Can We Have Balance Please?

Balance Loadout

69 replies to this topic

Poll: Balance needed? (88 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree we need more balance?

1. Yes (22 votes [24.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.72%

2. No (67 votes [75.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:42 AM

At first I thought OP was going to talk about IS being overpowered in general due to superior survivability and etc. But he talks about Clams being so because they can triple/quad AMS while IS can't.
Clearly OP hasn't seen enough videos about triple AMS NVAs/KFXs getting deleted too upon being narced.
And yes IS is still overpowered compared to Clams.

Edited by Yondu Udonta, 06 September 2018 - 05:42 AM.

#22 i m not sharing my armor for you

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:02 AM

Muhaaa, 3 laser AMS and you are in perma overheat, put of rightarm of Kitfox ad you hve 3 AMS and ECM less just a good hit with 3 ERLRG-Laser or a pair of heavy gaus or..., yes, there should be a blance of LURMS but look at heavy gaus, having more then 4 chassis of same type same time on the battlefield too, or did you ever survive an 12 Anni drop or a 48 Assassin drop? remove all Def Quirks on all mechs, reduce Heatcap to 50, and put Lurms(and amunition) on the prebuffstate, give Gaus HEAT equal to its damage...then you could look at ghost heat, itis not neccasary any more....you could remove give the shoot more then 2 gaus same time back( 48 Damage for 48 heat or 64 dmg for 64 heat (OH the mech takes so much damage that it destroys his gaus by overheat) so a double heavygaus jut makes 50 dmg and have to wait until the heat is down again, everybody could live with that

#23 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:09 AM

View PostAsym, on 06 September 2018 - 05:03 AM, said:

This topic is comical. The entire game's premise is that of the cold war: *post WW2 to the 1980's".... One side had all of the high tech and well educated warriors and the other side has a huge military foot print of study bit simple stuff....

Mass versus finesse. It's the backdrop to the MW Universe. Balance on in this case, a lack of balance is what "should have driven the entire story line..." You solve problems differently from either of the two perspectives... The challenges are more exciting because of those differences.

But, this is a game and most kids never studied the cold war and have zero inkling about the history of that struggle..... NATO vs. the "Eastern Bloc". The M1 versus the T-72.....as an example. Balance is for those whom always want an easy solution and complain that "all things need to be 'fair' for me to compete......"

No wonder MWO is failing.

If you start with history youd better bring examples that will hold. Yours is ****** or i understood it in a wrong way.
T72 is a derivate of the T64, which was mass produced since 1967. Abrams from 1980 onwards ...
or in other words, in our 2 block confrontation the soviets had an edge over nato forces until 1984/1985, atleast on the ground(not that (h)airforce would have mattered in an sam saturated europe anyways) and for educated warriors(btw. its soldiers), thing is conscript armies(atleast in the nato/soviet confrontation) always beat "regular" forces in that regard.

You can say alot of, well deserved, things about eastern bloc countries and their respective militaries, but on average education was better then in nato countries and with regards to mass vs. class ... wartime numbers, like populationsnumbers, on the eastern bloc would have been lower(or atleast on par) then what nato brought to the table, not that numbers would matter that much in modern warfare anyways.

#24 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:13 AM

Dear OP, your kind of lack of insight into this shallow game is one of the major points that drove me away from it .
Stop whining, adapt, overcome, succeed .

Repeat it with me :
ADAPT
OVERCOME
SUCCEED

Now repeat it 3000 times so it sticks, despite my knowledge it won´t improve you as a player nor deepen your knowledge of the game .

#25 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:21 AM

View PostB0oN, on 06 September 2018 - 06:13 AM, said:

it won´t improve you as a player nor deepen your knowledge of the game .

Maybe it will make him a better human being ;) .

#26 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:23 AM

View PostB0oN, on 06 September 2018 - 06:13 AM, said:

Dear OP, your kind of lack of insight into this shallow game is one of the major points that drove me away from it .
Stop whining, adapt, overcome, succeed .

Repeat it with me :
ADAPT
OVERCOME
SUCCEED

Now repeat it 3000 times so it sticks, despite my knowledge it won´t improve you as a player nor deepen your knowledge of the game .

NO BOON COME BACK TO THIS GAME RIGHT NOW

#27 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:32 AM

View PostDark Wooki33 IIC, on 06 September 2018 - 06:09 AM, said:

If you start with history youd better bring examples that will hold. Yours is ****** or i understood it in a wrong way.
T72 is a derivate of the T64, which was mass produced since 1967. Abrams from 1980 onwards ...
or in other words, in our 2 block confrontation the soviets had an edge over nato forces until 1984/1985, atleast on the ground(not that (h)airforce would have mattered in an sam saturated europe anyways) and for educated warriors(btw. its soldiers), thing is conscript armies(atleast in the nato/soviet confrontation) always beat "regular" forces in that regard.

You can say alot of, well deserved, things about eastern bloc countries and their respective militaries, but on average education was better then in nato countries and with regards to mass vs. class ... wartime numbers, like populationsnumbers, on the eastern bloc would have been lower(or atleast on par) then what nato brought to the table, not that numbers would matter that much in modern warfare anyways.

The later. It's not about the specifics. It's the "great struggle" between diametrically opposed systems.... I am a cold war Armor Officer and have spent an entire lifetime enclosed in steel.... We even exchanged cadre between armor schools after the wall fell....and, did we ever have to re-read Team Yankee and compared notes..... You would be surprised what we really discovered about each of our "systems"....

I lived in the seven sisters area and have walked the hundreds of KM's of that area over the years. I saw the "apples and oranges" of the military systems as we worked through what could be, might be or should be. Of course, "all plans fail on contact" and "Murphy" is always the reality.

