Mwo Anniversary Challenges Events And Sales Updated

160 replies to this topic

#141 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:33 AM

@All: My yesterday since my previous post went as follows: Terra Therma at x2 (success), no TT, no TT, no TT, Caustic vs Mining and Mining wins :(, no TT, unknown (missed vote), Mining and TT both fail, Bog fails, none of the event maps, Polar Highlands, Frozen City. That leaves me still needing Caustic with all others having multiples. That is 12 games, one chance of Caustic and it fails. :( Since I have time, I will try at least a bit more, but I am forced to agree with other posters. Random maps for map specific events is a BAD idea. At least they did not require winning, that would have made things even more RNG (and also that at least I would still require multiple maps instead of one).

#142 Coffeeghoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:43 AM

Oh, the Mining Collective is active? Played for days now without even getting it to vote for. 15 hours left and I won't have much more time.

#143 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:15 AM

@All: Well, I have now finished everything after today went as follows:

Match 1: Caustic (at x2), TT AND Frozen City all fail, Solaris is selected instead.
Match 2: Caustic finally succeeds at x3, the other three are all non-event maps.

Statistics at "end" (I will probably play a bit more before the event ends):

7 213/500 - Match score
8 277 315/5 000 000 - C-bills
97 456/50 000 - XP
163/100 - Assists
7 158/5 000 - Damage
3 592/500 - Missiles shot down
31/25 - KMDDs/Kills
1 Terra Therma / 1 Caustic
6 Frozen City / 5 Polar
4 Forest Colony / 2 Viridian Bog
3 HPG Manifold / 5 Mining Collective

@Coffeeghoul: As you can see from my statistics directly above, for me Mining Collective was one of the most common maps. Things simply are extremely RNG. :/

@All again: Based on what I have read, I am going vote for Mining or Caustic, if they come up for me. Whether or not that will help anyone, I do not know, but I do hope so. :/ Additional note: If I did not miscalculate, I needed a total of exactly 40 matches to finish.

#144 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:04 AM

View PostRyllen Kriel, on 24 September 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

Dear PGI,

Thanks for the event, they are always welcome. Please never have another event prize qualification hinging on a random property such as playing on a certain map however. It is terribly annoying to try all day long and not get a chance to vote to play on a map to complete a challenge. After twenty-or-so games I get a chance to play the match I need and I get out-voted, even while intentionally saving up vote multipliers. These are the worst even qualifications ever. I know you want to try to have us playing all day to bolster the numbers of people playing this game but you are just making the remaining fans of MWO pissed off. Sure you get a surge of players during the active event but then those same players take a longer break when it's over because they are burnt out on playing three or four hours a night to get a chance of a playing a particular map. In future events please make goals achievable in most drops. It should be performance based rewards, not chance based rewards for the players.

Thanks,
Your friendly neighbourhood Spider-mech

Literally all you had to do was play the game. It can barely even be called a challenge. I did it on 2 accounts. You aren't entitled to the reward for everything. Everyone in my unit that cared to get it done eventually did.
All you have to do is play more.

12/12

#145 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:07 AM

View PostERescue, on 25 September 2018 - 02:15 AM, said:

@All: Well, I have now finished everything after today went as follows:

Match 1: Caustic (at x2), TT AND Frozen City all fail, Solaris is selected instead.
Match 2: Caustic finally succeeds at x3, the other three are all non-event maps.

Statistics at "end" (I will probably play a bit more before the event ends):

7 213/500 - Match score
8 277 315/5 000 000 - C-bills
97 456/50 000 - XP
163/100 - Assists
7 158/5 000 - Damage
3 592/500 - Missiles shot down
31/25 - KMDDs/Kills
1 Terra Therma / 1 Caustic
6 Frozen City / 5 Polar
4 Forest Colony / 2 Viridian Bog
3 HPG Manifold / 5 Mining Collective

@Coffeeghoul: As you can see from my statistics directly above, for me Mining Collective was one of the most common maps. Things simply are extremely RNG. :/

@All again: Based on what I have read, I am going vote for Mining or Caustic, if they come up for me. Whether or not that will help anyone, I do not know, but I do hope so. :/ Additional note: If I did not miscalculate, I needed a total of exactly 40 matches to finish.

