#341 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 07 November 2018 - 09:07 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 07 November 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

Sorry for the radio silence here folks... have my head burried in the PODs at the moment. The QoL changes will be coming soon.. prob the Dec patch. We're still scheduling the discussion points that are beyond QoL but it's still unknown for a tentative release date. More info will be know AT and POST MechCon.

Paul, could you please publish a list of which QoL changes you beileve will be implemented in December?

I'd like to know what to look forward to.

#342 Van mw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationWar zone

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:36 AM

View PostAppogee, on 07 November 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

Paul, could you please publish a list of which QoL changes you beileve will be implemented in December?

I'd like to know what to look forward to.

We promise we wouldn't tell anybody Posted Image List without details, just general info doesn't give information how it is implemented actually so can be used as hype source Posted Image At least among some FW nerds. Hell, even number of the items would be interesting. Maybe use approach similar to mechs countdown - add a bit of info every week? I guess some of them would agree to do this for early access to the list if you don't have time to play with playerbase and delegate the task.
And after this maybe we can dream of map tools Posted Image

#343 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:07 AM

View PostVan mw, on 08 November 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

We promise we wouldn't tell anybody Posted Image List without details, just general info doesn't give information how it is implemented actually so can be used as hype source Posted Image At least among some FW nerds. Hell, even number of the items would be interesting. Maybe use approach similar to mechs countdown - add a bit of info every week? I guess some of them would agree to do this for early access to the list if you don't have time to play with playerbase and delegate the task.
And after this maybe we can dream of map tools Posted Image

To be honest, for me it's more a matter of trying to maintain my enthusiasm for dropping FP any more.

#344 Van mw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationWar zone

Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:14 AM

I gave up already. No reason to do it solo, rarely see a group in the friends list. Sadly, QoL improvements won't change absence of teamplay as I almost can't find group with the teamplay (the only interest in the game for me) except A41. Davion TS is a ghost town at EU timezone ... Now I'm a mediocre loyalist events player Posted Image I guess 3 years of service is enough for retirement. Well, everybody prob. knows that so let's switch to something positive....
GL to all test-pilots of the super pods, wish you came back safe and sound Posted Image Remember to check the catapult Posted Image (esp. if you are a merc)

#345 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:24 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 07 November 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

(ok not really.. I'll be watching the Super Pods hoping no one gets lit on fire)

Seems like that would be an authentic Battletech experience... don't watch your heat bar, you burn up.

#346 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 08 November 2018 - 04:55 PM

View PostEisenhorne, on 08 November 2018 - 07:24 AM, said:

Seems like that would be an authentic Battletech experience... don't watch your heat bar, you burn up.

It just got real.

#347 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:24 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 14 September 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

#1 make loyalist worth being so people take pride in their faction and they fight long hours for it.
#2 balance, Low skilled players,small units and low population factions should all want to play. Give no reason not to play!
#3 reasons to play long hours not just for cbill/mc/decals. Start towards a NBT clone.

This would get me and my unit back into Faction Play and cracking our wallets open a bit wider.

#348 Hammer Hand

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 01 December 2018 - 06:20 AM

View PostTier5ForLife, on 16 September 2018 - 03:59 AM, said:

I think that the no I.A. excuse/reason is lame.

I'm petty sure that the Academy has enough A.I. to run a simple NPC unit. I myself have wondered if PGI does not do it because they believe that the player base does not want to face NPC (Non-Player Characters)

Forget dropping new mechs, put some effect into improving this part of the game. If money is the issue, sell us a "Faction Warfare supporter" and "NPC Unit supporter" badge or whatever much like the "Mech_Con 2018 Virtual Ticket" and the "Tournament Supporter". Buying the Faction Warfare Supporter and the NPC Unit Supporter" should give the player a year-long boost to C-Bills and XP per match.

And if PGI wants to sell more "Mech_Con 2018 Virtual Tickets", it should include a 10% increase to C-Bills and XP. If you add that I will buy one today. I could care less about Flags and Warhorns.

Let's dive into the cost of PGI selling items that give the players more C-Bills and XP. After painstaking calculations, it seems that the cost to PGI is ZERO.

As far as Sieges, If not part of the FW Academy, there should be maps that players can walk that have working Gates, Turrets, Gens and Omega.

If in the FW Academy there would be arrows and lines showing where to go and Tips on what to do. It should teach players how to kill turrets, How to drop the Gates, where to shoot at the Gens (the small window) and where to shoot Omega.

I REFUSE to believe that this is possible, I think it is more that PGI does not have the money or time or desire to do it.

A few examples are when you drop and you have the same Clan guy and the same I.S. guy started you off as you land. Plus during Faction Warfare, you still have a voice saying that the enemy has Artillery when there is no Long Tom anymore.

Not changing them is SIMPLY LAZY. I REFUSE to believe that these simple thing cannot be done.

Like moving the one base on Crimson Strait so the other team simply comes over the saddle and takes it. And the side with that base has to defend it. I've seen the one base taken 100's of times (twice last night in only a few games) and the base at the bottom left I've seen taken maybe 5-7 times.

And a better chat is needed, one where you can link things like your website or more important, your TeamSpeak information. There should be a known TeamSpeak for PUGs. And there should be a chat that is friends only along with an LFG that is friends only.

I REFUSE to believe that PGI cannot do these things. The way I understand it, they are like a software/internet company or something close.

