33 replies to this topic

#1 Donny Line Z

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCannon Beach,or

Posted 30 September 2018 - 08:54 AM

Yarvoo got ab Ace of Spades , I died and landed on him as he killed the last 5 up on my channel with muted sound , smh the music was good too Posted Image

#2 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:23 AM

high skill on display with 2 heavies chasing down a 40 % open CT mech

#3 Donny Line Z

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCannon Beach,or

Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:42 AM

They ran right pas him to kill that chaeta lmao

#4 Snowbluff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:11 AM

Man, I wish I had gotten my AoS when I was still in a tier where people still unironically ran summoners. I was cloase back when PPC AC5 whammy was meta but a guy got behind me when I did a drop behind an unaware mech.

Good job, enjoy the cool title!

#5 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:20 AM

I wonder if anyone really gets 'good' Ace of Spades anymore. Every one I've seen in the last 2 years has been some form of potato farming. The week I got my first one, I got two more as well. I got my first brawling in a laser vomit Hellbringer on Frozen City. The other two were equally pathetic.

I wonder what it was like back in the day, when it meant something. It must have been thrilling. Now it's something sad. "I killed 8 mechs. MM, plz give good match, thnks."

Edited by Bombast, 01 October 2018 - 09:48 AM.

#6 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:36 AM

View PostBombast, on 01 October 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

I wonder how long if anyone teally gets 'good' Ace of Spades anymore. Every one I've seen in the last 2 years has been some form of potato farming. The week I got my first one, I got two more as well. I got my first brawling in a laser vomit Hellbringer on Frozen City. The other two were equally pathetic.

I wonder what it was like back in the day, when it meant something. It must have been thrilling. Now it's something sad. "I killed 8 mechs. MM, plz give good match, thnks."

my first one was with 2LPL6ML EBJ on viridian bog, I wish I was recording. I was the first to take center hill, enemy locust popped it's head up and ate the full burn to the ct and just fell, and just as I cooled off ANOTHER locust did the exact same thing with exactly the same result, it was a magical time, lol

#7 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:41 AM

View PostSnowbluff, on 01 October 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

Man, I wish I had gotten my AoS when I was still in a tier where people still unironically ran summoners

wut

#8 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:54 AM

My first aos was in the lct-1e spl knife fighter. Kudos to player for first aos. Now days aos is pretty easy with an alpha meta mech in solo q.

#9 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:21 AM

I wonder if anyone really gets 'good' Ace of Spades anymore. Every one I've seen in the last 2 years has been some form of potato farming. The week I got my first one, I got two more as well. I got my first brawling in a laser vomit Hellbringer on Frozen City. The other two were equally pathetic.

Yeah, t's like batting 1000, where you should be asking the question is "who was pitching?"

View PostKubernetes, on 01 October 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

wut

There was a summoner with streaks in the match.
When summoner was in meta, it was 2 PPC.
After more nerfs, CERPPCx2 simply isn't enough firepower for QP.
Ergo, summoner is a poor choice.

#10 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:28 AM

I have never gotten Ace of Spade on this account, yet I actually have gotten an AoS.

I was trying to build up an IS alt account, and because the account was still in T5, I managed to wipe the floor in a trial gargoyle or executioner I think. My real account from 2012 vs. some alt that I have maybe 10 hours on. RIP.

#11 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:03 AM

View PostSnowbluff, on 01 October 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Yeah, t's like batting 1000, where you should be asking the question is "who was pitching?"

There was a summoner with streaks in the match.
When summoner was in meta, it was 2 PPC.
After more nerfs, CERPPCx2 simply isn't enough firepower for QP.
Ergo, summoner is a poor choice.

My one and only Ace of Spades was with a Summoner.

#12 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:08 AM

Try heavy vomit with the Summoner. It's pretty damn good.

#13 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:17 PM

MEEE! ME! Me me me me! Look aaat mmmmeeeeee! REEEEEEEE!

This thread is now about me.

#14 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:37 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 01 October 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

MEEE! ME! Me me me me! Look aaat mmmmeeeeee! REEEEEEEE!

This thread is now about me.

Hey, stop it. The Me!Me!Me! video clearly violates the forum TOS. It's an inappropriate topic to bring up.

Edited by Bombast, 01 October 2018 - 12:38 PM.

#15 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:35 PM

View Postjjm1, on 01 October 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

My one and only Ace of Spades was with a Summoner.
In what year?

View PostKubernetes, on 01 October 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

Try heavy vomit with the Summoner. It's pretty damn good.
Build link? I have cbill and slots open.

View PostBombast, on 01 October 2018 - 12:37 PM, said:

Hey, stop it. The Me!Me!Me! video clearly violates the forum TOS. It's an inappropriate topic to bring up.

I see you are also a man of culture.

#16 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 757 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:49 PM

My first AoS was in my jager in 2014
My second was in my BLR sometime in early 2017

#17 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:24 PM

I got AoS back in the day pre-clans in a Cataphract on Caustic with AC/20, PPC and something else...the game was different back then.

It was easy to remember because 1)That Cataphract build was awesome and fun 2) Caustic was awesome and fun and 3)MWO was awesome and fun

#18 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:49 PM

View PostSnowbluff, on 01 October 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

Build link? I have cbill and slots open.

Sorry, at work now. Just build with 2 Hvy LL in the torsos and 4 ERML in the arms. I think 22 DHS. Use your mobility to poke from unexpected positions.

#19 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 892 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:35 PM

Quite the finish for that Jager. I was amazed by his firing control. I would have panicked and alpha'd looking for a quick kill rather than patiently whittling them down!

I would say getting 8 kills is pretty thrilling regardless how it happened (with exception to killing disconnects, which shouldn't count).

My first AoS was years ago with a BLR SRM/Laser and the attitude of "if I sees it, I charge at it". Most recent was Grinner... got it on shadowplay but I think the background music would get me a strike on youtube.

#20 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:36 PM

View PostSnowbluff, on 01 October 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

In what year?

Back in that small window of summoner greatness when the loyalty Summoner was just released and it could boat 6 MPL with its old energy and structure quirks.

I lost the video but I remember I even carried along that super quirked narc to suppress half the enemy team. Good times.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users