AMS KING!

#146 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:34 AM

Off line over the weekend, finished last night. Took forever to get Forest Colony (every one seem to have one map they needed to wait to pop up in rotation) but other than that, good event.

#147 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:20 AM

The requirement to play certain maps forces you to get a certain number of games in until you actually get it done. From a statistics point of view it just a function of the number of matches played.

I forgot to mark my scores when I finished the challenge and played a few hours since then, but here it goes anyway:

14,207/500 - Match score
11,931,191/5 000 000 - C-bills
184,157/50 000 - XP
234/100 - Assists
17,871/5 000 - Damage
1,154/500 - Missiles shot down
75/25 - KMDDs/Kills
2 Terra Therma / 3 Caustic
6 Frozen City / 3 Polar
2 Forest Colony / 5 Viridian Bog
4 HPG Manifold / 6 Mining Collective

There, got it all just by playing the game during a few hours. No extra effort required. Except for actually taking 'mechs with AMS equipped and a voting strategy slightly different from "build up my multiplier, vote against Polar".

#148 Marukage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 439 posts
  • LocationPlanet York / DD

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:54 AM

hi pgi

i need more time for MWO Anniversary Challenges
i have not all Objectiv

regards
maru

#149 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:39 AM

@ Everyone ---

Finally got my Polar Highlands match... But that was after an endless spree of people either spitefully voting against it, or PGI's System NOT giving it as an option. (More the latter than the former...) Frankly, I'm in agreement with people upset over PGI requiring some particular Map to be chosen, when the option for one comes up purely by chance and can end up being a fight to get even before an actual battle happens. The available Map Choices should have been completely restricted during the Event's run to ONLY what the Event itself requires. <_<

Also, I'm simultaneously mad at both the Community and PGI over the execution of the Challenge Set. Yeah, really, anger in two directions... Ugh. -_-

In PGI's case, it's because they set the time allowed to be too little on what's supposed to be an Anniversary Celebration Event... Further, the Pre-Announcement has been Totally Non-Existent as of late. This is very NOT "ACE" for them, simply put. (I may be done shortly after typing this with all the Challenges that I can do, but I've seen and know tons of people for which they never had the chance to get enough time in the first place.) There should be an extension of at least 24 to 48 Hours, in consideration to how late these were even added, to make it up to all those people who aren't even an "Average-Level, Casual-Class Player" within the Community. :angry:

And as for the Community, I'm mad at all of you for having decided to rag on PGI until they haphazardly started these Event Challenges without a proper setup or startup. I'm beginning to think I'm seeing return spite from PGI that I should NEVER have had to see, just because you pushed so hard on them. Next time, if you want them to add something, also make sure to have them provide a realistic runtime, as well as Pre-Announcement of these things being added!!! :excl:

@ PGI ---

Thanks for the Non-Founder Stuff that I could get from the Event. That large chunk of (C-Bills), small chunk of (MC), and the additional Mech Bay will all get put to good use. Also, those MWO Logo Mugs & Steins are a nice touch on this Anniversary Event, as has been the Double XP & Boosted Hero (C-Bills) to collect... ^_^

By the way, if you want a good suggestion for Cockpit Items, PLEASE make Hanging Versions of the "Vitric Forge Star Set" to put in those slots. I can just see a whole lot of people doing the "My Shining Star" meme after that. :P

~D. V. "Just getting it all off my chest... Now pardon me, I've gotta scoot! Oh, and thanks for the Event, PGI!!!" Devnull

(p.s.: By the way, I finished the last of the Non-Founder Challenges while I was typing this. No, I totally didn't see that one coming at all... Serious!)

#150 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 12:26 PM

Yeah, I will never get why people get upset over those challenges.

Everybody gets some nice goodies just for playing. With a little effort you can get most without tryharding, if someone wants everything (like me) he just hast to play some more matches.

Tip: Only do it as long as you have fun, getting all the rewards is not worth it if you fell you have to grind.