I don't know if you are aware there is a TS for anyone who would like to use it. The CONSTAR TS is still up and running. you can find units and action groups there. I am not a TeamSpeak SME but I think the address is na1.nech-connect.net

You can also make a donation to support the site.

If I gave bad information I am sure someone here or at Mech-Con will fix my mess. :D

#349 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:49 AM

View PostVan mw, on 08 November 2018 - 03:14 AM, said:

I gave up already. No reason to do it solo, rarely see a group in the friends list. Sadly, QoL improvements won't change absence of teamplay as I almost can't find group with the teamplay (the only interest in the game for me) except A41. Davion TS is a ghost town at EU timezone ... Now I'm a mediocre loyalist events player Posted Image I guess 3 years of service is enough for retirement. Well, everybody prob. knows that so let's switch to something positive....
GL to all test-pilots of the super pods, wish you came back safe and sound Posted Image Remember to check the catapult Posted Image (esp. if you are a merc)

yea so many are gone from the game, just sad. Many of the former biggest german units with 150+ memebrs are nothing more then a group of 5-6 people anymore..And the most of them was since closed beta here.

Edited by Mighty Spike, 02 December 2018 - 03:49 AM.

#350 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:57 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 September 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Top secret. But I'm sure most of you could make a very simple educated guess as to when we would ANNOUNCE something. Posted Image

No, I can't. Help me out here, when do you announce big things again?

#351 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:55 PM

View PostRoland09, on 02 December 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

No, I can't. Help me out here, when do you announce big things again?

Soon ™
Which we all know what that means.

#352 El Maestro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 464 posts
  • LocationVleuten, Netherlands

Posted 02 December 2018 - 03:30 PM

I don't understand PGI? Do the deliberatly want to drive us off??
If your roadmap is not sure, just be transparent and tell us.
Don't disrespect by not bringing the list or telling the next big update is FP but not giving a single clue what that means...

Why do you even hold a mechcon for?

#353 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:43 AM

Help me out here, when do you announce big things again?

Ooops. The 'waiting til MechCon' time buying gambit has expired!

Quick... what's another plausible excuse for giving customers neither news nor actual progress for a fourth straight month?

Edited by Appogee, 06 December 2018 - 12:42 AM.

#354 Blockwart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:35 AM

Help me out here, when do you announce big things again?

Never

View PostEl Maestro, on 02 December 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

Do the deliberatly want to drive us off??

Yes

#355 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:40 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 19 September 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

Sorry for the absence here, a lot of things spinning in the air at the moment.

Just want to give you a critical update on discussed points. One of the items being brought to the table has been shifted to a stretch goal for this FP update. It doesn't mean it's not coming, it means it's got a high probability of being delayed.

The item in question is the branching, automated event system. Instead of the process being automated, it will have to be manually maintained. It's our intention to get this to be automated so we can plan out events/mini-campaigns well in advance. While not a major set-back, it's something I want to let you guys know about.

I've kind of lost interest at this point, and I came back after 5 years (and was one of your squirrels if you remember me). Played probably 3000 games since I came back last week of May, and then the event where you had to change faction every 24 hours came and I kind of tuned out. I had no idea this post was from August, but hearing that April will be when the changes are made to matchmaker kind of puts me off of it even more. I'll go from 500 matches a month to 20 if that most likely.

#356 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:57 PM

View PostAppogee, on 05 December 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

It
Ooops. The 'waiting til MechCon' time buying gambit has expired!

Quick... what's another plausible excuse for giving customers neither news nor actual progress for a fourth straight month?

I can say that I was annoyed and disappointed at the lack of anything visible.
After having slept on it a little and rewatching the day 1 vid of the presentation and then the day 2 q&a I've taken a step back to re-evaluate.

There were a few little bits of information that again made me wonder about the possibilities:
  • That there is something going to happen for loyalists is good, making that career path more rewarding is one step.
  • Talks about some of the political intrigue getting re-introduced into the game made me ponder what that actually meant as there was also the comment about doing things that were done before. This probably refers to the events and stories that we have seen recently but it I might hold a little hope for something along the lines of factions voting who they want to fight again as that was a player driven initiative that create the space nerd politics.
  • re-opening discussions around information warfare, the energy draw system and other aspects that the player base put forward
  • looking at things like giving LRMs a direct fire option is interesting and will be fun to test out. I wouldn't mind trying out heavy lasers as continual beam weapons on that note.
  • A technology update for MWO? that would be rather exciting as it seems half the problems with trying to do anything at the moment is due to the age of the system and the layers of code.
  • Reviews and discussions around the modes and making improvements there.
There were some good discussions at Mechcon, just nothing visible that we were able to sink out teeth into.

#357 Gully D

• PipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:59 PM

Imagine if you could trade LP to buy mechs ??? whoa totally cool

ty

#358 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:25 PM

View PostGully D, on 06 December 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

Imagine if you could trade LP to buy mechs ??? whoa totally cool

ty

Only if they are special Faction specific mechs. If they are just ordinary Cbill mechs then no one would care. I've made specific suggestions else where but examples would be.

Davion: Battlemaster variant with Ballistic Slots in each arm (UAC5's)
Kurita: Dragon Variant with Energy Slots in each arm (2PPC)

Different, not OP and only available through extreme effort. Award a light, mediumm heavy and assault at LP levels 5,10,15 and 20 respectively.

Cbills, GXP and even MC will only motivate people so far, give them something that is unobtainable any other way and they might just push on for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users