Mwo Anniversary Challenges Events And Sales Updated

160 replies to this topic

#121 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:20 PM

Have now completed 25 matches today without the option to vote for HPG.

Edited by Tahawus, 23 September 2018 - 09:30 PM.

#122 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:28 PM

View PostTahawus, on 23 September 2018 - 09:20 PM, said:

Have now completed 25 matches today without the option to vote for HPG.

I had plenty of options to vote the maps I needed .."................... thy just never got picked .

It's fine , part of the fun . Event is not over yet .

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 23 September 2018 - 09:30 PM.

#123 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 09:30 PM

View PostHorseman, on 23 September 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

Eventually did Posted Image And no problem, it happens.

Out of curiosity, how did you two end up in the same match?

#124 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:16 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 23 September 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

Matchmaker OP, please nerf :P

The sad fact however, it's probably due to low player count...

#125 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,698 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:31 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 23 September 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

If I recall, I was running on my recently started Clan alt. It was still in T4 at that point, I believe (now barely T3)

Edited by Horseman, 23 September 2018 - 10:33 PM.

#126 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:34 PM

View PostHorseman, on 23 September 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

I was running on my recently started Clan alt. It was still in T4 at that point, I believe (now barely T3)

I'll have to run into your alt on the opposite team, just so I can blast it back down into T4 so you'll get more matches with the other guy. :P

~D. V. "obviously joking around a bit" Devnull

#127 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:53 PM

Hope they extended this event just noticed there were missions going.

#128 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:10 AM

Mining Collective, Mining Collective, my kingdom for one match on Mining Collective

#129 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:26 AM

How many times people have asked to do not use map/mode specific challenges? Or else it should be like in the last FW events, where you can click special event button to play needed mode.

#130 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 24 September 2018 - 02:18 AM

@PGI

Suggestion: When updating a previous post, please create a new post pointing to the old post, I very nearly missed the update, which would have been a pity.

Except for not getting the final map I need (will keep trying), I really liked this event, nothing too try-hardy in it. Its a purely happenstance event, where regular play will reward you. It seriously reduced the kamikaze potatoes in comparison to the previous ones.

#131 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:51 AM

I got all the Mech Credit map challenges done through quickplay. I used my Roughneck Powerhouse Hero and bought 1 day Premium time to complete the 5 Million C-bills challenge.

I have won more than lose trying to get most of the challenges complete with my Roughneck Powerhouse hero mech. I am not going for the 50,000 GXP challenge as my premium time has expired and I do not like Faction play. Basically if you do not do faction play you would best get a hero mech for quickplay and buy 1 day premium time and keep playing to complete most of the challenges.

#132 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:00 AM

It was kinda easy to get all the maps needed. We used ALL CHAT to figure out which maps were needed so we voted together in the next few matches. It was possible due to low population and same people dropping over and over. Got them all in only one hour. Communication OP.

#133 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:52 AM

View PostNinjah, on 24 September 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

It was kinda easy to get all the maps needed. We used ALL CHAT to figure out which maps were needed so we voted together in the next few matches. It was possible due to low population and same people dropping over and over. Got them all in only one hour. Communication OP.

So can anyone verify how group play map voting works? If you have 4 players you get 4 votes together (so 1/6) and multipliers of 5x would yield 20 votes to 20 assuming all other players / teams had 1x multiplier, correct?

#134 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,698 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:30 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 23 September 2018 - 10:34 PM, said:

I'll have to run into your alt on the opposite team, just so I can blast it back down into T4 so you'll get more matches with the other guy. Posted Image
Good luck, you'll need a lot of it when staring into the barrels of Horseman IIC. Posted Image

#135 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:07 PM

View PostReposter, on 24 September 2018 - 03:51 AM, said:

I got all the Mech Credit map challenges done through quickplay. I used my Roughneck Powerhouse Hero and bought 1 day Premium time to complete the 5 Million C-bills challenge.

I have won more than lose trying to get most of the challenges complete with my Roughneck Powerhouse hero mech. I am not going for the 50,000 GXP challenge as my premium time has expired and I do not like Faction play. Basically if you do not do faction play you would best get a hero mech for quickplay and buy 1 day premium time and keep playing to complete most of the challenges.

If you have a champion 'mech (and I happen to know everyone was recently gifted a Uziel and Nova champion 'mech, and we had the option of choosing our own Champion 'mech from a list after opening 150 loot boxes), then the 50,000 GXP challenge is much easier to complete.

#136 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:11 PM

I'm in the same boat with Mining Collective. I've seen it ONCE in the previous three days, and it got out-voted by Viridian Bog. It hasn't even been an option, since. It's usually a popular map, so I'm not worried about it losing, now that most folks are done with their challenges, but I play match after match after match, and no luck. And it's not a faction map, so I have to play QP.

#137 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:22 PM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 24 September 2018 - 01:10 AM, said:

Mining Collective, Mining Collective, my kingdom for one match on Mining Collective

I know the feeling. As it is, still running one short for Polar Highlands here. :mellow:

View PostRodrigo Martinez, on 24 September 2018 - 01:26 AM, said:

How many times people have asked to do not use map/mode specific challenges? Or else it should be like in the last FW events, where you can click special event button to play needed mode.

PGI could also have just done a Temporary Cycle-Out of Non-Event Maps. That way, only the Maps required for the Event would appear for Vote Options and keep cycling around. :huh:

~D. V. "This whole Map Vote Madness is driving me insane. PGI could have done better." Devnull

#138 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:26 PM

View PostBumbaCLot, on 24 September 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

So can anyone verify how group play map voting works? If you have 4 players you get 4 votes together (so 1/6) and multipliers of 5x would yield 20 votes to 20 assuming all other players / teams had 1x multiplier, correct?

No, the Group Leader's Multiplier will be all that applies. The size of the team does NOT matter at all. So when a Vote is done on Group Queue, it is only just the Group Leaders who are Voting, and only theirs count. It does NOT get a boost because of Group Size in any way. :(

~Mr. D. V. "PGI did NOT set up secondary amplifiers for Group Queue Vote." Devnull

#139 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:07 PM

Dear PGI,

Thanks for the event, they are always welcome. Please never have another event prize qualification hinging on a random property such as playing on a certain map however. It is terribly annoying to try all day long and not get a chance to vote to play on a map to complete a challenge. After twenty-or-so games I get a chance to play the match I need and I get out-voted, even while intentionally saving up vote multipliers. These are the worst even qualifications ever. I know you want to try to have us playing all day to bolster the numbers of people playing this game but you are just making the remaining fans of MWO pissed off. Sure you get a surge of players during the active event but then those same players take a longer break when it's over because they are burnt out on playing three or four hours a night to get a chance of a playing a particular map. In future events please make goals achievable in most drops. It should be performance based rewards, not chance based rewards for the players.

Thanks,
Your friendly neighbourhood Spider-mech

#140 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:31 PM

My map stats for what it's worth:

Mining - 6
Terra - 3
HPG - 3
Polar - 2
Forest - 2
Frozen - 1
Bog - 1
Caustic - 1

Getting Caustic was actually the very last challenge I needed to complete all the Anniversary challenges.

Edited by arcana75, 24 September 2018 - 07:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users