For this game, I've always have seen the "distinctions" between the two major powers as the challenge PGI soon realized that they had bit off way too much.... Because the premise itself never contained a true balance. This tank = that tank or this 60 ton mech must = that 60 ton mech... BOTH, had advantages and limitations based on the cultures that designed them and the roles, those cultures used as the doctrine for the use of and the specifications for that vehicle.

You are correct and we could have hours of conversation about the progression of Soviet bloc tanks... I've been physically in and on all of them since Korea to the later 1990's. I would never have been a tanker in the Eastern Bloc.......

#28 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:33 AM

In regards to the game, i still think they were pretty close to a decent balance before they started nerfing mobility and "xl safe" mechs (knight ofclour/quickdraw) and introduced the kodiak/night gyr.
Main problem is the xl engine thing and the smaller dhs, as long as they dont do anything about this main issues we ll be off with band-aids till eternity.

#29 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:57 AM

We are currently at a good balance place now. I dont feel like anything is too powerful, chassis, weapons etc.

There are some stronger builds but nothing is overpowering.

Most things have a counter, most things are strong when used en masse or intelligently, as they should be.

Mostly complaints are from people not in groups bringing cohesive builds and working in tandem, good, FP is the place to be in a group working together. Balance is fine. Mostly people's attitude to teamplay is bad.

#30 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:24 AM

only as far as we need more buffs across the board for a variety of mechs, never again do we need the nerf hammer "just release things plain or weaker then wanted/needed, then go from there buffing it to fit the desired results"....dont start strong, create a joy to play, then crush it cause it goes against your "balance".

Edited by dante245, 06 September 2018 - 11:28 AM.

#31 Angm4r

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:24 AM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 05 September 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

Best balance one can get, and it's available now . . Group up, Listen, and Communicate, ...

Teamwork is OP.

#32 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:33 AM

View PostAngm4r, on 06 September 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

Teamwork is OP.

Teamwork OP for non Team based pilots in the Teamwork Queue.

;)

With the new CW MM, those 'pilots' will be playing with those of like skill. When they start getting stomped we all can have a good laugh at their expense.

#33 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:34 AM

View Posti m not sharing my armor for you, on 06 September 2018 - 06:02 AM, said:

Muhaaa, 3 laser AMS and you are in perma overheat, put of rightarm of Kitfox ad you hve 3 AMS and ECM less just a good hit with 3 ERLRG-Laser or a pair of heavy gaus or..., yes, there should be a blance of LURMS but look at heavy gaus, having more then 4 chassis of same type same time on the battlefield too, or did you ever survive an 12 Anni drop or a 48 Assassin drop? remove all Def Quirks on all mechs, reduce Heatcap to 50, and put Lurms(and amunition) on the prebuffstate, give Gaus HEAT equal to its damage...then you could look at ghost heat, itis not neccasary any more....you could remove give the shoot more then 2 gaus same time back( 48 Damage for 48 heat or 64 dmg for 64 heat (OH the mech takes so much damage that it destroys his gaus by overheat) so a double heavygaus jut makes 50 dmg and have to wait until the heat is down again, everybody could live with that

Thanks mate. Your post is pure gold. Satire is at its best when you can't quite decide between "it is so hilariously outlandish it must be satire" or "OMG, that Clanner must really have gone off his rocker".

#34 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 02:33 PM

View PostDark Wooki33 IIC, on 06 September 2018 - 10:33 AM, said:

In regards to the game, i still think they were pretty close to a decent balance before they started nerfing mobility and "xl safe" mechs (knight ofclour/quickdraw) and introduced the kodiak/night gyr.
Main problem is the xl engine thing and the smaller dhs, as long as they dont do anything about this main issues we ll be off with band-aids till eternity.

Yes, I was talked into playing MWO in Jan of 2017. I bought the Night Gyr series as the staple of what role I was invited to play: indirect fire support. (Since, I was know by my "nuances" of their use in the real world...... Hey, everybody has be good at something !

The Gyr's were a piece of Heavy mech attitude and were a great platform for what I enjoyed.... Then, May 2017 and the disaster of the Skill tree and the subsequent changes.... What was a once powerful and agile heavy became a useless mech for the intended roles I bought it for.... April of 2017 we were convinced that FP was about to be abandoned in favor of Solaris...... My team left the game. A new team I joined left the game in August of that year after a toxic night in FP where we knew the game had run it's course and the all left.

Balance then wasn't bad..... After the skill tree.................it's why they all left !

#35 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 06 September 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

NO BOON COME BACK TO THIS GAME RIGHT NOW

Sorry for leaving you in this, but I guess I won´t come back, Escape from Tarkov, Elder Scrolls Online and especially the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione will prevent this quite nicely .
´twas an honour playing with you and a big bunch of other players .

#36 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 10:27 PM

View PostB0oN, on 06 September 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Sorry for leaving you in this, but I guess I won´t come back, Escape from Tarkov, Elder Scrolls Online and especially the upcoming Assetto Corsa Competizione will prevent this quite nicely .
´twas an honour playing with you and a big bunch of other players .

No one ever leaves this game entirely. At least watch my streams :)

#37 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 01:39 AM

Sorry, Yondu, but no .

#38 Dark Wooki33 IIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 379 posts
  • LocationBlessed Saxony

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:06 AM

Do what yondu is telling you, or he ll send his ravagers after ya.

#39 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:04 AM

View PostDark Wooki33 IIC, on 07 September 2018 - 08:06 AM, said:

Do what yondu is telling you, or he ll send his ravagers after ya.

Let´s see if they can keep up with an Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 car ;)

#40 Abaddun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:45 AM

There is asymmetrical balance between Clans and IS on the anti LRM front. IS mechs are generally more flexible with what mechs have the option of AMS whilst Clanners have few options but they are more potent. There are bigger issues right now than AMS balance .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users