#141 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:38 AM

View PostMystere, on 08 September 2018 - 03:20 AM, said:

Well, if the usual crybabies did not whine about CERPPCs until they were made "quite undesirable" (to put things mildly), I'd be using them instead.

And flamers, don't forget about the flamers.

The HBR was never a popular CERPPC platform, although it does certainly have good traits for doing it (other than lacking jets). That's what the Nova and Thor are for (they still do it well).

#142 itsmyroad

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:34 AM

I think Solaris should be some event thing that happens only on weekends, or maybe once a month. Have some rewards for winning a div, playing a number of matches, etc. Definately shouldn't divide the community by having it all the time, but maybe you can bring it together with special periodic events, and enabling it.

#143 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:53 PM

View PostFupDup, on 08 September 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

The HBR was never a popular CERPPC platform, although it does certainly have good traits for doing it (other than lacking jets).

Popularity did not matter to me. I loved ERPPCs on the Hellbringer. Posted Image

#144 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 08 September 2018 - 02:52 PM

View PostMystere, on 08 September 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

Popularity did not matter to me. I loved ERPPCs on the Hellbringer. Posted Image

This is what I would try and strive for in balance to MWO, allowing people to run weapon builds they want with out being punished by meta try hards. ****.. there are so many ideas to make more classic load outs work better. Either way.. PGI needs to be trying something other than their nerf bat to all teh weapon faces because that ain't worken and is not gonna fix it.

#145 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:27 AM

View PostFupDup, on 18 August 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

I've always thought that somebody should just some along and start a whole new IP (with game mechanics "borrowed" from BT) instead of nuking BT so that we don't have to endure the holy wrath of the grognards.

Issue there is getting a base to play it
it's a hard market to get into, now that anyone can make a game

#146 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:31 AM

oh yes the Balancing...

Chris Lowrey in

https://mwomercs.com...ts-and-roadmap/

While we know that Heavy and Assault 'Mechs are often among the most beloved and favorite 'Mechs within the BattleTech community, this favoritism is not one that we on the balance team can feed into when it comes to balancing the 'Mechs against one another within the context of a PvP first person shooter.

thats let seeing thats the most Devs have nothing Plan what doing or what MW or BT is ...here not Soldiermodels with same Hitzone,Attributes and only a Maingun ...here PGi try to balance a Military Quad against a M1 Abrams..and the Thinking mans shooter was a Joke from the first day

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 10 September 2018 - 11:32 AM.

#147 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:05 PM

View PostMystere, on 08 September 2018 - 03:20 AM, said:

Well, if the usual crybabies did not whine about CERPPCs until they were made "quite undesirable" (to put things mildly), I'd be using them instead.

And flamers, don't forget about the flamers.

Well, Mystere, you should've done like me : I gave about less than zero zilches that ERPPCs on both sides were ****** and kept wrecking people .
One of the reasons Summoners with 2ERPPCs became so popular .
I never managed to bring the 4ERPCC Warhawk to the same level of acceptance though :(

#148 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:18 PM

View PostB0oN, on 10 September 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

Well, Mystere, you should've done like me : I gave about less than zero zilches that ERPPCs on both sides were ****** and kept wrecking people .
One of the reasons Summoners with 2ERPPCs became so popular .
I never managed to bring the 4ERPCC Warhawk to the same level of acceptance though Posted Image

Ahem! What made you think I completely stopped using them? The CERPPC is my #2 most used PPFLD weapon, with only less than 200 shots behind the CUAC/5.

As for the Warhawk, my favorite setup is still 3xCERPPC + LRM20. I was told it was quite annoying. Posted Image

These day, I just can't bear placing the weapon on anything else, though. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 10 September 2018 - 01:22 PM.

#149 Snowbluff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:12 PM

I have a hard time using the CERPPC. I like IS PPCs better between the lower heat and quirks IS mechs get.

Although this is making me want to retry the TBR-D. lol

Edited by Snowbluff, 10 September 2018 - 03:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users