why nobody plays you" though, when they did the same strategy as us, and it was 48-30 in the end, so not a complete stomp either.

#200 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:41 AM

View PostEisenhorne, on 22 August 2018 - 07:23 AM, said:

Not sure why they got salty at the end saying stuff like, "This is why nobody plays you" though, when they did the same strategy as us, and it was 48-30 in the end, so not a complete stomp either.

Maybe because you beat them?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users