Mwo Anniversary Challenges Events And Sales Updated

160 replies to this topic

#101 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:41 AM

@BumbaCLot: For comparison, my non-completed status. I finished the Incubus chassis I was after. Having done that the anniversary event currently looks like this:

2 537/500 - Match score
3 349 723/5 000 000 - C-bills
35 472/50 000 - XP
61/100 - Assists
2 078/5 000 - Damage
1 674/500 - Missiles shot down
9/25 - KMDDs/Kills
0 Terra Therma / 0 Caustic
3 Frozen City / 2 Polar
2 Forest Colony / 0 Viridian Bog
2 HPG Manifold / 3 Mining Collective

I am rather tired, so I am going to go to bed earlier and continue at some point tomorrow. Before I go I need to note that Viridian Bog failed to get elected at x3 (got first Mining Collective instead), Terra Therma at x4 and Caustic at x5... after those I had multiple games where none of the three were available for vote and at least two of those had NONE of the eight. Of course I did not waste the multiplier, but it is worth noting that the voting is extremely RNG.

But right now, good night to all! :)

#102 Eugene

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:52 AM

View PostCyrilis, on 22 September 2018 - 06:52 AM, said:

does anybody else not get the goodies from the event? My ingane tracker and the event website say 'redeemed', but I have nothing of the stuff in my inventory.

Yup. Just redeemed the blue forge, but didn't see it in the inventory. Exiting and reloggin in the game helped.

Edited by Eugene, 22 September 2018 - 11:52 AM.

#103 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 22 September 2018 - 01:32 PM

View PostFirestormClone218, on 22 September 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

I thought PGI learnt its lesson

Hahahahhahaaaaaaaaaa
AGAIN:
they are sooooooooooooo NEVER EVER NEEEEEEEEEEEEVER going to learn anything from no matter what..EVER..not today not tomorow not in 1k years not in a million years. NEVER.EVEEEER.

#104 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:34 PM

View PostERescue, on 22 September 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

@BumbaCLot: For comparison, my non-completed status. I finished the Incubus chassis I was after. Having done that the anniversary event currently looks like this:

2 537/500 - Match score
3 349 723/5 000 000 - C-bills
35 472/50 000 - XP
61/100 - Assists
2 078/5 000 - Damage
1 674/500 - Missiles shot down
9/25 - KMDDs/Kills
0 Terra Therma / 0 Caustic
3 Frozen City / 2 Polar
2 Forest Colony / 0 Viridian Bog
2 HPG Manifold / 3 Mining Collective

I am rather tired, so I am going to go to bed earlier and continue at some point tomorrow. Before I go I need to note that Viridian Bog failed to get elected at x3 (got first Mining Collective instead), Terra Therma at x4 and Caustic at x5... after those I had multiple games where none of the three were available for vote and at least two of those had NONE of the eight. Of course I did not waste the multiplier, but it is worth noting that the voting is extremely RNG.

But right now, good night to all! Posted Image

I was told you can keep your map multiplier by not voting, so try that next time to keep it when no other options exist. I always vote, but not all Americans do.

#105 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:53 PM

Wait ? Pgi added an event on a Saturday ? someone worked outside buisness hours ?

Or was this another last minute Friday job when we'd all got the impression / been told no event this weekend , just the xp thing and wasnt bothering to check anymore.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 23 September 2018 - 05:05 AM.

#106 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:54 PM

Urgh another farming event resulting in lemmings and Rambo's.

Tonight I must of played 20 games lost all but one. And the last few I though **** it I'm bringing my pretty baby for lurm spam. Quit when we finally won.

I'd sooner not have these events just so we don't have farmers.

#107 WarGanisM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 04:30 PM

Cannot get a Terra Therma, or weirdly enough a Polar highlands game for the unlock.

#108 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 September 2018 - 06:41 PM

View PostWarGanisM, on 22 September 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Cannot get a Terra Therma, or weirdly enough a Polar highlands game for the unlock.

You can have all of my Polars. last 4/5 matches.

View Postmad kat, on 22 September 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

Tonight I must of played 20 games lost all but one. And the last few I though **** it I'm bringing my pretty baby for lurm spam. Quit when we finally won.

Can you elaborate? There is nothing to do on this event except play other than bring AMS and vote on maps. It's literally not an event challenge. Sorry you couldn't carry enough. Yeah bring LRMs if you feel the need to actually do damage and can't...
You don't even need to win anything to get all the rewards. Just play the game to the best of your ability and get free stuff or don't.

And my mother's name was Rambo, so sorry for the tone ;p

Edited by BumbaCLot, 22 September 2018 - 06:49 PM.

#109 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 08:27 PM

View Postmad kat, on 22 September 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

Does the idea of free mc , bonus cbills and mechbay totally disgust you ?

You saying your matches are Rambo and lemming free if there is no event ?

#110 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 11:10 PM

View PostBumbaCLot, on 22 September 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

I was told you can keep your map multiplier by not voting

That's correct, although a lot of the time you can vote something that likely isnt' going to win , and farm it higher. It's a nice metagame you can play and try to farm like 12x, which is rather difficult.

