Bug Causing Heat Management To Become Almost 0.

45 replies to this topic

#21 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:50 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 15 September 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

Just had a thought - wouldn't it be funny if this was yet another hidden heat feature on certain maps to try and lengthen time to kill? A gradual increase in ambient temperature which reduces the effectiveness of heat sinks as the match goes on...

With a nice Forecast Show from Duncan Fisher...everything goes! Posted Image

Edited by Thorqemada, 16 September 2018 - 05:50 AM.

#22 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:03 PM

View Postjjm1, on 15 September 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

From earlier today. There is all kinds of things wrong with this match. See if you can spot them.

I will blame that Firestarter, it set fire to the game logic.

wow failing to register half your ac shots into the war hammers CT comes to mind

#23 West Santin

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:19 PM

I had that freakin heat bug multiple times over the last few days, especially on UAC clan mechs and the heat bug combined with multiple UACs jamming at the same time drives me nuts.

I tried to reproduce it in the test grounds but wasn't able to do so.

My shot in the blue : it only happens when a certain amount of mechs are punched up in 1 or 2 squares and isn't traceable on server side alone as imho it's more kinda server / client desync bug where the server doesn't receive the correct data from the client in a certain amount of time and so it gives back false heat values to the client or is receiving false disipation values from the client.

#24 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:49 PM

View PostWest Santin, on 16 September 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

I had that freakin heat bug multiple times over the last few days, especially on UAC clan mechs and the heat bug combined with multiple UACs jamming at the same time drives me nuts.

I tried to reproduce it in the test grounds but wasn't able to do so.

My shot in the blue : it only happens when a certain amount of mechs are punched up in 1 or 2 squares and isn't traceable on server side alone as imho it's more kinda server / client desync bug where the server doesn't receive the correct data from the client in a certain amount of time and so it gives back false heat values to the client or is receiving false disipation values from the client.

Take a screen shot of the end. It will show the ID # and post the ID# in the thread listed.

https://mwomercs.com...68673-heat-bug/

#25 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:25 AM

Is this heat but sort of a lag thing?

Btw. i increased my avg. Damage Output recently by 50% lowering my Shadow Setting from Medium to Low...

Cant change a thing on Mechs that dont like to die though...

Edited by Thorqemada, 17 September 2018 - 05:27 AM.

#26 Stinger554

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 383 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:14 AM

View PostC E Dwyer, on 16 September 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

wow failing to register half your ac shots into the war hammers CT comes to mind

If you look closely you can see the ac shots going into the wall in front of him. As if he were aiming down at the wall or firing from a lower position.

First time I notice it is when he should have landed shots on the Firestarter's back and his shots were hitting the ramp as if his hardpoints were lower.

So **** was FUBAR in that match.

#27 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:24 AM

At least half of my team had this problem on Canyon Network yesterday, hitting 100% heat then sticking there even when using cool down shots. I was using 4 lbx2 and 4 std IS Med Lasers (not fired due to range) on a Black Widow, should be virtually no heat at that point. Watched others using AC & LBX experiencing the same issue.

#28 Vyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:27 AM

This is not an illusion.

I have experienced it as well, multiple times with loadout: 2-cSRM6, cUAC10, cUAC5, cLPL, cERML.

My guess is that it's a memory leak, likely corrupting the client's current heat or heat dissipation value.

Edited by Vyx, 17 September 2018 - 09:39 AM.

#29 Phaex42

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:44 AM

Sometimes if I go into Mining for testing and shoot off the Cataphracts ST it will die from overheating. Is that this bug? Or at least I can't think of how else it's dying with full CT armor but structure that goes red.

Edited by Phaex42, 17 September 2018 - 10:45 AM.

#30 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 17 September 2018 - 01:27 PM

View PostPhaex42, on 17 September 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

Sometimes if I go into Mining for testing and shoot off the Cataphracts ST it will die from overheating. Is that this bug? Or at least I can't think of how else it's dying with full CT armor but structure that goes red.

Cooking ammo stored in that location on an IS mech without CASE can cause internal transfer of damage and kill it - got a feeling the Cataphract has some ammo in the side torso in the testing grounds.

#31 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 17 September 2018 - 01:45 PM

View PostPhaex42, on 17 September 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

It's dying from ammo explosion.

#32 Shae Starfyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 17 September 2018 - 01:57 PM

Some messing with the packets and attributing flamer affect on their weapons so when they hit you you overheat, start taking names and cross reference.

#33 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:05 PM

Had the issue a couple days ago on Frozen City. Match number 38871755871 UTC 16/09/2018 01:36:29

Thanks to Texhnolyze IIC over on reddit for posting end of match image about his Linebacker I was able to find it.

#34 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 September 2018 - 03:40 PM

Came back to game after months away and first match i had this heat bug, very annoying

#35 SlippnGriff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 220 posts
  • LocationSpud farm

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:08 AM

Heatbug has been showing up more often now. They need to fix that garbage asap. Please fix game breaking bugs. Also the cap conquest bug has been reported happening

#36 DeskJockey

• Pip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:57 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 15 September 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

I did noticed it started after you got hit by the Firestarter's Flamer, obviously must trigger some sort of code error link to AC heat.

It looked like you right side Ballistics were being shot from your knee instead of your shoulder. Unless the Blood Asp has Knee mounted weapons I haven't seen before.

#37 H Seldon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:15 AM

I haven't played for a few months and when I come back, mech is getting hot and cooling off really slow. Happens on different mechs. Not all the time, but every few matches. I even asked what changed in the last few months. Glad to know it's not just me.

#38 Chortles

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:59 PM

I played a game recently where my Commando with only 2x SRM-4 shutdowned three times in Frozen City. Normally this build is nearly heat neutral even on hot maps, but for some reason firing both missiles generated ~10% each time with a very low cooling rate.

#39 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:04 PM

Is someone from PGI going to give us an update on this bug problem?

#40 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:35 PM

View PostWing 0, on 18 September 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

Is someone from PGI going to give us an update on this bug problem?

I highly doubt it. I have yet to see video evidence*, and I think it likely that neither has PGI. Even if we all here are convinced that this is a real thing, if PGI has no substantive evidence of it as a reality in the live game, they can take no action, nor have a useful place to start in regards to looking in to it.

*that clearly shows with out any doubt that this is a bug.

Edited by Bud Crue, 18 September 2018 - 02:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users