What Is The Very Least Pgi Has To Do To Start Getting The Players Back?

144 replies to this topic

#141 Stridercal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:58 PM

View PostOllie Rifleman Brown, on 26 August 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

Bring back 3025.

Exactly. I love me some clan mechs, and i love the clan invasion era, but there is literally ZERO way to balance the clan tech with IS machinery in any sort of universally fair environment.

War of 3039, on the other hand, is built around balanced tech.

Do that.

#142 Buster Machine 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 224 posts
  • LocationRepping TharHes Industries on a laptop

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:02 PM

Make 3rd person actually usable. Bring back pop tarting
Create a mobile MWO port(good luck with optimization)

Edited by ChenGGez, 29 August 2018 - 03:02 PM.

#143 Depressing-Fire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNew Tasmania, Kikuyu

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:29 PM

add HAGS.....

#144 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:54 PM

I just started playing again a little bit after about a year and a half, so I hope you appreciate my before/now perspective.

Add a stock mech game mode. I saw Solaris and was disappointed there wasn't a stock option already. There could be leaderboards either per chassis or per division as it is now. I know building is a large part of mechwarrior, but no matter what, unless you force people to have the same footing, there is some sort of min-maxed build that is ideal for the situation, and there only needs to be 1 chassis that can be built to outclass the rest of its division to ruin everything.

Reduce wait time. Allow people to peruse the menus while waiting for a match. All of you are probably immune to it by now, but coming back made me realize just how much of this game is wait screens and loading. Your game is essentially frozen until you get into a match.

Stop trying to ******* nickle and dime people with the mech mastery holy **** PGI just give people their historic XP to convert into SP for free.

The "freedom" of the new SP trees are, whether intentional or not, a trap that makes it harder for new players to min-max. It's a feature that totally caters to long time players. You basically get punished for messing around with different builds, especially when you're actually trying to earn c-bills and grind through the game with the 1 or 2 mechs you own. Yeah, to you guys with 400mil, it's a minor inconvenience. It highly, highly promotes making the one build on a mech that you think you want forever, allocating SP once, then never touching it again. At the very least, all the basic quality of life upgrades should be separate from the 91 SP points. We all know that mobility is a huge buff (hence it being behind so many layers in the old mastery system). It should be treated as such. Imagine the players who misallocate, and then just quit when they realize they're going to have to re-grind and re-spec. Hell I wouldn't mind if everything just got a mobility buff and speed tweak out the gate, and it was completely erased from the UI with no mention ever again, or conversely if it was completely done away with and we only had stock mobility. Honestly I'm just wasting my typed breath with this since F2P games are largely reliant on whale customers (No offense, it is what it is). New or returning is not their main source of income and overhauling the mastery was a pain for PGI as it was.

To be honest, Mastery to SP is probably the biggest change I've felt. All the new mechs and new weapons have not really changed the game that much. You remember the 4xUAC-10 Kodiak? All my builds are as they were a year and a half ago, and they all still work the same. It's pretty crazy and not what I was expecting. You think you've just adjusted to it over time? No. I am telling you if tomorrow several dozen new mechs just showed up, it doesn't matter. They're just new hitboxes. Most of them are mediocre or redundant anyway and if you're doing well with them, then you'd be doing fine in any of the decent chassis that already exist.

MWO is still a mechwarrior instant action simulator unless you go all in with CW, and even that becomes a pretty standard rinse/repeat. Really, with all the pooled suggestions on what to do about that over the years, PGI might as well spend the effort to make another game, which is what they're doing and that's a good decision imo. Unfortunately for MWO, that means we are still stuck in the kiddy pool with motorboats. Doesn't matter how cool of mechs and weapons we can have. We're confined to such a tiny space with only a handful of different scenarios. It really chokes the variety from Mechwarrior since there are a lot of builds that are viable for situations that don't exist in this game.

For what it is worth, PGI did stop power creep. So, maybe it is partially to their merit that all my old builds still work the same.

#145 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:05 PM

View PostMoldur, on 29 August 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

For what it is worth, PGI did stop power creep. So, maybe it is partially to their merit that all my old builds still work the same.

when did this happen? releasing a few mediocre mechs does not stopping powercreep make. as soon as another iconic build comes around it will be back.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 August 2018 - 11:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users