#151 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:48 PM

I just wanna put this out there..

PGI, you please need to stop making challenges that other people,or the game itself, and not the player himself, controls the outcome off..

I just spent the entire evening playing 5 ft away from my significant other, but we were not playing together. Why? Cose' it's near impossible to get a match as a two man.

We both also spent the entire evening chasing down a SINGLE map for the event.

She didn't get it. I got it on the 7th try that it came up, spent over 5 hours playing to get it.

This is the kind of things that makes people stop playing your game. You really need to change this.

Get X map Y times is a terrible format, unless you make sure that the map comes up EVERY drop.

This isn't the first time this has happened.

Please, I implore you, learn this. And stop doing it.

#152 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:40 PM

View PostBumbaCLot, on 25 September 2018 - 03:04 AM, said:

Literally all you had to do was play the game. It can barely even be called a challenge. I did it on 2 accounts. You aren't entitled to the reward for everything. Everyone in my unit that cared to get it done eventually did.
All you have to do is play more.

12/12

I cared to get it done, but RNGsus had other ideas.

#153 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:52 PM

Played about 2 hours per night, solo QP and finished all 11 parts of event early yesterday.
I kept voting for Frozen City and only voted for that map and finally got it when I had a 10x multiplier the 2nd night.
Next match I voted for mining and got Frozen lol found that all pretty amusing. :D

#154 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 06:22 PM

I got two separate injections of 2,750,000 C-bills each. Not sure if I got double-awarded, or if I'm forgetting something else.

#155 Madadh

• PipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 07:24 PM

I played 40 something games and never saw HPG show up once. Logged in today, very first map.

Extremely fishy.

#156 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:39 PM

View PostJonathan8883, on 25 September 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

I got two separate injections of 2,750,000 C-bills each. Not sure if I got double-awarded, or if I'm forgetting something else.

Last event's TSP rewards have been injected with a major delay. I think I got mine yesterday.

#157 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:47 PM

View PostHorseman, on 25 September 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

Last event's TSP rewards have been injected with a major delay. I think I got mine yesterday.

Jep.

#158 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:26 PM

Another awesome event . Thanks PGI , I really appreciate your efforts to keep us entertained .

I got most of the challenges .

#159 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:34 PM

Nice easy event with good rewards - could even do them very easily in group play so could chill with friends at the same time.

I'll really miss the boosted xp and c-bills.... Posted Image

42,507/500 - Match score
36,890,979/5 000 000 - C-bills
463,527/50 000 - XP
719/100 - Assists
60,227/5 000 - Damage
2,140/500 - Missiles shot down
330/25 - KMDDs/Kills
9 Terra Therma / 8 Caustic
14 Frozen City / 11 Polar
11 Forest Colony / 6 Viridian Bog
11 HPG Manifold / 12 Mining Collective

... Played too much....

Edited by Aramuside, 26 September 2018 - 12:30 AM.

#160 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:52 AM

View PostUncle Totty, on 25 September 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

I cared to get it done, but RNGsus had other ideas.

What day did you start playing it?
Friday and early Saturday had a lot more people voting on event maps. I'm sure over time the most active players got sick of the event maps and wanted to play other maps after they had finished their events. I know I did vote out of spite when solo and got a 12x multiplier trying to get rubelite or crimson.
When I started group play with my unit we started voting again as a team until everyone got their events done.
Then I started playing my alt and got it done, and then lurked solo changing mechs every match trying to simultaneously skill up 40 mechs so I dropped group so I could get matches faster after dying. Yes I'm sure an announcement of the event earlier or simultaneously with the double XP part would have helped some, but the double XP would have still been enough for me after the mech sales they had 2 weeks ago. I bought 12 mechs during the last sale so I had a reason to play anyway.
I don't remember dumping tons of GXP into my ANNI-1X but I only played it 10 times and already have 50 skill points, so the 1 win per day was an insane bonus! I'm literally space broke from all of the event and still need to check all of my other mechs to see how much money I need to skill them up, since I bought another FP BLR-1G and my first Urbie with my earnings from all of the play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users