I got all done except some cbills still. About 4 million out of 5 required. I played few games with heroes but most with my regular mechs. Most of the event you can play just about normally, you don't need to do anything special. So it's fairly nice easy event.

#111 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:00 AM

View PostBumbaCLot, on 22 September 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

You can have all of my Polars. last 4/5 matches.

Can you elaborate? There is nothing to do on this event except play other than bring AMS and vote on maps. It's literally not an event challenge. Sorry you couldn't carry enough. Yeah bring LRMs if you feel the need to actually do damage and can't...
You don't even need to win anything to get all the rewards. Just play the game to the best of your ability and get free stuff or don't.

And my mother's name was Rambo, so sorry for the tone ;p

Apologies if I offended you that wasn't my intention but as you've probably geussed I was referring to Stalone's character.

What I mean by not having the event is whenever there's a damage score or kmdd requirement people tend to bring mechs with high alpha or burst damage charge in, focus someone then die and rinse and repeat in the next match.

Either that or they do literally nothing for ten minutes wait for someone else to do the hard work then try and jump in and steal kills.

#112 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 04:12 AM

@BumbaCLot: I did not use the multipliers on "impossibles"... But today has not been better to begin with. The two tries I made so far went: Terra Therma failed at x 6, Caustic at x 7. Going finish my food, then try to queue again.

#113 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 September 2018 - 05:04 AM

I'm still trying to get a match on Mining. That's the last thing I need for my Clan alt.

#114 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:19 AM

@BumbaCLot: Another progress report. I have now finished everything, except for one of the map challenges as my games continued as follows: Terra Therma failed at x 8, pass, Viridian Bog succeeded at x 9, pass, pass, pass, Caustic failed at x 1. So I still need both of the hot maps. Going to switch to my ultra low heat Locust and hope for the best. :D

@Horseman: Hello here, too, and sorry about blowing you up on HPG... Your team sort of left you without much help and I think you "ate" a pretty much full 2 x LRM 20 salvo to your back while already hurt... I hope you get your Mining, I have had a few of those by now.

#115 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:34 AM

Thank you for the event, but...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

...stop creating win conditions that require certain maps to randomly come up in rotation AND be voted for.

3 hours of playing today and the right maps have only come up 5 times. Usually when the maps I need come up for potential selection ... the PUGs won't vote for them.

It's just really frustrating, TBH.

#116 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:37 AM

View Postmad kat, on 23 September 2018 - 12:00 AM, said:

Apologies if I offended you that wasn't my intention but as you've probably geussed I was referring to Stalone's character.

What I mean by not having the event is whenever there's a damage score or kmdd requirement people tend to bring mechs with high alpha or burst damage charge in, focus someone then die and rinse and repeat in the next match.

Either that or they do literally nothing for ten minutes wait for someone else to do the hard work then try and jump in and steal kills.

If you aren't doing this yourself you are doing it wrong. So yes, you sound salty. The goal is to eliminate all of the opposition forces before they eliminate your teammates and yourself. Get the enemy's guns off of the field and they can't shoot your mechs. Pretty simple concept.

View PostAppogee, on 23 September 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

Thank you for the event, but...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

...stop creating win conditions that require certain maps to randomly come up in rotation AND be voted for.

3 hours of playing today and the right maps have only come up 5 times. Usually when the maps I need come up for potential selection ... the PUGs won't vote for them.

It's just really frustrating, TBH.

I was playing group queue last night with my unit and we did run into a high percentage of 3/4 ineligible maps. I finished the challenge early (as per my post a day ago) and started it on my alt and it was very hard to get all of the maps done. Not being on premium time / TSP / no heroes the 5M is going to take a lot of games, so I'm sure I will hit it eventually now that I know how to game the system a little better on my way. Abstaining is very helpful.

#117 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:54 AM

View PostERescue, on 23 September 2018 - 06:19 AM, said:

@Horseman: Hello here, too, and sorry about blowing you up on HPG... Your team sort of left you without much help and I think you "ate" a pretty much full 2 x LRM 20 salvo to your back while already hurt... I hope you get your Mining, I have had a few of those by now.
Eventually did :) And no problem, it happens.

#118 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:41 AM

View PostAppogee, on 23 September 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

certain maps to randomly come up in rotation AND be voted for.

While I could just live with the randomness of the map rotation, I really cannot wrap my mind around the level of ignorance that is necessary to vote against an event map.

#119 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:21 PM

the map part of the challenges is utter cr*p. and you know it. we told you in the past.
and yet, we have this.
again.

not cool.

#120 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:48 PM

View Postlatinisator, on 23 September 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

While I could just live with the randomness of the map rotation, I really cannot wrap my mind around the level of ignorance that is necessary to vote against an event map.

It's not ignorance, it could be spite! I have almost finished my event on 2 accounts already, and then I can vote even more like a jerk Posted Image(

Actually I finished the map part, I just need 50k and 250 more missles shot down on my alt.

The money and XP were the hardest on my alt, but I played 2 faction play matches with top players and won, so that fixed that part too!

Edited by BumbaCLot, 23 September 2018 - 12:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users